Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i miss mexican food so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:same:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Pappyland posted:

Another Tesla Crash. Any bets on whether Autopilot was on for this one?

get that techbubble snoozefest outta here. this is the hot sauce and sundry condiments thread.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my favorite mustard is english mustard but i also like brown and yellow.

room for allmustards at my table. :getin:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Jonny 290 posted:

ketchup is a hot sauce dont @ me

*changelog Jonny_290.xlsx*
ADD from Minnesota
*end changelog*

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

President Beep posted:

my favorite mustard is english mustard but i also like brown and yellow.

room for allmustards at my table. :getin:

my man you would love the national mustard museum then

i do, they have hundreds (thousands maybe?) of types, some are loving amazing. the problem is much like going to target, you go in there for one or two types of mustard and come out $100 poorer and 15 new mustard types.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my man you would love the national mustard museum then

i do, they have hundreds (thousands maybe?) of types, some are loving amazing. the problem is much like going to target, you go in there for one or two types of mustard and come out $100 poorer and 15 new mustard types.

Can confirm that the Mustard Museum is a must-see.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Hot sauce supremacy: chili flakes

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

something tells me that’s not the first time elon “no bliks” musk has thrown around the word chimp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

dat pizza hut nostalgia :allears:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder how long it would take calling ol musky a web developer before he butted in that he’s actually a “physicist”

and then troll him about APS membership status

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Chili oil is where it’s at.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fatties

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My working theory right now is that the tech companies' stubborn "we are making the world a better place" horseshit by-line is a coping mechanism invented by the nerds who work there, who grew up wanting to use science and engineering to make a brighter future and are having trouble accepting that their project for the last year has been working to improve click-through rates by 0.2% or something.

But quitting and working somewhere to make a difference would be hard, so instead they lie

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sagebrush posted:

quitting and working somewhere to make a difference would be hard, so instead they lie

the ultimate WONTFIX

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Uptime Sinclair posted:

nando's has a garlic peri peri sauce they put out that I've enjoyed

also: posting on the page that's the color of some people's yospos energy

311's problem is they keep making music. Go away and let us remember you fondly.

PyPy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 12, 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i bought an assortment of the hottest peppers known to man to see how much hotter they were than my usual pretty-high heat tolerance, and they actually weren't as bad as I was expecting, like not pleasant but manageable, so i guess i'm some kind of spicy god now or something

that's my spicy things story thanks for reading

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bump_fn posted:

because health reasons or geographical ones?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my bitter bi rival posted:

because health reasons or geographical ones?

he moved to jolly olde england lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

At least there's good indian food there, but the idea of not having access to good Mexican is really hosed up

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Tex-mex is a parasitic plague that is endangering real Mexican food the world over

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

he moved to jolly olde england lol

:owned:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bump_fn posted:

i once walked past a mexican place in london named "wahaca"

that name/spelling is all i needed to know about british mexican food

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
green lemons :discourse:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jonny 290 posted:

ketchup is a hot sauce dont @ me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i would partake in that

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

nobody ever eats there and they're famous for a country wide norovirus outbreak. yet still somehow in business

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
try living for 20 years in an area that latched on to a hick misspelling of 'aux arc' like a lamprey

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

try living for 20 years in an area that latched on to a hick misspelling of 'aux arc' like a lamprey

well actually

it's the lovely downtown area built by the waltons feat: bill and hill

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

syscall girl posted:

well actually

it's the lovely downtown area built by the waltons feat: bill and hill

https://twitter.com/DuncanBaird/status/949677984012742657

these motherfuckers never stopped selling freedom fries until the day they closed down last month

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you want to see the end goal of western white fascism, go spend a four day weekend in bentonville, arkansas

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

Tex-mex is a parasitic plague that is endangering real Mexican food the world over
having grown up in texas, this is completely correct

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

https://twitter.com/DuncanBaird/status/949677984012742657

these motherfuckers never stopped selling freedom fries until the day they closed down last month

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thats what u call them in chinese

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cerv posted:

nobody ever eats there and they're famous for a country wide norovirus outbreak. yet still somehow in business

nah wahaca is OK, they do micheladas so are immediately better than most places that just do "cheese with everything" tex mex. I guess they didn't call it oaxaca because the general population would have burned it down for being foreign.

also unrelated but on two occasions I have drunk more than half a bottle of tabasco as a shot and I would not recommend it

edit: samba oelek is the poo poo but I can't find anywhere that sells a decent type

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

i bought an assortment of the hottest peppers known to man to see how much hotter they were than my usual pretty-high heat tolerance, and they actually weren't as bad as I was expecting, like not pleasant but manageable, so i guess i'm some kind of spicy god now or something

that's my spicy things story thanks for reading

have you tried the one chip challenge?

had 3 friends split one and apparently it takes a good 3-5 minutes to kick in because at first all three were all "big deal" and then when it kicked in 1 guy was curled up in the tub and all 3 had sweat pouring off them like the dude in airplane and i was laughing my rear end off.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

have you tried the one chip challenge?

had 3 friends split one and apparently it takes a good 3-5 minutes to kick in because at first all three were all "big deal" and then when it kicked in 1 guy was curled up in the tub and all 3 had sweat pouring off them like the dude in airplane and i was laughing my rear end off.

Those paqui chips are good as hell. If I were trying to train myself to tolerate extremely spicy things, I'd start with using their ghost pepper chips, not as intense as the Carolina reaper, but still a challenge / bad idea to eat more than 2 or 3 at a time

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

spicy takes itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jony neuemonic posted:

spicy takes itt.
Dominic you rat!