Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Probably untreated mental illness combined with ESL and from them mentioning a random US code and how to get around copyright (I think?) probably some SovCit tendencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Jurgan posted:

“You should see the dental plan.”

https://youtu.be/hTbkG3csHDQ

All of the videos uploaded on this person's channel are clips from the Walt Disney animated televisions series Gargoyles, plus one Chef Boyardee commercial.

Who is this person?

e: wait, also also one music video for the song Madmen from the Planet Sex by The Gargoyles

Comptroll The Forums has a new favorite as of 21:59 on May 5, 2018

The General
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I live in Queens NY where parking is really hard to find. I had my blinker on for 2 minutes in front of the spot but had to move up slightly to let other cars pass. A woman in an enormous red truck tried to steal my spot so I got out of the car and confronted her. She told me to gently caress off and find a new spot (accompanied with the middle finger). I knew her truck was too large and would block the driveway in front of her so I didn't say anything. I went back (after finding a new spot) and called the tow company's number listed on the gate of the driveway. The tow truck came within 20 minutes and towed her truck. I know it's petty, but if she hadn't been so rude I wouldn't have done it.

TL;DR - Woman stole my parking spot, told me to gently caress myself and was blocking a driveway. Got her car towed

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

If the spot is so close to a driveway that a truck parked there is blocking it it's probably too close to the driveway for anyone to park there legally.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I can believe that someone was that petty, so it’s possible.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

burial posted:

I can believe that someone was that petty, so it’s possible.

The kind of person who writes a post like that is certainly petty enough to fantasize about it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Huh. I just remind my 5 year old to say thank-you when she forgets and hope the repetition makes an impact.

Guess I’m a poo poo father after all.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Should be illegal tell your children that they'd be lucky to work at DQ.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

The General posted:

Should be illegal tell your children that they'd be lucky to work at DQ.

Yeah that seemed a lot meaner than throwing away their lovely icecream.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

3rd January, 1970

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I can spell and type in full sentences and am unable to enable the wifi on an iPhone.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Gloomy Rube posted:

3rd January, 1970

system clocks default to 1970-01-01 without any other input, yes

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I love how she also did not acknowledge the dairy queen lady in any way, apparently just standing there for 10 seconds, blankly staring into space.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

“I stared creepily into space for 10 seconds straight before stealing children’s ice cream because they weren’t sufficiently grateful. Clearly I’m the only sane person here.”

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I worked at DQ in high school and I can tell you that employee did not give any shits whatsoever. You get numb to bratty kids very quickly.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Fb comments section is easy mode but some are seriously ridiculous,

quote:

Back in the mid 70’s back home from serving with the 82nd Airborne during the Vietnam War - I took a job with a Fast Food Franchise called HARDEES here in North Carolina -
Within 8 weeks of starting that new job the company had already put me through Manager Training and I had my own restaurant to manage !
Fresh out of the military I was still a little hot headed but I stood 110% behind my employees and refused to let anyone run over one them -
One day this A-Hole was giving one of my cashiers who was about 16 at the time a mortal fit over 6 cheeseburgers which at that time cost about 30 cent’s apiece -
I don’t recall exactly now what his beef was - but he was all up in her face and had her crying - I remember the guy was about 40 years old and I was only 22 years old at the time but war torn and short fused !
I tried everything I could to satisfy the guy - I apologize - gave him his money back - fixed him 6 brand new cheeseburgers
( free of charge )
Nothing would shut this guy up -
He continued to cuss this young cashier and then he started to cuss me !

He refused to accept the new cheeseburgers which were bagged - sitting on the counter - ready to go !
As he was heading out the door - he very loudly told me in front of my employees and customers where I could stick that bag of cheeseburgers !
That was the last straw - I grabbed that bag of burgers and threw a perfect strike hitting him in the back of the head so hard it knocked his hat off !
Little did I know that my district manager was standing just out of view and witnessed the whole ordeal -
When this guy turned as if he was coming back in the restaurant - my district manger headed him off - and let him know in no short terms that if he stepped one foot inside that building - not only was he going let that badass 82nd Airborne Vietnam Vet kick his rear end - but that him and every other employee that worked there would be allowed help if they wanted too - that the best thing for him to do since he had his money was leave and to never come back !

After that - I never had to tell any of those employees that I had their back - they knew it !

Plus word got around town - and the townspeople always treated my employees with respect !

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i mean if your young children have lovely manners whose fault is that really

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

St Evan Echoes posted:

i mean if your young children have lovely manners whose fault is that really

Can't be hers. Every time they ask for or receive something she says, "What do you say?" then stares blankly into the distance while the first 10 seconds of "The Sound of Silence" plays, and then takes away their stuff.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

howdoireachaparticularfractionoftwitterusers.txt

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
"My infant child just said *sophisticated adult opinion*" has moved from STDH cliche to common joke format at this point, and to me at least this seems like a pretty obvious joke.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My son published papers in peer reviewed journals about marxism by the time he was 6 weeks old, that guy's son must be some kind of moron.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My eighteen month old son just asked me "daddy, why do people create fictional children that then immediately espouse the author's own political views, as if the concept of an argument coming from a non-fully developed human being that requires near-constant attention to simply not end up dead renders that argument more credible instead of highlighting its ridiculous simplicity and childishness?"

I punched him in the face for his horrible run-on sentence, then I called an exorcist because he's clearly possessed. Will post again when the priests start singing Bohemian Rhapsody.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My son published papers in peer reviewed journals about marxism by the time he was 6 weeks old, that guy's son must be some kind of moron.

Pfft, amateur. My kid was teaching political science when she was a fetus.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:thejoke:

He's specifically mocking Tweets from dumbasses who make up political stdh punditry from little kids.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

:thejoke:

He's specifically mocking Tweets from dumbasses who make up political stdh punditry from little kids.

I will hang my head in shame. Because I was obviously not thinking critically when I posted that. :doh:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Quid posted:

Fb comments section is easy mode but some are seriously ridiculous,

The 82d vet getting a job at Hardee's and becoming manager probably did happen. Anything after that- stdh.
Source: 82d Vet.

jalen
Jun 8, 2010

Grimey Drawer

An earnest attempt at punctuation from a man who has never heard of a period

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Who uses the term "youngster" and what young person uses the term "old sport?"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
M'student

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Probably someone who just watched The Great Gatsby.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Kids like saying goofy old timey stuff they hear on TV. Best to let them get it out of their system now, before they turn 20 and start wearing a fedora.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

get that OUT of my face posted:

Who uses the term "youngster" and what young person uses the term "old sport?"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343092/

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Way too long to quote the whole thing...

quote:

I am a reformed criminal. I can’t excuse my old life but in many ways I feel I have made amends. I joined the US Military later than most people. I was 26 at the time.

I was never charged or arrested for my crimes because I decided to get out while I still could. After I joined the military I did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. I feel like between god and I, we are square.

I grew up dirt poor in Los Angeles. As a kid I was heavily involved in martial arts and by the time I was 20 I was doing amateur mixed martial arts and cage fighting. I held two black belts. One in Aiki-Jujitsu (traditional Japanese jujitsu) and Brazilian jujitsu. I was also over 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs of muscle.

A lot of asian guys came to the underground fights and they made money betting on me. They would buy me drinks and ask me to hang out with them. They were members of the “Asian Boys” gang - which at the time in LA was the last gang you wanted to mess with.

Eventually, one of them brought a Russian friend of his and offered me a job as a bouncer in a Russian owned nightclub in LA called “Spundae” on Santa Monica BLVD. It was rave style Trance music full of all walks of life. Even had gay Igor’s which were the worst because they fought more than anyone else.

It didn’t take me long to figure out that the Russian dudes who ran the place were Russian Mafia. They had some sort of partnership with the Asian Boys who handled their muscle and ran the ecstasy trade.

I ended up trying ecstasy and loved it. Within a few months I was dealing it. Soon the Asian Boys came to me and explained that I was dealing on their turf. It wasn’t an argument or anything. They were actually really respectful but told me that they can’t tollerate me dealing in the club. They insisted it was their market.

Then I made a stupid decision. I said “look, I kick your guys out all the time for dealing in here. And the cops come in a lot. How about you sell to me and I’ll push it for you in the club. I can move more than your guys - plus I know when the cops are around.”

They actually liked the idea - and I honk that’s what they had in mind. I was Irish so there was no way they were going to recruit me into the Asian Boys. But they treated me like one of their own.

I went to all of their house parties - they provided me with an endless stream of Asian girls and we would roll on ecstasy all night....

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
e: Turns out that the Asian Boyz are a real street gang, shows what I know

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 20:28 on May 18, 2018

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

e: Turns out that the Asian Boyz are a real street gang, shows what I know

Still, you'd think he'd know to spell their name properly if he hung out with them so much.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here is some stdh.txt that i wrote. i would like to share it with you.

my girlfriend finally realized that we are intellectual equals, even though she has a masters degree in genetics and i work in a strip mall for minimum wage repairing computers. it was all because i proved to her that even though neither of us were credentialled in sociology, i technically knew more because i took a few college credits of a semi-related class and she did not. it was at [state university located in southern california.]

thank you for sharing this moment with me!

e: omg thanks to your overwhelming response we are getting married!

e2: thank you for helping pay for the wedding at patreon.com/USCMarriedCouple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Is your girlfriend Albert Einstein