Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I have yet to build my mini-pla Megazord, and I know that kit got some grief for crappy stickers and iffy plastic but I saw this and pre-ordered it anyways:

Mini-pla Voltron/Go-Lion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What's the longest wait you folks have had to wait for a kit to arrive? It's been over a month since I ordered my White Ogre and I'm almost concerned.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
IBO weapons set 1 arrived this morning. The mobile worker is so tiny. The Barbatos gun is so big.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is gundamplanet ok to order from? I see they have some kits cheaper than amazon, but never had any experience with them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's the longest wait you folks have had to wait for a kit to arrive? It's been over a month since I ordered my White Ogre and I'm almost concerned.

I've got an action base in the wind. Should probably check how long it's been, I've ordered and received a fair few things since then.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

"hmm I don't understand tubing yet I think I'll skip it, a cursory google review says that the tubing gets covered up"

*finishes leg skeleton, goes to laptop after getting breakfast, idly looks up the kit on dalong*

The tubing I actually did gets covered up, the tubing I skipped IS EXPOSED

:negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I got my Haropla in the mail today. It is adorably teeny :allears:.

Also the base is a puzzle-piece kind that can snap in with the Petit'Gguy ones and contain the limbs should you not want them extended :magical:.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

StrixNebulosa posted:

Banzaihobby to Australia via sea freight took about 2 1/2 months (It was Psycho Zaku ver ka and an assortment of other things and shipping for that was starting to get pricey.)

When I got the PG Exia I sprung for the fastest method and it was at my door in three days.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003

Romes128 posted:

Is gundamplanet ok to order from? I see they have some kits cheaper than amazon, but never had any experience with them.

I've ordered a lot of kits from them, they've been great. Prompt shipping, sturdy boxes with bubble-wrapped contents, and shipping manifests that have obviously been double-checked by a human. The closest thing I've had to an issue with them is that sometimes they'll stick something small (like an LED kit) inside an MG box, with an accompanying note on the manifest.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Puddin posted:

Banzaihobby to Australia via sea freight took about 2 1/2 months (It was Psycho Zaku ver ka and an assortment of other things and shipping for that was starting to get pricey.)

When I got the PG Exia I sprung for the fastest method and it was at my door in three days.

Oh wow. Yeah, I can see getting that with the cheapest shipping, it's already an expensive kit.

My White Ogre was ordered through amazon from Juness Japan Shop, and while I'm not worried about it not arriving - if it doesn't arrive I get a refund and reorder from someone else - but typically I get 2-4 weeks delivery from Japan, and having it exceed that is unusual.

Fortunately my RG kit arrived, so I'm building instead of waiting impatiently for both kits!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh wow. Yeah, I can see getting that with the cheapest shipping, it's already an expensive kit.

My White Ogre was ordered through amazon from Juness Japan Shop, and while I'm not worried about it not arriving - if it doesn't arrive I get a refund and reorder from someone else - but typically I get 2-4 weeks delivery from Japan, and having it exceed that is unusual.

Fortunately my RG kit arrived, so I'm building instead of waiting impatiently for both kits!

For what it's worth; I'm in Australia and generally get orders from HLJ in about two weeks, rarely three, after ordering.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Romes128 posted:

I ordered two kits last Thursday and they arrived Monday. I had no complaints with any business with them so far.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For what it's worth; I'm in Australia and generally get orders from HLJ in about two weeks, rarely three, after ordering.

Same. The longest has been about 5 weeks, and it got lapped by another HLJ order.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Blackchamber posted:

I have yet to build my mini-pla Megazord, and I know that kit got some grief for crappy stickers and iffy plastic but I saw this and pre-ordered it anyways:

Mini-pla Voltron/Go-Lion.

I am definitely buying this when it comes out, but I'll probably wait til the local shop gets it in. This looks pretty cool in color, I'm tentatively excited to drop $60 on it.

Romes128 posted:

I've ordered plenty from them and they're good. They easily have the best site for browsing gunpla I've found - they seem to actually categorize their products so it's easy to filter and search. Unheard of, apparently.

I've moved a lot of my shopping to USA Gundam Store - it's not as nice of a site, but they're closer so I get better shipping speeds from them, and they keep sending discount codes which makes the prices really good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I can vouch for Gundamplanet; they're pretty cool nerds who are all college kids/recent grads that operate in New Jersey. They recently had to stop offering free shipping within NJ but they still offer pretty solid prices.

If you live/visit the area you should stop by their place for a visit, their warehouse doubles as a barebones store that often offers better prices than the site itself. Also offline and online they participate in the "buy X HG's get this exclusive option set" promo which is nice.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've ordered from Juness a couple of times.

Another good Amazon store is TF Store.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

I can vouch for Gundamplanet; they're pretty cool nerds who are all college kids/recent grads that operate in New Jersey. They recently had to stop offering free shipping within NJ but they still offer pretty solid prices.

If you live/visit the area you should stop by their place for a visit, their warehouse doubles as a barebones store that often offers better prices than the site itself. Also offline and online they participate in the "buy X HG's get this exclusive option set" promo which is nice.

nj. good to know shipping to nyc won't take long.

thanks for the help guys.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

I see the Leos have been taking the "Battle Mound" formation from the Imperium of Man.

In the background, it's Leoberty Leading the People

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They really did take this scene from the show

and kicked it up to 40k level

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn trying to kitbash the Miss Sazabi is hard. I got some sick legs off the Zee Zulu but finding a decent big bulky arm/shoulder replacement without cannibalizing one of the kits I actually wanna straight build ain't easy.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So another (possible) mass release P-bandai was announced apparently, the MG Gundam Avalanche Exia Dash

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/pre-order-mg-1-100-gundam-avalanche-exia-dash

USAGundam is the only place Im seeing a listing at right now, they might have put it up early or Im just bad at finding things.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 10, 2018

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I shouldn't buy this.

However, I am going to buy this.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Who cares about that? Ball with legs! BALL WITH LEGS

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Puddin posted:

I've ordered from Juness a couple of times.

Another good Amazon store is TF Store.

Oh man, TF Store is the best. The few times I've bought from them, the kit has come extremely quickly, within two weeks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

So another (possible) mass release P-bandai was announced apparently, the MG Gundam Avalanche Exia Dash

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/pre-order-mg-1-100-gundam-avalanche-exia-dash

USAGundam is the only place Im seeing a listing at right now, they might have put it up early or Im just bad at finding things.

I normally dont care about the Exia, but I love how this version looks like a super robot.

That Gobbo posted:

AaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moon Moon Gundam

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/994377003557007361

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That Gobbo posted:

Is that a custom, or a kit?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

That Gobbo posted:

:stwoon:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
It's a P-Bandai MG Ball kit, presumably for build divers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, new MG ...Gundam?

and Max Factory is doing fairy tale girls

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK, that MG Gundam is from an upcoming Build Divers manga

wait, what? Why is it getting a Master Grade right off the bat?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Gimm and Balls" has me really excited. Hope we end up with more non p-bandai kits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK, that MG Gundam is from an upcoming Build Divers manga

wait, what? Why is it getting a Master Grade right off the bat?

At a guess, I'd say they're trying out a Master Grade-scale series? :shrug: Build Divers has actually paid mention to kits beyond HG-scale.

edit: Also where are you getting those pics from anyway?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Guy Goodbody posted:

and Max Factory is doing fairy tale girls

Clearly what everyone really wants to know is if the panties will have decals like Frame Arms Girls

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ninja

China fish

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
P-Bandai MG Gato's Gelgoog, not even gonna bother posting a picture

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mystery silhouettes!

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/994380206935691264

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: Also where are you getting those pics from anyway?

/m/ and twitter

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo!

https://twitter.com/hobbysearch_gm/status/994384753477402624

https://twitter.com/hobbysearch_gm/status/994385015390666753

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dougram out of loving nowhere :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Given the weird profile of the one on the left, I'm going to make a blind guess and say it's based on the Hashmal Mobile Armor.