Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She's dead... Wrapped in gravy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
There was a fish... in the gravy boat!

Twenty Four

TK8325 posted:

I love it, it's the far off future...1997 and only one man can save the president.

I have never understood why so many movies set in the future, where there is a drastically different future, get set like 10-20 years ahead from when they are made.

I don't care if you are talking wasteland dystopia or go the other way where everyone has a flying car and amazing technology, I'm not buying it when you released it, and I am going to do a "told you so" eye roll rewatching it close to the date it's set in.

If you are going to have a drastically changed world, just make it like 100 years in the future or whatever and no one will call you on it.

Sorry this is a dumb pet peeve of mine and I know it is dumb but it's a mistake that's been made so many times with such a dang easy fix!

E: Don't get me wrong, I love these kind of movies and sci-fi stuff, just don't set your epic space wars movie like 6 years from now. That's why the whole "long ago in a galaxy far far away" was like the perfect intro for that.

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 11, 2018

Twenty Four

Munchables posted:

Sorry to burst your CHILDISH bubbles, buuuut gravy's not real. That was the mailman on your mashed potatoes, kiddo.

That delicious, savory mailman. mmm...

Twenty Four

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nice post/av combo.

Please don't probate :tipshat:

lol if you got probated for quoting cute animal gifs in byob we would have no posters left

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Twenty Four posted:

I have never understood why so many movies set in the future, where there is a drastically different future, get set like 10-20 years ahead from when they are made.

I don't care if you are talking wasteland dystopia or go the other way where everyone has a flying car and amazing technology, I'm not buying it when you released it, and I am going to do a "told you so" eye roll rewatching it close to the date it's set in.

If you are going to have a drastically changed world, just make it like 100 years in the future or whatever and no one will call you on it.

Sorry this is a dumb pet peeve of mine and I know it is dumb but it's a mistake that's been made so many times with such a dang easy fix!

E: Don't get me wrong, I love these kind of movies and sci-fi stuff, just don't set your epic space wars movie like 6 years from now. That's why the whole "long ago in a galaxy far far away" was like the perfect intro for that.

how do you feel about the years 200X or 20XX?

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

I HEARD THERE WAS OLD MMO CHAT I USED TO PLay mad uo back in its good days and then on off-servers that emulated its old days

I was also big UO back in the day. I was the EU's biggest trammelite.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Twenty Four posted:

I watched moon 44 the other day, it's pretty good but the opening text thing said in 2038 corporations rule the universe

Not the galaxy, or our local galactic neighborhood, but the whole dang universe; I had a chuckle over the optimism

FluffieDuckie

Maybe they make it more imminent to increase sense of urgency/panic

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

If we don't shape up as a society all these really cool action scenes will definitely 100% happen.

Twenty Four

TVsVeryOwn posted:

how do you feel about the years 200X or 20XX?

200X is past, against, 20XX, depending on the situation, tentatively for.

Hugh Malone posted:

I watched moon 44 the other day, it's pretty good but the opening text thing said in 2038 corporations rule the universe

Not the galaxy, or our local galactic neighborhood, but the whole dang universe; I had a chuckle over the optimism

Yeah, like, reel it in a little folks, maybe go for at least a few centuries out with that sort of claim which is still hugely optimistic lol.

It doesn't ruin a movie for me or anything, it's just like, if someone put thier shoes on the wrong feet for the third time this month, I pointed it out to them, and they were like "welp, guess I'm just gonna go out like this!"

Scaly Haylie

why didn't anyone tell me apple cider is just raw juice?

Twenty Four

Lizard Wizard posted:

why didn't anyone tell me apple cider is just raw juice?

I have it on good authority that sometimes they put some "hard" in it.

Scaly Haylie

that would be a sex crime.

Jaded Burnout

No, a sex crime is a sex on the beach with gin instead of vodka.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I had chilled chips last night and you know what? It just isn't for me.

Grocery list:

-unchilled chips
-bell peppers
-tears of the innocent
-lighter fluid
-flints
-someone else to cook food for me because I've been living off of bell peppers

Twenty Four

hamjobs posted:

I had chilled chips last night and you know what? It just isn't for me.

Grocery list:

-unchilled chips
-bell peppers
-tears of the innocent
-lighter fluid
-flints
-someone else to cook food for me because I've been living off of bell peppers

It could be worse, you could be living exclusively off of habanero peppers or ghost peppers or something.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Twenty Four posted:

It could be worse, you could be living exclusively off of habanero peppers or ghost peppers or something.

I would enjoy that too. I'm just bored of peppers and mushrooms and don't feel like cooking anything right now.

RIP lettuce, you killed everyone so now I can't eat you.

Jaded Burnout

Have you considered replacing the lettuce with mcdonalds double cheeseburgers?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hmm...now you're onto something, surely nobody's EVER gotten e. coli or listeria from a hamburger.

Jaded Burnout

If they did it was probably from the lettuce.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

lettuce never speak of this horrible food again.

(i miss lettuce)

Elusif

Look out behind you!

Twenty Four

hamjobs posted:

I would enjoy that too. I'm just bored of peppers and mushrooms and don't feel like cooking anything right now.

RIP lettuce, you killed everyone so now I can't eat you.

Like entirely, so you had to eat so many ghost peppers to fill your only caloric intake? Hamjobs you must have a better digestive system and tolerance for hot stuff then I do!

Twenty Four

Elusif posted:

Look out behind you!

There's a floor to near ceiling mirror covering my closet door behind my posting rig. I'm lookin' good!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Twenty Four posted:

Like entirely, so you had to eat so many ghost peppers to fill your only caloric intake? Hamjobs you must have a better digestive system and tolerance for hot stuff then I do!

love too eat whole habaneros unironically

they're very tasty and spicy and I'm not super capsaicin sensitive so bring me heat

cda

by Hand Knit
Hello

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

rrrrriiiiibbbbiitttt

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

https://twitter.com/round_boys/status/994776267621888000

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i like to finish lunch with like a few pickled peppers, usually banana or hot cherry peppers. kinda fends off the post lunch sleepies

but one time i decided to pack a (one [1]) fresh, orange, scotch bonnet pepper fro dessert. it was spicy, and it was awesome, but it took longer than my break to not be visibly affected by it

coworkers: you ok?

me: yeah i just ate a scotch bonnet

coworkers: :chloe:

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 11, 2018

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

meeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

lettuce never speak of this horrible food again.

(i miss lettuce)

you are miss lettuce? :aaa:

do you have some sort of crown or sash?

Jaded Burnout

I was Miss Legume 4 years running. We competed for all the beans but the prizes were peanuts.

tao of lmao

thinkin about making a thread

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

you are miss lettuce? :aaa:

do you have some sort of crown or sash?

my crown is made of butter lettuce and rocket, studded with strawberries; my sash is woven of red and green leaf lettuce. I am a green goddess; supreme ruler of good dressing.

Jolo

tao of lmao posted:

post boldly in the direction of your brain thoughts, friend

The president of the company I work for walked by my desk yesterday and introduced himself and thanked me for my hard work. It's a large workplace and I'd only seen him a couple of times and had never spoken to him before. When he walked up to my desk, instead of doing company work, I was creating this silly flash thing for a programming course:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/222051550/

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

my crown is made of butter lettuce and rocket, studded with strawberries; my sash is woven of red and green leaf lettuce. I am a green goddess; supreme ruler of good dressing.

I've never seen a pageant winner with a caesar cut before.

Jaded Burnout

Hey y'all it's 4pm on a Friday and that means work is done. I just went from sitting with my feet up on my desk working and posting to sitting with my feet up on my desk watching TV and posting.

Jolo

Jaded Burnout posted:

Hey y'all it's 4pm on a Friday and that means work is done. I just went from sitting with my feet up on my desk working and posting to sitting with my feet up on my desk watching TV and posting.

It's 4pm somewhere, ha ha haa. *looks at clock* well gently caress, not here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

tao of lmao posted:

welcome back cotter... er, julio