Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
New page so

Seems like Bayon is a pretty big deal in their society and is in charge of a bunch of farms but couldn't keep his appetite under control and, all according to their plan, underestimated these kids are just another batch of helpless food-to-be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so...potential anime of the Grace Field arc?

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/988588331502944256

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Please let it get a not trash studio

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Fabricated posted:

Please let it get a not trash studio

Seriously. It's depressing seeing all these great series converted into "we'll get the traditional + 3D blend right this time guys, honest" abominations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Christ, how many kids confirmed dead this chapter? Three? I guess that's not a bad trade for someone like Bayon, but still.

This series is so drat good, I really hope the anime can match the tone. It would be easy to get wrong.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess it might be A-1?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 24, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

most studios are probably fine, so long as it doesn't come on the heels of an intensive production and they have enough time to devote just to neverland.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Finally, if Neverland becomes an anime, maybe some of my friends will actually notice it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In this chapter kids die.

I shouldn't really be surprised anymore but this manga can be pretty brutal.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm not sure they're actually dead. Still a brutal chapter though.

And hey! Finally some characters showing up I actually care about!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gillian better not die, her hat is too cool :mad:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I may have fist pumped more than the daily recommended number at the last page reveal. :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This gonna be good.

I keep saying it but it keeps being true as well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I had totally forgotten about Ray and ??? so it was a really nice reveal having them appear, plus we now have some top tier fighters on our team not just Emma and Lucas. gently caress Nouma :whitewater:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I had totally forgotten about Ray and ??? so it was a really nice reveal having them appear, plus we now have some top tier fighters on our team not just Emma and Lucas. gently caress Nouma :whitewater:

In a striking twist, he is Japanese and his name is Gai Zatto.

rvm
May 6, 2013
New chapter (imgur)

Nous is dead, only Lewis remains. Hope, he stays around somehow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every chapter i feel is a chance for Emma to go absolutely bonkers, Berserk-style. It's truly a credit to her that she hasn't yet.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Shinjobi posted:

Every chapter i feel is a chance for Emma to go absolutely bonkers, Berserk-style. It's truly a credit to her that she hasn't yet.

The series is really good in general about how it measures out escalation, which is good because if it were too fast it would get silly and if it were too slow it would get tedious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rvm posted:

New chapter (imgur)

Nous is dead, only Lewis remains. Hope, he stays around somehow.

He's great but Emma needs her first kill so I hope he gets utterly destroyed.

Anyway, another good chapter. I liked the previous chapters too but now we're in the same cool and interesting situation but with pre-established characters I like a lot and care about. So I am super into this right now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad someone has taken to doing it faster than mangastream

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/996986690190229504

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't watch anime based on manga I've read much anymore, but I will watch the poo poo out of an anime of this. The series is still great but hot drat is the escape arc good and I can't wait to experience it again.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New chapter. I love the little Emma moments when she reminds you she can be absolutely cold-blooded.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hahaha, never change Emma :allears:

"I really want to kill you, but fighting right now won't be good for either of us. Want to call it quits?" "No." "Okay then." *unlimited machinegun works*

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Good Lewis feats, gonna be interesting to see how the hell they beat Demon Flash.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The strength and abilities of the demons is really hard to judge. We know they’re ridiculously fast and strong but uh, this is something else.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The strength and abilities of the demons is really hard to judge. We know they’re ridiculously fast and strong but uh, this is something else.

It feels like a bit of a narrative misstep to make Lewis that fast. I suppose Emma could still plausibly find a way to win if his legs are a lot slower than his arms.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Silver2195 posted:

It feels like a bit of a narrative misstep to make Lewis that fast. I suppose Emma could still plausibly find a way to win if his legs are a lot slower than his arms.

He doesn't strike me as being that much faster than Bayon, though. Bayon got caught underestimating the kids and paid for it, Lewis just seems like he literally never lets his guard down no matter what. I don't see him dying here either way. I think the obvious option is Ray and T. Man show up and at some point their presence leads to Lewis taking one in the leg or something and retreating.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How in the world did primitive humans compete with demons if they're this ridiculously strong?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

How in the world did primitive humans compete with demons if they're this ridiculously strong?

Demons can vary a lot in terms of intelligence and appearance, so they probably vary in speed and strength as well. Plus demons probably don't reproduce very much.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Silver2195 posted:

Demons can vary a lot in terms of intelligence and appearance, so they probably vary in speed and strength as well. Plus demons probably don't reproduce very much.

Yeah I'm guessing it's the former.
You have pieces of poo poo weaklings like Luce, then you have demons like Lewis.
Besides because there simply was an agreement I'm guessing people were fighting the demons to a standstill.

They may get stronger the more they eat and longer they live, Lewis and Bayon were there when the agreement was signed, they're old as hell.
I'd have to assume that Sonju, the organic, free-range human wanting demon is at least that old or more.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 22, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mikl posted:

Hahaha, never change Emma :allears:

"I really want to kill you, but fighting right now won't be good for either of us. Want to call it quits?" "No." "Okay then." *unlimited machinegun works*

Her confidence, or insanity, is the best. She -doesn't- want to kill him, but she also says that if he accepts her deal, he gets to live, which is just such an awesome and bonkers thing to say to someone like Leuvis. I love it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So I've binged this and it's all great (I'm kind of happy I only just got on though because it means I didn't have to wait through the Escape or to find out who Minerva was), but can I just say that I still think my favorite part is the reveal that Ray spent years and years planning to set himself on loving fire.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Anime will air in early 2019.

Rodyle posted:

So I've binged this and it's all great (I'm kind of happy I only just got on though because it means I didn't have to wait through the Escape or to find out who Minerva was), but can I just say that I still think my favorite part is the reveal that Ray spent years and years planning to set himself on loving fire.
That's a pretty good "gently caress You" to the person who was raising you as cattle though. I'm glad Ray lived but the way they faked the suicide was a little too manipulative given how it played out with Emma stopping him. It'll be a hell of a loving episode ending though for anime-onlys when it airs though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh it's a fantastic "gently caress you"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/999840323923673089

Character designs look good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://mangadex.org/chapter/330855

Chapter!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh hell yes I am hype for this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's amazing how this manga is so consistently good.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

first PV for the anime, no staff announcement yet

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1000754444647059456?s=19