Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My pc is too old to run Doom and look good/run good, what's its deal on ps4? Does it control well? Run at 60fps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

beep by grandpa posted:

My pc is too old to run Doom, what's its deal on ps4? Does it control well? Run at 60fps?

Yes and yes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

My pc is too old to run Doom and look good/run good, what's its deal on ps4? Does it control well? Run at 60fps?

Runs amazingly well.

Absolutely the best playing FPS on console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

It plays very well. The nature of the combat is such that you arent like aiming down sights and going for precision head shots or anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Idtech is freaking magic, I get 90fps on DOOM with every single thing set to ultra on my PC. It looks phenomenal on any platform.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Gimme DEUXM you fucks!!!

French Doom? Based on Sartre, the title will be

DOOM: HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

O gently caress I should get it shouldn't i

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also I fuckin hate demons irl is this the game for me? Can't stand em

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a 10/10 classic. If it wasn’t a million GB and a ten hour download I’d probably buy it right now

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Ugh, I was going thinking of going for the God of War plat but I think Niflheim might put a stop to that. Granted, I'm trying to do it non-post-game which is dumb and you shouldn't do it, but it's a real bitch. The spoiler miniboss fights are bad enough without adding a fatal timer, and it seems like it'll be a real grind even if I am higher level when I come back to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MZ posted:

Rage 2?
Along with the typos, this list is probably fake, the first game did terribly and id would be crazy to be working on anything other than DOOM 2016 2.

I want a new single player Quake. Based on Quake 1, not Quake 2.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

RichterIX posted:

Ugh, I was going thinking of going for the God of War plat but I think Niflheim might put a stop to that. Granted, I'm trying to do it non-post-game which is dumb and you shouldn't do it, but it's a real bitch. The spoiler miniboss fights are bad enough without adding a fatal timer, and it seems like it'll be a real grind even if I am higher level when I come back to it.

I thought it was going to be a long boring grind too, but I took my time and it only took me less than 2 hours to get everything opened in the treasure room.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

beep by grandpa posted:

Also I fuckin hate demons irl is this the game for me? Can't stand em

Your character has no dialogue, but this would absolutely be something he would say. Just the way he moves during cutscenes tells you everything you need to know about how much he loving hates demons and doesn't care about anything except killing all the demons.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

One of the chests in the treasure room has a charm that increases your resistance to the mist by quite a lot. I could mostly stay in my Valkyrie gear after finding it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

beep by grandpa posted:

It's a PS4 must-play.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I said come in! posted:

I want a new single player Quake. Based on Quake 1, not Quake 2.

same, been playing arcane dimensions and i need more quake 1. we all need more quake 1.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

BisterdDave posted:

I thought it was going to be a long boring grind too, but I took my time and it only took me less than 2 hours to get everything opened in the treasure room.

exquisite tea posted:

One of the chests in the treasure room has a charm that increases your resistance to the mist by quite a lot. I could mostly stay in my Valkyrie gear after finding it.

This is stuff is good to know. I'll give it another crack after I've gotten further in. Thanks!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

RichterIX posted:

Also the spoiler miniboss in that area is by far the easiest, I think to compensate for DEATH TIMER.

e: I did it in one go and barely lost any health in the fight

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

beep by grandpa posted:

Get Doom.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BUY DOOM

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I was skeptical about Doom and to be fair it has a really slow start, but yeah it gets really good in a very cool way. And I literally spent months playing the Shareware version of Doom in '93 before the final version was released, and I bought in on 3.5" floppies which I still have in a box somewhere. Doom 2016 is a great successor.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm still impressed that someone managed to create a good story for a Doom game and how close to home it hit

Like, yea, we would steal resources from Hell if we could

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This Disruptive Tech Startup is Reimagining the Hell Dimension

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If Grimes/Musk break up that would be quite the chaotic rebound way to drop some billions

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I didn't know anything about Detroit Become Human until today. Is it a choose your own adventure?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

I didn't know anything about Detroit Become Human until today. Is it a choose your own adventure?

Yes, it will be similar to Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls. Which I suppose you could say is in the same kind of vein as the Telltale games.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah. There’s a demo. Girlfriend and I loved it and are buying it day one but it’s worth checking out the demo first since Quantic Dream games are usually divisive.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Idtech is freaking magic, I get 90fps on DOOM with every single thing set to ultra on my PC. It looks phenomenal on any platform.

Yeah second. I have it on the PS4 and Switch. It’s awesome on both. (I like it better on Switch tbh but that’s just because it’s my new shiny and I like the gyro aiming a lot, like a lot a lot.)

E; but it looks better on the PS4 without question...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

man nurse posted:

Yes, it will be similar to Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls. Which I suppose you could say is in the same kind of vein as the Telltale games.

Like a non streamlined telltale with a focus on eye polygon count.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All of david cage's games do a really good job decorating interiors. They all look legit af and very lived-in even if they are unbelievably huge. Their art/assets staff rules.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Seems kinda like La Noire in the future mixed with Batman's investigation parts wrapped up in a telltale game.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Have you goons not played his games before?
Now that its brought up telltale did kind of steal some ideas and make them good ,(until they got stale)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

If Grimes/Musk break up that would be quite the chaotic rebound way to drop some billions

Sad day when you discover that someone genuinely cool like Boucher would date a sociopath, though I'm sure the signs were there all along. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oh poo poo, I got a Yakuza tag instead of a Bloodborne tag.

I guess I should play that game and earn the respect of my digital peers lost cause

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh poo poo, I got a Yakuza tag instead of a Bloodborne tag.

I guess I should play that game and earn the respect of my digital peers lost cause

Start 0 and thank vidyagames for thier premonition

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bombadilillo can I peek at his spoiler? I want to but idk what game it involves or if it's a joke or what. it's probably a joke. I should look at it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I ask you because you are the one person I trust and I know you would never lie to me because you are my friend and you got me into Yakuza. We are Yakuza friends.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would be all over Rage 2 even if it seems super unlikely. No idea what makes that image a possible teaser for it though? What do pink smears have to do with Rage?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s called Yakuza 0 because there are zero games that are funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Detroit demo is really cool i recommend checking it out even if you dont want the game