Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

KingSlime posted:

You sound poor.

He only posted his venmo address after another goon asked about it fyi, leave it up to the whiny bitches in this thread to poo poo on a nice gesture!

I've been hooked up with free game keys etc before by other goons, it's nbd

Haha, yikes

What kind of person starts off a post with "you sound poor" and thinks "yah I'm the good guy here"

Zelder fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

pwn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAj18deJf98

where’s the rooftop party, nintendo

This is super unrealistic. They don't show how someone would run up and grab their switch because they are showing off their opulent American riches in a poor Caribbean island. That second family would get an hour into that robot build, realize all they have is the visor and part of the backpack and quit. No way is it still daytime when they have finished building two robots. That fourth family is insane to just place their switch up on a shelf in an RV. That poo poo would get rattled down onto the ground before they even got on the highway.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

The Lobster posted:

Now, I'm not defending him or anything, but I didn't see him begging for money. I saw him post how much he had saved toward his Switch (as he has several times in the past), I saw someone offer to give him some money, I saw him ironically post "give me your pennies and dimes" which is obviously joking (imo, take it as you will), and I saw him edit his post to remove the email after he got more than he expected. That doesn't, overall, look like the actions of someone begging for money.

But it's up to the mods I guess.

Yep, I didn't think he was begging at all, just sharing his enthusiasm at soon getting to own God's Chosen Handheld. But babbys gonna babby

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Cojawfee posted:

This is super unrealistic. They don't show how someone would run up and grab their switch because they are showing off their opulent American riches in a poor Caribbean island. That second family would get an hour into that robot build, realize all they have is the visor and part of the backpack and quit. No way is it still daytime when they have finished building two robots. That fourth family is insane to just place their switch up on a shelf in an RV. That poo poo would get rattled down onto the ground before they even got on the highway.

This might honestly be my favourite post in this thread.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If I could do it over again I'd just have PMed the guy who was offering what I believed to be a literal ten cents. I apologize for having derailed the thread with perceived begging.

I remain pretty excited to get a Switch and re-immerse myself in Nintendo after all these years in a way that doesn't monopolize the TV after the kids go to sleep.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TheScott2K posted:

If I could do it over again I'd just have PMed the guy who was offering what I believed to be a literal ten cents. I apologize for having derailed the thread with perceived begging.

It's fine, it's really not your fault. This thread gets derailed pretty easily. Watch this: BotW was not that good!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
*sits in chair backwards, turns cap around*

Super Mario Odyssey is really boring after you beat Bowser.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

*sits in chair backwards, turns cap around*

Super Mario Odyssey is really boring after you beat Bowser.

SMO definitely blows its load a bit early

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
smash should have loot crates and every amiibo pirate, including me, should go to jail

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Has Been Heroes is too easy.

(Any takers? No?)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

Has Been Heroes is too easy.

(Any takers? No?)

I don't think it's nearly as difficult as people claimed it was but it's definitely pretty unwieldy at the beginning. Once you get the rhythm down its not too bad

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

can i have a dollar

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait E3's around the corner and Nintendo let two significant franchise releases happen on Twitter? They must have a hell of a direct planned...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

can i have a dollar

When I was a preteen, my catchphrase was "gimme a dollar." Your phrase is too similar to mine, so I am suing you for a dollar.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cojawfee posted:

When I was a preteen, my catchphrase was "gimme a dollar." Your phrase is too similar to mine, so I am suing you for a dollar.

poo poo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

mine was "Hey, paisanos!"

that's right I spent my preteen years as captain lou albano, AMA

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I will attempt gym

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Uhh. NINTENDO! *Click*

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

I remain pretty excited to get a Switch and re-immerse myself in Nintendo after all these years in a way that doesn't monopolize the TV after the kids go to sleep.

nah the derail was my fault haha, I was joking but now that people are mad about it I might send a dime anyway :twisted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lelandjs posted:

Wait E3's around the corner and Nintendo let two significant franchise releases happen on Twitter? They must have a hell of a direct planned...

I want to say yes but Nintendo also loves to just hold the cards close to their chests sometimes until a thing is 3 months out. MHXX is kind of a huge get for them, especially after staying completely mum on the possibility of getting it for NA/EU, so who knows maybe we could get Phantasy Star after all

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

lelandjs posted:

These days I feel like Twitter announcements are more effective than traditional presentations

It gets people riled up and bothered, and discussion spreads like wildfire long before the actual event, adding more fuel to the hype

Maybe the big "gotcha" moments aren't so useful in this mildly terrifying digital era where viral content is king

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you announce something at E3, it gets lost in the sea of everything else. You listen to your podcast and they say "Sony said this, Ubisoft said this, Bethesda said this, Nintendo said this." But if you randomly announce something on Twitter at a random time, people go nuts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

If you announce something at E3, it gets lost in the sea of everything else. You listen to your podcast and they say "Sony said this, Ubisoft said this, Bethesda said this, Nintendo said this." But if you randomly announce something on Twitter at a random time, people go nuts.

Yeah the next 3 weeks will have a ton of announcements deemed too low profile to compete at e3

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I really don't understand the point of flashy E3 announcements for big publishers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I want to say yes but Nintendo also loves to just hold the cards close to their chests sometimes until a thing is 3 months out. MHXX is kind of a huge get for them, especially after staying completely mum on the possibility of getting it for NA/EU, so who knows maybe we could get Phantasy Star after all

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SettingSun posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress yes! Even after World this is still awesome for me.

That's where my head's at, too. At first, I was rolling my eyes a bit, thinking "why would I want to go back to 2016(?) Monster Hunter after World?" but then I remembered hunter arts (Bushido!!!!)... different locations... a proper multiplayer hub... portable Monster Hunter on a handheld with a great-looking big screen, dual analog sticks, and actual ergonomics... like 50 or 60 more monsters... I'm totally on board. I just hope they shoehorn in at least some of the QoL improvements made in World.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

I really don't understand the point of flashy E3 announcements for big publishers.

Mainstream press attention

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

https://twitter.com/Satomi_Famicom/status/994611601801142273

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
15 new themed picross games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One of those better be a 3D World port.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I wouldn't even mind

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

this, but unironically

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Probably just me but is anybody else bothered that all switch game cases look more or less the same? I like keeping my game cases and I think it's kind of lame they all have the same red spine with the same text.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

TheScott2K posted:

Also to appease shareholders

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

They finally learned to mask their titles, jesus

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

my man.

15 new SKUs is pretty cool. Is Smash already in the systems? Gonna say one of the new ones will be Fire Emblem since its been mentioned a handful of times for 2018. We already know about Bayo3/Metroid4/Travis Strikes Again but they're all a ways off.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Not a Children posted:

They finally learned to mask their titles, jesus

As a former gamestop employee, you used to be able to look up that sku on the web-in-store page and it would pull up the name of the game but I think they fixed that too since I left.

quote="DLC Inc" post="483967451"]
my man.

15 new SKUs is pretty cool. Is Smash already in the systems? Gonna say one of the new ones will be Fire Emblem since its been mentioned a handful of times for 2018. We already know about Bayo3/Metroid4/Travis Strikes Again but they're all a ways off.
[/quote]

Smash has been in the system since it got announced, as has No More Heroes. I think Prime 4 has been too but I'm not sure.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah

God that game is good, I don't give a poo poo I'll buy it again. I'm a loose cannon

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Over There posted:

Also to appease shareholders

Ahhhhhhh yea that checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Is there an updated OP list of games worth getting for this? last one I got was like, Mario vs Rabids or something?

• Locked thread