Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/559940/

Aspiring navelgazer pretends teaming up in solos is acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
oh so they fired kevin williamson but they'll let this poo poo stand? double standards...

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Kiranamos posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/559940/

Aspiring navelgazer pretends teaming up in solos is acceptable

I mean, it's definitely not the weirdest or nerdiest thing I've read in a while. It is an interesting look into communicating with someone else who can't hear or understand you and left to the confines of emotes or ceasefire. Teaming up in solo is acceptable until the team becomes null and someone has to win. Or maybe there are draws in solo? I've never thought of it or seen it so :shrug:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cage-free egghead posted:

Teaming up in solo is acceptable until the team becomes null and someone has to win.

Yeah.. it's not, though. At all.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

cage-free egghead posted:

I mean, it's definitely not the weirdest or nerdiest thing I've read in a while. It is an interesting look into communicating with someone else who can't hear or understand you and left to the confines of emotes or ceasefire. Teaming up in solo is acceptable until the team becomes null and someone has to win. Or maybe there are draws in solo? I've never thought of it or seen it so :shrug:

They temp ban anyone who’s reported for teaming. Don’t think they care about the beginning of the match people who emote to see who gets the weapons and the other runs away, but you can’t try to team with that person for any part of the match.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Hahaha. I wasn't there for this whole exchange, he was playing with another member when this went down.

He was asking us for our credit card number to get the battle pass...

Like dude we cool but not that cool.

I was going to ask why Epic hasn't added the ability to gift V-bucks, but then I remembered the emails I get every other day. I'm sure that's a can of worms they'd rather never open.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

wa27 posted:

I was going to ask why Epic hasn't added the ability to gift V-bucks, but then I remembered the emails I get every other day. I'm sure that's a can of worms they'd rather never open.

If someone's that persistent in trying to access your account you should turn on 2FA immediately.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

If someone's that persistent in trying to access your account you should turn on 2FA immediately.

What are people even trying to do by accessing Epic accounts? I assume its fortnite related, since it only started once Battle Royale got big. I guess they would take PC player accounts and rack up purchases, and then use or sell the accounts?

Anyway, I play on console and epic doesn't have any payment info, so I'm not too worried. As far as I know, unlocks are tied to PSN accounts; not epic accounts. I did change the password to a unique, stronger one though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hi Cody! Turn on two factor authentication immediately! Maybe visit https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and check if your non-unique not-strong password has been leaked via data breach in the past.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

wa27 posted:

What are people even trying to do by accessing Epic accounts? I assume its fortnite related, since it only started once Battle Royale got big. I guess they would take PC player accounts and rack up purchases, and then use or sell the accounts?

Anyway, I play on console and epic doesn't have any payment info, so I'm not too worried. As far as I know, unlocks are tied to PSN accounts; not epic accounts. I did change the password to a unique, stronger one though.

When you buy V-bucks it automatically stores your payment information with no option to not do that, unlike just about every other online store I've ever seen ever. So if you're too lazy to dig through Epic's site to delete it immediately, it'll be waiting there ready to be stolen/used at all times. It's honestly pretty loving absurd.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/item-perk-recombobulator

Oh poo poo son.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is good that we are getting this, but it seems to come pre-nerfed and will probably (no doubt) have horrible bugs. Anyway another cool thing to do in the game and grind is always good.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I am actually shocked, I would have bet my life that perk reconfiguration would consume weapons of the same tier to drive llama sales.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Hi Cody! Turn on two factor authentication immediately! Maybe visit https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and check if your non-unique not-strong password has been leaked via data breach in the past.

Yeah my email is on a million breach lists, which is why I made sure my Epic account was a unique password. There's nothing they can do in my account - my PSN isn't even linked to it (and purchases were made through Sony). I guess they can have my free copy of Shadow Complex that I made the account for.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

When you buy V-bucks it automatically stores your payment information with no option to not do that, unlike just about every other online store I've ever seen ever. So if you're too lazy to dig through Epic's site to delete it immediately, it'll be waiting there ready to be stolen/used at all times. It's honestly pretty loving absurd.

They're also the only game company I've seen that lets you buy items with a single click and no confirmation, which is awful.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

wa27 posted:

Yeah my email is on a million breach lists, which is why I made sure my Epic account was a unique password. There's nothing they can do in my account - my PSN isn't even linked to it (and purchases were made through Sony). I guess they can have my free copy of Shadow Complex that I made the account for.

If you ever get tired of it, making new email accounts is free.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Doesn't really seem like any of this is gonna fix Thanos mode tbh. Getting rid of chute camping and the lame storm deaths, and tweaking the Thanos dynamic will help up to a point, I guess.

quote:

Hello again,

Earlier today we pushed a fix live for the loot drops:

Fixed floor loot drops to correctly only spawn Rare, Epic and Legendary quality weapons within the Infinity Gauntlet LTM.

We’ve just pushed additional adjustments to Thanos and the Limited Time Mashup. Our goal is to allow more folks to truly experience the power of Thanos, while also making you feel powerful when wielding the gauntlet.

Thanos Changes

Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
Decreased health from 800 to 500.

General Mode Changes

Reduced height of the Bus when dropping
Bigger initial storm circle
Less storm damage early game (first 3 storms from 5%/5%/10% per tick to 1%/2.5%/5%)
Initial Gauntlet spawn time changed from bus ride plus 30-45s to bus ride plus 120-135s
Increased spawn rate of Med Kits, Chug Jugs and Big Shields.
Removed spawn of Bandages and Slurp Juice.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I thought the legendary truck llama was supposed to be the good one so I bought 2. Discord told me I'm a retard and I should have waited for the super people llama. Did I gently caress up?

I'm new, only lv19, so I'm not really sure what to do with all the schematics and stuff that I'm getting, but lots of orange items made me think I got good stuff.

I've only skimmed the thread, sorry if loot posts got old 30 pages ago.

E: I'm playing TEDD Shot Jess, Orange

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

I thought the legendary truck llama was supposed to be the good one so I bought 2. Discord told me I'm a retard and I should have waited for the super people llama. Did I gently caress up?

I'm new, only lv19, so I'm not really sure what to do with all the schematics and stuff that I'm getting, but lots of orange items made me think I got good stuff.

No you did the right thing, if you want to invest in llamas you do troll ones.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Richard M Nixon posted:

If you're happy with what you got then gently caress the discord honestly. Additionally as a new player really anything you get will be an upgrade. The super people llama is the best thing to go after when your account is more mature and you already have a set of weapons and characters you like to use, because the super people llama will guarantee some good survivors in it and those are the hardest things to fill out properly towards the end. I'm at the point with my account that I just don't bother buying stuff in STW as it's all marginal upgrades at best.

Definitely pay attention to the daily quests though as you can use the daily tokens to buy one legendary item from the event shop every week. The token items are towards the bottom of the selections on the right.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Make sure to favorite the schematics (and heroes/survivors/defenders) you like so that you don't accidentally recycle/retire or collection book them because those actions are permanent.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

Doesn't really seem like any of this is gonna fix Thanos mode tbh. Getting rid of chute camping and the lame storm deaths, and tweaking the Thanos dynamic will help up to a point, I guess.

Yeah most of those changes seem pretty lovely. Why would they increase the time of the Gauntlet spawning from the bus if they want more people to experience it...?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
More time for people to loot things that will let them survive a new one hit KO thanos

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I legitimately sniped someone today. Miracles do occur.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
why is this game so loving frustrating?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Withnail posted:

Because pump shotguns exist.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Richard M Nixon posted:

People on that Discord are retarded. Yes Super People is the best Llama at end game, but I wouldn't bother with them until you're like power level 60, or have at least 1 good weapon for every element.

Troll Loot Trucks are by far the best llama to buy for newer people, until you have a few solid weapons. That being said, it seems they're going to allow perk rerolls next week, so mediocre guns might be good enough already.

Ps. Terminator, Siegebreaker (scar in BR) and Nightlance (scoped AR in BR) are all solid AF weapons. Although I'm not actually sure which guns Tedd jess has perk support for.

Edit: and you basically got the same amount of survivors from these as you'd get from super people. Incredibly lucky so even if it was the "wrong" choice, you got away with it anyway. :v:

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 11, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Withnail posted:

BR: bloom and highpoly hitboxes, the pellets of your weapon are literally flying between their legs or arms and hitting nothing
STW: cooperation is not enforced

Another day, another Thanos nerf. Feels bad.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Lady Galaga posted:

More time for people to loot things that will let them survive a new one hit KO thanos

They quadruple the time before the Gauntlet drops, so you can survive an extra couple seconds against Thanos? Yeah... that's stupid.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kiranamos posted:

They're also the only game company I've seen that lets you buy items with a single click and no confirmation, which is awful.
Yeah. My nephew was just looking at an emote and accidentally bought it using v-bucks on my account. He was in tears and afraid to show me. I told him it’s ok and we’ll earn them back on the battle pass.

They really need a confirmation but I guess they don’t care once funds are switched to their currency.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Tei posted:

STW: cooperation is not enforced

Twice last night I did Destroy the Encampments with 3 other people, wound up doing 4 Encampments alone, and told them they had to do the fifth or we all fail. The only response I got was asking if I could give them a copy of my orange SCAR to do it with.

STW is pretty hosed right now in a community health way.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Shere posted:

Twice last night I did Destroy the Encampments with 3 other people, wound up doing 4 Encampments alone, and told them they had to do the fifth or we all fail. The only response I got was asking if I could give them a copy of my orange SCAR to do it with.

STW is pretty hosed right now in a community health way.

The worst about this is how it ruins the mood of the game. If the mood in a cooperative game is not positive, ... theres better things to do than playing it.

Thats why despite the huge advances in the last months, I would still not recommend Fortnite to anyone.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://gfycat.com/AmusedRectangularArcticseal

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nice

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Wow

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:worship:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

I guess I don't understand rocket riding because I have no idea why it didn't explode there!?

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Golashes posted:

I guess I don't understand rocket riding because I have no idea why it didn't explode there!?

It's possible to rocket ride enemy projectiles, though it's a lot more rare since they're usually trying to kill you with the rockets rather than coordinate the ride like with your teammates. I accidentally ran away from a fight once when I managed to hop onto an enemy's rocket while doing the usual close-range hopping and shotgunning; it carried me away because they were too dumb to just aim at the ground below me. My guess for the gif is that Thanos just happened to come down on top of the rocket but was still close enough to the one enemy for the smash attack splash damage to kill him.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

keyframe posted:

Because pump shotguns exist.

Yeah the shotgun is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Preem Palver posted:

It's possible to rocket ride enemy projectiles

There's a pretty epic clip of someone being downed and then as the enemy tries to thirst him with a rocket they end up accidentally rocket riding him all the way back to his teammate who happened to be on the other end of Anarchy/Fatal