Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wild EEPROM posted:

phone in left front pocket

wallet in right front pocket

keys in right back pocket.

i used to wear them in back left pocket but now its front right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
phone in front right, keys and knife in front left, wallet in back right. also get a girlfriend that carries a purse, that way you can give her your wallet whenever you are sitting down in a restaurant or something and don’t want to sit on your wallet.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

wow you must live in a rough area

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Soricidus posted:

wow you must live in a rough area

sometimes you need to you know cut things

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

bronin posted:

http://www.iainsinclair.com/en/knives.html

youre welcome

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.iainsinclair.com/en/about-us.html

Some real nice old computer designs on that page, shame they just make "tactical" stocking stuffers these days

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

bronin posted:

if the good lord had wanted us to carry knives, he wouldn’t have given us teeth

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

ah yes. dateknife.com

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Soricidus posted:

if the good lord had wanted us to carry knives, he wouldn’t have given us teeth

but look at how perfectly a knife fits in the human hand. our hands were designed to hold knives.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Matinee posted:

http://www.iainsinclair.com/en/about-us.html

Some real nice old computer designs on that page, shame they just make "tactical" stocking stuffers these days

yeah that nixie digital clock alone is impressive. thats a long way to becoming the knife and flashlight store

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe sir jonythan can nick that palladium console design because that also looks cool

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jony neuemonic posted:

yeah bring back the 5c colours for the next iphone se. i’d buy the heck out of a lime green iphone.

:same: but kiwi green like a gbc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Lol at all you plebs who have to carry things in your pockets or purses. Where's your manservant?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

Lol at all you plebs who have to carry things in your pockets or purses. Where's your manservant?

covering your posts with palm leaves

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Yeah I’m not exactly carrying around a machete or something. Don’t know what you guys pictured when I wrote “knife” but it ain’t a Bowie. To be honest a Swiss Army knife is probably enough for 95% of the people that want to cut things and tighten the odd screw (or open bottles of beer/wine)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bronin posted:

Yeah I’m not exactly carrying around a machete or something. Don’t know what you guys pictured when I wrote “knife” but it ain’t a Bowie. To be honest a Swiss Army knife is probably enough for 95% of the people that want to cut things and tighten the odd screw (or open bottles of beer/wine)

use your fists

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the brave goon searches the urban wilds for screws to adjust, small strings to shorten, bottle caps to remove from their prison towers

the wind whispers through their cargo jorts. ~*incel*~

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the brave goon searches the urban wilds for screws to adjust, small strings to shorten, bottle caps to remove from their prison towers

the wind whispers through their cargo jorts. ~*incel*~

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i never before considered the joy of living in a place free of knifecrime where i can have my phone in my manpurse in peace

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i had this beautiful post lolling at people who still worry about pickpockets, but i guess it got eaten

anyway lol at people who still worry about pickpockets

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
oh no there it is

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

on the one hand it might seem like a sheltered thing to be concerned about but loads of cities have problems with petty theft. it also speaks to your station in life and where you are geographically to not care. where I am now it’s not a real concern but I’ve had my wallet stolen from me when it was in my back pocket years ago and so I just don’t put it there (also it will gently caress your back to sit on)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if you worked a cash job and having this poo poo stolen from you would effect your ability to make rent or eat for the month I’m sure you would care more

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i’m just shitposting. for a variety of reasons, pickpocketing is basically nonexistent in the us

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rjmccall posted:

i’m just shitposting. for a variety of reasons, pickpocketing is basically nonexistent in the us

thank god for chain wallets

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rjmccall posted:

Well seriously, if they grab your wallet and run, you just shoot them. What's a Brit going to do? Affix a pocketknife to the nearest long stick and wish they were any good at hurling a javelin?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
wallet in front pocket what the gently caress?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

do you seriously sit on your wallet all day?

Apple iPhone SE. Mac OSX

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

OldAlias posted:

Apple iPhone SE. Mac OSX

I don’t sit all day and it sits on my desk when I’m working

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i’ve had poo poo pulled out of my back pockets before don’t diss it

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

wallet in the front pocket when visiting touristy areas only

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

James Baud posted:

Well seriously, if they grab your wallet and run, you just shoot them. What's a Brit going to do? Affix a pocketknife to the nearest long stick and wish they were any good at hurling a javelin?

apparently people's best guess is that pickpocketing lore has basically died out in the us and nobody knows how to do it properly anymore. it's hard to be a surreptitious pickpocket, and it used to get passed down generation to generation, oliver-twist-like, but that doesn't happen anymore. also wallets just aren't as valuable anymore because people carry less cash and credit cards have gotten harder to fence, so the grab-and-run thieves just specialize in cell phones

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 13, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yeah like feel free to steal my wallet, I’m going to notice in less than an hour and I don’t have cash so enjoy your $20 wallet full of plastic

iPhone though? I’d be screwed (but they’d just end up with a worthless paperweight so lol either way)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

nfc can be abused (but with limits on total amount spent and number of uses at least.) it still happens in dense crowds and subways and tourist spots. I’ve felt more attempts in Europe fwiw but was robbed in Canada

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah like feel free to steal my wallet, I’m going to notice in less than an hour and I don’t have cash so enjoy your $20 wallet full of plastic

iPhone though? I’d be screwed (but they’d just end up with a worthless paperweight so lol either way)

this is a thing that makes android funny and poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
lol if your rear end is so powerless that you can fit anything in your back pockets, let alone one of the enormous phones or costanza wallets that are so popular with you people

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

OldAlias posted:

Apple iPhone SE. Mac OSX

do you sit on like a wooden bench or something?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rjmccall posted:

i had this beautiful post lolling at people who still worry about pickpockets, but i guess it got eaten

anyway lol at people who still worry about pickpockets

never even heard of one in nz

like I’m sure it happens but I’ve never heard of anyone personally having that happen to them

so wallet in back, thin leather with few cards

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

do you sit on like a wooden bench or something?

beep boop my back is hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rjmccall posted:

there is really only one reason

pickpocketing is a skilled profession that only works in places with pedestrian crowds. there are fewer of those today in america than ever before, so there are fewer apprentices to the old hands in crime

afaik the only places you can still be pickpocketed stateside are in nyc