Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pick posted:

Taxidermy

I guess you never have to worry about crackheads stealing a dead possum with glass eyeballs out of your car at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

LimburgLimbo posted:

It's like you're a loving high-spec dumb hot take making machine or something, gently caress.

Well if you didn't buy $3000 sunglasses it wouldn't have to be a rare trip.

There's no defending buying stupidly overpriced sunglasses unless you've got enough money that you entirely don't care about losing them. It's the stupidest bougie basic bitch bullshit I can imagine.

Haha yeah anyone that disagrees with you or has a different opinion on a story is doing a hot take, that has to be it.

I think it's ok for young people to buy luxury items that are not really practical, at 23, as they are exploring the world and their life.

And that it's ok to be annoyed that the other person they're with couldn't do the basic, normal thing of locking a car to help protect the luxury item.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah if you’ve got $3k to waste on glasses you have $3k to instantly replace them who cares

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Imagine if that guy wanted to break up, he'd just have had to steal the sunglasses and refuse to replace them. "Whoops" he says, free of his overbearing girlfriend, and $3000 richer.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Doggles posted:

My [26F] boyfriend [25M] saved a pair of women's underwear he found in his apartment building laundry room. I found them today hidden in his sunglasses case. Acceptable?
Yeah, he "found" them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clark Nova posted:

I guess you never have to worry about crackheads stealing a dead possum with glass eyeballs out of your car at least

Oh hell yes you do because done things are irreplaceable now. Someone steals my leopard and I can’t legally get another without establishing residency a different state where someone can legally sell one and is willing to. On the BM that motherfucker swamps some drat glasses.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

quote:

Do we get Tom to sleep with Holly so she doesn't feel left out?

this killed me lmfao

edit: poo poo sorry i'm like 5 pages behind. this was from the 'virginagain' story from yesterday

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Imagine if that guy wanted to break up, he'd just have had to steal the sunglasses and refuse to replace them. "Whoops" he says, free of his overbearing girlfriend, and $3000 richer.

I'm still in amazement at the "Oh sorry fiancee, I uploaded your nudes to a website, but don't worry I deleted them right away and now we have to break up for this horrible offense" dude

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Doggles posted:

Search term: sunglasses

My [24 F] boyfriend [32 M] of 2 years took a pair of my sunglasses without asking after I accidentally broke 2 pairs of his.

Me [25f] with my boyfriend of 2 years [24m] and I are having a bad argument over sunglasses.

My [26F] boyfriend [25M] saved a pair of women's underwear he found in his apartment building laundry room. I found them today hidden in his sunglasses case. Acceptable?

1. This is your own fault, buy new ones idiot

2. Boyfriend wants the sunglasses more, you are angry because you were going to steal the iPad and make it yours pretty much immediately and you don't want sunglasses, you're a huge bitch

3. No, how could that possibly be okay. Beat the man to death. You idiot, you loving moron

For sunglasses lady, they cost 3,000 loving dollars, if someone knew what the gently caress those were and saw them from the window it doesn't matter whether he locked the door or not

You realize locked cars aren't impenetrable fortresses, you can just hwuck a loving brick through the window

Barudak
May 7, 2007

[quote="Haifisch" post=""484004690"]
My [23F] boyfriend [25M] Is mad that I won’t give his unemployed mother money
[/quote]

The Wiggles really should release an album of songs with themes like “your boyfriend is a loser” because I dont think kids are getting enough education there

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Oh hell yes you do because done things are irreplaceable now. Someone steals my leopard and I can’t legally get another without establishing residency a different state where someone can legally sell one and is willing to. On the BM that motherfucker swamps some drat glasses.

Post the leopard.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

The Wiggles really should release an album of songs with themes like “your boyfriend is a loser” because I dont think kids are getting enough education there

The best part is him saying she's a Trump supporter for not wanting to specifically give him her cash, as he is a parody of what conservative dads think liberals are

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean trump certainly disapproves of giving money t that guy and his mom. huh. I do agree with him on something! America’s gonna be ok!! :buddy:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
And I thought I was dumb when I spent 200$ on sunglasses years ago.

I still wear them a lot in the summer and over the years I think the price was justified, but I'm still always worried that I'll forget them somewhere or scratch the lenses. I can't even imagine having 3000$ sunglasses unless you are super rich.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

I have a 2 year old niece who loves The Wiggles and this post makes me laugh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I’m actually not sure how to properly have my rare mounts appraised and insured now that all the state laws are stupid and don’t understand the federal regulations were apt and robust on the issue

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

I’m actually not sure how to properly have my rare mounts appraised and insured now that all the state laws are stupid and don’t understand the federal regulations were apt and robust on the issue

It's like guns but instead it's dead rodents.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Barudak posted:

Or maybe something like a more heavy-handed degrassi where they have someone regularly spell out how and why certain relationships are lovely in the show

Barudak
May 7, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

I have a 2 year old niece who loves The Wiggles and this post makes me laugh.

Its the song Dial E for Emma except you learn how to sign “sever”

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

You clearly haven't done any research, as googling trophy insurance brings up tons of results. I'm starting to think that this is all some gimmick to make everyone think you're some weirdo caricature from the show Portlandia.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Im wearing a pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses, legit ones and not knock offs. I bought them for two bucks at a garage sale in the Rich White People area. loving OWNED, 3k sunglasses bitch!!!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

Im wearing a pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses, legit ones and not knock offs. I bought them for two bucks at a garage sale in the Rich White People area. loving OWNED, 3k sunglasses bitch!!!

I bought a new pair of legit RL sunglasses too, and they were not even close to 3k.

I did get a pair of legit Gucci glasses for 60 bucks. They fell apart eventually, and Gucci wouldn't fix them. They offered me credit towards a new pair, but that'd have cost me a poo poo ton.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whistling Gypsy Rover is just an r/relationship post in song format.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I have a pair of generic prescription aviators for when I don't wanna wear contacts, and a pair of non-prescription Raybans when I do wanna wear contacts, neither cost more than a hundred bucks

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

Its the song Dial E for Emma except you learn how to sign “sever”

*2 year old makes scissor hands*

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I'm not picking on you here but I'm really confused by these posts

My understanding is that sometimes people watch movies at night, after dinner, when the light is fading, so they no longer need their sunglasses, and it's no longer hot in the car either :psyboom:

Carry on as you mean to continue. Do not make a habit of leaving something in the car if leaving it in the car ever can result in it becoming damaged. Especially with a small item like sunglasses where it's easy to forget when you don't mean to. To be coarse, treat them like you do a baby in a baby seat. Always check, even when you know.

Edit: holy poo poo, where'd this page come from?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
i spent 250 bucks on a pair of Otis sunglasses because they are basically the tank of sunglasses and I was tired of dropping and breaking mine on the hangar floor at work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

You clearly haven't done any research, as googling trophy insurance brings up tons of results. I'm starting to think that this is all some gimmick to make everyone think you're some weirdo caricature from the show Portlandia.

Oregon has specific state laws that pertain to wildlife items within its bounds. It was said to protect “endangered species” though most on the list weren’t fuckibg endangered, such as African leopards, which already can’t be sold across state lines. So it banned intrastate trade of leopard, where no leopard items could enter the state since 1973 anyway. It affected no one but vintage collectors.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
But as such there’s no market value

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I assume there’s a workaround since museums can insure stuff

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I spent $150 or so on a pair of Clubmasters because I figured I'd be less likely to lose or break something that represented an investment, and so far it's worked. Besides they're the shades the Panthers wore in all the old pictures.

I was curious so I did a little digging, and discovered that Lugano is a diamond manufacturer based in Aspen, CO. It's also a Metro stop in Milan. Lugano the Coloradoan diamond concern put out a range of extremely Paris Hilton diamond-encrusted sunglasses in 2010, but it appears to have been a limited-edition thing, and I'm not finding a Lugano retailer in Milan, by the Metro stop or otherwise. If the story is legit, I think baby girl done got rooked. (As did anyone who goes to loving Milan for spring break. That town is an ugly boring shithole.)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My sunglasses were pretty expensive because they had to be made like 4 inches thick to match the prescription I use for my weak baby eyes, but even they were only like a few hundred IIRC

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
The breakup is inevitable for this guy if he can't come up with a $50,000 engagement ring anyways so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

spite house posted:

I spent $150 or so on a pair of Clubmasters because I figured I'd be less likely to lose or break something that represented an investment, and so far it's worked. Besides they're the shades the Panthers wore in all the old pictures.

I was curious so I did a little digging, and discovered that Lugano is a diamond manufacturer based in Aspen, CO. It's also a Metro stop in Milan. Lugano the Coloradoan diamond concern put out a range of extremely Paris Hilton diamond-encrusted sunglasses in 2010, but it appears to have been a limited-edition thing, and I'm not finding a Lugano retailer in Milan, by the Metro stop or otherwise. If the story is legit, I think baby girl done got rooked. (As did anyone who goes to loving Milan for spring break. That town is an ugly boring shithole.)

Yeah I was gonna say, I did a 5 second look on google for "Lugano sunglasses" and the only result I got were some Michael Kors ones for like, $150 and no supposed Milan retailer that sold anything of the sort.

She done got got

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yall ignoring possibility its not worth 3,000 and shes just trying to squeze him for it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How much for a Lugano abortion

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Is that the one where you just pepper the fetus with little diamonds through an endoscope?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My (18M) potential GF (19F) demands that i let her lose her virginity to someone else before she'll officially become my GF.

quote:

We met roughly two years ago and hit it off fairly well but for various reasons we didn't really see much of each other regularly until a month or so before Christmas. Until then we'd mostly had occasional chats over Facebook and when we'd bump into each other. When we realised that we had compatible time tables we'd meet up at least once a week (sometimes more often), we'd talk about a lot of stuff, do personality tests, get lunch and just generic stuff. It's worth mentioning that we have very similar personalities, we're both independent people, we're the type to likes to be in control and we also care a lot about other people.

We soon started gaming together regularly several months ago and that led to us talking pretty much every other day, then we started calling each other just for the fun of it and it's got to the point where we spent at least 3-5 hours each day talking to each other IRL or over the phone (and at this point we don't even play video games together anymore, we just talk).

A month or two after we started hanging out regularly i asked her out on a date (although to be fair i didn't call it at date when i asked her) and we went to the cinema and did some shopping. Before we went to the cinema i made a joke about her being on a date, she asked if thats what "this" was and i said yes, and she agreed, she even said that it was a good date at the end of the day. A few days afterwards she changed her mind and said that it wasn't a date. She told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship. I wasn't too emotionally invested by that point (bear in mind, i'd only really been speaking with her frequently for 2-3 months).

About a month after that we starting calling each other more often, she started coming over to my house (fyi i've never allowed anyone in my house before, so this is fairly significant for me) and this was around the time where i started to get emotionally attached. At first i left it alone, but it seemed like she was starting to change her mind about dating. This is where it got to the point where we were talking about 3-5 hours a day. Sometimes we'd stay up all night talking to each other, we'd sometimes sleep with the phone left on (she's got unlimited calls) because she's comforted when she knows there's "someone on the other side". When she came over to mine she would get fairly physical (just playful stuff like tickling). This culminated about a month ago when we were at my house alone. As soon as we started watching a movie she started getting very cuddly, we ended up kissing and then going upstairs. We didn't have sex but we did strip and kissed/groped one another, left hickies, etc.

Afterward this she changed her mind about dating, and we started seriously discussing the idea. A few days ago she admitted that she really liked me, and wanted a relationship in the future. At first she was insistent on an open/poly relationship, which i wasn't entirely comfortable with and i talked to her if we could have boundaries/rules, and she agreed. She said that i had to tell her about who i'm sleeping with so that she knows what's going on, which i thought was reasonable. I told her that i didn't want her sleeping with guys that i know unless i'm ok with it, and i'd do the same for her (i.e i wouldn't sleep with girls that she knows and doesn't approve of). At this point she moaned about me being to restrictive and switched to saying that we should just have a closed relationship (which i preferred).

However, now the area of disagreement is over whether she can sleep with people now. I was a virgin until shortly after she rejected me the first time (after the cinema visit), where i had a brief but unsuccessful relationship with someone else (and we had sex), and hooked up with a friend of mine. On the other hand she is still a virgin. Now she's demanding that i let her sleep with someone before we start dating so she can lose her virginity to them (she's not been specific about the person, she's insisted that she doesn't have anyone in mind but i'm not entirely sure). I don't like this idea, because it feels like it's a cheap way of her getting around the fact that she's now changed her mind and wants a closed relationship. Plus, i think that when you're "courting" someone it's wrong to sleep with someone else, this have come up in the past with friends of mine and they've stopped talking to girls if they start fooling around with other guys while they're "talking" to my friends.

Last night i gave her an ultimatum (which i probably shouldn't have, but it was 1am). I told her that i'm not going to budge on this point, and if she wants to sleep with someone else before we start dating then that's fine but then i'm not going to have a relationship with her if she does. She was really difficult when i said this, she sounds like she wants to do it but doesn't want to risk losing a relationship with me. Honestly, from my perspective it looks like she's just trying to get even for the fact that i didn't wait around after she rejected me the first time around. This morning she said that i was being controlling.

I feel like i'm being reasonable, but am i? Or am i actually just being controlling and i should let her do it? I'd like some advice please.

tl'dr: This girl that i have a lot in common with and likes me back at first demanded an open relationship. When i added some boundaries onto our potential open relationship she decided that she wants a closed relationship, but demands to be allowed to sleep with someone before she will officially become my girlfriend because she's a virgin and i lost my virginity to someone else.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Barudak posted:

Yall ignoring possibility its not worth 3,000 and shes just trying to squeze him for it.
Could be, but I think it's very likely that she's the kind of dizzy broad who thinks Milan is a desirable vacation spot because FASHION, and is therefore exactly the kind of tourist who gets fleeced by Milanese fake-luxury-goods hucksters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

fruit on the bottom posted:

My (18M) potential GF (19F) demands that i let her lose her virginity to someone else before she'll officially become my GF.

She is trying to get back at you, is overall kind of lovely, and you are 18

Even if she says she wants to be with you at the exclusion of other people, break up with her