Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Shedding a tear to all the people who got Ronan for their mega orb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

50 Winter Soldier. I honestly have no idea if that's good or not.

It is, he's rad as gently caress.

Zachack posted:

50 Korath. Yay?

invest blue shards into his 3rd ability. The first blue upgrade is like 150% dmg and it's pretty rad what a difference it makes.

To add... Yaya... 50 punisher shards...

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Zachack posted:

50 Korath. Yay?

Korath is rad. Dude's got a pretty decent set of utility, does great damage, and has a fantastic passive.
The only reason that he's not on my A-team is because Gamora exists (though, I do like pairing the two up to steamroll through easy raid nodes).

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I got 50 Punisher, which I'm okay with. Only 3 shards from his next rank, now.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
100 Thor. Pretty happy about that.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Please don't boot me from Great Lakes Goon Squad, my tablet won't boot. In as borneo_man.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

an adult beverage posted:

Shedding a tear to all the people who got Ronan for their mega orb
Hi, it's me. When I was about to open it I thought, "please, literally anyone but Ronan".

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
To the dude who got winter soldier, that's actually good. His super punch is ready on turn 1 and shuts down healing, it's great if you have a specific dude you need focused down. WS and Wolverine trade back and forth for my A team slot.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I got Korath with my 50 shards. Guess I had best build an all Kree team.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Got Korath too, what's the consensus?

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Korath is dope, very fast. He's got a move that can apply taunt so you can single out characters for your team to focus on. His ultimate ends up with a 450%+ dmg modifier plus heal block. He also self hastes when anyone on your team gets a kill. He's been doing serious work in the cosmic story for me.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
50 Jessica Jones. Pretty disappointed. I can't really complain tho, I've been playing casually since the beta started and I didn't put a single $ in it. The only characters I don't have are the ones you can't get without Luck or blitz. I'm missing Ironman (got pretty far in his event, but I still don't have a 5* Shield team), Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Vision. And of course Ultimus which I don't know how many people actually got him.

The one I'm looking forward to the most is Nick Fury. He would fit great with my A team of Captain A, Black Widow, Quake, Thor and Night Nurse. I don't know if I'll kick NN or Thor for him tho.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The 100 gamgam shards I got allowed me to 7* her with some extras, so now I am at 400/2000 for my first Ultimus orb. I can’t see myself intentionally farming more Gamora shards for those orbs though since it’s an insane grind to get Ultimus and he isn’t a complete game changer or anything, even though he is strong.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I got 50 xbones shards. I should be able to take him to 6* on Sunday. Hopefully he's enough to intimidate my opponents from attacking me in my weak as gently caress arena league.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MarcusSA posted:

They gave out a mega orb which gives a poo poo load of shards for a main character.

Hammerstein posted:

The whale taketh and the whale giveth.....

You assholes.

I got 100 Daredevil, so I could have done much worse.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

50 Electra.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

You assholes.

I got 100 Daredevil, so I could have done much worse.

Well yeah but I aint got no drat gold to level this dude. Really can't wait to hit 60 already. (just hit 57 today)

Also looks like my lady Gamora is gonna be my first 7* got her to 6 a few days ago and shes for sure my all star.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
50 Quake! She's halfway to 4* now.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

popewiles posted:

Please don't boot me from Great Lakes Goon Squad, my tablet won't boot. In as borneo_man.

Oh no! Don’t worry my man, you’re safe - thanks for telling me

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Oh no! Don’t worry my man, you’re safe - thanks for telling me

Thanks, I got it working again this morning but I was worried it was bricked last night.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So Vision's move set looks directly ripped off from Avengers Alliance.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't understand the logic of making Nebula part of not one, but two bundles when we just had a Nebula blitz and she's currently the month's daily login bonus.

Maybe the mistake is thinking there is supposed to be logic in this

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Away all Goats posted:

I don't understand the logic of making Nebula part of not one, but two bundles when we just had a Nebula blitz and she's currently the month's daily login bonus.

Maybe the mistake is thinking there is supposed to be logic in this

What if you just need those extra shards to get up to 6 or 7 stars? How else would you ever get them?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What if you just need those extra shards to get up to 6 or 7 stars? How else would you ever get them?

Nebula shards can be farmed from the campaign

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

One of the new features coming up will likely require cosmic. Maybe Loki? That's the only thing I can think of.

The new mega orbs are truly great. It allows people to see a big chunk of progress towards a premium character once or twice a week. Ya you can't direct the effort like placing top 500 and winning 100 strange or vision shards, but there were a lot of people that got access to Black Widow, Korath, etc yesterday. A ton of new options opened up for most players. Definitely a good move by the devs imo.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Zotix posted:

The new mega orbs are truly great. It allows people to see a big chunk of progress towards a premium character once or twice a week. Ya you can't direct the effort like placing top 500 and winning 100 strange or vision shards, but there were a lot of people that got access to Black Widow, Korath, etc yesterday. A ton of new options opened up for most players. Definitely a good move by the devs imo.

Are the new orbs sticking around? I thought they were just going to be for the Vision event and then go away.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

FoxNext posted:

Mega Orb Fragments will later be available in different locations throughout the game. You can start earning them in this weekend’s Vision Blitz!

It looks like they'll stick around but I can't tell where else they'd be able to shove these things... Arena? An event maybe... maybe a Sunday only challenge.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

they are currently slotted in as a consolation prize for the blitzes that only pay put character shards to top 500, and i am all about that. would make those blitzes less of a kick in the nuts for normies

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Nebula shards can be farmed from the campaign

lmfao, who farms her from hard nodes? who I ask, who?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The thing is, unless you are a real whale, gently caress the character blitzes that rely on the top 500. Get your premium orbs from the orb blitz, and get your mega orbs from not hitting top 500. Stars on everything is good. If you are going to go all in on a blitz make it the orb blitz. Orb blitz gives you like 8 premium pulls. That's a gently caress ton of shards. So what if they are minions. You need shield minions for the iron man event, and I'm sure they have many other similar events that will require starred up minions. Going in on orb blitz is like 100 character shards, and getting top 10% on the two character blitz is at the very minimum 100 hero/ villain shards, with the possibility of it being 200 weekly if you are very lucky.

Your other option is going in hard to get a hard to get character that will be stuck at 3* for a long time.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Mega Orbs will also mean people will take part in the Orb Assault Blitzs.

As for Nebula a rumour as to why they are pushing her is some upcoming Event that will require her at 5 stars for a reward.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

The thing is, unless you are a real whale, gently caress the character blitzes that rely on the top 500. Get your premium orbs from the orb blitz, and get your mega orbs from not hitting top 500. Stars on everything is good. If you are going to go all in on a blitz make it the orb blitz. Orb blitz gives you like 8 premium pulls. That's a gently caress ton of shards. So what if they are minions. You need shield minions for the iron man event, and I'm sure they have many other similar events that will require starred up minions. Going in on orb blitz is like 100 character shards, and getting top 10% on the two character blitz is at the very minimum 100 hero/ villain shards, with the possibility of it being 200 weekly if you are very lucky.

Your other option is going in hard to get a hard to get character that will be stuck at 3* for a long time.

I can't wait for the next character blitz with a mediocre reward leading to tons of theorycrafting of where to finish to guarantee top 1-10% and not getting into the top 500 lol.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

The Mega Orbs will also mean people will take part in the Orb Assault Blitzs.

As for Nebula a rumour as to why they are pushing her is some upcoming Event that will require her at 5 stars for a reward.

I don't think it'll require her specifically, but she has tags that make her useful for it and she's pretty accessible anyway. Like it could be starlord, groot, or Loki. All of those are cosmic characters and she is cosmic.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Zotix posted:

I don't think it'll require her specifically, but she has tags that make her useful for it and she's pretty accessible anyway. Like it could be starlord, groot, or Loki. All of those are cosmic characters and she is cosmic.

And a villain, too! She can cover a lot of bases, which I guess is why she isn’t super powerful since otherwise people would just be rolling out with her in most situations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Chilichimp posted:

lmfao, who farms her from hard nodes? who I ask, who?

Me cause I like her character even though she is garbage tier

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I also like Nebula, and Kree Walmart Greeter

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Nebula doesn't really come into her own until she's got her skills leveled pretty high. But at that point she can stack evades, counters and speed ups incredibly high. I had mine 1v1 thanos in the raid when my team sucked an aoe off the start of the match.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Side eying the Mothers Day gift of some Jessica Jones shards

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

zeroskippy posted:

Nebula doesn't really come into her own until she's got her skills leveled pretty high. But at that point she can stack evades, counters and speed ups incredibly high. I had mine 1v1 thanos in the raid when my team sucked an aoe off the start of the match.

I’ve seen a few people say something like this. When you’re talking about “leveled pretty high” can you be more clear? I’ve been on the fence about bringing her up, but I need another villain and am debating her or Thor for the cosmic team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Thor is worth it because he's a blaster... And that blaster challenge is BS. So you will need him

• Locked thread