Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Granted but now Vince McMahon is president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Granted but now Vince McMahon is president.
I wish that wasn't just the Trump administration but Ben Garrison's artwork being slightly more accurate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/995042275305709569

Hate it when I have sex with a woman only to have my dick covered in her eggs and the immediately have sex with another woman and inadvertently fertilize one of my dick eggs and blast it into her uterus, makeing her pregnant

His parents should sue whatever school he went to.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
hosed her eggs out.

And Dear White People is good because people flipped the gently caress out because of the name and the show is basically "hey here are the experiences of black people in America and maybe you shouldn't wear black face?"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Push El Burrito posted:

And Dear White People is good because people flipped the gently caress out because of the name and the show is basically "hey here are the experiences of black people in America and maybe you shouldn't wear black face?"

actually this is real bad because it might cause some people to have Uncomfortable Thoughts

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

actually this is real bad because it might cause some people to have Uncomfortable Thoughts

yes but then they blast their Uncomfortable Thoughts out on Yelp.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Listen, if you can't accept that TV is a fictional fantasy universe I don't know what to tell you. :colbert:

I was the idiot on social media in the "TV episodes that have aged poorly" thread

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Skwirl posted:

His parents should sue whatever school he went to.

They were probably terrified of their child learning sex-ed in school and had them pulled from it to begin with.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he thinks women spawn like fish by spraying their eggs everywhere

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

On another online forum (not Reddit), someone was whining about having to hear about discrimination against people of color. When I challenged him on that, he typed all of this out:

loving idiot posted:

I'm from Canada so I have no ax to grind. Today if we are going to talk about racism, let's bring Black Racism into the discussion. Keith Ellison, one of the top brass in the Democratic National Committee, has been a long-term associate of black racist Louis Farrakhan (who is a Black Muslim) and his slogan is "Kill All the Whites (and Jews)". Ellison tried to hide this relationship but it all came out recently. So this is the direction in which the Democratic Party is going.

The Democratic Party is becoming very racist, as was evident in the sour faces of the Black Caucus when Trump gave His State of the Union message. Ordinary Blacks had benefited tremendously under his administration, but that made no difference. Black Democrats have been calling for Trump's impeachment for absolutely no reason, other than race. In the meantime they (and Obama) did absolutely nothing for their own people, and in fact destroyed the inner cities with their liberal policies. Chicago is a good example.
Black Dems take lead in push to impeach Trump

But that's not the end of the story. Several black politicians are also buddies with Farrakhan, and Mr. Obama somehow managed to suppress a picture where he is standing next to Farrakhan, and both have big smiles on their faces. Had the general public known about this connection, chances are a different picture of Obama would have emerged and he may not even have received much of the support he garnered among whites. In contrast the MSM made a big fuss about Trump's alleged connection (without any basis) with the KKK. Trump has been called racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, and a hundred other names just to create animosity against him, and increase racial tensions.

Many blacks who think for themselves have recognized that Barack Obama deliberately exacerbated racial tensions in America throughout his tenure, and Michelle Obama (your "first lady forever") had only one thing on her mind any time she opened her mouth -- racism. Yet those two enjoyed the fruits of an America which was becoming less and less racist until Obama came along. In fact blacks were making tremendous strides in the USA.

Obama's racism was evident in his choice of people whom he surrounded himself with. All (or almost all ) his top officials were black. But whites did not object to this blatant racism, and everyone ran scared because he was black. Make the Whites feel real guilty about "White Privilege" and you can get away with almost anything!

"Black Lives Matter" is about as phony as you can get. Evil billionaire George Soros, plus many liberal foundations, have poured huge sums of money (more than 100 million) into this anarchist organization.
Black Lives Matter cashes in with $100 million from liberal foundations

These are NOT "street protesters" but professional agitators being paid to create chaos right across America under the pretense that America is racist. Savvy blacks have also condemned this phony movement. Ever since Ferguson, Soros, his son, and his gang of anarchists have been using blacks for their own nefarious purposes.

This has it all: condescending references to "the blacks" who "think for themselves". Farrakhan. Obama and the "racism" of having brown people in his cabinet. Whining (in so many words) about "ungrateful blacks" who should feel thankful to Trump for all that he's supposedly done for them. If there was a 'Entitled White Racism' bingo card, this would be a winner several times over.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
(and Jews)

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
noted black people: Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Rahm Emmanuel, Chuck Hagel etc. etc.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

(and (((Jews))))

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Everything white people do like being a smartass and asking "What if it was Dear Black People?" as if it were something nobody else had thought of until that moment.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/995042275305709569

Hate it when I have sex with a woman only to have my dick covered in her eggs and the immediately have sex with another woman and inadvertently fertilize one of my dick eggs and blast it into her uterus, makeing her pregnant

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SpacePig posted:

Do you think these are the same types of goobers that don't even want to go see Solo because Star Wars is SJW propaganda?

Never forget that no one hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I could see myself going to watch Solo just for Donald Glover, but I probably won't.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"the first woman's eggs are still on his penis"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pththya-lyi posted:

I think everybody repressed the memory of AotC

but why would you repress the memories of the best starwars movie?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Elfgames posted:

but why would you repress the memories of the best starwars movie?

There was only ever one Star Wars movie, so it was the best by definition.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There was only ever one Star Wars movie, so it was the best by definition.

The Phantom Menace did introduce, Jar Jar, a correct opinion.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

The Phantom Menace did introduce, Jar Jar, a correct opinion.

:wrong:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Obviously the first movie in the franchise would be the best. Just think, how many awkward racial stereotypes are in the other movies?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

Obviously the first movie in the franchise would be the best. Just think, how many awkward racial stereotypes are in the other movies?

The only movie in the franchise, the one called Star Wars.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Like Rogue One and The Last Jedi, Solo is probably going to be great but good luck convincing these idiots of that.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 08:24 on May 12, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Both those movies aren’t good tho

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Rogue One was fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Rogue one was boring as poo poo.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:regd07: but without the 2 and 7

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All of those movies are cool because they have Kung Fu and explosions and magic and Laser swords.

Don't go thinking you're better than all of that because you're not.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramek posted:

All of those movies are cool because they have Kung Fu and explosions and magic and Laser swords.

I absolutely will

I'll take it further by saying that not seeing the Last Jedi makes me better than you (though the people who didn't see Rogue One or Force Awakens are better than me)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Pssh, I'm willing to bet you think The Empire are the bad guys too. :rolleyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aramek posted:

There is no Kung Fu in Star Wars

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The only Star Wars movies I've seen are the prequels and A New Hope. Not really sure where that lands me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I would say in the sarlacc pit, but you don't know what that is, so...

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

grittyreboot posted:

Like Rogue One and The Last Jedi, Solo is probably going to be great but good luck convincing these idiots of that.

Rogue One is great and Solo will probably be fine, but holy poo poo The Last Jedi was not a good movie.

The major character who will absolutely have to die at some point very soon....dies, in a emotional and well played out manner aaaaaaand then they bring her back awkwardly and now will need to kill her off-screen or in a manner completely devoid of emotion.

But yeah, Solo's going to be good. Has Ron Howard ever made a bad movie?

quote:

Narrator: He hasn't

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Krispy Wafer posted:

Has Ron Howard ever made a bad movie?

I wouldn't call the Davinci Code movies he made "good", but they were certainly competent, just coming from dreadful source material.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

I wouldn't call the Davinci Code movies he made "good", but they were certainly competent, just coming from dreadful source material.

I didn't say Ron Howard always makes good movies. Just that he hasn't made a bad movie. That is a fine line he sometimes straddles.

Some times Opie just needs a paycheck or an excuse to stick his brother in a film. And I just checked and Clint Howard is in Solo. That must have been a contractual obligation for Ron to take control of the film.

So Solo may not be one of his 'good' films.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
There is a movie coming out called revenge in which women are portrayed as tough. The company decided to take YouTube comments from their first trailer and put them on their new trailer.

It’s basically iosm the trailer and pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/3FuDnAbDbrY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Rogue One is great and Solo will probably be fine, but holy poo poo The Last Jedi was not a good movie.

The major character who will absolutely have to die at some point very soon....dies, in a emotional and well played out manner aaaaaaand then they bring her back awkwardly and now will need to kill her off-screen or in a manner completely devoid of emotion.

But yeah, Solo's going to be good. Has Ron Howard ever made a bad movie?

it's not their fault she died after they made the movie and now they have to change their plans