Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario and the game camera doesn't move, it's his idle animation pasted onto a static background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so whos gonna be playing not-castlevania 3 on switch in two weeks? i know i am. looks cool as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDq0FQS15o

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Mario sunshine dlc is real and so is the Luigi, Wario and Waluigi playable characters dlc wtih 70 moons each leak i read about the other day. oh and so is the luigi's mansion dlc, that is also real.

and now i am proud to reveal the newest leak, Wario Land dlc with only 6 golden moons!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I checked with my sources and F-Zero Rammers was a typo.

It’s actually F-Zero Rabbids.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE loving MOON posted:

Ive had every blazblue since calamity trigger (including the 3ds game) and its been hard for me to adjust to the new system. Ive been having a lot of fun with it though, I havent really settled on a team I want to work on yet. The UNIB characters are a lot of fun

Yeah I can't pick a team either, there are a ton of fun characters. I hate her design but Ruby is super cool to play as, I like Noel, I like Blazblue robot sword lady, enormous guy from UNIB, all of the Persona characters, etc etc etc

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vikar Jerome posted:

so whos gonna be playing not-castlevania 3 on switch in two weeks? i know i am. looks cool as gently caress.

Inti Creates has never* steered me wrong so you bet I'm going to be playing this. €10 sounds like a steal.

*I saw the writing on the wall with Mighty No. 9 so I never played that one.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

The thumbnail had me all excited, then I realized that this isn't even the real game. It's just some "retro" minigame thing.

Are they even pretending to still be making Ritual of the Night, or is this all we're getting?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Are they even pretending to still be making Ritual of the Night, or is this all we're getting?
This is a stretch-goal that was reached in the crowdfunding stuff.

The latest Ritual of the Night Kickstarter update was a pinch over two weeks ago, covering a side-quest system and a new monster type.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
Also this is being developed by a different team, so this probably doesn't affect the main game's development.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh poo poo it's coming to the switch? Sold

E: never mind I'll stick to ritual of the night

Over There fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 12, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Huh, there's a demo for ARMS now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

Who else is really hyped for MHXX?

I'm expecting MH4 levels of glory, and since I haven't gotten around to World yet/have loved earlier entries, I'm getting more and more hyped. We're finally getting god drat MHXX on this stupid super 3DS, guys! Shame it's not out til August but it's nice to finally have something huge to look forward to other than DS Remastered

Also I hear MHXX has like 4x the content and variety that world has so the more I think about it, the more ideal this setup seems for me personally. I just hope I like it as much as I liked 3 and 4, because those games were stupid addicting

Me! ME ME ME!

I am so stocked for the rehaul they gave Prowlers. In XX, Prowlers can use hunting styles too! Adept Cats, RODEO cats! Rodeoing monsters to death is my jam, son. I am the rodeo queen! Now I get to be the rodeo queen and the Crazy Cat Lady at the same time! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :dance:

I am legit more excited for that than I am about World PC, because World doesn't have Prowler mode.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Huh, there's a demo for ARMS now.

Hi it's me, the guy excitedly downloading the ARMS demo!

I think it's a cool game, just not a cool full priced game.
Hoping to pick it up on the cheap later!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like Monster Hunter World but I like playing on a handheld even more.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also reminder (As this was at the bottom of last page)

Infinitum posted:

Playing the Pixel Junk Monsters 2 demo. It is super cute and charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deZNZtwQQM

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Dugong posted:

Is the cross tag demo on the EU store?

Nope, EU doesnt get the beta. You can probably still play it if you set up an NA profile though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah I can't pick a team either, there are a ton of fun characters. I hate her design but Ruby is super cool to play as, I like Noel, I like Blazblue robot sword lady, enormous guy from UNIB, all of the Persona characters, etc etc etc

Sorry for the double, but I assume you mean Nu-13. The game plays differently enough from CT/CS/CF that my muscle memoried aerial combo doesnt work anymore and Im sad :(

Ended up playing a lot of Es and Hyde last night

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

THE loving MOON posted:

Ive had every blazblue since calamity trigger (including the 3ds game) and its been hard for me to adjust to the new system. Ive been having a lot of fun with it though, I havent really settled on a team I want to work on yet. The UNIB characters are a lot of fun

This is my first BlazBlue and I'm liking not-Iori with his grappling hook and Ganon with ARMS.
This game seems neat, and I can't wait to get a handle on all the mechanics and make my rush down better.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You'll never get proper GameCube emulation on the switch because of one thing: analog triggers. A few games (notably Mario Sunshine) used them, and would require an HD Remake a la Wind Waker to be played properly.

I realized this about a year ago and was bummed. Then I realized Wiis are cheap as dirt and easy to hack, and was not bummed.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Monster Hunter... I have Ultimate 3 and 4 on the 3DS and have never played them.

So, i'll definitely buy XX.

Also, on the Mario Delfino Isle video, that is fake as hell. I watched it about 5 times and nothing happens in it. These game publishers intentionally leak things to the public and if Nintendo really wanted to leak this Sunshine DLC, it would probably be press materials or something. Not a 5 second video of very little motion.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why are nerds like this

Everyone is dragging him for it of course but this is a pretty common thing with nerds and it's like why. Why are you like this

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I've only played MHW, how does it compare to the old MHs?

I see a lot of people saying it'll be hard to go back but Switch MH is tempting. Can anybody whos played those games gimme a rundown?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Why are nerds like this

Everyone is dragging him for it of course but this is a pretty common thing with nerds and it's like why. Why are you like this

This reminds me of when I was three and I could "beat" Super Mario Bros. (My dad would get to Bowser on 8-4 with a fire flower and hand the controller to me, and I would shoot fireballs until Bowser died) :unsmith:

That kid is more pro than I was

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

nopantsjack posted:

I see a lot of people saying it'll be hard to go back but Switch MH is tempting. Can anybody whos played those games gimme a rundown?

There are a lot less quality of life improvements.
Loading screens between zones on a map.
Gathering is slow.
Rare drops are more rare.
No footprint tracking and auto tracking.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A 3 year old can't beat Doom on Ultra Nightmare

WHAT A FUCKIN N00B

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Why are nerds like this

the gently caress, I didn't even make it all the way through the comments. How is that not something where you just kind of say 'good for him!' and get about your day?

Also I just played crosstag online for the first time, and the netcode is indeed surprisingly good. Won my first 2 fights :ssj:

edit: dumb fuckin KIDS, also why won't you respect my viewpoint??

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 12, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

Just off the top of my head. No slinger, no grappling hook, no wingdrakes, you cant change gear or get to your item box mid mission, whetstones picks and bug nets are consumable items and gathering takes longer in general, if you use the radial menu in MHW that doesn't exist in the old games either. No scoutflies so you have to track down monsters yourself and mark them with paintballs. Maps are divided into discrete zones with loads between them, although on the New 3DS/Switch the loads are so fast as to be almost non-existent. Sounds like a bigger deal than it is but crafting has a chance of failure. Hitboxes are a little less generous, you won't be able to duck under hipchecks and spins the way MHW lets you.

All that said though the core mechanics of monster fighting are the same and so are the movesets for each weapon. It's all relatively minor quality of life things that are a much bigger deal to new players but are something you can probably learn to deal with coming from MHW. Generations has a bunch of stuff World doesn't, also. Each weapon has a bunch of alternate styles that slightly change their movesets, there are super moves that run off a meter, and you can play as felynes.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

How easy is it to get to the Felyne part and how hard is it for a completely new player? My ability to rope in my girl depends on these facts.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
"Why are you downvoting because you disagree?"

Lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sadlol at gamer dudes being weird about accessibility features for children in games for children. For a 3 year old that's genuinely pretty impressive, I recall one of my brothers having issues with 3D Mario at 5-6 years older.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

David Letterman Professional Video Game Player

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/994803834844336128

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Moriatti posted:

How easy is it to get to the Felyne part and how hard is it for a completely new player? My ability to rope in my girl depends on these facts.
I think you might have to do a couple keys before you unlock prowler mode, but it's very early if so.

The main thing is that old monhun games weren't very good at explaining themselves compared to World. Like you'd routinely have people complaining in the 3DS thread that they played MH4/Gen for 10 hours and never got to fight a big monster, because those games will gladly let you drown in dozens of optional 1 and 2 star gathering/small monster culling quests if you don't know any better.

Having a monster hunter mentor helps a lot, someone to say what quests are worth doing, what items are worth bringing, and what button does what on the weapons.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Motto posted:

Sadlol at gamer dudes being weird about accessibility features for children in games for children. For a 3 year old that's genuinely pretty impressive, I recall one of my brothers having issues with 3D Mario at 5-6 years older.

Seriously. I also think a lot of people who have been playing games for a long time often write games off as easy because of the fact that they have lots of accumulated experience playing other games that are similar, and some of these people take that for granted.

Playing video games for the first time is always gonna be a bit awkward I would think, regardless of how comfortable a controller is it's tricky to get used to. Hell I remember when I first tried playstation games dying lots in ways I wouldn't normally because the buttons using symbols instead of letters was alien to me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The 3DS ones also require two joysticks and the 3DS only has one... So they use the bottom screen as a second joystick D-pad thingy that is awful.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

nopantsjack posted:

All the rough edges were smoothed out for world, but a lot of it is just more of a challenge not necessarily quality of life. Standing still while healing, having to throw paintballs to mark targets and having to gather whetstones were design choices that added to the overall feel of hunting. But they also scaled back armor customization, types of monsters, classes to choose from and made the underlying systems less obtuse, stuff that you'd only find in wikis, my wii u browser was half MH bookmarks.

It will have an audience, especially Japan, and the playerbase is one of the best I've ever been in contact with. Definitely get the game if you want more monster hunting, the graphic fidelity was obviously not the reason the series is loved.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Infinitum posted:

Playing the Pixel Junk Monsters 2 demo. It is super cute and charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deZNZtwQQM

It runs unappealingly and looks bad in handheld which is the entire reason I’d care for it on Switch.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Tender Bender posted:

It's so good. It was in my regular "chill out and focus at work" Playlist but I took it out recently so I could hear the music relatively fresh when I replay it on Switch.

I almost fell out of my seat when I realized that DK’s “pound the ground” move produces the same sound effect as the bongos from Donkey Konga.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
On the other hand are there any nice improvements from 4 to XX, or even anything that is actually worse coming from 4?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am firmly in the "haven't played World so still hyped for MHGU" camp. Might jump back into Gen actually if you can transfer saves. Only just started HR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yep the trailer showcased transferring saves from the 3ds version to the switch version

• Locked thread