Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

white sauce posted:

so what are they?

I'm not sure I understand the question. They're leather jackets? :confused:

If you mean the brand name, they're no-brand, made locally in the shop I bought them from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Are they for wearing on a motorbike, looking cool like The Fonz at the malt shop or an essential part of an S&M lifestyle?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yes.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:thumbsup:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Fonzie was definitely into kinky sex stuff

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Fonzie was definitely into kinky sex stuff

I disagree: I think he was probably very vanilla.

Ralph Malph on the other hand....

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

I'm selling I've bought these fine leather jackets.

Splurged a bit, since I'm on a business trip where there's a good local production of leather and a local friend brought me to a good, non-touristy shop.

They weren't cheap, but they'll serve me for some time and I'd have paid thrice the price for these back home.
Are you Jensen Huang?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

mobby_6kl posted:

Are you Jensen Huang?

No but judging by the size of the bed and those jackets he is a very large son

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought some new jaffa cakes and they're pretty drat good.

(Pihlaja means rowan but I highly doubt there's any rowan berries in the marmalade.)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love Jaffa cakes with my whole heart and it makes me sad that I can’t buy them anywhere but online.

Same with Twiglets tbh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I love Jaffa cakes with my whole heart and it makes me sad that I can’t buy them anywhere but online.

Same with Twiglets tbh.

Doesn't every country have their own brands? Jaffa isn't trademarked. (Granted, some of the German ones I've tasted are absolutely horrible because they're way too sweet.)

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I bought this muscle shirt (in t-shirt form) and a pair of tickets to see my woeful baseball team (the blue jays)

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Jerry Cotton posted:

(Pihlaja means rowan but I highly doubt there's any rowan berries in the marmalade.)

Yes! My man. The Vihreät kuulat version is also good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Yes! My man. The Vihreät kuulat version is also good.

Sure if you like Vihreät kuulat :barf:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks to the Toronto LAN thread, I bought a hammock.

Also a 2TB SSD because my 500MB M.2 can’t support my Steam addiction.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'll never understand how there wasn't a cross promotion with SG-1

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
eBay purchase: new dress for summer conference

(I went on a fabulous vintage clothing shopping spree back in April; undecided about posting my haul).

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Sentient Data posted:

I'll never understand how there wasn't a cross promotion with SG-1

Holy poo poo that would be perfect.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ms Boods posted:

(I went on a fabulous vintage clothing shopping spree back in April; undecided about posting my haul).

This is a very good dress!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

This is a very good dress!

It's from ModCloth, and still available, apparently -- they're based in the US, so I had a poke 'round UK eBay because, looking at the reviews, the sizes are all over the shop (seems to be the biggest complaint/risk from reviewers -- I got the eBay seller kindly to measure the dress for me before I hit the BIN). This one is a 'Large' but fits a UK 10. I've got to do a smidge of tailoring on it, but other than that, it fits me great.

Each one of the 'news items' actually has a little story to it, and the print isn't overly repetitive, so there are a lot of them! :3:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Ms Boods posted:

Each one of the 'news items' actually has a little story to it, and the print isn't overly repetitive, so there are a lot of them! :3:

Isn't there a danger of colleagues staring at your boobs and bum - not for creepy reasons, but because of an interesting news story there?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

spog posted:

Isn't there a danger of colleagues staring at your boobs and bum - not for creepy reasons, but because of an interesting news story there?

Hahaha but no really what do you think Yoshi's eggs smell like, I'm just wondering hahaha

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Not long ago I bought a ring. It is uniquely handcrafted by someone I know, and I plan to offer it tomorrow to the woman I will propose to.

I hope she says yes. We just bought a house together so the risk she doesn't is probably limited.

Follow-up purchase of the above.

My fiancée got me to choose a watch for the wedding so not technically my purchase but I chose this watch:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control 39mm Date

I'll probably get a brown strap for it too.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ms Boods posted:

How legible is the text? I have a friend who I think would love that but she would be very fussy if you couldn’t read all of that print.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

bongwizzard posted:

How legible is the text? I have a friend who I think would love that but she would be very fussy if you couldn’t read all of that print.

I don't think your friend is fun enough to wear that dress.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

evobatman posted:

I don't think your friend is fun enough to wear that dress.

She reasonably fun, but like I said fussy. To be honest I would be a little fussy about a text-print dress where I couldn’t read the text either

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought some art (prints) for a new, slightly more modern apartment. I don’t know art or what’s considered generic doctors office art but I like Leonid Afremov so thats what I got. Not my pics or my apartment, but these are the prints and sizes I got.

Also note that measuring, hanging and leveling 3 piece canvases is a bitch.

The second one is hands down my favorite. I think I have a thing for rain and bright colors.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

It's all legible.

If you click here

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/start-spreading-the-mews-a-line-dress/56780.html

one of the images shows you the fabric close up.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Ms Boods posted:

It's all legible.

If you click here

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/start-spreading-the-mews-a-line-dress/56780.html

one of the images shows you the fabric close up.

Cool! I’m on my phone and couldn’t tell. Does the sizing seem accurate?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Rolo posted:

I bought some art (prints) for a new, slightly more modern apartment. I don’t know art or what’s considered generic doctors office art but I like Leonid Afremov so thats what I got. Not my pics or my apartment, but these are the prints and sizes I got.

The second one is hands down my favorite. I think I have a thing for rain and bright colors.

Link?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

Cool! I’m on my phone and couldn’t tell. Does the sizing seem accurate?

Dunno where you are (I'm in the UK), but the L I have fits me really well, and I'm a UK 10. The fabric doesn't stretch; it's 100% cotton. If you're in the US, it'd probably be easier to order and return for a better size; it's a right faff for me, hence looking on ebay. Measured flat, the L waist is very slightly over 14 inches. Widest part of bust underarms is 17 inches. From the shoulder seam to waist is 15.5 inches. Waist to hem is 20 inches. I've got to take in the top a wee bit as I've got a small bust, but it just means re-stitching the shoulder hems a bit.

The reviews on the site are useless, as half rave about the dresses being true to size, and the other half complaining that the sizing is way off. There should be a sizing chart on the site page, tho.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

I have never ever ever identified more with a post on SA ever.

gently caress that noise.

I have to do it again soon because the print would look better in another room :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rolo posted:

ZeusCannon posted:

I have never ever ever identified more with a post on SA ever.

gently caress that noise.

I have to do it again soon because the print would look better in another room :(

Use tracing paper. Cut it to the size of your piece, lay it on the back and pencil in the mounting points, and then tape it to your wall. Do all of your leveling now. Nail/drill/whatever right through the paper. Hang your piece over it, and when you are happy with everything, tear the paper out from behind it. Or forget it's there and have it available for next time. For a 3-piece you could either do 3 sheets or tape a bunch of them together and frame it out on your floor.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

You may find better searching around, but I got them from https://www.icanvas.com. They have sales all the time and I snagged both shipped for pretty cheap. Made in the USA, the wood construction is ok and the print quality is better than expected. I didn’t want to spend a ton for apartment art that may get damaged when I eventually move into a house.

https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-print/rains-rustle-ii-lea64#3PC3-60x40
https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-print/summer-downpour-lea83#1PC3-26x18

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Follow-up purchase of the above.

My fiancée got me to choose a watch for the wedding so not technically my purchase but I chose this watch:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control 39mm Date

I'll probably get a brown strap for it too.
Not the moon watch, 3/10.

J/k that's pretty drat awesome and definitely one of the nicest Masters!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This bad boy right here.

It's a laser gun. It shoots lasers. Into your face. To kill hair.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Isn't that how Superman shaves or something?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I thought it was one of those air based clit stimulators.

I mean I guess it could be.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Nice.
I got this one a couple of years back, not a print, but an actual canvas painting (28x35")from the Afremov site. Had to stretch it on a frame myself, but that's fairly easy.

Yeah, they are most likely mass produced by his students, but it looks nice, was $80 including shipping from Mexico to Germany, so what.

mcbexx has a new favorite as of 22:33 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

mcbexx posted:

Nice.
I got this one a couple of years back, not a print, but an actual painting from the Afremov site.
Yeah, they are most likely mass produced by his students, but it looks nice, was $80 including shipping from Mexico to Germany, so what.

I never would have thought I’d be able to get more than a print for what he’s charging.

Bye, money.