Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
So my gang has a habit of panicking and committing huge arson.

maybe not panicking but like, overcorrecting when it comes to leaving evidence around? Either way us players are building a DM screen for the DM, and decided on wood burning for the art. we're also going to torch the non-burned stuff to weather it a little bit and darken the pine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Azathoth
Jul 28, 2006
Dia ad aghaidh's ad aodaun... agus bas dunarch ort! Dhonas 's dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl unl... rrlh ... chchch...
I do think the air in the deathlands is supposed to be literally toxic, at least in places. The Hound's Survivor ability says "From hard won experience or occult ritual, you are immune to the poisonous miasma of the deathlands and are able to subsist on the strange flora and fauna there."

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

spectralent posted:

3. Reading, there's no public recourse to governance at all, is there? This is partly from the Radicals playbook, but having a friend on the council means you've swayed/blackmailed a noble family; there's no way of getting one of "your guys" on the council?

In my head-canon, there are these things called the Elector Deeds. A long time ago the right to select members to the Council (or maybe a different political group which has been totally forgotten) was delegated to specific important families, as signified by their physical domiciles. All written up on parchment, formal-like. The people who own these plots of land get to select the members. What could go wrong?

Now a long time later probably most of those homes are still owned by significant people, maybe? Are there just a few which have been converted into tenements because that district got overrun by working poor? Or -- oh hey Six Towers explicitly says it went through a change from prestigious to squatters. This could be a problem.

In Score 1 on page 205 of the rulebook, substitute "unimportant stash of old papers" for "war treasury." That's the record of the Elector Deeds. The rival has no idea what they have, it's just some old crap, you know how it is. Melchior needed rolling papers. I'm pretty sure you could seed a whole campaign out of this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The book mentions that sessions can last two to six hours. I'd prefer a session close to 2 or 2.5 hours max cause we've all got poo poo to do - is this doable, or should I split the difference and expect 4 hours?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 24, 2018

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Short sessions are totally doable, each heist-downtime cycle isn’t super long so you can just do less of them.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

The book mentions that sessions can last two to six hours. I'd prefer a session close to 2 or 2.5 hours max cause we've all got poo poo to do - is this doable, or should I split the difference and expect 4 hours?

i've been running both Blades and Scum and Villainy, sticking close to 3 hour sessions. we usually get in a score plus all the setting up and roleplaying. we then do downtime at the start of the next session when we can. we've had scores go on for multiple sessions, but that's been pretty rare

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Good to know...I’m sure I can finagle it into 2.5 max somehow, but I bet it’ll run over anyway. :v: I really like how this game sounds so far, still working through the book but it’s a very interesting setting.

I was wondering, how hard would it be to adapt other settings to the game? e.g. if I stitched in a score in Ravenloft or something. I don’t know how porting works in PBTA games, unfortunately...

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Good to know...I’m sure I can finagle it into 2.5 max somehow, but I bet it’ll run over anyway. :v: I really like how this game sounds so far, still working through the book but it’s a very interesting setting.

I was wondering, how hard would it be to adapt other settings to the game? e.g. if I stitched in a score in Ravenloft or something. I don’t know how porting works in PBTA games, unfortunately...

as another note, 2.5 hours is totally doable. my first sessions in both games took 3 hours mostly because we're online, so that adds a little delay, and because we were all new to the system. several sessions deep, people hit their stride and things start to become a lot more natural and it flows much better. so give it a couple sessions and see how much faster things move

as for adapting the game to other settings, that can be as little or as much work as you want it to be. the further you deviate from the base setting, the more you'll have to squint to get some of the base actions and items to fit with the new fiction. ravenloft shouldn't be too bad, though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

For what it's worth, when I ran Blades in the Dark, my sessions tended to be around 2.5-3 hours or so.

Pollyanna posted:

This depends on how much you want the game to reflect the new setting.

If you want your players to play criminals doing heists in Ravenloft, maybe with other gangs and organizations competing for turf in one way or another, you could probably adapt Blades in the Dark by just replacing the names of items, types of people, groups, and places with things that make sense in Ravenloft. But if you want to use the base system to play dungeon crawls or something, you have a lot more work to do. If you read through the actions, all the downtime rules, and the kinds of items and special moves each playbook has, it's all really focused on heists and managing downtime in the criminal underworld. Trying to go beyond that is going to require a different set of actions, new playbooks and special moves, and probably different downtime rules.

That said, there's already a hack for playing dark fantasy dungeon crawls with the Blades in the Dark system, called Blades Against Darkness, that would be a decent place to start if that's something you want to do at some point.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmm, I was thinking more of running a heist on Castle Ravenloft in a Persona 5 or maybe even Lupin-style. I really like the idea of a bunch of hardened, gritty thieves and scoundrels straight out of Bloodborne doing some crazy poo poo in one of the more brutal D&D settings. Imagine Castlevania + Thief. If I wanted to heavily alter it, I could even make it a sort of long-running thing, where the aim is to eventually ransack the whole of the Castle over a few scores...but then that’d be wildly different from the original game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Hmm, I was thinking more of running a heist on Castle Ravenloft in a Persona 5 or maybe even Lupin-style. I really like the idea of a bunch of hardened, gritty thieves and scoundrels straight out of Bloodborne doing some crazy poo poo in one of the more brutal D&D settings. Imagine Castlevania + Thief. If I wanted to heavily alter it, I could even make it a sort of long-running thing, where the aim is to eventually ransack the whole of the Castle over a few scores...but then that’d be wildly different from the original game.

this does sound a lot closer to Blades Against Darkness, which is actually available to read for free right now in its alpha form. i've read it through a couple times and it is definitely the next hack i want to run

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I figure I’ll get used to the original before trying to run a hack, but maybe in the future I’ll try hacking and slashing. Secret wall chicken treasure tho :3:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Another player in my BitD group is finding that his character isn't in keeping with his playbook (Whisper). Someone else in the group mentioned that there was an Artist playbook around. Does anyone have information on a playbook for an artist (or artistic character)? I don't mind if its official or not.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Tonight's session opened with punching out a gardener, ended with releasing a very angry possessor spirit into one of Duskwall's fanciest neighbourhoods, and in between featured the lurk fighting two large men while the cutter sneaked into bedrooms, sharing a dumb waiter with a roast turkey, a message in the form of a dead crow, tripping over a footstool in the dark and crashing into a mirror, and kidnapping a very important dog.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I figure I’ll get used to the original before trying to run a hack, but maybe in the future I’ll try hacking and slashing. Secret wall chicken treasure tho :3:

Yeah, definitely run it a few times first. I've tried to hack systems I hadn't played yet before and it has never actually worked out :v:

One tip I'd offer for running Blades is not to plan too much detail ahead of time. Be ready to improvise. The system works best when the players drive the narrative as much as possible--you'll need to give them a goal or two to start out, but eventually they should have their own goals and aspirations and reasons to do heists.

I think as a new GM, the hardest thing for me to learn was how to avoid planning stories and instead focus my planning on creating situations that are ripe for players to have adventures in, then prepare tools that would help me to improvise when needed. I tried for a long time to plan in a lot of detail and treat my games as a video game-style branching narrative and it took a ton of time and wasn't all that rewarding.

Also, read the section on pre-heist planning and flashbacks several times and make sure your players know that flashbacks are a core system. If your players are anything like mine, they're gonna want to plan in a lot of detail before a heist, and you might be tempted to join in and just riff for a while, play out all the pre-heist planning, etc. But if you play the system as-written, you and the players will come up with a goal for the heist, a setting, and a very basic method, and then just go. If at any point a player wishes they'd had an opportunity to plan ahead for an eventuality, or case the joint, things like that, that's when you pull out a flashback. The player gets to say "I planned for this all along!" and you all get to play out exactly how they did so before returning back to the action. It's an awesome system and a ton of fun when players really lean into it.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Pollyanna posted:

Coincidentally, our very own Flavivirus is supposedly working on an expansion titled Rhapsody of Blood for the second edition of his Legacy game (PbtA isn't Blades in the Dark, but close enough) which sounds extremely close to that premise.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Foglet posted:

Coincidentally, our very own Flavivirus is supposedly working on an expansion titled Rhapsody of Blood for the second edition of his Legacy game (PbtA isn't Blades in the Dark, but close enough) which sounds extremely close to that premise.

Yup, Rhapsody should be out pretty soon - it's going to the printers in a few days. It's a pretty barebones book at about 60-something pages, but I've had a lot of fun with it.
I have plans for expanding it into a modern P5-style setting where the gothic evil castle is invading the corners and alleys of a city and people on the fringes have to band together and stop it, though that's a ways off. I'm actually bringing in more Blades ideas for that one, to help manage the downtime between castle raids where you maintain your social links, get rid of stress and try to keep your job/avoid expulsion from school/stave off debt collectors.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hot diggity poo poo, that is a baller RPG! I am really interested in that expansion and I’d love to try playing it when it’s ready.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Pollyanna posted:

Hot diggity poo poo, that is a baller RPG! I am really interested in that expansion and I’d love to try playing it when it’s ready.
JoJostlevania is indeed a void in my tabletop heart in desperate need of filling.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Flavivirus posted:

Yup, Rhapsody should be out pretty soon - it's going to the printers in a few days. It's a pretty barebones book at about 60-something pages, but I've had a lot of fun with it.
I have plans for expanding it into a modern P5-style setting where the gothic evil castle is invading the corners and alleys of a city and people on the fringes have to band together and stop it, though that's a ways off. I'm actually bringing in more Blades ideas for that one, to help manage the downtime between castle raids where you maintain your social links, get rid of stress and try to keep your job/avoid expulsion from school/stave off debt collectors.

You have my attention, and eventually my money.

Edit: hell, thinking about it, Persona is a great match for PbtA, and I'm honestly kind of surprised it hasn't been done.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Flavivirus posted:

Well that sounds sick as hell.

Tsilkani posted:

You have my attention, and eventually my money.

Edit: hell, thinking about it, Persona is a great match for PbtA, and I'm honestly kind of surprised it hasn't been done.

I took some half-hearted stabs at a Persona TTRPG while back but at the time I couldn't get over a desire for some more "game-y" combat mechanics, so I resisted going PbtA-style with it. That might be an idea worth revisiting at some point.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Copperhead County just got into Early Access.

I've read the beta version of the game, and it looks pretty cool. Basically this hack is about playing as modern day criminals pulling off heists and building a reputation in a fictionalized Tennessee county, but it can be used for games all over the New South or really any rural area in modern America. It has 6 playbooks and 3 crew types, all of which are pretty interesting, and it has modified rules for relieving stress that are tied into the amount of cash you can spend and lowered action rating maxes to 3 for a grittier feel. Also the richer you get the more heat you pull down from the feds, so you have to be careful about how you amass and spend cash. Overall it's a neat little hack and costs $10 to get in on the EA version (but the beta rules are still free and are pretty darn complete), with that also getting you the full version when it releases.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Serf posted:

I've read the beta version of the game, and it looks pretty cool. Basically this hack is about playing as modern day criminals pulling off heists and building a reputation in a fictionalized Tennessee county, but it can be used for games all over the New South or really any rural area in modern America. It has 6 playbooks and 3 crew types, all of which are pretty interesting, and it has modified rules for relieving stress that are tied into the amount of cash you can spend and lowered action rating maxes to 3 for a grittier feel. Also the richer you get the more heat you pull down from the feds, so you have to be careful about how you amass and spend cash. Overall it's a neat little hack and costs $10 to get in on the EA version (but the beta rules are still free and are pretty darn complete), with that also getting you the full version when it releases.

growing up in a rural area will finally be good for something . . . on a much, much smaller scale than I ever imagined

Bad Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2004

oh my is nothing sacred

Serf posted:

Hey thanks! I made this. There was a free version online for a couple of weeks but it isn't available anymore; now there is only EA (which has all the content from that free PDF + a bunch more stuff + future updates), although you can download the playbooks for free.

Copperhead County is about empire-building and the interaction between organized crime and public corruption in a small pond. It's also about the South and perhaps even, in a larger sense, about America..? The Claims map is redone to focus on expanding your criminal empire and to eventually establish ways of long-term survival through money-laundering and co-option of the police and government. You can rob or deal or rig elections or do a bunch of stuff (my current campaign is about criminal brothers who took over a drug ring and are trying to get the older brother's wife elected County Trustee while also fighting a militia who are backing another candidate). There's also a stand-alone module where you rob a Best Buy. The game is more or less done, mechanics-wise, and has been in development for a long time; the EA period is to finish up setting writing and boring mechanical writing for a stand-alone book.

Bad Lieutenant fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 1, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The fact that this is basically Justified: the RPG means that it's going to be a definite purchase for me.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Did that Leviathan Song expansion by Walton ever come out? I really loved his Dungeon World stuff and I'd like to see more from him.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Did that Leviathan Song expansion by Walton ever come out? I really loved his Dungeon World stuff and I'd like to see more from him.
Not much came out yet. Most of the promised supplement and alternate setting stuff is in the works or in the plans, the nearest being a full release of "Scum and Villainy" in... June, probably?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

The update from January 2018 said that a playtest was planned for this summer, but a playtest draft was also promised in August 2017 sooo :shrug:

John posted in the comments today that every stretch goal he was personally working on (Ghost Lines, Null Vector, and Blades of Jhereg) would certainly come out eventually, and he'd work to find replacements on any that fail to produce but :shrug: :shrug:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There’s gotta be a limit to what he can do, it’s just too much.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pollyanna posted:

Two downtime actions just like everyone else.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Two downtime actions just like everyone else.

He got enough Coin from the Kickstarter heist that he could buy some extra downtime actions if he needs.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pollyanna posted:

There is a limit, yes. Which I assume is why the majority of the stretch goal hacks are being worked on by other people. The discontent people are expressing is probably from disappointment that a lot of the promised stretch goals have had basically no news for years. I'm phone posting rn but when I looked at the January update last night there were quite a few where the only news John could offer was "in development" or "waiting on response". I can get how you'd be annoyed if you backed the project because a particular hack had a pitch you liked, then three years later there's still no news on if it even exists in a rough draft form.

I backed it for the core book, so anything else to me is icing. A lot of the hack pitches sounded cool though and I'd love to see what they looked like if/when they come out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did the dark fantasy military hack modeled Black Company and Malayan ever get finished?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did the dark fantasy military hack modeled Black Company and Malayan ever get finished?

Pretty sure none of the hacks have been finished, and only a few even have playable drafts out - Scum and Villainy, Blades Against Darkness, Copperhead County, A Fistful of Darkness have drafts out, Glow in the Dark might be done?

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Nuns with Guns posted:

The discontent people are expressing is probably from disappointment that a lot of the promised stretch goals have had basically no news for years. I'm phone posting rn but when I looked at the January update last night there were quite a few where the only news John could offer was "in development" or "waiting on response". I can get how you'd be annoyed if you backed the project because a particular hack had a pitch you liked, then three years later there's still no news on if it even exists in a rough draft form.
Me, I'm still amazed how, almost a year and a half since the game's release date, they still haven't made the Special Edition or its contents available for purchase anywhere outside of a certain limited offer last November or announced any specific plans to do it other than "someday, we think". And this is content that's been finished; I'm not holding my breath hoping to see anything that's not even started anytime soon. Perhaps that Forged in the Dark publication scheme will provide at least some of the much desired Blades material.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavivirus posted:

Pretty sure none of the hacks have been finished, and only a few even have playable drafts out - Scum and Villainy, Blades Against Darkness, Copperhead County, A Fistful of Darkness have drafts out, Glow in the Dark might be done?

Girl by Moonlight looks playable and Hack the Planet is supposed to have a playtest packet out for KS backers.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Flavivirus posted:

Copperhead County and A Fistful of Darkness weren't hacks that were unlocked as part of the campaign, either, and they're both much further along than we've been advised that most of the games unlocked from the kickstarter are.

Foglet posted:

Me, I'm still amazed how, almost a year and a half since the game's release date, they still haven't made the Special Edition or its contents available for purchase anywhere outside of a certain limited offer last November or announced any specific plans to do it other than "someday, we think". And this is content that's been finished; I'm not holding my breath hoping to see anything that's not even started anytime soon. Perhaps that Forged in the Dark publication scheme will provide at least some of the much desired Blades material.

That sucks, man. :smith: I'd offer to scan and share my Special Edition but I don't have a scanner and iirc the best scans come from ripping the book apart to get flat scans of each page and I'd feel awful doing that.

For a reference, here's the backer rewards and the timeline of ETAs based on the most recent two update posts:

quote:

The Ghost Lines: A playset that adds a whole new dimension to the game beyond the walls of the city. Play as the daring Rail Jacks that deal with deadly ghosts on the electro-train lines which connect the cities of the imperium.
In John Harper's personal to-do-list. July 2017 update said it'd be worked on first, but I'd guess it and his other projects are on the back burner until Bluecoats of the Watch is done.

quote:

Broken Crown: A playset for the game that adds new character and crew types so you can play a group of revolutionaries intent upon doing the impossible — assassinating the Immortal Emperor himself. By James Stuart.
Draft was reported to be "40% complete" and part of "internal playtesting" in July 2017, just listed as "In development now." in the January 2018 post.

quote:

Bluecoats of the Watch: A playset for the game that adds new character and crew types so you can play the meanest gang in Duskwall: The City Watch! Play as the inspectors, enforcers, and guardians that hunt and capture the scoundrels in the darkness.
It's sorta an expanded supplement now, I guess. Some backer rewards were moved to it because they didn't fit right in the main book. July 2017 update said Ghost Lines would be first, but January 2018 update said all of the John supplements were moved behind Bluecoats.

quote:

Band of Blades: A complete dark fantasy hack, Band of Blades allows you to play a small band of soldiers desperately trying to shift the tide in a war against powerful sorcerer-kings and their undead minions. By Stras Acimovic.
Ran an official playtest at a con in July 2017. January 2018 update said beta playtest would start mid-January.

quote:

Moon Over Bourbon Street: A completely new setting for the game, plus new character and crew types. You are a thief in Crescent City, a bustling mélange of French colonials and planters, Spanish traders, American river men and adventurers, and Afro-Caribbean free men and slaves. Steamships traveling up and down the Mighty River disgorge a constant stream of valuable cargoes along with scoundrels and gamblers of every bent. But at night, the city turns dark indeed.... By Chris Bennett.
Not mentioned in the July 2017 update, listed as "Awaiting updates." in the January 2018 update. I was really looking forward to a team of Gambits creoling at each other, too. :saddowns:

quote:

Leviathan Song: The hunting vessels sail out from Duskwall, enormous steam ships financed by the noble houses, captained by their unrecognized scions, and crewed by the unwashed masses. Following signs from shipboard dogs, gifted orphans, and madmen trained to hear the demon-song chanted in the depths, they sail the Never Sea, harpoons and hoses ready, preparing to drain the great beasts of their precious fluid. A new playset by Jonathan Walton (author of the Dungeon World Planarch Codex).
July 2017 update said a playtest draft would come out in August (of that year, I assume). January 2018 update says "In development now. Playtesting planned for summer of 2018."

quote:

Blades Against Darkness. Get your dungeon-crawling fix with this total reskin and new playset for the game! You are a tomb robber — desperate for coin, driven by a thirst for knowledge, on a quest for your inscrutable deity, or, perhaps, just crazy. One way or another, you’ll take almost any job that comes your way. The Gods know there is plenty of bloody work to be had in the dark passageways below the earth. drat little is honorable. Most all of it will get you killed. But you just might make it out alive... and rich. By Dylan Green.
Rules were reported complete in July 2017 update, with playtesting to start in October. January 2018 update reported that it was preparing for beta testing at that time. A link was provided to the developer's update feed on Google+ too but I don't know how kosher that is to share. Update was posted in April 2018 saying the beta was ready and hosted for backers, with a feedback form to help fix issues.

quote:

Sparrow's Folly. "The Central Pacific's barely built, but nonetheless shuttling folks in droves to our Great State of California, the land of goddamn milk and honey if you believe the papers. Wallowed halfway between Sacramento and the Sierras is Sparrow’s Folly, a Gold Rush shithole blessed not by lode, but by reputation. It's a haven for the forgotten, a heaven for the rich city bastards who get hard on secret sin. It ain’t on your fuckin map. It's a place where outlaws and outcasts vie for position among their own kind: highwaymen, whores, raildogs, scum. There’s a price for everything. Nobody never said it was fair.” – Ruby LaLond

Sparrow's Folly is a complete reskin of Blades in the Dark for playing gritty adventures in the Wild West, with new character types, crews, and factions, plus the guide and maps to Sparrow's Folly itself. By Allison Arth.
July 2017 update said writing would start in October. January 2018 update just says "Development pending."

quote:

Null Vector: Four artificial intelligences secretly rule the world. You and your crew of cyber-augmented outcasts are some of the only people who know the truth. Will you oppose the invisible masters? Will you join one of the AIs, to bring its vision for humanity to life? What will you do to change the world? Null Vector is a complete reskin of the game for cyberpunk thriller action in the vein of Ghost in the Shell.
One of the hacks John is personally writing. July 2017 update said the playbooks were drafted, but it was prioritized behind Ghost Lines and Bluecoats. January 2018 update said it's on hold until Bluecoats is out.

quote:

The Doomed: "Look, we don't have to worry about The Dark Avenger; he's in the morgue. The Hero Squadron just got their minds swapped by The Mystic Eye or whatever, who knows. What I'm saying is: nobody's around to stop one little bank robbing spree. We just keep it low key and it's us and our powers versus a bunch of beat cops. What could go wrong? " The Doomed takes Blades in the Dark to the worlds of superheroes. You'll be playing the small-time villains trying to make it big in a world where an alien invasion is just another Tuesday. New characters and crew types give you everything you need to play in the style of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man and the Giffen/DeMatteis Injustice League. By Sage Latorra (co-author of Dungeon World).
There's no information on this at all. Probably dead in the water? Someone feel free to point out if I missed an update on it.

quote:

Scum and Villainy is a complete reskin of Blades in the Dark for playing Rogues, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters and aliens of all types looking to make a credit and keep their ship flying in a Space Opera setting. Includes new character types, crews, ships and modified basic moves that encourage blaster-shooting, hoverbike chasing and other over-the-top cinematic action. By Stras Acimovic.
Rules were complete in July 2017, with work being done on supporting text. Pre-release rules were available already. January 2018 update calls it "complete" but the book is still pretty rough and I guess the final, final version is coming out soonish?

quote:

Womb of Night: A black expanse stretches between the stars, whose dim light shelters the thousand colonies of humanity. Riding the star-seas between them are crews of traders, marauders, explorers and pirates - all guided by the Sisterhood, whose Navigatrix acolytes portend safe passage through the hellish storms that make up the roiling mass they call the warp-space. In Womb of Night you play brave opportunists who seek out their fortune in the void of the cosmos, preying on fat merchant ships or finding rich new worlds to exploit. Space holds riches and power beyond your dreams, if you're bold enough to take them. By Adam Koebel (co-author of Dungeon World, and GM of Swan Song. Adam knows a thing or two about tense situations in space. His primary inspirations for Womb of Night are the art of Moebius, 70s heavy metal and a heavy dose of psychedelic culture.)
July 2017 update says writing was going to begin in the fall. January 2018 update just says "In development now."

quote:

Coneycatchers: It is a universal truth that mendacity and turpitude rule England, from Bankside trugging-house doxies to poor dying Queen Elizabeth. London herself is both procuress and homicide. Her markets are home to fat country rabbits with wide eyes and gold-filled purses, and her tangled alleys are home to the hard men and women with a million ways to separate the coneys from their coin. We are rufflers, whipjacks and foists, and in the service of every vice and crime we are as noble as princes. Cross us at your peril. It is a new age and we are ambitious. Coneycatchers is a reskin of the game with new character and crew types, factions, situations, and a guide for playing in Elizabethan London. By Jason Morningstar (author of Fiasco, Durance, and Night Witches).
July 2017 update said writing would start in the "next three months". January 2018 update says work "would start" after Agon Second Edition was completed.

quote:

Throne of the Void "The forms must be obeyed." —The Great Convention The Interstellar Empire was unified less than a century ago by the first Imperator. Since then his iron fist has enforced the compact that binds the Empire together. But he ages, and his grip weakens. And now the churn of plans, schemes and politics begins. In this decadent world, inhuman nobles, merchant guilds and religious groups all aim to control the throne by any means necessary. You play a crew of Agents, serving a powerful faction of the Interstellar Empire vying against Agents of other factions ... and those of your own. You will be trying to move wheels-within-wheels as you play large-scale political and faction-based games in a deadly web of shifting alliances and rivalries. Throne of the Void is a complete stars-and-starships hack of Blades in the Dark and includes new character types, crews, factions, changed faction and downtime rules, plus galactic maps to the Empire itself. By Stras Acimovic.
July 2017 update said development would start when Band of Blades was in playtesting, with an estimated start of September. January 2018 update said it was put on hold until Scum and Villainy and Band of Blades were completed.

quote:

Blades of the Jhereg: The underworld of Adrilankha is ruled by a council of five ruthless bosses, known as the Right Hand of the Jhereg. You and your crew of scoundrels have been given a tiny piece of turf and are expected to impress them with your greed and opportunism. Will you rise to power in the Organization or be strangled by your ambitious rivals?

Blades of the Jhereg is an official licensed supplement for Blades in the Dark featuring the world of Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos novels (Jhereg, Yendi, Teckla, Taltos, etc.). The playset will include the character and crew types, NPCs, factions, situations, maps, and additional rules needed to play the exploits of a Jhereg criminal enterprise in Adrinlankha. Just remember to keep an eye out for that upstart Easterner. People say he's trouble. By John Harper (with editorial oversight from Steven Brust).
Another John project. Not mentioned in the July 2017 update. Stated to be on hold with the other John projects behind Bluecoats in January 2018.

quote:

P38: Blood on the Streets. “Except for the Punic Wars, I have truly been accused of every possible thing” Giulio Andreotti, Italian prime minister, 1972-1973, and 1976-1979.

Italy, the 1970s. Upstart bank robbers compete and consort with the organised crime establishment, while the public follows from the front pages of newspapers, afraid and morbidly fascinated. This, however, is only the surface. The criminal underworld traces a wide, murky network, connecting the mob, terrorism and espionage. Some want to tear down the bourgeois state and start a revolution, others are building support for an authoritarian coup. Many are just in it for profit. Everyone is involved, and no one is innocent: terrorist groups and ruling parties, idealist students and national security agents, gangsters and foreign spies.

In P38: Blood on the Streets, you will step into this web, for money, power and ideology. What will you make of it? A playset based on one of the darkest decades of Italy’s republican history, by them crazy Italians: Flavio Mortarino, Alberto Muti, Renato Ramonda, Enrico Ambrosi, Daniele Di Rubbo, Luca Veluttini and Domenico Marino.
July 2017 update said early concepts were outlined while the main Blades kickstarter was running, then put on hold until the book was complete, began "working on design" after that. January 2018 update just says "Awaiting updates."

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 12, 2018

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Was his goal to make a one man PBTA blitz? This is like a GURPS line.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Was his goal to make a one man PBTA blitz? This is like a GURPS line.

I reckon so, though it's a little disappointing how little on that list is done. It's to be missing A Nocturne, though, which actually seems to be coming along pretty nicely.

It's not 100% unfeasible, but I think it's suffering from not having any real deadlines. I managed to get 5 stretch goal pbta games done in 10 months for legacy, but that was in a large part through setting strict deadlines and trying to clamp down scope creep as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Nuns with Guns posted:

That sucks, man. :smith: I'd offer to scan and share my Special Edition but I don't have a scanner and iirc the best scans come from ripping the book apart to get flat scans of each page and I'd feel awful doing that.
I do have it too! I'm not even that frustrated I had to break my piggy bank for the "printed SE + PDF SE" bundle, they are pretty great overall! I just have no love for the "kickstarter exclusive" model (esp. for non-decorative stuff), I think it does more harm than good in the long run, and thus I don't like it that Blades remain that way, intentionally or otherwise.