Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

ILL Machina posted:

Maybe houses for the young adults so their stories can evolve.

A slummy apartment where they have to have fit 5 roommates for a one bedroom apartment because they are all underemployed and straddled with student loan debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Grinning Goblin posted:

A slummy apartment where they have to have fit 5 roommates for a one bedroom apartment because they are all underemployed and straddled with student loan debt

Sebastian won't stop calling it an incubator. Alex tries and fails to follow his hoop dreams and goes deeper in debt to the house. Shane's lack of hygiene and sobriety is a constant issue. Maru lives in the uninsulated garage next to her telescope and the lemon they all share. Abigail starts streaming journey of the prarie king and "IRL" content, makes a fortune, moves into a studio that she never leaves, and no one sees her irl ever again.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Our co-op game slowed the game timer down to 20-seconds-per-10-minutes (the original rate is 7s). A little too slow and 15 is probably more appropriate.

I'm glad people enjoy the more time-pressured multiplayer, but as someone who had not played the game before this I'm quite glad there's a mod that allows you to freeze the timer so you have more time to explore and do things.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

Abigail starts streaming journey of the prarie king and "IRL" content, makes a fortune, moves into a studio that she never leaves, and no one sees her irl ever again.

Nah, Muk-bang streams where she eats various rocks suggested by the viewers.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Anyone else getting a thing where the beehives aren't producing honey if there are flowers by them? Wild honey came out fine before these poppies grew, but now they aren't producing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm at Spring of year 4 on my original game (haven't been playing for nearly as long as a lot of people here), and I'm starting to feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Like, I'm sitting on $1 million, and nothing all that interesting to do with it. I've reached the end of the mine ages ago, finished the community center, and gone as far as I want to in the desert mine. Yeah, there's some fish I haven't caught yet, a couple of things I haven't crafted and all, but I don't have a crazy strong desire to really push for any of that. I have a couple of dinosaurs, so that's done.

If I don't feel like doing the no Pierre or JojaMart runs, is there a way to keep the game feeling fresh? Start a new game with one of the other maps? Or do most people just take a break when this happens?

Also, I feel like Crystal Path looks way worse than Cobblestone Path when it's just a single line like I tend to have in between my crops, so I regret changing that out, and will probably change it back.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 9, 2018

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Craft artistic farms, find some other challenge, play coop. But yeah you've tapped it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

have you messed with the stuff in the upcoming update? supposedly there's more poo poo to sink money on, among other things.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Might I suggest the Cafe Challenge?

A local coffee shop wants to source their entire inventory from your farm. You've got to supply sufficient coffee, pastries, and Strange Buns.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Tibalt posted:

Might I suggest the Cafe Challenge?

A local coffee shop wants to source their entire inventory from your farm. You've got to supply sufficient coffee, pastries, and Strange Buns.

See, it's stuff like this, and the "gently caress Pierre he is the worst" challenge, that I wish they'd incorporate in game

I want a mode where making a lot every month actually matters, and you WILL game over if you don't

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Poulpe posted:

See, it's stuff like this, and the "gently caress Pierre he is the worst" challenge, that I wish they'd incorporate in game

I want a mode where making a lot every month actually matters, and you WILL game over if you don't

This should really be the case for a Joja playthrough tbh

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Can we marry Robin yet? gently caress Demetrius.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Poulpe posted:

Maybe something like Recettear's survival mode where you have to pay increasingly large amounts of money at the end of every week.

By inheriting Grandpa's farm you also took on his massive gambling debts and must pay off Mr. Qi every week or have your kneecaps broken.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Supremezero posted:

this but Caroline

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Countblanc posted:

this but Caroline

Why not both.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm sure there's a homewrecker mod

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Countblanc posted:

this but Caroline

she perpetually talks down every aspect of Abigail that has to do with the wizard ("I wish she'd stop being interested in the occult, dyeing her hair, hanging out near his tower") but then admits ("don't tell pierre") that she went over to the wizard's tower when they first moved to Stardew Valley

she needs a therapist, I don't know if Robin can build one of those?

though now that I consider it Robin and Maru could, considering one built a self-aware AI and gave it SSTO jet boosters just for fun and the other person can build literally anything in three days ... hmm, this is a possibility.

for 500,000g and 950 wood.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 10, 2018

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Psion posted:

she perpetually talks down every aspect of Abigail that has to do with the wizard ("I wish she'd stop being interested in the occult, dyeing her hair, etc" but then admits ("don't tell pierre") that she went over to the wizard's tower when they first moved to Stardew Valley

Sure sounds like there's some connection between Abigail and the wizard that Caroline feels guilty about. :thunk:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

GunnerJ posted:

Sure sounds like there's some connection between Abigail and the wizard that Caroline feels guilty about. :thunk:

it's part of why I really like how CA wrote dialogue and characters in this game, there's so much that's super obvious if you stop to think for a minute but even if you don't it's a chill and fun farming game

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

She has to go, her planet needs her.

:rip:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Multiplayer made me actually appreciate this game. I couldn't really get into it singleplayer so it kind of languished in my library for ages basically unplayed, but playing MP with a couple of friends who had some idea of what the hell they were doing made it click. The only things I really don't enjoy is the seemingly arbitrary nature of what is or isn't shared(everyone gets to pick up their own museum rewards but only one person gets mine checkpoint items???) and the lack of pausing on cutscene means that I don't get to watch any of them because if I watch a cutscene I'll either waste half a day of time or I'll pass out.

It's fun to have people specialize. I'm in two games right now, and in one I decided to be The Fish Man so after a month I've got absolutely no skills but Fishing 10 and I pretty much paid for a lot of our initial layout while everyone else gathered less profitable materials. In the other one I'm much more rounded because there's one less person in the game so I have to do a lot more jobs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Supremezero posted:

This but Evelyn

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Played MP for a half hour. Two players went mine diving, one focused on fishing, and I spent my time clearing the farm. Division of labor and we all share in the rewards. :ussr: Most excellent.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mo_Steel posted:

Played MP for a half hour. Two players went mine diving, one focused on fishing, and I spent my time clearing the farm. Division of labor and we all share in the rewards. :ussr: Most excellent.

Yeah, I really loved it because I could putter around on the farm all day and my co-player could mine all day and all was chill.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Poil posted:

I don't think so. But what else would there, realistically, be to build? A skateboard park for Sam at the quarry perhaps.

A bowling alley :colbert: and a movie theater that lets you re-watch old cutscenes. Yes, I know youtube exists, I just like the option of being able to do it easily in game!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
A better tent for Linus. A really expensive better tent so it's also a money sink.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Mo_Steel posted:

I did the same, except I waited until we had 25k gold and then rushed to the adventurer's guild to buy a lava katana.
I then remained silent and blamed someone else for spending the money :911:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, I really loved it because I could putter around on the farm all day and my co-player could mine all day and all was chill.

:yeah:

It was a bit tricky to adjust to the idea of having to share the money since we started on a fresh save, but once we got some planning going it got fun. We let the person who just wanted to fish grab a backpack upgrade first since that'd help us the most, while I mostly focused on farming so I'd get more skill ups, while the other player was mostly doing odd tasks and mining. When we had more crops we'd all pitch in on watering so it wouldn't take all day / all energy to do it.

Although one thing I noticed was a bit odd was energy recovery seemed a bit weird. Not sure if it was just because we were going to bed too late, but I'm pretty sure we made it in before 12 a few nights and didn't see full recovery, even without hitting exhaustion the day prior.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Countblanc posted:

this but Caroline

You seem to have badly misspelled the name Jodi.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
we get it you all want to gently caress married women

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Let me gently caress Pierre.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
What is it about Jodi moping around in her midlife crisis that makes her attractive to people

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Halser posted:

I did the same, except I waited until we had 25k gold and then rushed to the adventurer's guild to buy a lava katana.
I then remained silent and blamed someone else for spending the money :911:

New crafting available: Guillotines

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
People don't like that Pierre close his shop and want to cuck him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me marry Pierre so we can just smoke weed from his secret stash together

Also that family still weirds me out because my cousin and I used to pretend to be "Pierre and Caroline" when we were like 25 years younger.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

A log cabin for Linus. A really expensive log cabin.

ftfy

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that's good to know, in multiplayer if you get in bed but the whole team isn't, you regain energy fairly quickly.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

People don't like that Pierre close his shop and want to cuck him.

Nobody tell these people about Banks

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

GodFish posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that's good to know, in multiplayer if you get in bed but the whole team isn't, you regain energy fairly quickly.

Yeah this is handy! It's almost strictly better than the hotsprings that you have to spend two in game hours traveling to and from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poque posted:

Let me marry Pierre so we can just smoke weed from his secret stash together

pierre doesn't smoke weed, his stash is probably like xanax

maybe vicodins. but he's definitely not a weed man