Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Team getting Fournette and Hilton wins by a ton

Agreed, I'd mash that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
mash that mfin accept button

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you ever try the Calvinball league on SA? IT's basically that but contained to a single season. I never did it, but it seems that the consensus was it's fun but being commish is brutally hard because you get tax code levels of rule interactions

I won it in the only year I played. Throw out any strategy in a normal league and fling feces all over the place and you might win or get 12th place.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hit that accept button.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Should have mashed it. Big mistake.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
cmon fam

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
you just aided and abetted a self robbery

i'm just sitting here lol'in that the dude not only offered you a 2.05 for your 2.02 but also threw in the 2.07 and 2.08 in addition to the 2 best players in the deal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Having Fournette and Hunt in what I assume is a Dynasty seems quite nice.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Received this offer not too long ago.

I'm confused. Are those picks for this year or next year? It says 2018, but Chubb was drafted, so I am unsure.

Also, holy gently caress did that guy really give you Fournette AND three seconds in a super deep rookie draft? Is he a Georgia homer who really loves Chubb?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I'm confused. Are those picks for this year or next year? It says 2018, but Chubb was drafted, so I am unsure.

Also, holy gently caress did that guy really give you Fournette AND three seconds in a super deep rookie draft? Is he a Georgia homer who really loves Chubb?

He was convinced Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman were the best two picks in the draft.

Also, he traded with someone a few hours earlier to get the 2.07 that he traded me.

That trade was him giving up:
Tyreek Hill
2019 first

He got:
Donta foreman
Marqise Lee
Tyler Eifert

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Looks like for this year, they are probably just getting into the 2nd round and Chubb was drafted already.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/FFTakeaway/status/993983067986391040

ctrl + F "targets" 0/0

IT'S LIKE FANTASY FOOTBALL TWITTER IS DIRECT SNIPING BAD TAKES INTO MY HEART

Also the frame of reference for "pull the trigger" is Zeke + a pick which is an automash this article doesnt need to exist why why why why whyyyyyyy

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

It's especially dumb because I don't *WANT* Kamara to have 20+ carries per game. He'd get hurt in like game 3. As a Kamara dynasty owner, I'm actually not happy that Engram got suspended. I want the exact same ratios as last year, with maybe a touch or two more per game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mash

Edit: Way late

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It's especially dumb because I don't *WANT* Kamara to have 20+ carries per game. He'd get hurt in like game 3. As a Kamara dynasty owner, I'm actually not happy that Engram got suspended. I want the exact same ratios as last year, with maybe a touch or two more per game.

Ingram is appealing saying he had an exemption anyway

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

Ingram is appealing saying he had an exemption anyway

lol

Has there ever been an instance where a player didn't appeal a suspension?

His appeal has already been denied, by the way.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe that Zeke kid should have tried to appeal his suspension last year. Who knows what would have happened!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I think someone in my league read that Alvin Kamara article

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Is he the Kamara owner? Because if not, he didn't.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do we have a fantasy football/armchair quarterback discord? Didn't see anything on GDN (but not like SAS general discord is on there either)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Is he the Kamara owner? Because if not, he didn't.

:thunk:

Usually in order for a fantasy player to be traded, he must have an owner.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

:thunk:

Usually in order for a fantasy player to be traded, he must have an owner.

Yeah, but I'm referencing the article that said don't go trading for Kamara yet. If the Henry owner initiated the trade, he didn't read the article. :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Which GB WR rookie would you rather draft in dynasty this year, Equanimeous St. Brown or J'Mon Moore?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Which GB WR rookie would you rather draft in dynasty this year, Equanimeous St. Brown or J'Mon Moore?

First one. Then the other.

Serious answer, Moore is a 4th rounder, St. Brown is a 6th. I think draft equity is in Moore's side. Moore is also in the 78th percentile for SPARQ score, so he's the more athletic of the two, but not by a significant amount.

Honestly, all the receivers the Packers grabbed have similar traits. I think they are grabbing a type and hoping one emerges as the clear favorite.

Is Marqeez Valdes-Scantling already taken? Because he's also a Packers receiver.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

First one. Then the other.

Serious answer, Moore is a 4th rounder, St. Brown is a 6th. I think draft equity is in Moore's side. Moore is also in the 78th percentile for SPARQ score, so he's the more athletic of the two, but not by a significant amount.

Honestly, all the receivers the Packers grabbed have similar traits. I think they are grabbing a type and hoping one emerges as the clear favorite.

Is Marqeez Valdes-Scantling already taken? Because he's also a Packers receiver.

All three are available, and I would be using probably my 3rd and/or 4th round picks for them.

I picked Christian Kirk with my first of three second round picks from that trade.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

All three are available, and I would be using probably my 3rd and/or 4th round picks for them.

I picked Christian Kirk with my first of three second round picks from that trade.

Kirk is a solid second rounder. I'm partial to Anthony Miller, but I also am a college production homer and a Bears homer. He's someone I can't look at without being biased.

How many of the quarterbacks are available?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Kirk is a solid second rounder. I'm partial to Anthony Miller, but I also am a college production homer and a Bears homer. He's someone I can't look at without being biased.

How many of the quarterbacks are available?

With my 2.07 n 2.08 I took Rosen and Anthony Miller.

E: I feel pretty good about my second round. I debated DJ Chark for a bit, but I'm not confident in Bortles enough to make him super productive. I do have Allen Robinson so maybe doubling up on bears wasn't the best idea?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

E: I feel pretty good about my second round. I debated DJ Chark for a bit, but I'm not confident in Bortles enough to make him super productive. I do have Allen Robinson so maybe doubling up on bears wasn't the best idea?

Actually in dynasty, I think it's a more viable strategy. I consider it a hedge.

All three of those are guys I'd be excited to have in the second round. It's a shame you weren't able to grab a running back though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

Actually in dynasty, I think it's a more viable strategy. I consider it a hedge.

All three of those are guys I'd be excited to have in the second round. It's a shame you weren't able to grab a running back though.

It's cool, he already got Fournette in exchange for a peanut. heh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

It's cool, he already got Fournette in exchange for a peanut. heh

Haha yeah that's how I'm seeing it. I got to draft fournette in the first instead of chubb.

E: the colts rookie, nynhiem? And the dolphins ballage were available but I didn't really feel that strong about them.

Hopefully fournette and hunt treat me right.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of Miller because I don't think we know enough about that offense to know how much volume the WR2 (his upside -- Arob got paid) is going to get. We also frankly don't know if Trubisky is all that good.

Chark has many of the same question marks. The WR room is uncertain, Bortles isn't great. However, Chark is more guaranteed snaps in my mind -- he brings something unique to the offense (speed), and was drafted in part because he's a good run blocker. Snaps means opportunity.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's fair, I didn't realize Chark was a good run blocker as well. I figured he'd be further down the depth chart than Miller will be.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of Miller because I don't think we know enough about that offense to know how much volume the WR2 (his upside -- Arob got paid) is going to get. We also frankly don't know if Trubisky is all that good.

Chark has many of the same question marks. The WR room is uncertain, Bortles isn't great. However, Chark is more guaranteed snaps in my mind -- he brings something unique to the offense (speed), and was drafted in part because he's a good run blocker. Snaps means opportunity.

I think the only competition Miller has is Kevin White this year. And like I said before, I favor college production a lot and there is no denying Miller produced. He's really athletic and angry. I just like the guy.

Also, since this is dynasty, it's not that big an issue if he doesn't produce this year, but I still think he had the clearer path. He just has to beat out White. Unless osteoporosis is contagious, dude has a clear path to a starting role.

Chark is good and I definitely have him on the same tier as Miller, but he's got more competition to see the field. Last year, Jacksonville got two rookies and Marqise Lee is still there.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

I think the only competition Miller has is Kevin White this year. And like I said before, I favor college production a lot and there is no denying Miller produced. He's really athletic and angry. I just like the guy.

Also, since this is dynasty, it's not that big an issue if he doesn't produce this year, but I still think he had the clearer path. He just has to beat out White. Unless osteoporosis is contagious, dude has a clear path to a starting role.

Chark is good and I definitely have him on the same tier as Miller, but he's got more competition to see the field. Last year, Jacksonville got two rookies and Marqise Lee is still there.

In terms of seeing the field for volume, you're (maybe) right. Miller is going to see the field since White is going to get injured again, but his ceiling is capped, because he's behind A-rob. And we're not sure yet what kind of volume Burton will see, or Cohen out of the backfield.

However, Chark is definitely going to see the field. The Jags clearly don't have faith in cole/dede, given that they brought in a WR and then drafted another in the 2nd. And again, Chark was drafted explicitly because he brings two things that none of them do -- that's a sign to me that he's getting time. In order for Chark to open up space for the run game as a receiver, he needs to get volume and be on the field. In order to use his ability as a run blocker, he again needs to be on the field. It's clear to me how he fits into the OC's vision of the run-first offense -- he's a player that demands attention by virtue of being on the field, which means you need to use him, and adds value to that run game directly through his ability as a blocking WR.

I do have them more or less in the same tier, but I feel like Chark is being underrated because of the crowded Jags room of 'meh' WRs. The top WR there -- Lee -- I'd expect to see about 100 targets vs 150+ish for Arob. Essentially, I think Chark has better opportunity by virtue of not competing with a big name for WR1 level volume.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 10, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was kinda hoping Chark might fall to the third by virture of MFL's adp ranking being so horrible and most my league just going off those. But the savvy owner just after me took Chark just now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

Sataere posted:

I think the only competition Miller has is Kevin White this year.

Sataere posted:

competition Miller has is Kevin White.

Sataere posted:

Kevin White.

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

In terms of seeing the field for volume, you're (maybe) right. Miller is going to see the field since White is going to get injured again, but his ceiling is capped, because he's behind A-rob. And we're not sure yet what kind of volume Burton will see, or Cohen out of the backfield.

However, Chark is definitely going to see the field. The Jags clearly don't have faith in cole/dede, given that they brought in a WR and then drafted another in the 2nd. And again, Chark was drafted explicitly because he brings two things that none of them do -- that's a sign to me that he's getting time. In order for Chark to open up space for the run game as a receiver, he needs to get volume and be on the field. In order to use his ability as a run blocker, he again needs to be on the field. It's clear to me how he fits into the OC's vision of the run-first offense -- he's a player that demands attention by virtue of being on the field, which means you need to use him, and adds value to that run game directly through his ability as a blocking WR.

I do have them more or less in the same tier, but I feel like Chark is being underrated because of the crowded Jags room of 'meh' WRs. The top WR there -- Lee -- I'd expect to see about 100 targets vs 150+ish for Arob. Essentially, I think Chark has better opportunity by virtue of not competing with a big name for WR1 level volume.

I think it depends on how you interpret drafting Chark in the second round. I don't think it necessarily means they lack faith in Dede/Cole, so much as they just lost A-Rob and Allen Hurns. I think it's much more likely they are just adding necessary depth and they really liked the value Chark provided at his draft slot.

I also doubt they are really down on Cole/Dede. They rode both of them to the AFC championship game in their rookie years. Both definitely showed flashes.

I agree with your concerns about Miller. There are a lot of mouths to feed. But I think you are underselling the issues Chark brings. His college production is very limited, so there are real questions about how he'll perform in the NFL.

I know LSU was a mess in the passing game, but that doesn't mean he can actually do the little things that make a receiver succeed. The guy has six receiving touchdowns in two years. How does a guy that big, fast and strong only get three touchdowns a year? If you took one of Anthony Miller's last two seasons, it's better than both of Chark's last two seasons combined.

But there is no denying Chark's athleticism. If he hits, he should be a home run for Jacksonville. To me, the difference is that Miller has a very high floor and ceiling, whereas Chark had a very low floor with a much higher ceiling than Miller.

FAKE EDIT:

Spoeank posted:

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I addressed this!

Sataere posted:

Unless osteoporosis is contagious, dude has a clear path to a starting role.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I don't know if this offseason is especially triggering for me so far or if I'm just paying more attention.

Chris "gonna find truth nothing but truth and nothing but objective truth will be tolerated" Harris said Kamara isn't going to become a 25-30 touch per game player and that level of volume has happened over an entire season TWO TIMES since 2009. Like, no poo poo. Next you're going to tell me that Aaron Rodgers isn't going to average 75 pass attempts a game.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Don't expect this guy to get 400 touches. That's solid advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Everyone of those fuckers who brings this up conveniently forget to mention the passing game. Why don't they mention Ingram's 58 targets in the passing game last year? If Kamara just gets five more opportunities a game because of this, it's a pretty significant boost.

60 targets and 220 carries would be a huge bump on his numbers from last year. And it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Because that's what Ingram did.

They are ignoring the role reversal that could happen, with Kamara taking Ingram's volume from last year and Ingram taking Kamara's.

Ben Nevis posted:

Don't expect any guy to get 400 touches. That's solid advice.

Fixed that for you.