Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

oldpainless posted:

Put new sheets on the bed and slept in them

My wife bought new sheets the other day, and those are some of the comfiest bastards I've ever slept on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

A new copy of my birth certificate came in early! Now I can go get a driver's license in this state and get a job that has been waiting on me getting it for like a month.

Also it's my birthday, so cake will be had!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I just this minute found out that if I pay a small fee (25 euro), I can go alpaca trekking* fairly locally :kimchi:

*it's 2 hours of gentle walking really, but with a friendly alpaca!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Alpacas are like ambulatory sweaters. :3:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I went for a laser hair removal thing today and I met someone very nice.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Pookah posted:

I just this minute found out that if I pay a small fee (25 euro), I can go alpaca trekking* fairly locally :kimchi:

I am so jealous. For content, my day is awesome because I learned that this is a thing :kimchi:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Thin Privilege posted:

I am so jealous. For content, my day is awesome because I learned that this is a thing :kimchi:

Think I'm going to bring my mum there for her birthday; she loves walks and big fluffy friendly animals :3:

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Pookah posted:

I've always called it alpaca packing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I get paid to watch baby pandas play together.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
My sister is getting married!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Pookah posted:

Think I'm going to bring my mum there for her birthday; she loves walks and big fluffy friendly animals :3:

:3: :kimchi:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Waiting for my Starbucks order in a Safeway and got 2 free pieces of pizza from a roving sample cart.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Some neighbors finally moved into the apartment "behind" me, on the other side of the building. While they do make a little noise and cough and stuff, it's okay because now they use their A/C, and it means my shared-wall rooms (bathroom and bedroom) are no longer a hundred million degrees. Before, with nobody living there, their apartment would get really hot and I had to fight heat off of two sides. My apartment is north facing, so their apartment would heat up quickly with a south-facing window, and if I left my bathroom door closed it would always be toasty in there. I just went into the bathroom and it was COOLER than the rest of the apartment, even though I've had the AC off for a few hours.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
For the past several months, we've had a problem at work that we haven't been able to solve. We tried over and over, several possible solutions, until we arrived at the conclusion that the problem comes from a supplier that sold us lovely stuff.

Boss wouldn't accept it, no matter how much we insisted to him, because "the supplier's always been good to us, I can't believe they would do something like this".

Today he went to a meeting of several firms that work in our same sector, and he chatted with some other managers. Everyone has been having the same problem, and everyone says it's the supplier's fault for selling lovely stuff.

Vindication!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I got the job!! It's fulltime, days, in a field I actually want to work in! Real benefits! Full time pay! Never having to make nice to my bitchy boss ever again!!! We're going out for gyros to celebrate.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

The wild bunnies that live near my work have given birth, so now there’s some cute babies bouncing around. Now if only I could get a good picture.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Slept in half an hour and took my sweet rear end time getting ready, and coming into work half hour late or more because of it, don’t give a gently caress.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I redesigned my website/blog this week and have gotten good feedback about the changes, as well as new readers remarking they like the content.

Both made me feel very successful about how this week has gone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I discovered my coworker is afraid of squirrels and it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. There was one hanging out outside our window eating a french fry and she would shriek every time it looked at her. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Met the littlest Chesapeake Bay retriever puppy today and his labrador brother. I instantly fell in love with both and gave them many pets and scritches.
Plus, I learned they live in my apartment complex so the odds of seeing them again are really good :3:

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

It's the last day of my spontaneous holiday to Amsterdam. I saw My Favourite Murder live, stayed with one of my oldest friends and his husband for free, went to the amazing Artis zoo and this morning the husband made me an incredible shaksuka before I left the house.
Now I'm drinking a cappuccino and smoking a joint in a delightfully chill and untrashy coffee shop while I wait for the train back. We have to change at Brussels, so obviously I'll be forced to buy some chocolate while I'm there.

This was a great idea, I need to go on more spontaneous trips.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I got my financial aid packet from the VA and I may be getting an additional $200/month as my kicker. This means I can afford internet while in school!

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
My tuition for next semester is about $2,000 less than last year. :toot:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The horse I wanted to win the big race won the big race!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m currently not at work.

And I’m hanging out with the cats.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I discovered my coworker is afraid of squirrels and it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. There was one hanging out outside our window eating a french fry and she would shriek every time it looked at her. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

People who are scared of random mundane things are the best and I can’t stop my inner little boy from coming out and loving with them over it, it rules

My moms afraid of mines and when I was 10 there were for some reason tons of mimes in Aspen Colorado which we were visiting, like one every block, and it was like they could smell her fear because eventually 4 of them were following her and miming and she was hyperventilating and I was dying laughing

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 05:54 on May 21, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Some guy in a fuckin clown mask or clown makeup in a blue scion suv tried to run me off the road. I couldn’t stop laughing. Ok still laughing about it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I agreed to take an extra shift as a driver helper today and tomorrow at work (UPS), in addition to my regular stuff

but basically due to poor planning the driver I'm supposed to help had left already by the time I was told to arrive(?), and wouldn't be back for another hour+(??) so they said go home or w/e and then comeback later but I'm prreeeettttyy sure I'm still getting paid for this time(???), since I arrived when they said to and it's their fault(????).

Either that or I've hosed up majorly!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just had a lazy weekend eating some good food and watching documentaries. That's more than enough for me.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I got all the plants I needed and wanted to plant outside this summer, and I'm really excited to get down to planting them. I also volunteered for an extra work project that I don't need, but enjoy--easy money. That might be what keeps me from the garden, though.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I didn’t feel like I wanted to quit or feel like the worst, shittiest poo poo that I usually feel at work. It was ok and I felt ok.

This won’t happen next time but for today :unsmith:

E: the Area Manager showed up to do a night audit of my shift cause everyone’s night shift sucks (except mine—not bragging, it’s true) and he saw that, and actually said, “you’re having a good shift.” He’s usually super angry and mean so it’s like, wow.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:17 on May 23, 2018

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got my new-hire paperwork today. Days, fulltime, insurance kicks in next month. Halle-loving-luiea.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I discovered a fantastic new beer at my supermarket. It’s a little thing but it really makes my day seem better. It’s really great and not too expensive either.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

oldpainless posted:

I discovered a fantastic new beer at my supermarket. It’s a little thing but it really makes my day seem better. It’s really great and not too expensive either.

Was this it?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Got my resumes printed out for my job search. I happened to find a business looking for my work off a random google search. Called, and offered a job that night, without even really trying.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Dick Trauma posted:

Was this it?

He strikes me as a Beer Beer Strong kind of guy

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Dick Trauma posted:

Was this it?

Union made :ussr:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

My bill at Lowe’s came out to $123.45 dollars.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Was this it?

Ha, I just drank this like last weekend. Isn't it like 8%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, I just drank this like last weekend. Isn't it like 8%?

Depends on the variety.