Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gentleman Baller posted:

Don't be stupid, Johnson. Millennials are too busy eating smashed avo and going to concerts to help with this piece. Just google, 'what Millennials say' and we will pretend. That will work.

Edit: blacks rule

if you actually google "what millennials say" the only autocomplete is "what millennials say about their parents in therapy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

JBP posted:

if you actually google "what millennials say" the only autocomplete is "what millennials say about their parents in therapy"

Holy poo poo lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The paranoid boomer mind REVEALED

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Anidav posted:

Facebook added up votes and down votes to news stories comments sections once again proving that tech companies are lazy hacks who outsourced comment moderation... To commenters.

This has caused people to down vote comments they disagree with until the comment automatically becomes hidden Lmao.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/01/facebook-downvote-nz-australia/
but downvoting comments you disagree with is against reddiquette. how could this happen

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-10/newly-laid-handball-court-dug-up-after-noise-complaint/9746016

quote:

A concrete slab used by local children for handball in a small Brisbane park has been ripped up just months after it was laid, all because some local residents complained about the noise.
The park, located in the Kelvin Grove Urban Village in Brisbane's north, is popular with primary school-aged children who live in nearby high-rise apartments, and the smooth concrete surface has been a welcome addition to their playtime.
But Brisbane City Council (BCC) said the slab was never intended to be used for handball and was to be moved to another park following the complaints.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

lmao of course the kid looking at the poo poo being destroyed is wearing a head scarf, what did I think the complaint would be about

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The William Buck twitter doesn't have that pic and I'm sad because I had a zinger to drop.

https://twitter.com/WilliamBuckAU/status/993790757952606209

wow look at this howler

actually it was posted in the evening and theyd been getting shitfaced at some banking dinner

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 10, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Queensland worst land.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

find the people who made the complaint and use them as a handball court instead. followed by the guillotine

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My name is Billy Buck and I like to <appropriate a stereotype of young people>

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hooman posted:

Queensland worst land.

Spoke too soon!

Guardian Au posted:

The Western Australian police minister has been asked to explain why a police car seemingly drove into a young Aboriginal man walking along the side of the road in the Perth suburb of Thornlie on Sunday afternoon.

Footage recorded by a witness in a nearby car shows the police car veering to the opposite side of the road and striking the man, 19-year-old William Farmer. The footage was released on social media by Farmer’s uncle, Mervyn Eades.

WA police said the man was “being sought for questioning over a caller complaint of suspicious activity in the area”. “The man was arrested a short time later on Wilfred Road after colliding with a police vehicle involved in the search,” they said.

Farmer was taken to Fiona Stanley hospital for treatment.

The Farmer family’s lawyer said Farmer had sustained serious injuries.

“We see no reason why he had to be apprehended in that manner,” he told Guardian Australia. “It looks, from the evidence I’ve seen, like a violent assault.”

The lawyer has written to the WA police minister, Michelle Roberts, who is also the minister for road safety, to ask why the officer in question “has not been suspended from service pending the outcome of an investigation, and when you expect a decision to be made about whether charges will be laid?”

Guardian Australia has contacted WA police for comment.

Why did this man on foot so maliciously collide with our innocent police car!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What the gently caress

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/994433317377228801

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

bell jar posted:

i pity the people you hire with dyscalculia or anything else that precludes them from picking up tasks as quickly as you

Maybe people with dyscalculia shouldn't be working a till? Maybe someone without legs shouldn't be a kick boxing instructor? Maybe a blind person shouldn't drive a bus? I don't want to discriminate against the disabled, but, I'm just not sure.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Operating modern tills requires almost no actual calculations. The exception being fucks who pay in accumulated spare change from their car from the last five years.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

Maybe people with dyscalculia shouldn't be working a till? Maybe someone without legs shouldn't be a kick boxing instructor? Maybe a blind person shouldn't drive a bus? I don't want to discriminate against the disabled, but, I'm just not sure.

maybe you shouldn’t post

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Just walking around being black, very suspicious.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

hooman posted:

Spoke too soon!

Looks like he was thrown a few metres, cripes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

lmao of course the kid looking at the poo poo being destroyed is wearing a head scarf, what did I think the complaint would be about

Officer I would like to report Street thugs throwing round objects near my apartment and speaking in terrorist tongues.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Fwiw I have dyscalculia and worked retail within the last three years and had no trouble operating the till.

Now dealing with fucktard parents who wouldn't let their boys buy anything pink or purple, on the other hand...

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Whitlam posted:

Fwiw I have dyscalculia and worked retail within the last three years and had no trouble operating the till.

Now dealing with fucktard parents who wouldn't let their boys buy anything pink or purple, on the other hand...

Tell them that pink = girls and blue = boys was invented in nazi germany

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Officer I would like to report Street thugs throwing round objects near my apartment and speaking in terrorist tongues.

"We're on it"
*runs over children with car*

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Before Times posted:

Tell them that pink = girls and blue = boys was invented in nazi germany

Why do I have the sinking feeling that this wouldn't be the deterrent you're imagining

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

"We're on it"
*runs over children with car*

I just watched the video. They loving smashed him.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I just watched the video. They loving smashed him.

Yeah it's loving heinous.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

hooman posted:

Spoke too soon!

:yikes:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

imagine being so psychotic you join the police

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

BBJoey posted:

imagine being so psychotic you join the police

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Oceans swallowing seaside towns, locals want the government to buy back their properties, government has no plan to do so.

https://amp.watoday.com.au/national...508-p4ze3z.html

Edit: this is what they get for angering Poseidon.

froglet fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 10, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

its alright, if you run over someone you only get 1 star wanted level, can easily be removed by finding a floating sheriff's star somewhere nearby

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

froglet posted:

Oceans swallowing seaside towns, locals want the government to buy back their properties, government has no plan to do so.

good. you can't make a profit off the land consistently for years and then claim takesy backsies when the risk rears its head

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

froglet posted:

Sounds to me like the government made the right call in not subsiding their rural lifestyle

(bonus points if you can name the poo poo heel who said that Unironically and who they were using it against)

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

My mean-spirited side wants to point out Lancelin's MP is from the Nats. They literally voted in someone who is a part of the coalition to do nothing about climate change, why should anyone bail them out when clearly this is what they wanted?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

“This was gazetted in 1964. You can’t all of a sudden discount that,” she said. “You can’t have owned a block of land since 1964 and be told, ‘sorry, the sea is going to take it’.

turns out geological realities do not respect the gazetting process

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

BBJoey posted:

turns out geological realities do not respect the gazetting process

Also in 1964 I bet that block of land was like $12,000.

Assuming it's already gone under, half a century of housing in the one spot for the low low price of whatever pittance it was in the 60s is really not that bad.

(And if they somehow have no other savings it's going to be tough for me to empathise with them)

And it was Tones who said the thing about subsidising a rural lifestyle (I think).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do the north shore of sydney next.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It was Colin Barnett

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It was Colin Barnett

Was it? I thought it was Abbott talking about remote indigenous communities.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

froglet posted:

Was it? I thought it was Abbott talking about remote indigenous communities.

Yeah it was Abbott

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/mar/10/remote-communities-are-lifestyle-choices-says-tony-abbott

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first doge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kommando posted:

Stop calling adults under 30 "kids" you bastards.

Everyone younger than you is a kid.

Now you know.

• Locked thread