Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the lady of pence

i would join the secret service to protect and defend the life of donald j. trump and his whole fukt crew to prevent this man sitting the throne

i'd be better off being his doctor but i feel like he'd fire me or promote to head of the va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that was the most serene face of his i could find btw

dude either seems to have a retarded smile or a glare goin all the time

at least when a camera's pointed at him dead on

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

back in the day y'all

chilluns, sit down

back in the day cheney never looked stupid

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the character named pence always looks pensive

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

dick ccheney hunched in his wheelchair 5000 with a remote control. he is brutally nude.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like dick hangy

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

President Beep posted:

more like dick chafey

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
Ex-NFL star Ricky Williams studies astrology – and it’s telling him to invest in Bitcoin

quote:

Former pro running back Ricky Williams' NFL career was anything but conventional, so it should come as little surprise that his financial advice is also unorthodox.
Williams has spent a chunk of his post-football life studying everything from holistic medicine to astrology and he tells CNBC Make It that the studying the cosmos actually informed his decision to invest in the recent cryptocurrency boom.
"When I look at things, I tend to look at astrology to get insight," says Williams, who tells CNBC Make It that his readings of astrological charts have pointed him in the direction of Bitcoin.
"The insight that got me interested in Bitcoin was the planet Uranus is about to enter into Taurus," says Williams.
Uranus, he explains, "is about revolution; it's about a change in the way we do things; it's about innovation." And Taurus "is about resources and finances," says Williams.
The revolutionary aspect of Uranus in astrology, combined with Taurus' focus on wealth and finance, is leading Williams to predict that, in the near future, "we're going to totally change the way we view and understand" finances, he says.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/astrology-is-telling-ex-nfl-star-ricky-williams-to-invest-in-bitcoin.html

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
uranus told me to buy crypto

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

poor brain thought of repeated concussions and died

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this actually took longer than i expected

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

banking friction?

I get direct deposit into my checking account then I slide my card in a machine to purchase goods which uses the money in my account

so much friction it’s heating up

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
its so easy, I just open my app, exchange my dirty useless fiat for sweet tokens, select my destination, sent them my tokens, and I am done.

As opposed to the legacy option which is to open a :siren:BANKING:siren: app, select my destination, deposit my :siren:FIAT:siren:.

As you can see the process is dramatically easier and innovative

- the dilbert man

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

magical thinking lol. by performing the blockchain ritual these effects will surely come into being

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
tbh sending money electronically in the US is still garbage but dilbertcoin isn’t the answer

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

meatpotato posted:

tbh sending money electronically in the US is still garbage

nah its not unless you're some sort of abject moron

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
sending money in the US is just incredibly American: you use some vendor; PayPal, Venmo, zelle, etc and get a mediocre customer experience from a corporate monster

people that like bitcoin because it makes payments “easy” just are goldbugs, antisemites, conmen, or live in countries where paying off the police and other officials is a norm and/or are under sanctions so they need a way around regulated monetary environments

and/or they’re just functionally illiterate

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
or they are in a country with a terrible currency and bitcoin is the next best thing to US dollars

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

‘like someone taught a stick of deodorant to grimace’

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

meatpotato posted:

tbh sending money electronically in the US is still garbage but dilbertcoin isn’t the answer

coinbert

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah my students loving love that poo poo. Way, way too many concepts involving "distressed" wood and chipped paint and old railroad spikes and such.

That and Edison lamps (those dim crappy incandescent bulbs with clear globes where you can see the filament). So tired

you should grade your students on an early-90s style tired/wired scale complete with nigh-unreadable fonts and color schemes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah my students loving love that poo poo. Way, way too many concepts involving "distressed" wood and chipped paint and old railroad spikes and such.

That and Edison lamps (those dim crappy incandescent bulbs with clear globes where you can see the filament). So tired

edison lampos are actually loving great. i use one in my lamp in my living room and makes for nice atmospheric reading to chill on the couch because its just a nice warm yellow glow--great for rainy nights. LEDs are a lot better than CFLs but still a bit too harsh lighting and don't come higher than 2200K usually

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

I like Constructivism.

:shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol if u dont light your home with thousands of nixie tubes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ooh! or cheap, old broken android phones!!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

cheap, old broken android phones!!

dsyp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’ve always thought of myself as more of a blackberry curve.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

meatpotato posted:

tbh sending money electronically in the US is still garbage

fishmech posted:

nah its not unless you're some sort of abject moron

as a proud american and abject moron, i am glad you agree with my assessment

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

i’ve always thought of myself as more of a blackberry curve.

I love my curvy goon president.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Xaris posted:

edison lampos are actually loving great. i use one in my lamp in my living room and makes for nice atmospheric reading to chill on the couch because its just a nice warm yellow glow--great for rainy nights. LEDs are a lot better than CFLs but still a bit too harsh lighting and don't come higher than 2200K usually

can't decide if artisanal light is more or less ridiculous than artisinal water

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

eschaton posted:

you should grade your students on an early-90s style tired/wired scale complete with nigh-unreadable fonts and color schemes

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

But what about ethics in games rating-systems?

:ohdear:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Last Chance posted:

its amazing the paragraphs motorcyclists will write saying how safe riding is lol. it kinda reminds me of pitbull owners in a way

THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS

THERE'S NO BAD DOGS ONLY BAD OWNERS

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

/
     /
    /

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

see that's where the similarity ends because there are definitely a lot of bad bikes

of course no two bikers will ever agree what they are

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is it safer to motorcycle on roads or to bicycle on roads? :thunk:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

fits my needs posted:

is it safer to motorcycle on roads or to bicycle on roads? :thunk:

electric bikes tend to approach the accident rates of motorcycles for men over 50 because they like to go fast

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://gizmodo.com/uber-plans-to-put-self-driving-cars-back-on-the-road-wi-1825913704

quote:

Khosrowshahi was quick to point out that Uber proactively ceased its autonomous driving tests after the death, failing to mention that the state of Arizona also ordered Uber to stop the program.

lmao uber literally saying "we quit, you didn't fire us"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

President Beep posted:

ooh! or cheap, old broken android phones!!

seriouspost if you come across an old broken flat screen LED-LCD TV you can take the LCD bit out and just drive the backlight and it makes a really nice flat, even, bright and pure white light source you can hang on your wall. looks like a fogged up window with the sun shining on it, it's a neat effect