Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Policenaut posted:

I wanna know more about Kowloon's Gate. It was kickstarted and it looks so bizarre but I don't think it'll ever come stateside.

Kowloon's Gate and its Dreamcast follow-up Despiria are both loving awesome. Kowloon's Gate is a legit atmospheric masterpiece though, like Cosmology of Kyoto caliber good.

Basically you walk around from place to place like 7th Guest and Myst and Shiver and such but the pre-rendered transitions of you turning around and such are really nice and there's also real time 3D areas that are basically the game's dungeons. These areas have you trying to certain exits/etc. while running into stuff and the interface for the combat is in character with a lot of the enemies being "apparition of obscure insect that inhabits everyone's mind in some mythologies" and such. The soundtrack is very highly regarded with good reason as well.

Despiria unfortunately never got ported to anything but Kowloon's Gate is on the PSN so you have a PS3/etc. you can play it easily if you know Japanese. There's faqs too though.

That reminds me of my favorite FMV game ever, Alive. Holy fuckin' poo poo that game rules for an FMV game. It just has tons of options and the budget for it must have been massive for the time. It's basically Run Lola Run but in a Japanese near future setting, with multiple shootout scenes with squibs and everything, car chases, fight scenes in burning buildings, it's got it all.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Yeah it's sounding like I finally need a PSVR. Will get one for Christmas.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PSVR is good poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Harlock posted:

Friends I promise I will get to Yakuza 6 sometime. I am half way through Yakuza 0.

I am also halfway through 0. Keep getting sidetracked by all the side stuff. One thing the Yakuza games have taught me over years is to never visit Japan. There are always clusters of three to four guys every block just waiting to jump you and beat the poo poo out of you. Don't know how a first world country allows that sort of thing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Really enjoying Kiwami. I don't think I would have appreciated it as much if I didn't play 0 and know all the characters. They did an awesome job making a prequel.

Over There fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 11, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has this been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM

Nierski Autokillingfloorshock?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 11, 2018

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looks legit.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Looks cool as gently caress. More importantly it led me to discover Netflix is doing a witcher show. Which also looks legit.

2 awesome news' in one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i look forward to seeing how incredibly janky that game is at launch

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Haha good one, machines don't have a heart they are just choosing words at random.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rolo posted:

Sort of bumping myself here because I got buried immediately by lootbox chat.

My biggest goal is to at least find a cable that fits snug without a ton of play, I think that’s killing my charging ports. Anyone with recommendations has my thanks.

The ports on the controllers just wear out after a while. Mine definitely won't charge if they are tweaked wrong, so when I plug them in and leave them on the carpet I just make sure the yellow light is 'breathing' before I let it alone. Don't think it's worth buying new controllers for really.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RichterIX posted:

Ugh, I was going thinking of going for the God of War plat but I think Niflheim might put a stop to that. Granted, I'm trying to do it non-post-game which is dumb and you shouldn't do it, but it's a real bitch. The spoiler miniboss fights are bad enough without adding a fatal timer, and it seems like it'll be a real grind even if I am higher level when I come back to it.

It's not bad at all if you just dump the difficulty down to easiest (there are no difficulty-related trophies so whatever), and put on an item or two that grants you extra time on the clock.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony bend just did a bunch of game informer preview vids for days gone. They say they arent a big part of e3 this year so they are getting their exposure now i guess.

Early 2019
Open world action rpg
Bike maintenance and upgrades
Outpost taking/ base fortifying
Dynamic weather/emergent gameplay
Etc.

So its win win either you are looking forward to the game and you learn its coming along smoothly for a marchish release or you dont care about the game and you can rest easy free from fear that a 3rd 5 min hype trailer for another zombie game is putting a damper on this years conference.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They aren't a big part of E3 this year because Last of Us 2 is more important and Sony probably doesn't want to have two zombie games at their show, since Days Gone bumped TLoU 2 to PSX it's their turn now. Makes me wonder if Ghosts of Tsushima and Shadows Die Twice are both gonna be at Sony this year.

Do you have a link to any of those vids maybe they're good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAASF1fhHCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=posPnsBq5EA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

open world rpg zombie game gently caress yeah sign me up for this gem from 2012.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hosing down a wave of enemies with an ak looked cool ill get it if thats good and the driving is fun

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ehhh well good on them for trying to persuade people on that. It looks okay? I'm sure it'll be a great thing to buy for $30 on a Christmas flash sale next year.

Awesome! posted:

open world rpg zombie game gently caress yeah sign me up for this gem from 2012.

Not like State of Decay ever got a PS release.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

That was a terrible interview.

Reporter: "What would you say to the issue that most people don't give a poo poo about zombie games anymore in 2016, and responded to your game with boredom?"

Developer:
"I didn't think that would be an issue, but now that I know it is let me address that for you"

*Spends 10 minutes not giving an answer and instead talking about how much he personally loves zombies, literally says 'I will never get bored of the genre ever, and I don't understand how others do", talks about how he loves the World War Z movie and "its impossible for me to not like a zombie movie".

Also love around the 4 minute mark that while he is talking how much money they spent on presentation, and how it doesn't seem like a video game, the in game character is standing on a tower with his gun clipping right through the guard rail.

Those videos actually had the opposite effect, and I care even less about the game than i did before

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Megasabin posted:

Reporter: "What would you say to the issue that most people don't give a poo poo about zombie games anymore in 2016, and responded to your game with boredom?"

Developer:
"I didn't think that would be an issue, but now that I know it is let me address that for you"

*Spends 10 minutes not giving an answer and instead talking about how much he personally loves zombies, literally says 'I will never get bored of the genre ever, and I don't understand how others do", talks about how he loves the World War Z movie and "its impossible for me to not like a zombie movie".

Also love around the 4 minute mark that while he is talking how much money they spent on presentation, and how it doesn't seem like a video game, the in game character is standing on a tower with his gun clipping right through the guard rail.

Those videos actually had the opposite effect, and I care even less about the game than i did before

BU-But it's Starkiller

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Megasabin posted:

Developer:

I didn't watch it but I did click skip forward and saw a still frame of a man that would say all of this poo poo and obviously loves zombies a lot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

Dying Light was good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always love in media like this that until the zombie plague happened, the concept of what a 'zombie' is just didn't exist until that point. No zombie movies, no zombie video games, no zombies as a pen and paper concept, etc, etc. They are always a pure world that has never heard the word 'zombie'.

"So are there zombies in your game?"
"No we call them Freakers."
"But they're basically zombies right?"
"We call them Freakers."

It's OK guys. You can call them zombies, and everyone will know what you're talking about.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The best ones are stories that call them "zeds", like what does the Z stand for idk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Holy poo poo a walking skeleton!"
"You mean a Mr Rattle Bones?"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's sad that I always find it refreshing when media has zombies pop up and a character reacts by going "oh gently caress run, zombies".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fine work, skeleton

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Persona 5 sure is a game

I'm really liking the exclusives that im playing on the PS4 Pro. I don't see this charm in any x box one exclusive game. I can't even think of an xbox exclusive game.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is there still going to be PSVR Neko Atsume, because that's what would make me buy it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Developer:

I like that as he's struggling to explain why it's different he's like "well you are always in danger" Interviewer: "So it's hard?" "no. I'd say its realistic" and the video is showing a guy casually driving around a rocky mountainside on a Harley and he drops off a 10 foot cliff like it's nothing.

To be fair to the guy I don't think he was expecting to get hardballed like that. Weirdly candid interview. The game looks allright but it doesn't look like it's going to warrant 3 years of hype. It might be fun but there is so much generic poo poo going on.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I had to get a new PS4 and I never uploaded my 120 hour Yakuza 0 game where I still had yet to finish like anything major.

I'm so killed

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Days gone looks like the kind of game I'd have bounced off hard a full decade ago. I just don't understand what it brings to the table. The story better be outrageously good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

cubicle gangster posted:

Days gone looks like the kind of game I'd have bounced off hard a full decade ago. I just don't understand what it brings to the table. The story better be outrageously good.

It's claim to fame is the big walls of zombies. When it first got announced I was like "yeah ok that's pretty cool I guess" but there is so much of the same poo poo floating around it's of zero interest now.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
https://twitter.com/instant_grat/status/994664877309550592

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:discourse:

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Yakuza 0 has the best UFO catcher mini game since Kirby's adventure.

Kiryu spends his days beating thousand yen notes out of drunks to feed his crippling plushie addiction.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Now just let me go into Kamuro Castle again so the dude inside can send me on missions to beat up homeless assassins

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
After playing some of the zombie games I have in the past on PC, I am just ready for one that isn't a tedious shitfest that doesn't cater to people grinding. Im looking at you 7 days to die.

Also, it sucks that Sony kind of killed off Syphon Filter. I wouldn't mind playing a updated version of it. I had some really fun times with Syphon Filter 1 and 2 on PSone.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I have a truly terrible dilemma. Buy Nier Automata or Yakuza 0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zombies aren't really my thing but as an Oregoon I feel like it's my duty to buy this game. I'll let y'all know how it is.