Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Thundercloud posted:

New starter looks to be sigmarines vs death.

https://www.warhammer-community.com...ngTomorrowMay11

Death model looks great, Sigmarine looks a lot less mediocre than the previous iterations.

The mostly gold colour scheme still does them no favours. A lot of the original models look great in turquoise or maroon or anything else really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Milotic posted:

The mostly gold colour scheme still does them no favours. A lot of the original models look great in turquoise or maroon or anything else really.

The only sigmarines that look good IMO are the ones done up to look like stone golems.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wow did I buy a model for a GW game and instantly have it upended

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The promo image for the live blog has a cool lady Sigmar with tattoos and I'm down for that. I'm also down for AoS 2 but I'm not feeling the Sigmarine in the apron.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Deleter posted:

The promo image for the live blog has a cool lady Sigmar with tattoos and I'm down for that. I'm also down for AoS 2 but I'm not feeling the Sigmarine in the apron.

That is a badass lady.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This page seems to have pics of all the new AoS stuff: https://www.facebook.com/the2Pspodcast/

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hi. Back in this thread after seeing the new Black Coach. Holy poo poo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Skelteton Rats! Skrats!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I want to buy all the things... I was already jonesing for Nighthaunt. I guess I will just have to buy a couple starters.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Some more stuff here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/your-intro-to-the-mortal-realms-may-12gw-homepage-post-4/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-your-essential-guide-may12gw-homepage-post-3/

Also the beginning of that Sacrosanct Chamber video is really good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I like the new idea for predatory spells. That screaming fireball looks terrifying.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
https://youtu.be/bWljwmoaVAU
Welp. There goes more money, drat it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Sancrosact Chamber video posted too: https://youtu.be/Q9daI6m4KsM

"The hell I can't!"

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Both new armies look amazing. As usual it's the rules that will be the big deal though. Sounds like this also incorporates GH2018 points updates.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
As the harbingers for death and order are confirmed previews for the new armies, does that mean we will be getting new grots and, uh, norse armies next?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Goddamn it I'm gonna be buying cool wizard ladies and lightning bows. Stormcast having no war machines natively was such a weird thing when the Ordinator dropped.

Also glad to see GW has remembered how to be goofy when they need to. "The hell I can't!"

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought pretty much everything about AoS was dumb when it launched, but the more work they put into it the better it gets. It's moving up the list of games I really want to start pretty quickly.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I got into it initially just to collect and paint some sky dwarves and then whoops I'm suddenly having a lot of fun playing it too. I really like how radical the army abilities are compared to 40k, my main game. Stuff like tzeentch destiny dice and the nurgle/sea elf cycles allow the armies to play really fluffily.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I thought pretty much everything about AoS was dumb when it launched
Everyone did. It was a terrible game that was half assed and not ready for prime time. NuGW has done a great job of listening to people though, and rectifying their mistakes.

I'm wondering if the rules will still be four pages in the new edition, of if they have realized that's not really possible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They have very vague Q&A https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/WarhammerAgeOfSigmar-QA.pdf

Along with some setting explanation stuff. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/12/your-intro-to-the-mortal-realms-may-12gw-homepage-post-4/

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The designer on the announcement trailer just straight up says “no shooting out of combat” which I’m excited about.

Now they just need to change the first turn to what 40k has now (+1 to roll off for finishing deployment first) and that will be most of the changes I want.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy poo poo.

My gay little heart can’t take these new gals.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I want to paint the Ghostbusters logo on her right pauldron.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo.

I am loving in love.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo.

:same: I may finally give up all hope for my precious ogresogors and get these amazing not-grey knights.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The upset this is likely to cause in the old guard grog ranks delights me

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo.

drat, that looks incredible.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Yeah, ima buy the hell out of these models.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

quote:

Brian Blessed as Gotrek Gurnisson

Wait, what?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

There is a new Gotrek and Felix novel coming out and it's also in audio drama form. It appears that Brian Blessed is the voice actor for Gotrek.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Sancrosact Chamber video posted too: https://youtu.be/Q9daI6m4KsM

"The hell I can't!"

The more GW embraces the comic-book bullshit that Age of Sigmar obviously is, the better.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Is that Brian Blessed as Sigmar?

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Predatory Spells look awesome.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Those Nighthaunt models look amazing. As a DoT player, looking forward to unleashing roving purple balls of death across the field. Like a more expensive version of the templates of old.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Milotic posted:

Those Nighthaunt models look amazing. As a DoT player, looking forward to unleashing roving purple balls of death across the field. Like a more expensive version of the templates of old.

Yeah those models are sick. I'm tempted just by the fact that I can paint them with almost nothing but glazes.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ghosties look neat but yawn more sigmarines. i guess constantly pushing their lovely mary sue faction as hard as they have been works on certain people

also legit wondering if the deepkin book that just released will be compatible with the new edition

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Real tempted to get me some Nighthaunts, I want the spookum force, now I just need to find someone to sell off my starter box dudes to.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

S.J. posted:

Yeah those models are sick. I'm tempted just by the fact that I can paint them with almost nothing but glazes.

Nighthaunts are gonna be a good starter army because it's so easy to cheat painting them with a white spray, some green shade and a thinner. Plus, spoopy ghosts!

Dunno if I'd shell out the the spell templates, but I hope there'll be some easy templates on card or something to use. Or, if not, I'll make my own.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Nighthaunts are gonna be a good starter army because it's so easy to cheat painting them with a white spray, some green shade and a thinner. Plus, spoopy ghosts!

Dunno if I'd shell out the the spell templates, but I hope there'll be some easy templates on card or something to use. Or, if not, I'll make my own.

Presumably you'd just need a base of the correct size, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ghosties look neat but yawn more sigmarines. i guess constantly pushing their lovely mary sue faction as hard as they have been works on certain people

also legit wondering if the deepkin book that just released will be compatible with the new edition

Yeah I bought that book and an akhelian king...

• Locked thread