Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For some reason I can only find a version of this scene with an Italian dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKLIvGF_no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Maybe Spike Lee just has a thing for putting really obviously fake games in his movies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Clockers had some kind of SEGA money behind it, bc the kid is always talking about how cool his Genesis is and the old wise man who runs a chotchky shop has a bigass Virtua Fighter cabinet and its in the background of every shot he's in.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I think Clockers had some kind of SEGA money behind it, bc the kid is always talking about how cool his Genesis is and the old wise man who runs a chotchky shop has a bigass Virtua Fighter cabinet and its in the background of every shot he's in.

to be fair, the kid is right, and if i had a VF cabinet, I'd show it off

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

In Training posted:

Rumble in the Bronx was the same year and there’s a scene where Jackie Chan buys a kid a Game Gear then later in the film he’s playing it with no cartridge plugged in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Surf Ninjas had the kid use a Game Gear to control reality. And Leslie Nielsen as an evil asian general

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

"There was one milestone where our guys had to fly over to present the build to 50 Cent and his management team. He wanted his son, who was about six or seven at the time, to be the person who would review the build and decide if it was any good." Yeah, you can see where this is going.

"So he played it and was saying, 'I love this, I love this, it’s great! But I want a level with helicopters in!' Our guy explained it was a third-person shooter and didn’t have helicopters in. But 50 Cent’s son said, 'No, I want helicopters,' and 50 Cent turned around and said, 'You heard him. Make a level with helicopters in.'"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a terrible straight-to-television movie called Terminal Error in which the heroes win by plugging a Game Boy Color into a large mainframe computer through the headphone port, not switched on, and "hack" the computer by pushing the buttons very fast.

It came out in 2001.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

90s hacking scenes are the best cinema this world has to offer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i checked a youtube video, and they managed to put in a helicopter scene. it looks like every other helicopter scene from games of that time, so gj devs and 50 cent's son.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCNSF7lsoSY

Rail shooter Rage would have been cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

i checked a youtube video, and they managed to put in a helicopter scene. it looks like every other helicopter scene from games of that time, so gj devs and 50 cent's son.

Every other game of the time was ripping off 50 Cent.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Every other game of the time was ripping off 50 Cent.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did that game come out before he released In Da Club or has he always had a fascination with murdering Afghanis because I watched In Da Club on my birthday (Long story) and it starts out with them rolling around an Afghanistan desert looking for terrorists.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

Did that game come out before he released In Da Club or has he always had a fascination with murdering Afghanis because I watched In Da Club on my birthday (Long story) and it starts out with them rolling around an Afghanistan desert looking for terrorists.

he has the heart of a true warrior

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Wormskull posted:

50 wants to protect our freedom at all costs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Metal Gear thread is archived, but the first section of this video is pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5B-zfAIIo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

At the iPhone plant

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

the Metal Gear thread is archived, but the first section of this video is pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5B-zfAIIo

nice

e i also remember him saying he wasnt getting any new music out because he was too busy playing dark souls

dangerdoom volvo fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 9, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank you Mr. Baldwin

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thank you Mr. Baldwin

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!