Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Weird that Aces is the only game in that ad that hasn't come out yet.

Also strange seeing Mario Kart 8 in it considering that title isn't getting any support that we know about.

MK8D has sold so much that I wouldn’t be surprised to see DLC announced for E3.:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

lelandjs posted:

It's not quite that bad. It's not good, either, and I doubt it'll get any better (in an AMA the devs cited performance issues with Unity, which.. :rolleyes:) but I can see how it might be a dealbreaker. I will say, that sitting 12' back from my 55" TV (my usual gaming setup) I didn't really notice the texture issues much. Handheld it seems much worse because you're shoving the display right in front of your face.

Yeah, I've been debating buying it for 2 days now, as I usually play my Switch in handheld.
I have it on a beefy PC, but having a gimped version mobile is tempting.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

Too many. That's too many joys con

Not if you want to make a cool shooting range for your Labo RC-car.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Weird that Aces is the only game in that ad that hasn't come out yet.

Also strange seeing Mario Kart 8 in it considering that title isn't getting any support that we know about.

They also showed Captain Toad

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I heard Hyrule warriors has something like Chao Garden, is that true?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

I heard Hyrule warriors has something like Chao Garden, is that true?

You can raise fairy avatars but it’s not really like Chao.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I would probably enjoy Switch Minecraft if it didn't have such a small world size. I haven't actually played it but it sound so small.

I cut my teeth on Switch Minecraft, and I wouldn't say it felt small. For a short while I got into the whole "hunt down the hidden caves" thing, and it took a considerable amount of time to travel and track them down.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can raise fairy avatars but it’s not really like Chao.

lame. I don't understand why someone hasn't done something similar.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/994977792159764480

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Minit is fun and good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is fun as hell, definitely check out that network test if you're on the fence . Matches are really short and the inputs are extremely simple which I appreciate as someone who doesn't play fighting games much. Basically the way the Network Test works is that there's a demo in the eshop that normally just gives you access to like 4 characters in offline versus mode but from now til the 14th the whole roster is available and you can play in lobbies online. Minus the campaign and a ranked mode it's basically a free trial of the full game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

lame. I don't understand why someone hasn't done something similar.

The official Sonic Twitter has been having polls and tweets about Chao lately. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chao Garden returns in the next game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

SeANMcBAY posted:

The official Sonic Twitter has been having polls and tweets about Chao lately. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chao Garden returns in the next game.

It would be nice if it was a chao game with the bare minimum of sonic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How tf has Sega not done a free to play cash grab Chao Garden mobile game yet? You'd think that would make them bank

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Free chao garden mobile app, but you have to buy and play Sonic games to earn the power up items.

Edit: how do you pronounce "chao"? Is it like "chow" or is it like "chaos" without the "s" as in "kay-o"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's Kao but I'll never stop saying Chao.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Lodin posted:

It's Kao but I'll never stop saying Chao.
Cow?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Tropical Freeze has one of gaming's greatest original soundtracks. Good freaking gosh is it amazing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Tropical Freeze has one of gaming's greatest original soundtracks. Good freaking gosh is it amazing.

It really is. I love Wise’s DKC2 soundtrack but he topped it with this.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

David Wise is so freaking brillian

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

This is a possibility I hadn't considered.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you don't say it like 'chow' you a bitch

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
One Piece PW3 is great just for getting rid of the damned health condition for ranking. Instead, it’s a fun system involving your teammates leaping in at the end of combos to use some sort of combo finisher themselves.

If the story bugs you, just think of it as magical pirates combat. Pretty sure the only bits of story that have any impact are that one character, Sanji, can’t hurt women, and at a certain point in the game, several characters get some new or modified attacks.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it's Chow, and the plural is also Chow.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Wow. I didn't realize that BB Tag had super streamlined controls. I love this.

"Perfect for Switch!"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Brother Entropy posted:

if you don't say it like 'chow' you a bitch

Also you haven't even played the drat games because the announcer loving says "Welcome to the Chao Garden" when you enter the drat Chao Garden. And says it like "Chow".

I mean drat, how dumb you gotta be.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Speaking of Sonic, saw some Sonic Utopia gameplay footage recently and I'm kinda bummed that that isn't how Sonic in a 3D game plays. (And that a Sonic game like that will never be on the Switch.)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
didn't someone toxx themselves saying that MHXX's localization would never happen? Was that followed through already?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Got Immortal Redneck. It is good so far.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Just took apart my pro controller (my son spilled his apple juice on it)
I'd just like to say that I'm really glad Nintendo put regular Philips head screws in the controller.
Opening up and cleaning out was a breeze.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blade Strangers looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPU-JkJOpqk

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
aside from the crying baby from the poop game. That's not great.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

nerdz posted:

didn't someone toxx themselves saying that MHXX's localization would never happen? Was that followed through already?

They did Toxx but I think it was in an archived thread.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, after years of Nintendo's proprietary chargers, I am delighted the Switch uses the same kind of charger as my phone.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Try as I can fire emblem warriors just can’t captivate me as much as hyrule warriors did despite the more complex gameplay. It’s probably that at times it’s too unnecessarily complex, the characters are too immensely unlikeable and that despite the big cast there's only like 11 different playstyles while hw has like over 30

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Between this And Broforce, devolver is getting into the switch, which is awesome

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I hope that boob lady knows her nipple only armor is pretty much useless.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Calaveron posted:

Try as I can fire emblem warriors just can’t captivate me as much as hyrule warriors did despite the more complex gameplay. It’s probably that at times it’s too unnecessarily complex, the characters are too immensely unlikeable and that despite the big cast there's only like 11 different playstyles while hw has like over 30

That's fine. I myself find it to be reasonably engaging, with a likeable cast and mostly high-quality playstyles.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

YggiDee posted:

Also, after years of Nintendo's proprietary chargers, I am delighted the Switch uses the same kind of charger as my phone.

So just to be clear, it’s third party docks killing switches then?

Like I could use a phone charger with a reliable cord for travel charging and be aok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pug Rodeo posted:

I hope that boob lady knows her nipple only armor is pretty much useless.

it's called fashion, sweetie.

• Locked thread