Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Golashes posted:

Got my first solo W taking Thanos out last night. He's so huge I just kind of ran up and unloaded my LMG on him since I barely had to worry about actually aiming.

Which is funny because the best thanos strat is to run up to people and melee them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Is individual claiming supposed to be a counter measure againat people that cancel Prime after claiming items or something?

I'm fairly sure it is.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

FauxLeather posted:

The latest Twitch Prime pack just came out. Link your Twitch Prime account to your Epic one and get some meh cosmetics and an emote that absolutely loving whips https://www.twitch.tv/prime/fortnite

The pickaxe is a pretty nice one. The dance is great. And while the skin isn't the best, at least it doesn't have purple poo poo on it like one of the last batch.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

xxEightxx posted:

Which is funny because the best thanos strat is to run up to people and melee them.

most people have the reflex to start bunnyhopping when someone starts shooting at them which is how you get murdered as thanos since jumping nails you to the ground for ~2 seconds while it charges

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Apple Craft posted:

The pickaxe is a pretty nice one. The dance is great. And while the skin isn't the best, at least it doesn't have purple poo poo on it like one of the last batch.

None of these twitch skins have had enough purple on them

They're all so generic

At least the new one is a girl instead of Soldier Dude #58

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

None of these twitch skins have had enough purple on them

They're all so generic

At least the new one is a girl instead of Soldier Dude #58

Is there a diversity problem in Fortnite?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In a game where they could basically do whatever they want with making skins, like 70% of the stuff in BR is soldier dudes

I'm sure it appeals to some people, they wouldn't keep doing it if those skins didn't sell, but it's just so boring

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kelp Plankton posted:

In a game where they could basically do whatever they want with making skins, like 70% of the stuff in BR is soldier dudes

I'm sure it appeals to some people, they wouldn't keep doing it if those skins didn't sell, but it's just so boring

Of the 90 skins you are/were able to purchase with v-bucks, 44 of them are female. http://orcz.com/Fortnite_Battle_Royale:_All_Skins

[edit] Trailblazer Twitch Prime skin is great because it reminds me of the Colonial Marine armor from Aliens.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 10, 2018

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

What are you talking about? Most of the skins are wacky costumes, not generic soldier drab.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Yeah I agree. There's almost always a female and male version of every character too, which is why I was confused by that comment.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think their comment of “soldier dudes” was more of a indication that a lot of skins seem to be generic military types.

Cargo pants, tank top, pouches on belt. I don’t think they meant it in a sexist way.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Beastie posted:

I think their comment of “soldier dudes” was more of a indication that a lot of skins seem to be generic military types.

Cargo pants, tank top, pouches on belt. I don’t think they meant it in a sexist way.

Their post just before that said “at least this one is a girl” so not sure else how to take that. Also about half or less of the skins are “generic military”, which makes sense considering it’s an FPS.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there any word on when skin refunds are coming back because I would love to get rid of a bunch of these skins I bought while drunk.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

yeah i meant 'soldier dudes' in the generic non-gendered dude sense. the last twitch pack was two male ones though which was weird, im glad this one has a woman in it, but shes still a kind of generic soldier and im just not a fan of that stuff

sorry if i confused people. i know theres other stuff- ive bought some of the other skins- but it feels like they're still drowned out quite a bit by the soldier gear reskin stuff. some of the reskins are colorful and have cute themes but they're still a lot of pouches and gear. appropriate for the game but samey looking after a while even in other colors

when they get creative they make some really fun skins though

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Is there a trick to infinity gauntlet? I either get wrecked immediately upon landing or eaten by the storm coming too fast. Have tryed hanging out in the air too and always get beat to the gauntlet.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kyle and Sarah deserve to be in BR.

Johnesy is goofy and I dumb his hate face.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Penny would do great as well.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Pops Mgee posted:

Is there a trick to infinity gauntlet? I either get wrecked immediately upon landing or eaten by the storm coming too fast. Have tryed hanging out in the air too and always get beat to the gauntlet.

I'd say don't try and get the first gauntlet. Try and land nearby and keep an eye on it but let the other 20 people trying to land on the gauntlet whittle him down a bit for you then try to finish off Thanos when he's nearby on low health and grab the gauntlet yourself.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Cluncho McChunk posted:

I'd say don't try and get the first gauntlet. Try and land nearby and keep an eye on it but let the other 20 people trying to land on the gauntlet whittle him down a bit for you then try to finish off Thanos when he's nearby on low health and grab the gauntlet yourself.

If you make it to the final 15 or so and you have a scoped weapon, find a relatively isolated spot where you can keep an eye on thanos and then pick off anyone fighting him after they’ve done some damage to him. Don’t let them feed thanos kills because it buffs his shield.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Every single time I've gotten the gauntlet it was after he was low in health because of other people, yeah. It also helps if the person playing Thanos doesn't realize he can't bunnyjump like usual.

Just like regular Fortnite, be an opportunistic rear end in a top hat.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

An opportunistic rear end in a top hat strategy for the LTM event:

Since the storm advance so fast. If you land far from the circle you are literally dead.

My strategy is to land in a town in the opposite side of the crater and the circle, so I can farm a city that is empty or mostly empty, then use the hop rocks to avoid the storm.

I pay special attention to people that land in this empty town, or that are in the crater. I may sacrifice myself to get 2 or 3 quick kills this way. People that is running from the storm are easier to kill than others.

This strategy is not very good because other people have the same idea.

Another strategy is to camp the lake, when Tilted Towers is outside the circle. The theory is people will abandon the city and have to cross a lake while the storm is behind him. Again, is not a good strategy because most people that drop in TT die theres, and the survivors are smart enough not to try to use the lake in his escape route.

I think this game would be 500 times better If they removed the ugly burst rifle. Nothing worse than opening a chest and getting it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Got to second place for the first time in solo, god drat is that exhilarating. I got owned, but the important part was the friends I made along the way.

One thing I realized is I don't really understand how cursor placement affects building. Are you supposed to look dead center for where you want your next wall, or look at the adjoining piece, or what? When I was trying to panic-poo poo a fort the walls were just kind going where ever they wanted.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

prom candy posted:

One thing I realized is I don't really understand how cursor placement affects building.

I think the wall just snap to grid to a imaginary grid you don't see but exit in the world. If you move the cursor the game will suggest the wall that is nearest from the cursor to that imaginary line. Measuring the distance in your screen, not on the map.

Or thats how I presume it to work. I just build and don't think much about it.

It may be even one of these things were different people have different appeals.

---

BR map ignores the grid and hills and other mountains are softed ignoring it. thats why in some places when you build the wall appear undeground, while in other places seems to hover.

On STW the maps are generated on the fly before the first player join and strictly follow the grid system (they still look great. Fortnite map generator is one of the great ones ever made, next to Minecraft).

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 10, 2018

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I know BR is the hotness but what's the best way to get into STW and make friends?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

I know BR is the hotness but what's the best way to get into STW and make friends?

About making friends:

It use to be helping people do SSD missions.

People try to solo SSD to avoid terrible teammates, and fail. try again and fail again. When they get a useful and cooperative teammate, they are so grateful they want to help you on whatever you need.

Problem is, you find that kind of people in chat, and chat is now wasted with trade request.

I guest the best way to find people searching for help doing SSD missions is discourse or maybe some thread here in SA.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 10, 2018

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

3.2 took a lot of the good playerbase, here in SA as well afaik. But I'm sure there's a lot of new people as well in here still.

By good I mean non-leeching/afking.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Just gotta say RIP to my friend Snows Xbox.

His mom in a fit of rage decided to destroy his Xbox. Like smash it to pieces.

All over cause he wouldn't stop asking for money for the battle pass lmao.

The stories that come from this game.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Are you 11?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ColHannibal posted:

Are you 11?

Playing squads with randoms I imagine.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

ColHannibal posted:

Are you 11?

I’m guessing this is from someone whining over voice chat.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ColHannibal posted:

Are you 11?

No. I'm 32.

The kid was 9. Lol, actually sucks cause he was good squad player.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Haha but its 10 bucks.

I know he is most likely 11 but couldn't he like mow someone's lawn for money for 10 bucks?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay i realize it's Accepted and Funny when parents rage at kids over fortnite

but smashing a $250+ xbox to pieces over literally ten loving dollars is really really loving insane

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I don't know if there's an obvious option for it in the menu, and I can't check since I'm away from my console, but I noticed that on the mobile version the sounds are displayed as a ring in the middle of the screen. Is that something I can turn on for the PS4? That way I can keep my headphones in with the Discord and not worry about being oblivious to a firefight just off screen.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hello, yes, child services? Have I got a tale for you...

Got probably 5 rounds of Infinity Gauntlet in yesterday, poo poo's fun. I got 7 kills in the second match, I was lighting fools up. Completed... 4 battle pass challenges that match I think?

Now tonight my goal is to get the Gauntlet at least once!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

No. I'm 32.

The kid was 9. Lol, actually sucks cause he was good squad player.

Couldn't help your lil squad bro out and buy him a Battlepass?! Then he'd have an unsmashed xbox! You monster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

pzy posted:

Couldn't help your lil squad bro out and buy him a Battlepass?! Then he'd have an unsmashed xbox! You monster.

I was gonna say. Should have been a responsible adult and bought it for him.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The judge told him to stop buying things for strange children on the internet.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Kid should get a job, I had to bust my rear end to afford my everquest subscription

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hahaha. I wasn't there for this whole exchange, he was playing with another member when this went down.

He was asking us for our credit card number to get the battle pass...

Like dude we cool but not that cool.