Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Herr Bazooka posted:

Do you mean Siona?

No, I mean her great^hundredsomething grandma. It's implied in a number of places that she and Harq al-Ada were pumping out kids like crazy

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MC Hawking posted:

Piracetam actually does work.

prove it

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Can you prove the breath of the wind will cool a tired brow?

Can you prove that the whisper of a brook will calm a weary traveler?

Can you prove the heart of a man is worth more than the tumbleweed pushed forth by the weight of the world?

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
I...guess not....

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

but random powders called "nootropics"

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
l;ol;

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There's plenty of anecdotal testimony even if official study hasnt caught up. Even though its used to help with dementia and seizures and stuff so it clearly is chemically active and useful. but luckily for you piracetam and its analogs are quite safe when taken with a choline supplement so you could just find out for yourself you know. I'd mail you my supply if i wasnt concerned about the legality of doing so.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if piracetam worked you wouldnt be posting in gbs

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I dont really take it anymore because the taste is gross and if i take it regularly ill just run out in a month or two and i cant source a replacement because of the fda rules that have come down since i purchased it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Yandat posted:

if piracetam worked you wouldnt be posting in gbs

Fuckin' low blow.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

basic hitler posted:

There's plenty of anecdotal testimony even if official study hasnt caught up. Even though its used to help with dementia and seizures and stuff so it clearly is chemically active and useful. but luckily for you piracetam and its analogs are quite safe when taken with a choline supplement so you could just find out for yourself you know. I'd mail you my supply if i wasnt concerned about the legality of doing so.

yeah let me just take something called a cho-line suppliment with my weird powders that the fda just regulated.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Our government isnt exactly wise and all knowing about all this bud. It was a dumb kneejerk regulation.

Unlike other nootropics the piracetam family of compounds is useful and mixjng them with some adderall is about as close as one can get to IRL sapho juice

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

basic hitler posted:

Our government isnt exactly wise and all knowing about all this bud. It was a dumb kneejerk regulation.

Unlike other nootropics the piracetam family of compounds is useful and mixjng them with some adderall is about as close as one can get to IRL sapho juice

Tell us about the stains

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Spazzle posted:

Tell us about the stains

no dont

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Years ago I bought a bottle of that stuff prencapsulated with chloine. Pills of it, not weird tasting powders or whatever. It made keeping focused maybe slightly easier, if that.

However it for sure made any kind of interruptions or bullshit absolutely intolerable.

It definitely did something, but the effect was small and I can't say it was good or bad. Not worth the money imo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Spazzle posted:

Tell us about the stains

i have some posts in the tcc adderall thread

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wonder too if the Empire having a population of- hundreds of billions? Trillions?- helps in producing plenty of those edge-of-the-bell-curve people.
Anyway if I lived in the dune universe, I'm pretty sure id be a dirt farmer or a slave or a corpse or something. All thr plots within schemes within conspiracies stuff is just exhausting!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I very much see myself as a Leto II-esque figure, i.e. a fat sack of poo poo that likes lecturing people and has to be hauled around on a cart

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I like to think of myself as rabban

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
*works for an ad agency on Gammu*

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Tree Bucket posted:

I wonder too if the Empire having a population of- hundreds of billions? Trillions?- helps in producing plenty of those edge-of-the-bell-curve people.
Anyway if I lived in the dune universe, I'm pretty sure id be a dirt farmer or a slave or a corpse or something. All thr plots within schemes within conspiracies stuff is just exhausting!

i'd aspire to be that guy who gets ripped on semuta and plays the baliset

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'm the guy who trained the tigers to eat two tweenage twins who will be wearing jewel-encrusted clothes, which of course only works if you train them by siccing them on real pairs of twins wearing real exorbitantly expensive jewel encrusted robes.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'm the guy who trained the tigers to eat two tweenage twins who will be wearing jewel-encrusted clothes, which of course only works if you train them by siccing them on real pairs of twins wearing real exorbitantly expensive jewel encrusted robes.

Condolences on your sudden but inevitable death by tigers

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can't have your toys run off and maul a kindergarten on the way, the whole caste system depends on not getting the average Joe involved in disputes between the great families.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Really we're already in the Duniverse but our backwater planet is so insignificant that we don't get any of the cool stuff and the Guild only drops people off here once every 400 years.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

phasmid posted:

Really we're already in the Duniverse but our backwater planet is so insignificant that we don't get any of the cool stuff and the Guild only drops people off here once every 400 years.

Nah, there's way too many civilian casualties for this to be Dune

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
im ghola

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

phasmid posted:

I'm glad President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump is enacting the Golden Path, frankly.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The Golden path is NOT a golden shower, sorry.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dune... desert planet

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(in small print) A ruckus on Arrakis

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Arrakian Fracas.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drune

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Git-r-Dune

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I am most of the way through Heretics and that quality just isn't there

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

worms = penis, leto 2 = dick head

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I stopped in heretics shortly after teg thwarts some plot and discoverd the honored matres. the sex-weirdness was getting to me, even though i enjoy the plot otherwise, there's something deeply unpleasant about how the honored matres are written as well, so between young ghola duncan idaho and mind controlling pussies i'm just not into it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I liked the way they made artificial spice that happens to be orange

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

worms = penis, leto 2 = dick head

THE WORM IS EVIL, THE LAZGUN IS GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009