Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Ugato posted:

Of note: 7* dfina is also good for TTerra alpha striking because she can turn 1 120% dark imperil. (7* TTerra can do dark or fire damage chaos waves)

Holy gently caress, thanks for this timely information. I feel pretty good about pulling my second dfina today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I’m so glad I don’t feel like I need to keep up with this Bahamut banner to keep rank.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Oh boy, can’t wait for the crushing disappointment of dropping 100+ tickets and a good chunk of lapis and not have a Sephiroth to show for it. I wish you could roll multiple tickets at once - that’d be a nice QOL change.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Voodoo posted:

Oh boy, can’t wait for the crushing disappointment of dropping 100+ tickets and a good chunk of lapis and not have a Sephiroth to show for it. I wish you could roll multiple tickets at once - that’d be a nice QOL change.

I dunno, I'd kind of rather single pull. It takes more time but you don't waste any pulls. Though there is some joy seeing a double rainbow come up on batch pulls.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to not draw Sephiroth too!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My last ticket from todays login bonus spat out Dragonlord. The gacha can be pretty perverse at times.

I got maxxed out but is it worth putting up as my friend unit for the remainder of the event or leave Fryvia?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The game has been giving me a giant middle finger about getting two of the Never Going To Be Available Again units of Dragon Lord and Liquid Metal Slime.

Like, if they were permanent additions to the pool, I wouldn't care, but they're not, so I'm frustrated.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

The game has been giving me a giant middle finger about getting two of the Never Going To Be Available Again units of Dragon Lord and Liquid Metal Slime.

Like, if they were permanent additions to the pool, I wouldn't care, but they're not, so I'm frustrated.

Still waiting on that Orochi, myself. Three and a half more chances (the two tickets tomorrow, the daily half price pull, and the free pull from the general pool) and I'll be damned if I spend money or Lapis on that guy when I can fail to get Sephiroth the on Friday.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Kheldarn posted:

If it makes you feel any better, you only need 1 LMS.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some are blowing tickets trying to get three or four in order to level 7* units...

:psyduck:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Some are blowing tickets trying to get three or four in order to level 7* units...

It's pretty dumb. Each one gives 3 million exp and it takes 45 million to go from 100-120. That said, that having LMS give a ton of exp when fused is a really thematic thing to do.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Well uh, huh. I decided to rage pull my few tickets from the banner just because I wanted the unique guys because reasons.

On one hand, I am very sad because on 6 tickets I got denied Dragonlord twice. On the other hand, now I have the makings of a 7* Rem and a Fryevia BIS TM cat lady. :toot: I guess?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

WebDO posted:

Well uh, huh. I decided to rage pull my few tickets from the banner just because I wanted the unique guys because reasons.

On one hand, I am very sad because on 6 tickets I got denied Dragonlord twice. On the other hand, now I have the makings of a 7* Rem and a Fryevia BIS TM cat lady. :toot: I guess?

If you mean a 7* Kunshira, she is actually a really good 7*. Kinda so-so at 6*, though. TM is still awesome for the cat and for Fryevia.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ugato posted:

If you mean a 7* Kunshira, she is actually a really good 7*. Kinda so-so at 6*, though. TM is still awesome for the cat and for Fryevia.

Just 6* for the furry, I presume 7* Rem is hot garbage because I still don't know how to use 6*

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

WebDO posted:

Just 6* for the furry, I presume 7* Rem is hot garbage because I still don't know how to use 6*

Rem 7* is awesome. She becomes even better at her role as a red mage, becoming an excellent healer and also gaining some magical chaining spells.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
Also one nice thing all of the 7* Type-0 units have is a move that kills the user and gives you a full esper gauge which is great for all those summon esper and kill with esper missions.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone at global really likes Rem so who knows she might be buffed again once 7* hit.

Dagger Boom is sort of ripe for unit TMR enhancements

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
drat I still need to farm up Trance Terra, Lightning, and Rem's TMRs. I intend to take those three to 7*.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

We're going to get the 2nd DQ collab with Estark when DQXI actually comes out, you'll be able to pull for these units again then.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8i94i0/fyi_ios_spark_chaining_using_notification_center/

I’ll test this when maintenance is over, but this is a game changer for iPhone / iPad users. Easy and on-demand perfect chaining. It’s different from the swipe up method using the quick menu. For this, you swipe down the notification screen and lift your fingers. Then swipe up to close it but stop halfway. With one finger holding the menu halfway you use another finger to enter your attack taps in any order and at any speed. Then release the menu and it perfect chains.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8i94i0/fyi_ios_spark_chaining_using_notification_center/

I’ll test this when maintenance is over, but this is a game changer for iPhone / iPad users. Easy and on-demand perfect chaining. It’s different from the swipe up method using the quick menu. For this, you swipe down the notification screen and lift your fingers. Then swipe up to close it but stop halfway. With one finger holding the menu halfway you use another finger to enter your attack taps in any order and at any speed. Then release the menu and it perfect chains.

This would be great if it works. I normally do harder trials in Nox so I can let the macro chain for me. Still need to time the finishing move but this is still quite nice.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
It does work, I've been doing it for a few weeks now. Perfect chains every time made me able to beat some trials I had been having trouble with.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The control center method gives you a pretty generous window. I feel like using the Notification Center method of holding one finger there while
I tap is just going to be more awkward. But, like I’ve said before, maybe the window you have on the control center trick shrinks the newer (faster) your phone is. If that’s the case (or you just want to be more deliberate) then this is a cool new thing. His phone appears to be about as old as mine, so I’m not sure what to make of it. It has a lot smaller screen so maybe it’s more annoying to chain on smaller phones.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I can chain pretty decently with just pressing normally...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Chaining normally is fine for stuff like DR chains but I know some others, like pod chains, are a huge PITA to do properly because of movement and having a much smaller window to ensure the chain doesn't break.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god perfect spark chaining is piss easy on iPhones now. Let me walk you guys through it. I’m using a single non elemental weapon on each Tidus just to illustrate.

Select quick hit for both:

Pull down the notifications menu from the top all the way and release your finger. Use a thumb to start to pull the notification window halfway and then hold that thumb. While continuing to hold the menu in place, use your other thumb to press each Tidus to do the attack. Can be as slow as you want, doesn’t matter, that’s the beauty of this! Once that’s done, go ahead and release the notification menu so it slides back up.

And if you did it right (and it’s easy peasy), sit back and watch the fireworks...

:getin:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Chaining instructions.

Thanks for explaining it in very easy terms.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I’m physically incapable of full-chaining OKs or TTerras. Their chains are so long they have essentially a 2-3 frame delay or the chain breaks in the middle. HE frames are a lot more generous in terms of getting the full 28 hits. When chaining OKs, though, either I am too slow and i get 2 10-15 hit chains or I’m too fast and the phone registers it as a single press or swipe.

Guaranteed spark chaining is a big damage increase. And the difference is night and day for something like OK where either 20% of his damage is at the chain cap or 80+% of it is.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Were the upcoming enhancements data mined from the update? I'm very curious to see what Reberta's are.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat I was hopeful with this new method, but for some reason it looks like chaining A2s OHC is still impossible on iOS.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Voodoo posted:

drat I was hopeful with this new method, but for some reason it looks like chaining A2s OHC is still impossible on iOS.

Are you using one of the later phones? Reddit was saying to check you have 3D Touch enabled.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

While it's hilarious overkill, this method does make it easy to ensure I could perfectly chain spark Cid+Fryevia+VoD and a buddy Fryevia if need be. :v:

e: It seems that the order you tap won't necessarily be the order your units act in, so if I tap Fry then Cid, Cid still fires off DR first sometimes, meaning no -75% ice imperil for his first DR...

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Cartoon Man posted:

Are you using one of the later phones? Reddit was saying to check you have 3D Touch enabled.
6S and 3D Touch is on. The method definitively works with other chainers, I just think that A2’s frames are just too wonky (for this method).

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The android chaining trick sucks because leaving magnification on is a pain in the rear end when your doing anything beside chaining

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know it was possible to get 3 bonus waves. I feel ripped off that one wave only had 2 slimes instead of 3.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m torn on what to do tomorrow. I’m leaning toward doing two steps just to get a guaranteed Shylt and whatever else the 21 pulls gives me for bonus units*. But reading one of the reddit evaluations of the banner and event, someone brought up the good point of waiting to see what the next two banners are before going through a full lap of the banner. I’d wait at least until next Wednesday for confirmation of what our next banner will be. It could be anything, honestly.

Possibilities are mostly bad with the best option being cg Lid. Unless they want to jump to something else way out of order. I guess they may also do some banner for the EX mage unit similar to Loren’s release.

On the flip side, I don’t really see myself enhancing anything other than Dark Veritas in prep for his 7* for quite a while. So I should be able to get by with my usual 15 tickets fishing for bonus units, grabbing all the MK basics (even the gear from this one is pretty lackluster) and save my lapis for Reagan.

Basically unless you’re desperate for Sephiroth or really need to farm the poo poo out of this MK event for crysts or something, give it 5 days and see what’s coming up. Sephy is outclassed right now, Lila is still strong but we have the advantage of knowing she’s kind of a flash in the pan and Shylt’s TMR is nerfed so you only want 2 or 3 of him basically ever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Were the upcoming enhancements data mined from the update? I'm very curious to see what Reberta's are.

It doesn't look like they're coming this week.

I'm curious about Reberta and Zyrus also.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised of the JP EX mage gets added to Lid's banner. Garbranth is also MIA unless there's another FF12 banner coming up they might shove him into a single rainbow banner like Lid or Nichol too. The FF4 banner with Kid Rydia, 5* Kain, Yang, and Edward shouldn't be next as it was a KM event. I think they also mentioned a returning collab which might be SoM v2 with the FFA/SD1 Hero as a character and SD3 (lol real doubtful of that).

I'd bet Lid->FF4 or SoMv2 myself.

e: leaning more towards SoMv2 since if it was FF4 it could be Dragon Warrior KM -> FF7v2 King Mog -> FF4 King Mog all back to back.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 10, 2018

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im gonna pull tomorrow because I dont have dupes of any good chainers and these tickets are starting to burn a hole in my pocket. Probably get something decent with rando rainbows at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I'm not getting Orochi this time around.

That's fine, disappointments like that wean one from completionism. You should see my Achievements list, the point where I stopped caring about getting them all was somewhere around Dark Souls (all of them, really, though I love those games and have gotten all the endings for all three games) and Gears of War's "...Seriously?"

• Locked thread