Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Some people were talking earlier about Steven being poofed and what would happen. All I'm going to say is that I believe what happened to Vision in Infinity War is what would happen to Steven and leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Senerio posted:

White was cracked and that's what is gonna get the Diamonds on Stevens side because he will show Pinks healing tears and fix her.

I wonder if Steven could stretch out his torso and rotate his gem into Pink Diamond position, or if the way it's attached/Steven's different shapeshifting prevents that. Seems like that would be another way to prove things to the other Diamonds.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Massive internal bleeding, but saved by Connie’s mom

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I operate under the theory that Steven just runs on magic and his organs are nonexistent/vestigial.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

if steven ever realizes he isn't real he'll cease to exist

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm here for when Steven tries to explain the concept of gregnancy to Blue Diamond.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I always assumed that white diamond was a fusion of blue yellow and pink (white light contains all the other colors, right?) and thus hasn't been seen for 5000 years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We see her hand

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now I really want to see what a 'real' Rose Quartz gem 'body' looks like. Did PD just floof up the hair on a general type, or is her Rose Quartz imitation very different.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm here for when Steven tries to explain the concept of gregnancy to Blue Diamond.

Bluediamondgasp.gif for 20 minutes.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Gonna be pissed if the final episode doesn't include a side joke of Blue Diamond getting hit on by Greg.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

We see her hand

And what looks like a silhouette of her planetoid-sized form in the sky on Homeworld.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

And what looks like a silhouette of her planetoid-sized form in the sky on Homeworld.

I think that's supposed to be her ship/palace/a statue in her honor. So far everything seems to be implying she's only twice the size of Yellow and Blue, and 4x the size of Pink.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
White Diamond is the Gem universes Unicron.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm still holding out hope than when news of this magnitude hits Blue Diamond her only reaction will be to just snap and start laughing her rear end off, like she's in so much despair it's caused a buffer overflow error.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Man, I really just want at least one villain who Steven can't befriend

inb4 jasper

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm still holding out hope than when news of this magnitude hits Blue Diamond her only reaction will be to just snap and start laughing her rear end off, like she's in so much despair it's caused a buffer overflow error.

I'm very interested in seeing just what reaction Blue and Yellow Diamond have to finding out that not only was Rose Quartz actually Pink Diamond in disguise, but that by extension Steven is Pink Diamond. Pink is their beloved little sister and they almost destroyed Earth in grief at her apparent death, so you'd think they would be happy to hear she's alive, but she also was the cause of all of that in the first place so she bears a lot of the blame, but also she's still technically dead and Steven is a new being with none of her memories and thus doesn't really have the responsibility she held for loving things up.

It's a really complicated situation emotionally, and I can imagine that their first reaction to finding out might be to try and "poof" Steven in the misguided hope of forcing a regeneration.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also let's not forget that their Renegade Pearl never stopped being loyal to her diamond. By their own laws, Pearl did nothing wrong.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Caidin posted:

I operate under the theory that Steven just runs on magic and his organs are nonexistent/vestigial.

I mean, he has blood.

And he gets hungry and thirsty! Like, he seemed seriously deprived after his trip to Homeworld, in a way that pink zombies and other hybrid life forms don't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Rose was right not to get into a romance with Pearl because that would have had Problematic all over it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

Rose was right not to get into a romance with Pearl because that would have had Problematic all over it

Pearl is Sally Hemings.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
On the Steven Universe podcast, Rebecca Sugar and Ian JQ have both come out to say that Steven is a meat body held together with magic. Take that as you will.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Satchel and Trunk posted:

On the Steven Universe podcast, Rebecca Sugar and Ian JQ have both come out to say that Steven is a meat body held together with magic. Take that as you will.

Yes, Steven being just a gem projection would mean the whole idea of blending with humans had failed. He needs to be 'mortal' for the story to work.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Greg gregnancies all the Diamonds, meaning he becomes the King Of Space and starts having Steven, Alva, Brun, and Wyatt rolling junk into giant women.

Original Fanfic Do Not Steal

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm glad that Pink Diamond is a Go Nagai creation throwback.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Hit the Diamond turns out to be an extended analogy for the rebellion, complete with being a terrible idea.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

With how the unexpected interacts with Garnet's future vision, rather that just moving to other branches of the river this revelation is probably going to dam the whole thing and piss in the reservoir. It's gonna take some untangling before Garnet can predict anything again.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real reason Sapphire's leaving next episode is because she thinks she's useless, and to be fair if my one special ability was predicting the future and I got blindsided like this I'd probably think the same thing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like the next real confrontation with the Diamonds may well just be another trial. It was such a good reveal at the top of the season after Steven sacrificed himself that Homeworld apparently respects some kind of rule of law (although the trial itself was a bit of a cross between a kangaroo court and an interrogation). If Steven ends up trying to tell the Diamonds everything, then the only way to really do it might just be to fully prepare a case with all information and lay it out there. Maybe in some kind of neutral territory like the moonbase.

And that's not just because I really liked the Zircons and want to see them again, although that'd be great.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

TrilliontonNixon posted:

The real reason Sapphire's leaving next episode is because she thinks she's useless, and to be fair if my one special ability was predicting the future and I got blindsided like this I'd probably think the same thing.

Probably a factor, though the SU podcast episode about Garnet also makes the point that, because of the way she interacts with the world, she has to place a lot of trust in others, so she takes betrayal really, really poorly.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Satchel and Trunk posted:

I would think Steven would consciously choose to keep his Rose Quartz orientation to purposely identify more with his mom. The only reason to display his diamond nature would be to convince the other diamonds and homeworld gems of his true lineage, but that doesn’t feel like it would be true to Steven’s actual character. Rose is still his mom, Pink is just who his mom was in those grainy college photos from way back when. Also, it would be kind of a slap in the face to the other crystal gems.

I mean, it turns out that Rose wasn't real, so that makes keeping her gem kind of weird imo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

not surprising the Gem that said "What? No! Of course they'd tell you that on Homeworld. Let me tell you about the real Rose Quartz" won't take the Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond news well

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I mean, it turns out that Rose wasn't real, so that makes keeping her gem kind of weird imo

Steven can do whatever he wants, Rose was real to him for his entire life up until now. She’s real to Greg, who has repeatedly stated that the past is the past.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BioEnchanted posted:

One thing that's amusing is we all thought Pearl was someone who left her diamond to start doing her own thing - but she never left her Diamond's side. She was loyal to her liege to the end, her Diamond however, was not loyal to her sisters.

also in "I love Both of You" I'd assumed that the colouration of Pearl and Greg's lighting was representative of Steven getting to Diamonds to talk to each other in the future, but I didn't take it far enough. The pink lighting isn't Rose Quartz's pink - in the same way as Greg is coloured like Yellow Diamond and Pearl is coloured like Blue Diamond, while having similar arguments about how they feel about someone's death (and it turns out its the same Gem that both pairs are arguing about), Steven is coloured like Pink Diamond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mle_1cIWYL0
Holy poo poo, dude. You really nailed it with this one. This is absolutely spot-on and exactly the way this show hides poo poo in plain sight.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
EoRaptor, because of your avatar I can't stop seeing Allison as self-hating, drinking problem, homicidal Pearl. So really just Pearl with a drinking problem.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I always thought that was just some weird super edgy alternate universe Opal.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

EoRaptor, because of your avatar I can't stop seeing Allison as self-hating, drinking problem, homicidal Pearl. So really just Pearl with a drinking problem.

There used to be two of these avatars too!

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Steven, jumping onto Aquamarine's ship: "Hey, what if I died? I bet that would solve all our problems."

Pearl: :cry::bang:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

galenanorth posted:

not surprising the Gem that said "What? No! Of course they'd tell you that on Homeworld. Let me tell you about the real Rose Quartz" won't take the Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond news well

She also very much played up How terrible she thought Pink was in that story as well. "She laughed. A wicked empty sound."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

White Diamond is the Gem universes Unicron.

We saw Whitey's hand in a flashback. She's big, but not that big!