Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jackhunter64 posted:

Remember when that guy who worked as a localiser at NOA went on a podcast, said a bit too much, then very quickly didn't work as a localiser at NOA?

No. Link to a story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's kinda weird to me that they keep everything so secret.

Their business model depends on hype and surprises.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

jackhunter64 posted:

Remember when that guy who worked as a localiser at NOA went on a podcast, said a bit too much, then very quickly didn't work as a localiser at NOA?

Hell if you think that's bad, remember when the creator of the Game Boy flopped with the Virtual Boy and Nintendo assassinated him by hitting him with a car

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

my new dog posted:

this worked rather well. now i can run around with a tanky doggo that tries to kill anything it can see. its a shame the dog friend mechanic is locked behind an amiibo but whatcha gonna do.

Does the dog bark to mark enemies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

jackhunter64 posted:

He said something kinda negative about Nintendo right? Like he didn't leak anything he just said yeah we're not localizing that but we should but that's just the way Nintendo operates then got fired like an hour after the podcast was released

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Nice, the devs just confirmed to me in a Reddit AMA that the Switch version of Immortal Redneck features gyro controls with lots of tweakable sensitivity options and that it's their preferred way of playing the game -- hadn't seen any reviews mentioning that so it's good to know. Really excited for this to unlock at noon

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish they had called it something else. They're hamstringing themselves with that name

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Infinitum posted:

No. Link to a story?

https://www.polygon.com/2015/8/13/9149663/nintendo-translator-fired

A former Nintendo employee says he was fired from the company after appearing on a podcast where he spoke openly, and perhaps indelicately, about the company's products and localization efforts.

Chris Pranger, who worked in Nintendo's Treehouse localization group, appeared on the Part-Time Gamers podcast earlier this month where his frank comments garnered attention on sites like NintendoLife and the NeoGAF forum.

I remember listening to that podcast and thinking it was really candid and interesting, but also that there was no way he wasn't getting sacked afterwards.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

While America is having our stupid loving Ninja Turtles Splatfest tournament, look what Japan is getting

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/994390584814006272

The Ninja Turtles are cool and Retsuko isn't even in the running so what's the point?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does the dog bark to mark enemies

yea and then he attacks it. forget about sneaking up on a hinox, and all foxes must die. you can tell him to wait tho

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I really wish they had called it something else. They're hamstringing themselves with that name

Oh ARE they, Jim Silly-Balls?!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

jackhunter64 posted:

A former Nintendo employee says he was fired from the company after appearing on a podcast where he spoke openly, and perhaps indelicately, about the company's products and localization efforts.

Chris Pranger, who worked in Nintendo's Treehouse localization group, appeared on the Part-Time Gamers podcast earlier this month where his frank comments garnered attention on sites like NintendoLife and the NeoGAF forum.

I remember listening to that podcast and thinking it was really candid and interesting, but also that there was no way he wasn't getting sacked afterwards.

Yea, that dude gets fired from basically any company for that.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jade Mage posted:

The music is awesome, and one of my runs I played a Megabuff character who was beating zombies with a lead pipe who died by going to lift a massive weight in the hopes of getting yoked.
Her last words were "If the bar ain't bending you're pretending"... and then she exploded.

lmao

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

Link to a story?

new zelda title leak?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Over There posted:

new zelda title leak?

Paper Zelda: A Link to the Story.

Hire me Nintendo, I know what people want.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I HAVE THE SMASH HYPE

SMASH

HYPE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jackhunter64 posted:

It's always weird to me when someone commits career suicide by doing something like this, like surely you know the company you work for would not be cool with it.

If you want to have that candid discussion, best to get approval and then let the company sign-off on the podcast being released so no fingers are stepped on.
But then I guess it wouldn't be a candid discussion :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Bloop posted:

I HAVE THE SMASH HYPE

SMASH

HYPE

My Uncle, who works at Nintendo, says Goku and Optimus Prime are coming to Smash.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

My Uncle, who works at Nintendo, says Goku and Optimus Prime are coming to Smash.

nevermind, then

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Do you guys remember who BotW was at E3, and NWPlayer123 was willing to pay someone to sneak into the booth and rip the game for them?

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kfyh2ZUrQI

Monster Hunter for the West...

... after World made me not want to go back to old MH.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/994592992760619008

Monster Hunter's back, baby.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Holy poo poo, gently caress yes! Even after World this is still awesome for me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Feenix posted:

Oh ARE they, Jim Silly-Balls?!

Hey. I got this name randomly in a yospos renaming thread :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

empathe posted:

Pretty much

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Switch Fund Status: $190

I'm getting closer y'all

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hoping this means World gets announced at E3 :nyoron:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom bringing the scraps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

I'm hoping this means World gets announced at E3 :nyoron:

It wont. Capcom wouldnt have ported another bad mh if they were going to compete with the only good one

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I know this going to sound really ignorant, but I haven't had a console prior to the Switch since Wii/360 (not counting New 3DS but still). What sort of game is Monster Hunter? I know it's super popular, but I have no idea what it's actually about.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey. I got this name randomly in a yospos renaming thread :colbert:

<3 just playing.

I see in the reddit thread that Immortal Redneck is 540p handheld, 800p docked, runs at 30. Simplified lighting. I mean, if the only non-ugly way to play this is docked then I might as well get it on PS4, right?

Too bad, I love getting games on Switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I know this going to sound really ignorant, but I haven't had a console prior to the Switch since Wii/360 (not counting New 3DS but still). What sort of game is Monster Hunter? I know it's super popular, but I have no idea what it's actually about.

Its a third person coop google a video yourself combat game

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

It wont. Capcom wouldnt have ported another bad mh if they were going to compete with the only good one

Look I understand that you're upset about Generations, but that doesn't give you the right to talk trash about 4U :colbert:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
So this is MonHun XX, right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

empathe posted:

This why I, cleverly, never played World.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

So this is MonHun XX, right?

Yup. Capcom knows that the potential audience in the West is bigger now thanks to world. With that comes a new group of hardcore players who can't get enough of the game, so this could push them to picking this up.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
i wanna HUNT

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

Switch Fund Status: $190

I'm getting closer y'all

what's your venmo, I just found a dime on the floor and will donate it to the cause

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

gey muckle mowser posted:

what's your venmo, I just found a dime on the floor and will donate it to the cause

[EDIT: KingSlime sent me more than a dime, that's enough panhandling from me] send me your dimes and pennies

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ever played Dark Souls? It has similar combat, but the gameplay loop is really different. It's basically nothing but bossfights, you hunt monsters then use their parts to craft better equipment so you can hunt bigger monsters, and so on.

You can solo it or play coop with up to 4 players. It's pretty good if you like challenging combat.

• Locked thread