Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Heroes of the Dorm championship has started, first up is Kentucky vs Laval. They have a live audience and one of the casters has the delivery of a WWE announcer.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I'll try this Pyro tips, just seeing a TON of Pyroblast usage all of a sudden. Like everyone is using the dumb thing! Or could be because I'm shamefully playing 95% Tracer games.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I'll try this Pyro tips, just seeing a TON of Pyroblast usage all of a sudden. Like everyone is using the dumb thing! Or could be because I'm shamefully playing 95% Tracer games.

Pyroblast was bugged for a while after the last patch, giving it the lvl 20 cd reduction at lvl 10. Might because of that.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Star posted:

Pyroblast was bugged for a while after the last patch, giving it the lvl 20 cd reduction at lvl 10. Might because of that.

Makes sense, people not noticing it got hot fixed.

Some dude kept pyro'ing me as Genji too :psyduck:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Sylvanas' kit is so awesome for pulling off crazy multikills, the biggest challenge when playing her is to resist the temptation to hauntwave around shooting people when it's not safe.

Was playing her on the dragon map, i was defending a gate from the dragon which knocked me backwards into the lane, right on top of a full health guldan. Before he knew what was going on I unloaded all of my arrows, hauntwaved through him, arrowed him again, another free hauntwave through him, another arrow quiver, followed by the silence arrow in his face, all within about 3 seconds.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 12, 2018

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
This was one of the worst games of hots I have played in months. I have never been so miserable during a match. https://www.hotslogs.com/Replays/ShareReplay?ReplayShareID=22957

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Makes sense, people not noticing it got hot fixed.

Some dude kept pyro'ing me as Genji too :psyduck:

I got pyroblasted as Zul'jin.

Tazdingo is a beautiful thing.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I had a unranked draft game where I said I was not willing to play healer as last pick to a 4 team. The response was a tirade of calling me a sheep and trying to bully me or something, it was really weird, like they thought that would make me heal for them. Muted them all and played Probius.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

tcjimbo posted:

This was one of the worst games of hots I have played in months. I have never been so miserable during a match. https://www.hotslogs.com/Replays/ShareReplay?ReplayShareID=22957

it wasn't the best match but the raging didn't help the NEXUS SPIRIT

doverhog posted:

I had a unranked draft game where I said I was not willing to play healer as last pick to a 4 team. The response was a tirade of calling me a sheep and trying to bully me or something, it was really weird, like they thought that would make me heal for them. Muted them all and played Probius.

Yeah it's weird. Like someone saying "I won't do X role", especially support/tank makes people feel like you're forcing them to play something they don't want to. But then again some people just aren't that good at those roles and want to give people a heads up.

So kindof a minefield on how to not trigger your team.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you’re going to play draft I think you need at least two warriors, two assassins and two supports you can play at any time. Saying “I DON’T PLAY <class>” makes you a prima donna. Saying “I’m not that good at <class>, but I do play <insert two classes>” makes you someone who cares for the team. You still might end up playing your worst class and being terrible, but at least you gave them a heads up in advance and they had to take that in account when they picked their own hero.

Of course, at the end of the day nothing is stopping you from playing whatever you want, prima donna be damned! Just realize that you can’t really criticize other picks from that point on.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
When asked to play support, and they're rude about it, slampick Tyrande. It feels good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mierenneuker posted:

If you’re going to play draft I think you need at least two warriors, two assassins and two supports you can play at any time. Saying “I DON’T PLAY <class>” makes you a prima donna. Saying “I’m not that good at <class>, but I do play <insert two classes>” makes you someone who cares for the team. You still might end up playing your worst class and being terrible, but at least you gave them a heads up in advance and they had to take that in account when they picked their own hero.

Of course, at the end of the day nothing is stopping you from playing whatever you want, prima donna be damned! Just realize that you can’t really criticize other picks from that point on.

No the point of that post was that a 4-stack expecting you to heal for them gets to go gently caress themselves (i agree).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 13, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

No Wave posted:

No the point of that post was that a 4-stack expecting you to heal for them gets to go gently caress themselves (i agree).

Yes, they were a 4 stack, I was last pick in draft. If I play HL I will play support, usually end up doing it. In unranked draft I let people know what I am going to do so they can adjust what they do accordingly. These guyes started to literally call me a sheep and command me to play support. Like I was sort of offended but also confused, does doing that actually work on someone?

I reserve the right to not play support in any mode other than HL.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you can't handle me at my PROBIUS, you don't deserve me at my LILI

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

No Wave posted:

If you can't handle me at my PROBIUS, you don't deserve me at my LILI
New thread title

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Probius can give shields at level 13. He’s basically a support.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Tyrande is a great support, she can do a lot to help out the team, provide map sight, stuns, etc.

She's just a terrible main healer.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
I don't normally tune in to Heroes of the Dorm, but I'm certainly glad I watched the semis and finals last night, because Game 4 of CPP vs Buffalo may be amongst the most entertaining professionally-cast HotS games of all time. Thanks to Gobbel for posting about it!

Thoughts on the series:

I only tuned in starting from game 3 of CPP vs Buffalo, unfortunately; incredible hype of game 4 aside, CPP absolutely deserved to lose the series simply based on how poorly the Abathur played. Not in terms of poor mechanical execution, but the absolute unwillingness to put the body out there to soak XP. In game 3 (Volskaya), there would be several-minute slugfests for the capture point at the bottom of the map, and Abathur would be hiding at base the whole time. CPP was even on experience when they should've been way ahead, and far behind when they should've been even.

The trend continued in game 5, where I thought CPP had a very clever drafting strategy, but Abathur once again had no courage to get XP himself, even when they had full vision on Buffalo and were otherwise occupied by objectives. I really liked CPP's composition, but the tanks didn't provide sufficient cover for the Cassias to do her/their thing, Sanct was always mistimed (if used at all), and blinds were cast haphazardly rather than with a plan to stop burst or increase Cassia damage. A real shame.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
TIL - dont pick maiev into stukov. The entire game was either (1) me thinking I had a good engage angle, going in, and being stuck into a giant circle of poo poo or (2) waiting to go in because that loving stukov kept holding his circle for me.

Most unfun game ever.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

doverhog posted:

Yes, they were a 4 stack, I was last pick in draft. If I play HL I will play support, usually end up doing it. In unranked draft I let people know what I am going to do so they can adjust what they do accordingly. These guyes started to literally call me a sheep and command me to play support. Like I was sort of offended but also confused, does doing that actually work on someone?

I reserve the right to not play support in any mode other than HL.

I like when you solo queue and the draft goes real wonky, then you get to the loading screen and it's like "wait those folks were together???"

Really like the method of calling someone a sheep in chat though.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

GenericOverusedName posted:

Tyrande is a great support, she can do a lot to help out the team, provide map sight, stuns, etc.

She's just a terrible main healer.

She and Rehgar are super fun to play when I feel like we need some support action but I wanna feel more proactive and vicious. They both have a rough time solo support but in my extremely amateurish opinion they can make up for that.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Rooting folks with Stukov is my favorite supporty thing.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

No Wave posted:

If you do take Tychus' bigger they are ding fiesta, be aware that the heal on That's The Stuff will proc as soon as you Odin. One of the weird hots interactions that could actually be useful.

I don't think I've been this mad about something Tychus-related since he got his range hashed. Holy poo poo.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kith posted:

I don't think I've been this mad about something Tychus-related since he got his range hashed. Holy poo poo.

Why are you mad? Isn't being able to desperation proc the heal instantly a GOOD thing?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

For people one-tricking nazeebo, I assume the go-to build is toads /w soul harvest at 16?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm partial to the spider build if you can land the jars.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I always do spider build because the idea of throwing a jar of spiders at a powerful wizard or something makes me laugh

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Spiders do more damage to morale than toads so yeah

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
Toads if they have big slow tanks or dive comp

Spiders for targeting their backline instead

Both are equally funny imo

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I always do spider build because the idea of throwing a jar of spiders at a powerful wizard or something makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEf156Aih0Q

Always relevant, always worth reposting. :allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mind over Matter posted:

Why are you mad? Isn't being able to desperation proc the heal instantly a GOOD thing?

Before Blizzard hosed up Tychus's range and That's The Stuff, the Laser was the ult that you took if you wanted to focus on Minigun - it didn't interrupt Minigun like Odin did, so you took Laser to ensure that:

A) you maintained your health shred for as long as possible
B) you maximized your That's The Stuff value

However, since That's The Stuff got changed to on-end healing instead of sustain and Odin allows you to proc that whenever you want, there's literally no reason to take the Laser Drill now - Odin is effectively the only ultimate that Tychus has.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Odin is so cool, so I dont mind taking it every game. It's the one piece of new unit design that SC2 ripped off wholesale from Games Workshop (they should have ripped off more).

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U3VF3id8Kw New skins are good

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/21749145/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-may-14-2018-2018-5-14/ patch notes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devastating charge looks like it got massacred (still might be the pick idk). I think his wave clear actually got nerfed. Shadow charge range now set at 8.5 instead of talenting into 9.8 range 100% of the time. I think this is a net nerf (not surprised, he needed one).

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Update looks great, but, unironically, does Blizzard catch poo poo from the SJW police for this?

fake edit: update skins look great, RIP diablo, no idea about Lunara plays out

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That arreat crater animation :o

Can't believe blizz is making me choose between my two favorite ladies.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Garrosh with a chair instead of his axe is SO GOOD

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I have mixed feelings on Mariachi E.T.C.

On the one hand, I like E.T.C. and we definitely needed a mariachi skin for someone this patch.

On the other hand, while I may not enjoy playing them, the Lost Vikings would have been perfect for a full mariachi band... and they got passed over. Again. The Lost Vikings have literally not gotten a new skin since they were added to the game over three years ago. And that's really, really disappointing. :smith:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
These skins are so good. There's no way Ill have enough shards for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

I have mixed feelings on Mariachi E.T.C.

On the one hand, I like E.T.C. and we definitely needed a mariachi skin for someone this patch.

On the other hand, while I may not enjoy playing them, the Lost Vikings would have been perfect for a full mariachi band... and they got passed over. Again. The Lost Vikings have literally not gotten a new skin since they were added to the game over three years ago. And that's really, really disappointing. :smith:

I can sort of understand why? LVs need 3 skin models for every new skin and there's next to nobody who actually plays them. So it would be a ton of work for really no payoff. Still sad though.