Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Or you see them trying to do regular everyday things like catching a plane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowj1AxXc0c

:stonk: I feel claustrophobic just from watching that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow must have been a Habsburg

it would be pretty cool if that habsburg scion who races cars got smashed and lost all his organs, the fact that there are still habsburgs was a serious misstep in human history

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Pookah posted:

:stonk: I feel claustrophobic just from watching that.

I can tell you from experience that flying loving sucks when you're that tall, and I'm a skinny motherfucker. Even short 2 hour flights would ruin my back/legs.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Taeke posted:

I can tell you from experience that flying loving sucks when you're that tall, and I'm a skinny motherfucker. Even short 2 hour flights would ruin my back/legs.

I saw some Instagram post from a friend recently about how traveling with young children is easiest if you get the bulkhead row. As a tall goon, I was livid. Leave that row for us!! :mad:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheBigAristotle posted:

I saw some Instagram post from a friend recently about how traveling with young children is easiest if you get the bulkhead row. As a tall goon, I was livid. Leave that row for us!! :mad:

I am both tall and kid-having, I lay full claim to the bulkhead row.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Taeke posted:

So you would probably need physiotherapy to recover from longhaul :(

I did Dublin - Heathrow - LAX - Auckland (24+ hours in the air in a 36 hour period) and it was horrible because I really hate flying but at least I'm only 5' 7

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Taeke posted:

At six feet I'm not exceptionally tall but even that height makes flying loving awful. I can't imagine how much worse it would suck to be taller.

Whenever I have to buy a new car the absolute first thing I do is sit in it. Most cars can't comfortably fit my legs even if I put the seat the whole way back. I saw a picture if Shaw trying to get in a car and was like "wow, I got nothing on how much my size sucks compared to that."

The car I own right now is the only thing I've ever driven that I don't have to shove the seat the whole way back on and I'm not even a big dude.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Whenever I have to buy a new car the absolute first thing I do is sit in it.

Flying in the face of everything we knew about buying a car.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

Flying in the face of everything we knew about buying a car.

If the car isnt comfortable I don't give a poo poo about anything else and most cars don't fit me. Better to just get that out of the way.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ToxicSlurpee posted:

most cars don't fit me.

Edit: before we get too far off topic, here's a large man lifting an aircraft

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 17:01 on May 11, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If the car isnt comfortable I don't give a poo poo about anything else and most cars don't fit me. Better to just get that out of the way.

Still crazy to me that you would sit in the car before doing stuff like driving the car, jumping on the hood, etc.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

RCarr posted:

jumping on the hood

Wait, what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m making fun of the fact that he said the first thing he does when looking at a new car is to sit in it. As if that’s not the first thing every other human who has ever bought a car did.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

I’m making fun of the fact that he said the first thing he does when looking at a new car is to sit in it. As if that’s not the first thing every other human who has ever bought a car did.

It isn't among a lot of people I know. I was taught to do stuff like look at the engine first.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I know people with far too much money who buy their cars before they're even bloody built.

Meanwhile, my car is approaching it's 17th birthday and I'm desperately hoping it'll last another year or two before it gets too expensive to drive.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've seen a picture of Arnold shoulder to shoulder with someone I personally know and there's no way he breaks 6 foot.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

News flash youngins' you shrink when you age. I'm down 2 inches from my 20s. Hes probably 5'10" max but for sure his wikipedia competition stats are useless

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Inzombiac posted:

I thought Arnold was on the shorter side but no, he's 6'2" :stare:

He’s not. I met him in ~1985 at some California GOP fundraising shindig(my GF’s best friend’s father was a state senator and I got roped into going) and he was roughly six foot even, maybe a smidge shorter. I’m an honest 6’2” and he wasn’t even close to my height.

Also, he was an arrogant rear end at this function, but that’s another story.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dropping a re-entry device into a borehole drilled into an active submarine volcano.

e: technically this one is on the caldera rim, but we're going to poke a hole straight down the center of the cone in a few weeks.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 00:41 on May 13, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gorilla Salad posted:

I know people with far too much money who buy their cars before they're even bloody built.

Meanwhile, my car is approaching it's 17th birthday and I'm desperately hoping it'll last another year or two before it gets too expensive to drive.

You must have gone into the lucrative business of catering rich people's events

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

Dropping a re-entry device into a borehole drilled into an active submarine volcano.

e: technically this one is on the caldera rim, but we're going to poke a hole straight down the center of the cone in a few weeks.

Rad as gently caress!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

ReidRansom posted:

Where can I read about this scifi poo poo?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

Brb, gonna go write a sci-fi fantasy book about a race of lava men and their submarine fleet taking over the world.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: I would read that book lol

Snowmankilla posted:

Where can I read about this scifi poo poo?

Here's an article from some New Zealand press about it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12045742

It's a pretty exciting expedition, scientifically. Also in terms of engineering since we'll be deploying a new coring system developed by our Japanese partner agency for the first time outside of testing.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 04:57 on May 13, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

JnnyThndrs posted:

He’s not. I met him in ~1985 at some California GOP fundraising shindig(my GF’s best friend’s father was a state senator and I got roped into going) and he was roughly six foot even, maybe a smidge shorter. I’m an honest 6’2” and he wasn’t even close to my height.

Also, he was an arrogant rear end at this function, but that’s another story.

He was a Republican so of course he was a shithead, that is like built in.

On steroid chat, there's lots of different ways to do it. I seriously think I'm gonna go on Testosterone replacement therapy when I hit 40 and/or blood test low.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 05:01 on May 13, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh poo poo I need that Eyehatedog patch

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ReidRansom posted:

:ohdear: Looks like the start of a Charlie Stross novel. I hope BLUE HADES won't take offense at that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ReidRansom posted:

Come off it, that's CGI.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You know, I think it's super amazing that we're about to drill into an undersea volcano and all, but if this awakens The Deep Ones and brings about the end of the world then my only hope is that this thread will be filled with pictures of giant floating monstrosities devouring entire cities before my soul is finally wrenched from my body and consumed by a terror.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Solice Kirsk posted:

You know, I think it's super amazing that we're about to drill into an undersea volcano and all, but if this awakens The Deep Ones and brings about the end of the world then my only hope is that this thread will be filled with pictures of giant floating monstrosities devouring entire cities before my soul is finally wrenched from my body and consumed by a terror.
You're thinking of the Old Ones. The Deep Ones will just trigger underwater landslides and giant tsunamis.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hmmm, I guess you're right. Maybe The Old and Deep Ones should team up to form a megaband.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I guarantee if that happens Imgur will go down so I hope you've got your own hosting

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/wfuSlje.mp4

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 07:55 on May 14, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good to see the ol' front kick still works on Belfort:

*seven years earlier...

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good to see the ol' front kick still works on Belfort:

*seven years earlier...

haha this looks like he didn't expect to knock him out and his instinct is to catch him :D

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://i.imgur.com/1YjuGlP.mp4

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

I guarantee if that happens Imgur will go down so I hope you've got your own hosting

I survived waffleimages and I will survive this.

No I wasn't a hero, but I posted in the company of heroes.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Better landing than Bedlam, Zaitgeist, Vanisher, or Shatterstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Better landing than Bedlam, Zaitgeist, Vanisher, or Shatterstar.

too soon man