Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Elysiume posted:

So how expelled/imprisoned is Antimony?

I don't know if anybody really has a specific grudge against Antimony, so I don't see why anybody would blame her for this (since it's pretty much 100% not her fault) unless they could use it as leverage against somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

Do we know if the story is planned to last Annie's entire 5(?) Years at school?

We've always assumed it but I don't think it's really been confirmed anywhere.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

While Annie ultimately kickstarted this series of events by freeing Jeanne, as far as we know no one in the court is aware of that. None of the more immediate circumstances could be blamed on her.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
the Court could blame random things on Annie and still have a decent chance of being right

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Samuringa posted:

the Court could blame random things on Annie and still have a decent chance of being right

Turns out this all comes back to the cursed teapot incident

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Elysiume posted:

So how expelled/imprisoned is Antimony?

Not at all, this is technically all her fault (kind of) but no one knows that (not even her) except coyote, and I don't think coyote is going to be telling anyone anything any time soon (or possibly ever again).

There Bias Two posted:

This page feels like the story is getting close to its final arc.

Really? It still feels like there's a lot of stuff to sort out first.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really? It still feels like there's a lot of stuff to sort out first.

what's left, by your reckoning? it feels to me like there isn't much left but, well, i've been reading since the art was weird and angular

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't know if anybody really has a specific grudge against Antimony, so I don't see why anybody would blame her for this (since it's pretty much 100% not her fault) unless they could use it as leverage against somebody.

Regy Rusty posted:

While Annie ultimately kickstarted this series of events by freeing Jeanne, as far as we know no one in the court is aware of that. None of the more immediate circumstances could be blamed on her.

While both of you have good points...it usually doesn't necessarily matter if things get blamed on the right person, as long as they get blamed on a good enough scapegoat, or if someone else's goals somehow get advanced a bit in the process.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If anything this feels more like the start of the second act rather than the start of the third.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I feel like with the cold war burning up and the court under pressure after years of peace all the old bogeymen are gonna come home to roost and we'll see some nice folks doing terrible things

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

I feel like with the cold war burning up and the court under pressure after years of peace all the old bogeymen are gonna come home to roost and we'll see some nice folks doing terrible things

To answer what is left, this. Freeing murderghost removed the MAD problem keeping the Court and the Forest on ice. The next act is going to be the results of a mad god and an atrocity ridden machine going head to head. Plenty of track left on this ride.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Big things that still need to be resolved:

*We haven't even begun to explore what the Psychopomps actually want out of Annie other than her service, which is nebulous.
*Ysote has only just been intruced.
*Robot's cult hasn't gone full crazy yet, and they won't until they all start going full organic. Kat and the Creator stuff is likewise still in the air.
*Then there's whatever the Omega Device is and the associated mysteries surrounding the Court and its masters.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I can see the last three being dealt with all at the same time and because of each other. Psychopomps are just going to be sneaky because that's their deal.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Patware posted:

what's left, by your reckoning? it feels to me like there isn't much left but, well, i've been reading since the art was weird and angular

Well, just off the top of my head: we still don't know what Zimmy and Gamma's deal is, or what Kat being a giant robot God in the either means. We don't know what will happen if Kat succeeds in turning robot into a more organic being, and we still don't really know what the court wants or what it's trying to do. We still haven't seen what the Psychopomps want with Annie, or why her being born caused her mother to die.

Oh, and we still have Coyote's new anime form to deal with.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If anything this feels more like the start of the second act rather than the start of the third.

Same, this is a HUGE change but it doesn't feel like the end game.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Well, just off the top of my head: we still don't know what Zimmy and Gamma's deal is, or what Kat being a giant robot God in the either means. We don't know what will happen if Kat succeeds in turning robot into a more organic being, and we still don't really know what the court wants or what it's trying to do. We still haven't seen what the Psychopomps want with Annie, or why her being born caused her mother to die.

zimmy/gamma feels like something that wont necessarily have an answer in the same way we won't have a total beat by beat breakdown of why fire elementals die post-child. It's just something that happens. It was even known about by multiple people judging by Renard's "we all knew [surma dying] would happen" comment after that truth bomb dropped.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've always seen the comic to be about Annie and Kat's friendship more than anything, so to me it'd only feel like the comic is winding down if they go their separate ways.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting most of your questions answered.
The only thing I expect answered is what happens when Kat makes fleshbots.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lurdiak posted:

I've always seen the comic to be about Annie and Kat's friendship more than anything, so to me it'd only feel like the comic is winding down if they go their separate ways.

I've been trying to identify what I feel has been missing from the comic lately. You've hit that one right on the head.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

I've been trying to identify what I feel has been missing from the comic lately. You've hit that one right on the head.

You mean like in the previous chapter????????????

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Welcome to a new year of Gunnersea Lab.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is the train a robit?!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is the train a robit?!

Don't be silly.

The trains are a robit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Are we going for a beach episode? :ohdear:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Blaine is a pain.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Podima posted:

Yeah the Tea/Tom arc is one of the most quietly compelling parts of this comic for me.

We are going to split Te aTom

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I very much appreciated Tom's tip in today's comment cause I was totally going to go looking for that page.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh no. :( They were finally going to be a real couple...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lurdiak posted:

Oh no. :( They were finally going to be a real couple...

Just because one is a human and the other is a robot doesn't mean their not a real couple. Don't be a automatonist.

Unless you're talking about boning, then, yeah, sadface.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Anything happens to Arthur and you're next, Tom.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I was wondering how that situation would play out. Man, that sucks. :(

Even if he was still mobile, it's not like they could go to the forest anymore either. I imagine the whole place is going to be kind of off limits for a while.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Not even the shadow men like Tony. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have they tried turning him off and back on?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Synthbuttrange posted:

Have they tried turning him off and back on?

Who, Tony? I mean, it couldn't hurt...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

He tried it himself and nearly killed his daughter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no annie! how could you!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Welp Anni, only one way to solve this. Go talk to him yourself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Don't worry Annie, they don't think you're a spy. They think you're incompetent.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
She's good at a job, but not really the one the court thinks she has.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

drat it, Annie. You ruined everything with all your being friendly to all the powerful mythological figures and your doing your drat job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I think it's more a reference to putting Jeanne away and enabling Coyogrin to rampage through the court.