Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress all that

I just do it while I'm waiting the 60 seconds for the match to start. Doesn't take that long and I can't do much else during that time anyway. I've probably made at least $30 in crate and clothes sales, though admittedly some of those were jumping on early crates selling for like $3-5 right when they came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

This game paid for itself, Skyrim, and whatever I choose to buy with the $29 I have sitting in my account right now. Thanks PUBG.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Lol if you aren't running around naked

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Except for those of us who've never had a transaction on the marketplace. It requires a 2 week waiting period before allowing me to sell anything. So i list something and wait for 2 weeks before it goes on the market, then the price has gone down so what I listed doesn't sell. So i don't have a marketplace transaction so I need to wait yet another 2 weeks before selling anything.

So I have a lot of locked freaking crates.

Just start the process then get a steam auth on your phone? After the initial waiting period you can put something up and immediately confirm and get it onto the market via the steam app. It's not like you need to wait 2 weeks every time. The big problem is that older crates that require a key sell for like 6 cents, but i've still managed to make about $30 just selling boxes that come from my really casual ~200 ish hours of playtime.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Stealthgerbil posted:

My camouflaged pink tank top makes me pretty like a princess.

...when combined with my lack of pants.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Stealthgerbil posted:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Stealthgerbil posted:

yeah but we're talking about what to wear in game

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Naked crew checking in. Better not be wearing a fanny pack, either!

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Had my second solo win last night.. two kills; UAZ and then.. uzi to kill off #2. Dropped Severny solo, looted slowly because I could have sworn I heard footsteps a few times (loot was bad, M4, some ammo, kitted out uzi, couple meds but zero boosts though I didn’t get every building). Got overtaken by the blue and had to run for the UAZ, which I then crashed into a steep embankment in the woods to the southwest of Sev in some sort of dirt road switchback area which took me to ~50 health. Managed to make it to the road and run down that kill. Continued into the circle with a group of houses in mind, but missed it by a mile as I was getting shot and landed at a smaller group of houses. Had three successive lucky circles and a ridge to hide behind. Then it was just two of us, I bum rushed him with the uzi and he was facing the wrong way (had no idea where I was).

Felt like/was a cheap win compared with my only other one (5 kills, etc), but I am terrible at pubg, so a win is a win and I’ll take it.
:discourse:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Still can't believe they haven't fixed this:
https://streamable.com/h5jhb

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

looks like its working as intended.

Also, the vector still melts faces. (this guy had to be frustrated!)

https://streamable.com/qf4e9

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Thermopyle posted:

looks like its working as intended.

Also, the vector still melts faces. (this guy had to be frustrated!)

https://streamable.com/qf4e9

You can reverse vaults btw

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Rex-Goliath posted:

You can reverse vaults btw

wtf how did I not know this?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it doesn't always work in my experience

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Still can't believe they haven't fixed this:
https://streamable.com/h5jhb

Now that lvl3 helmets only appear in crates, we have to make do with what we've got.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

wtf how did I not know this?

You basically have to panic hit your backwards key and it'll cancel but if you're already halfway through the animation of jumping over you're probably dead anyways.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFESHKPBuc

10 outta 10, worth the money.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there a quick place to see if PUBG servers are up or down? I get "Servers are too buys, please try again later" but I just played a game about 3 minutes ago so I'm a little confused.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Your frame rate is atrocious.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The comic timing between the miraculous safe landing and revengeful motorcycle is pretty great tho

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Your bike is part boomerang, you threw it away and it came right back at you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nothing like getting head shot from full health in a speeding Dacia, only to watch the death cam and see the dude's reticle 20 yards off

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a quick place to see if PUBG servers are up or down? I get "Servers are too buys, please try again later" but I just played a game about 3 minutes ago so I'm a little confused.

the pubg help twitter lets people know when maintenance is happening, its always 7pm pacific time on wednesdays

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I'm getting the servers busy message, but nothing on pubg's twitter...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the pubg help twitter lets people know when maintenance is happening, its always 7pm pacific time on wednesdays

O sweet thank you! I never thought to check Twitter!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thermopyle posted:

I'm getting the servers busy message, but nothing on pubg's twitter...

make sure you're checking their OTHER twitter pubg_help because why would they want their main, advertising twitter full of notifications that they have to take the servers down constantly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Doorknob Slobber posted:

make sure you're checking their OTHER twitter pubg_help because why would they want their main, advertising twitter full of notifications that they have to take the servers down constantly.

oh poo poo, social media is hard.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

nothing like getting head shot from full health in a speeding Dacia, only to watch the death cam and see the dude's reticle 20 yards off

Nothing like still watching the deathcam five months after it was confirmed to be spastic garbage.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
My fully authentic 100% Playenunkowr Battlogrounes keyring is not as small as I was expecting.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

I find when that happens if I quit the game there's some small patch that's deployed during the last game I was playing and it downloads/applies and then I can join. It seems to happen at least once a day to me.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shannow posted:

My fully authentic 100% Playenunkowr Battlogrounes keyring is not as small as I was expecting.

Didja buy that from Dell or something?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

hawowanlawow posted:

Slim Mat posted:

Nothing like still watching the deathcam five months after it was confirmed to be spastic garbage.

Yea, the death cam is only good for "where did I get shot from" or "how low on health are they," and the second one you can just quick spectate the guy to see health now.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Man I gotta figure out what happened with this latest patch. My KDR went from 0.64 (and rising) down to 0.20 currently. I feel like I’m losing every 50/50 and even getting plugged when I get the drop on people and put 5 rounds into them first. They turn around and are like “oh hi” blam blam blam and I’m dead.

Is it possible that I’m just being matched with people who aren’t terrible like me anymore? Are groupings by season or by ELO?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Savage Sanhok patch notes out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651010980180030971

Mostly map-specific stuff but also

quote:

Before boarding the plane, you can now throw apples (found in your inventory)

:confused:

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
From what I understand, it was like an early alpha thing they're bringing back.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Hell yes apples. Game is good now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dangerllama posted:

Man I gotta figure out what happened with this latest patch. My KDR went from 0.64 (and rising) down to 0.20 currently. I feel like I’m losing every 50/50 and even getting plugged when I get the drop on people and put 5 rounds into them first. They turn around and are like “oh hi” blam blam blam and I’m dead.

Is it possible that I’m just being matched with people who aren’t terrible like me anymore? Are groupings by season or by ELO?

they squished the mmr bracket by increasing the starting elo. youre likely getting matched with an overall stronger group of people and also they changed the guns.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Has anyone significantly dropped from 1700? It seems like kind of a high starting point.

Maybe I’m bothered that my consecutive wins gave me like 30sr total when second place used to give me like 50 early in the season

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

My rating is 1756. Says I'm in the top 15%

:psyduck:

Jerkface posted:

they squished the mmr bracket by increasing the starting elo. youre likely getting matched with an overall stronger group of people and also they changed the guns.

Yeah. It sure does feel like SMGs are better than they used to be. I find myself having a conundrum when I'm outfitted with a UMP and a SCAR, and invariably stumble upon a Kar98.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The new patch has just made me go UMP/AK early game and my final loadout is AK/kar98. I'll take a fully loaded SCAR/M4, but I've been loving the AK.

Also they made the m16 the most useless gun in the game imo. I used to pick it up for range pre-patch if I didn't have a kar98 yet, but I don't even bother with it anymore.