Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
lol what is even happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

And from what I gathered of their finances the last breath drawn before bankruptcy.
Are we witnessing attempted insurance fraud? :thunk:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao of course papadapolous is in the middle of this

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016
Bye HSV. Was long overdue.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

April Fool posted:

Bye HSV. Was long overdue.
And another record taken by Bayern. :argh:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
man

after years of being horrible teases about it they finally did it, ironically when they've been playing pretty well the last month or so and look totally fit for the bundesliga, way more than in previous seasons.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

man

after years of being horrible teases about it they finally did it, ironically when they've been playing pretty well the last month or so and look totally fit for the bundesliga, way more than in previous seasons.

Yeah this is the best part lol. Karmic payback for that year where they stayed up on one (1) away goal

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Why do you guys hate Hamburg so much?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Brony Car posted:

because their fans are dickheads and they loving suck and the team is so proud of its history of never having been relegated and being the most historic and important bundesliga team even though they've mostly sucked big time rear end, especially in our lifetimes.

e: also they've narrowly escaped relegation a few years in a row despite being absolute dogshit.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's the bad Hamburg club, all too eager to point at their goddamn stadium clock keeping track of how long they've been in top flight while fighting relegation and being a has-been instead of a big club.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In a way, they're a lovely version of Liverpool.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/995316852111892480

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Truly "diabolical"

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Brony Car posted:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Ugh, of course Dortmund lost their last home game keeping us out of the champions league.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

General Probe posted:

Ugh, of course Dortmund lost their last home game keeping us out of the champions league.

Their last home game was a week ago.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Honestly if anything, Hamburg needed this. Always scraping by wasn't good for anyone.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Last game then, whatever

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016
HSV - FC St. Pauli next season will be great!

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I hate football.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We did it, everyone

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:pgabz:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm so glad Uns Uwe lived long enough to witness this.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

They solved their clock dilemma by the way: it keeps running, but will now say "Tradition seit:" and count up from their founding :ms:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Smirr posted:

They solved their clock dilemma by the way: it keeps running, but will now say "Tradition seit:" and count up from their founding :ms:

I hate this

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Escaped relegation by 1 point :kiddo: Feeling bad for Braunschweig though, in the 1. Liga they would be in 13th lmao

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Dunban posted:

We did it, everyone

But neither Bremen or Bayern München got relegated. :

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Poor Aue, they got totally hosed by the refs in the last 3 games. If there's any shady poo poo in the relegation game it'll be time to put on the tinfoil hats.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Soooo how are we feeling about the whole Gündogan & Özil situation?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'ma just keep my mouth shut because lmao not getting into Receps grill.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dunban posted:

hoh boy :yikes:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Really excellent timing with the World Cup squad reveal being tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't have cared enough, but I'll definitely watch that live now.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The real crime here is Gündogan's mustache.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

I'ma just keep my mouth shut because lmao not getting into Receps grill.

Bist du eigentlich Deutsch - Türke oder wie man das auch immer nennt?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Dunban posted:

Just proof that most footballers are pretty much stupid idiots who can play a stupid ball game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
And of course nothing happened and they're still part of the World Cup squad.

https://twitter.com/DFB_Team/status/996346041975918593

Dunban fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 15, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Petersen over Wagner is the only semi surprise with the nominations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Infected posted:

A sane manager wouldn't include Manuel Neuer.

Anyway, season recap: Everything sucks. HSV down, Bayern Meister again, Schalke placed higher than Dortmund. :(

Also: Tedesco is a Hurensohn, etc.

That said, it is nice to see some fresh faces being pretty successful. Kovac, Nagelsmann, Herrlich, Tedesco. It's so bad when all these 70 year old Opas get another chance in the Bundesliga when clubs need a new manager, only to be fired at the end of the season, if not before. Looking forward to next season, can they replicate that feat? Schalke arguably finished below their potential quite a few times recently, and the core of the successful Leverkusen team under Schmidt was still there. Nagelsmann and Kovac have already proven to be talented, let's look how their careers continue.

Kovac's will hopefully crash ;)

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dunban posted:

I'm looking forward to 1 or 2 weeks of Empörung and awkward, unintentional nationalism.

Infected posted:

Gomez would have been better. :colbert:

I guess Neuer will play one or two games until it becomes clear that he hasn't had enough match practice, which will give Ter Stegen enough anxiety to produce some major blunders.
All in all a p good squad imo. Good enough to lose the semifinal to a beatable team that gets eliminated 4:0 in the final. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Myron posted:

I'm looking forward to 1 or 2 weeks of Empörung and awkward, unintentional nationalism.

Gomez would have been better. :colbert:

I guess Neuer will play one or two games until it becomes clear that he hasn't had enough match practice, which will give Ter Stegen enough anxiety to produce some major blunders.
All in all a p good squad imo. Good enough to lose the semifinal to a beatable team that gets eliminated 4:0 in the final. :toot:

Gomez is there though. He also has to kick one of the goalies out as he's only allowed to bring 3, so he's definitely doing a wait and see approach with Neuer.

Honestly I'm mostly annoyed that Löw and Bierhoff had their contracts renewed again.

• Locked thread