Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Nuevo posted:

Uh, I think he was just saying "yeah, without that airbag the dog might have gotten injured, but not nearly as bad as a person would have" in a "dogs are radder than people" kind of way you guys. :confused:

Hey, I'm something of a philosopher in my free time, so could not give up this opportunity to opine on the differences between beast and man. :coolfish: In the end there are none that matter we all go in the same ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

gently caress you, dogs are people

If dogs were people I wouldn't like them

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Four legs good, two legs bad.

Unless it's one of those wheely dogs which tries so hard and has a good attitude.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Beachcomber posted:

Four legs good, two legs bad.

Unless it's one of those wheely dogs which tries so hard and has a good attitude.

As previously established, any limb that provides locomotion may be considered a "leg," whether it be a standard leg, a wing, or a wheel. Limbs that are solely for manipulation -- hands -- do not count as legs and therefore do not count toward the acceptable number of legs.

The jury is out regarding the how centaurs fit into this political paradigm.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/C1FlMTw.gifv

Watch the whole thing.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007
I hope that has an appropriate silly name like "The Irish Car Bomb" or similar.

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
Pretty sure it's called a pint.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

It was going so well, right up to the end.... and then he actually drank it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

supermegaultra posted:

I hope that has an appropriate silly name like "The Irish Car Bomb" or similar.

“The Irish Economy Bomb”

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Mountain wins World's Strongest Man 2018 contest.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He finally cracked it, good on him. He finished either 2nd or 3rd in every competition since 2012 I think.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Memento posted:

He finally cracked it, good on him. He finished either 2nd or 3rd in every competition since 2012 I think.

dude getting ready for cleganebowl

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Say Nothing posted:

The Mountain wins World's Strongest Man 2018 contest.

The little green plates are a nice touch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

get hype

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

i was really hyped for the piss tape but not even half as excited i am for this game

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And now he's fullthor, good on him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You don't realize how massive those guys are until you see them next to ordinary people.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

ultrafilter posted:

The little green plates are a nice touch.

Those little weights can hilariously make or break your limit.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

You don't realize how massive those guys are until you see them next to ordinary people.

You aren't kidding- that's an elementary school wall clock on Hafþór's wrist.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I love pictures like that
Arnold standing next to some strongmen in Brazil

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Garrand posted:

I love pictures like that
Arnold standing next to some strongmen in Brazil

I thought Arnold was on the shorter side but no, he's 6'2" :stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Inzombiac posted:

honestly when arnie was in his prime, he would have been one of the big dudes in that photo and a regular size dude would have been in his place and the scale would have been about the same

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Arnold really aged shockingly gracefully, considering

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m surprised he’s even alive for a juiced up dude of his era.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Arnold really aged shockingly gracefully, considering

He had a few years there where he looked awful but he’s bounced back well

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bobby Digital posted:

He had a few years there where he looked awful but he’s bounced back well

They merely pulled another model out of storage. Terminator was a documentary.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Snowy posted:

I’m surprised he’s even alive for a juiced up dude of his era.

In those days the amount of...ah, let's just say...chemical enhancement of body builders just didn't exist. If they used steroids they didn't use much.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In those days the amount of...ah, let's just say...chemical enhancement of body builders just didn't exist. If they used steroids they didn't use much.

Sorry are you saying that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a clean athlete? This was not the case, very emphatically.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Memento posted:

Sorry are you saying that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a clean athlete? This was not the case, very emphatically.

No, I'm not saying he was clean I'm saying that the steroid use you see today is a whole other level that wasn't even considered those days.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

No, I'm not saying he was clean I'm saying that the steroid use you see today is a whole other level that wasn't even considered those days.

That's interesting, are there newer drugs available or are people just taking more than they used to? Or both?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

That's interesting, are there newer drugs available or are people just taking more than they used to? Or both?

Definitely both.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Definitely both.

So you're saying the current generation of bodybuilders is probably not going to age as gracefully as Arnold?
That should be interesting

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

So you're saying the current generation of bodybuilders is probably not going to age as gracefully as Arnold?

They're going to drop dead of heart attacks in their forties, or earlier.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Body dysmorphia is pretty hosed

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

Here’s the autopsy report from a 90s bodybuilder

quote:

Some of the specific autopsy findings were an extremely muscular physique with an almost complete absence of subcutaneous fat, a liver that contained numerous table tennis ball-sized tumors (with half the liver consisting simply of a crumbly mass that was similar to polystyrene), shriveled testes, and cardiac hypertrophy (Münzer's heart weighed 636g; a normal man's heart usually weighs 300–350g).[3]

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ultrafilter posted:

They're going to drop dead of heart attacks in their forties, or earlier.

Yup. Not only are they filling themselves with steroids they're filling themselves with any insane chemical that looks like it might possibly maybe have some benefit sometimes. And synthol. Holy gently caress the synthol.

From what I've heard decades ago basically everybody used steroids in body building but the doses were pretty low. Nobody was injecting it directly into specific muscles or taking "will literally kill you before 40" amounts. It was low oral doses. But of course there were those that just had to be bigger so they upped their doses. Then other drugs started slithering their way in. Several decades of "well, just 5% more this year...that's it, just 5%" led to...well some of the madness we see today.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Synthol's pretty crazy because actual professional bodybuilders* use tiny, sub-mL amounts of it to just pad out little bits of muscle that aren't perfectly symmetrical or to smooth over scar tissue sections if they've had an injury. So that turns into "body builders use synthol" which then becomes "I should use synthol to look like a body builder" and then you get extreme cases where people literally have oil leaking out of their bodies and nerve damage from inflating themselves like carnival balloons.

EoinCannon posted:

Body dysmorphia is pretty hosed

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

Or you see them trying to do regular everyday things like catching a plane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowj1AxXc0c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bobby Digital posted:

Here’s the autopsy report from a 90s bodybuilder

Wow must have been a Habsburg