Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you zoom in on the label of the record on this image...

... I think the lengths of the 3 tracks on side B are 6'xx, 8'xx, and 7'xx respectively.

(Could also be something like 4'xx, 6'xx, 3'xx. But the long track theory seems sound enough given what we know.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Obsurveyor posted:

I guess he's going all in on vinyl too, no pre-orders for digital only. I like to buy even digital stuff direct, more money to the artist but I guess I'll give Apple or Google their 30% cut if he's not interested in that.
Oh Trent you nerd. The last two EPs got released on CD at least (though not offered on the NIN web store), so I'll probably go that route. I'd still rather get CD-quality ALAC than buy from iTunes because :spergin:.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
What a weird title. It reminds me of how everybody freaked out about how dumb With Teeth sounded.

Artwork is going for that lovely copy machine low on toner aesthetic. Anyway, I hope these songs are all really epic and long since calling a 6 track release an album is not the norm.

I'm slightly peeved that he's still talking about vinyl like it's some holy experience to touch and smell and read the booklet when the Deviations release was done with little to no effort to make the vinyl release special.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 10, 2018

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

What a weird title. It reminds me of how everybody freaked out about how dumb With Teeth sounded.

Artwork is going for that lovely copy machine low on toner aesthetic. Anyway, I hope these songs are all really epic and long since calling a 6 track release an album is not the norm.

I'm slightly peeved that he's still talking about vinyl like it's some holy experience to touch and smell and read the booklet when the Deviations release was done with little to no effort to make the vinyl release special.

The Deviations vinyl was the most disappointed I've been with anything NIN has done. Way too much money for nothing. That being said, I do want that messenger bag. I'll probably wind up giving Trent way too much money again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

polyester concept posted:

Nobody actually checked your ID

they definitely did in new jersey

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the album should have been titled "bAd witch" since the capital a looks like a witch's hat also man these are some really rough track names.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
album cover sucks but yay new music!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the album should have been titled "bAd witch" since the capital a looks like a witch's hat also man these are some really rough track names.
Yeah, at least he's moved away from the one word song titles.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

still waiting for "ADD VIOLINS" the companion orchestral remix ep

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
After a whole bunch of stuff reaching back to Year Zero and things being a simulation, I enjoy "Real World Presales" on a thematic level even if it means I likely won't get tickets to any of the shows.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net
According to nin.com its called Bad Gateway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not sure how i feel about trent becoming more and more WHAT IF REAL WORLD, BUT LESS PHONES of a person. did that sweet apple money just stop rolling in? is he still bitter over the NIN app being declined from the app store?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im not sure how i feel about trent becoming more and more WHAT IF REAL WORLD, BUT LESS PHONES of a person.
Make u think innit

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
I'm sure there'll be a digital version available once it's released. I'm excited. I think the last 2 EPs are some of his strongest/most inspired work in a while, maybe since Year Zero. If a 6 song album means we're getting more long form songs, I'm definitely keen to hear that.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Okay gently caress you Ron

This is loving lame on like every level

I agree. I live about two hours away from the Fox Theatre in ATL. I'll make that drive to see NIN live, but just to get the tickets in advance? That's some bullshit.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh neat, I have to drive 2 hours to San Fran on a Saturday morning, right when my kids have all their sports, stand in line for X hours, then drive a couple hours back home, for the opportunity to pay $80 + unknown "convenience" fees per ticket. Real convenient.

That's idiotic. Guess I won't be going. Bummer.

e: New album though, yay.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New album, hell yeah :swoon:

And I would be stoked as gently caress that they're playing here (2 shows here, even!), but not being able to get tickets online kinda kills it for me. Like MAYBE I'd still be able to do it, but shows at the theater they're playing at are never less than $50 and I'd have to wait in a physical line and...yeah, I dunno. We'll see.

e: Oh, I just saw this:

If that's the case and it doesn't sell out in presale, then I'll definitely try to get a ticket.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 10, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Extremely brief clip of a new song here

https://www.facebook.com/91xsandiego/videos/10155632363027894/

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah, I would've made the trek to another city and made a mini-vacation out of it, but seeing as I can't get tickets remotely, gently caress it.

I'm happy about a new album, but I can't help but feeling cynical about NIN over the last few years.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well I certainly like the direction that this 10 second long clip teases!

e:

Sir Lemming posted:

01. poo poo MIRROR
02. AHEAD OF OURSELVES
03. PLAY THE GODDAMNED PART
04. GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR
05. I'M NOT FROM THIS WORLD
06. OVER AND OUT
Ahahahahahaha, these track titles are garbage. I can't wait to unironically ask a friend "Yo did you hear that new Nine Inch Nails song poo poo Mirror?!"

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 10, 2018

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

kidna surprised to see people so upset over getting a fair shot at tickets

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

kidna surprised to see people so upset over getting a fair shot at tickets
Yeah, really psyched for my fair shake at having to take the morning off of work on a weekday to drive an hour and pay to park to sit in line to buy my ticket.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
saturday is my favorite week day

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's fair if you live close, don't work when they're on sale and have no other obligations and aren't disabled

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they are also going to be online ticket sales at a later date and honestly anything that tries to gently caress over ticketmaster is a-ok in my book

i just wish he was closer to pittsburgh, though I might be down for driving to DC

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sleepwalkers posted:

Yeah, really psyched for my fair shake at having to take the morning off of work on a weekday to drive an hour and pay to park to sit in line to buy my ticket.
For real. I'd have to pay to take an Uber down to the theater or pay to park near the theater and then wait in line and hope the presale doesn't sell out of $75 tickets (and those are probably the cheap nosebleed seats). Then I'd have to do almost the exact same thing the night of the show, minus the buying a ticket part. Altogether it'd wind up being an $150 affair for just me, and that's at the very minimum.

I'd be much more excited to see NIN if the leadup to it wasn't a total bitch and if this wasn't gonna be twice as expensive for me as any other concert I've gone to.

If I was swimming in cash, I probably wouldn't care as much, but I'm really not, sooooooo...

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Sai-kun posted:

saturday is my favorite week day
Ah, sorry, didn't realize Monday and Tuesday were Saturday now.

e: That's just a lovely joke, I'm not trying to be snide.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 10, 2018

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

Ah, sorry, didn't realize Monday and Tuesday were Saturday now.

e: That's just a lovely joke, I'm not trying to be snide.

It's possible you're confused? The physical ticket presale is the 19th, which is a Saturday. Or the 20th for Red Rocks, which is a Sunday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im surprised you guys aren't more annoyed with the cost of tickets, the last two tours they've been charging festival prices for regular shows

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im surprised you guys aren't more annoyed with the cost of tickets, the last two tours they've been charging festival prices for regular shows
Just looked up pricing on the website of the theater they're playing here:

And that's before fees!

:laffo: Yeah, it's looking more and more like I won't be going to this one. Sorry, Trent.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

quote:

Before and on the day your tickets go on sale (check the source link for more details) the tickets won't be sold online. Everything will be first come, first served -- hopefully handled by a lottery system -- and you won't be allowed to line up before 8AM the day of in most cases.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
"
COLD AND BLACK AND INFINITE – NORTH AMERICA 2018
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
TICKETS FOR COLD AND BLACK AND INFINITE NORTH AMERICA 2018 WILL GO ON SALE MAY 19 EXCLUSIVELY AT THE PHYSICAL WORLD PRESALE
*DENVER MAY 20

WHAT? WHY? PHYSICAL WORLD PRESALE?
THE PROMISE OF A WORLD MADE BETTER BY COMPUTERS AND ONLINE CONNECTIVITY HAS FAILED US IN MANY WAYS, PARTICULARLY WHEN IT COMES TO TICKETING. EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PROCESS SUCKS AND EVERYONE LOSES EXCEPT THE RESELLER. WE’VE DECIDED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT WILL ALSO LIKELY SUCK, BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY. WE’RE HOPING MANY OF YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS, WHILE SOME MAY DO WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO AND BITCH ABOUT IT.

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
YOU (AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEING) SHOW UP AT THE BOX OFFICE, INTERACT WITH THE TICKET SELLER (ANOTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEING) AND PURCHASE UP TO FOUR TICKETS THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE HANDED TO YOU ON THE SPOT. THE TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ONLINE OR ANYWHERE ELSE BEFORE OR DURING THAT DAY. ALL SEATS (INCLUDING THE BEST SEATS) WILL BE AVAILABLE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. YOU MAY ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER OTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS LIKELY WEARING BLACK CLOTHING DURING THE PROCESS AND POTENTIALLY INTERACT WITH THEM. THE EXPERIENCE HAS THE POTENTIAL* TO BE ENJOYABLE. NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**"

Whoever wrote this (and it might be Trent himself) sounds like a loving insufferable rear end in a top hat. It's right up there with coffeeshops that state "We don't have WiFi, we have HUMAN CONTACT."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Me seeing them on this tour is Not The Actual Events

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Caseman posted:

It's possible you're confused? The physical ticket presale is the 19th, which is a Saturday. Or the 20th for Red Rocks, which is a Sunday.

I am! Ain't that egg on my face!
I wasn't able to read the actual announcement and a friend relayed the info to me, so they must've misread what I'm assuming are show dates for preorder dates.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Me seeing them on this tour is Not The Actual Events

I got a ticket to see them in Amsterdam in June, and I'm happy to do so. Having said that, last time I saw them here (with some lovely electronic gothy band opening for them) it was not very satisfied with the show overall.

I'm thankful that my first experience with NiN was seeing them at a tiny show in London in 2013 (https://londonist.com/2013/08/gig-alert-nine-inch-nails-scala) since that was an incredible show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the irony is i bet you anything he got his kids tablets.

the ticket prices are really absurd, they're not even justifying the cost of a crazy set, like we had during LITS/some parts of Hesitation Marks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Non Serviam posted:

I got a ticket to see them in Amsterdam in June, and I'm happy to do so. Having said that, last time I saw them here (with some lovely electronic gothy band opening for them) it was not very satisfied with the show overall.

I'm thankful that my first experience with NiN was seeing them at a tiny show in London in 2013 (https://londonist.com/2013/08/gig-alert-nine-inch-nails-scala) since that was an incredible show
I've jumped at every chance I've had to see NIN over the past decade, and I've been lucky enough to see them 4 times. This chance just seems less and less appealing the more I learn about it.

Having Jesus and Mary Chain as their opener would've loving thrilled me a few years ago, but I saw J&MC at a festival a couple years ago and they were alright (not mindblowing) and I didn't really dig their new album that much, so now I'm not even excited about that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh yeah, lining up at 6 in the morning on a Saturday to buy overpriced concert tickets sounds like a blast :roflolmao:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've jumped at every chance I've had to see NIN over the past decade, and I've been lucky enough to see them 4 times. This chance just seems less and less appealing the more I learn about it.
My confusion regarding presale aside, I'm largely in the same boat.
If you're someone who works weekends, if you're someone who needs more than a week and a half notice to drop that money, if you're someone who has a disability that limits your ability to get around or stand/wait for long periods of time, if you're someone who lives far away from the box office... sorry, I guess? Hope there are still some affordable (lol) or ADA or existant tickets for you later?
I get the desire to remove scalpers from the equation (or, at least, make it harder), but it seems like this is also a deterrant for portions of actual fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the fact that it's a small show makes it less of a must go for me. I love NIN but when I see them live I like the whole insane amount of production he puts into them and while maybe it makes me seem less of a hardcore fan, the more intimate low key stuff is never as good for me. Though maybe it will be like HTDA where the small scale doesn't mean he isn't pulling out all the stops.

I honestly would still consider doing this but I work on Saturdays, it's the day I make the most money and get the most done, so I just can't afford to do this, plus the prospect of standing in a line for minimum 2 hours is just not something I think I really want to put up with.

I'll ask a friend if he wants to wait (he probably won't). Otherwise if anyone in this thread is gonna wait for Boston and isn't going to buy the max amount of tickets allowed, let me know.

Non Serviam posted:

Whoever wrote this (and it might be Trent himself) sounds like a loving insufferable rear end in a top hat. It's right up there with coffeeshops that state "We don't have WiFi, we have HUMAN CONTACT."

Yeah, I quoted that earlier and the smug shittiness of that is not helping. I hate the simultaneous acknowledgment that this sucks while also dismissing people that might have complaints as people that just always whine no matter what.