Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

i would love to forget alohan raichu

u'll forget your own name when you catch these hands for this slight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

welcome back

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Why do you need one from ORAS specifically? It's avaliable in SUMO. and power-up punch isn't an egg move so you'd need to breed it in gen 6

Exactly, power up punch isn't in SuMo, but it is in ORAS so I need to breed it there to have Crush Claw before teaching it PuP, then transfer to SuMo

You cannot transfer any pokemon from SuMo to ORAS. The 'Khan could be from X/Y or ORAS, doesn't matter to me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ruggington posted:

"ahhh i hope i'm not alohan raichu, the stupid idiot who sucks and looks dumb" - me after forgetting my name

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

welcome back

hi friend

oddium posted:

"ahhh i hope i'm not alohan raichu, the stupid idiot who sucks and looks dumb" - me after forgetting my name

i can keep throwing hands until the only pokemon you remember is uuuhhh zeroroaora

fuckin whats that mythical electric dog thing called

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

raikou is a cat op

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

she even forgot that raichu is a mouse....

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

oddium posted:

raikou is a cat op

It's a gerbil

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.4gamer.net/games/383/G038332/20180512011/

Here's a report from a Pokemon fan event:

Ultra Necrozma's theme is intentionally unfinished.
The previous evil team bosses were only supposed to appear in the Battle Agency, but they felt like it really didn't capture their spirit and came up with Rainbow Rocket.
The development team is pleased with the response to Rainbow Rocket.
Z-Crystals came about because Mega Evolution was limited to certain monsters and they wanted all Pokemon to be able to power up.

Q: Are you working on another Pokemon game?
A: Umm...uh...buy a Nintendo Switch if you don't already have one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Uggggh I'm grumpy about probably buying a Switch just for this uggghh.

But also people seem to love the Switch so it was bound to happen.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Parrotine posted:

Exactly, power up punch isn't in SuMo, but it is in ORAS so I need to breed it there to have Crush Claw before teaching it PuP, then transfer to SuMo

You cannot transfer any pokemon from SuMo to ORAS. The 'Khan could be from X/Y or ORAS, doesn't matter to me

You said "From" ORAS, i didn't know you needed one in ORAS. Yeah I just hatched one. Just PM me when you're able to tonight, I'll probably still be up.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HopperUK posted:

Uggggh I'm grumpy about probably buying a Switch just for this uggghh.

But also people seem to love the Switch so it was bound to happen.

Pokemon on the Switch = a fountain of money for Nintendo, it goes without saying it was bound to happen. the real question is whether it's this year or next. I'm beginning to think it's getting to the point they would have started showing stuff if it was going to be out this year.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

You have terminally bad taste, I am sorry.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hammerite posted:

Pokemon on the Switch = a fountain of money for Nintendo, it goes without saying it was bound to happen. the real question is whether it's this year or next. I'm beginning to think it's getting to the point they would have started showing stuff if it was going to be out this year.

The past two lead-ups to Gen 6 and Gen 7 are usually 10 months long with a trickle of promotional content. It's also within Nintendo's policy since the Twilight Princess debacle to promote upcoming games when they're basically done development and gameplay footage is almost always present in their trailers.

I'm certain that we won't get a title and an actual release date for this year.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Dehry posted:

The previous evil team bosses were only supposed to appear in the Battle Agency, but they felt like it really didn't capture their spirit and came up with Rainbow Rocket.

Haha, well I'm glad for this. Seriously, gently caress the Battle Agency. I used to check every day after work just to see if a helpful partner would randomly appear, but gave up ages ago. I never see anything but level 0 dinks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Star Man posted:

It's a gerbil

it's a giant pug

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I hate Raikou's butt.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You said "From" ORAS, i didn't know you needed one in ORAS. Yeah I just hatched one. Just PM me when you're able to tonight, I'll probably still be up.

It's ok duder, I managed to finally snag one a bit before I read this post, no worries

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Dehry posted:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/383/G038332/20180512011/

Here's a report from a Pokemon fan event:

Ultra Necrozma's theme is intentionally unfinished.
The development team is pleased with the response to Rainbow Rocket.
Z-Crystals came about because Mega Evolution was limited to certain monsters and they wanted all Pokemon to be able to power up.

Q: Are you working on another Pokemon game?
A: Umm...uh...buy a Nintendo Switch if you don't already have one.

I never found the UN theme to be unfinished sounding?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was actually the Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings forms before becoming Ultra Necrozma. I saw a better translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkQotAnSuM
versus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-Fcdochx4

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Ruggington posted:

Awww WB I've missed your trubbish posts.

How did your 6 yungoose run go?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Electricat making its debut in CoroCoro with a strategically placed paint splatter on the crotch

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cumfox explodes onto the scene

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Coating the competition, I see

Good speed, good attack, mediocre defenses and HP, terrible movepool though
Interesting effect on Plasma Fists though - any Normal-type moves used during the rest of the turn become Electric-type
...So does a Normal-type Z-move become Electric? 'Cause that sounds hilarious

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/miuuu_721/status/968138602327588864

7 generations of house cats and most of them are either Normal or Dark... I hope the gen VIII one will be something out of left field, like Dragon or Bug

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
jizzcat comes for the climax!

less laughter posted:

7 generations of house cats and most of them are either Normal or Dark... I hope the gen VIII one will be something out of left field, like Dragon or Bug

fighting :getin:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

less laughter posted:

Make a Normal/Bug cat that had a flea problem so bad it became a symbiote like Paras/Parasct.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Make a Normal/Bug cat that had a flea problem so bad it became a symbiote like Paras/Parasct.

Nomal/Bug that evolves into Bug/Grass when mushrooms start growing on its back

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oyster posted:

Awww WB I've missed your trubbish posts.

How did your 6 yungoose run go?

some dreams are just too ambitious for this hosed up world

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

http://garfemon.tumblr.com/

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Well that's terrifying.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Well...

:wtc:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

what???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

more proof that they're the legendary cats

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Why is one of the dorky genie pokemon (landorus) considered one of the best in the pokemon meta? I dunno, a flying/ground type doesn't seem all that special, you'd think Thunderus would be the better one if you had to pick one to use for a team

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Parrotine posted:

Why is one of the dorky genie pokemon (landorus) considered one of the best in the pokemon meta? I dunno, a flying/ground type doesn't seem all that special, you'd think Thunderus would be the better one if you had to pick one to use for a team

Because its Therian forme has;

1) intimidate
2) 145 base attack/105 base Sp. Attack
3) 91 base speed
4) Decent bulk

It can basically slot in to any team, get a free stealth rock set up since it has such useful resistances and immunities to enable its switch in, has an absurd variety of viable sets it can run which don't share the same counters...

Its a swiss army knife that also hits like a loving truck and can force any physically oriented pokemon out. Basically Gyarados if it was faster, had a usable special attack, better stats all around, better movepool and better typing.

gently caress Lano-T. Its the worst goddamn pokemon in existence and I am so sick of it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

Intimidate is really good and landork has the perfect stat spread to make use of it. He's got a huge fuckoff attack stat so he can threaten to do damage without having to focus his whole build on it, and his defenses and speed are meh but just high enough to be credible with appropriate boosts. So he can be a tank or a super speedy revenge killer or just start hitting like a truck and when you're facing one you don't necessarily know what you're looking at.

Ground/flying is also pretty great because it gives you a flier that isn't weak to Stealth Rock, plus it turns one of flying's other weaknesses into an immunity.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
How can I catch a good Landorus-T in Ultra Sun? It seems a little tricky to bring the right Synchronizer with you.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm not sure what's worse to hear, that the goony genie cat with the Lady Tremaine haircut is so busted it's scary, or that one of my favorite legends Hoopa can't even make it to Ubers :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
lando t is used a lot because he's a VERY handsome kitty and everyone likes him paws.

oh and also because u-turn is the best move in the game kind of by far

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 15, 2018