Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah sure. I’ve no doubt people are really impressed by your in depth knowledge of whatever lovely prog rock you almost certainly listen to.

looks like someone has a case of the "yeah he prollies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You should only listen to rap, country, and top 40.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

:lol: hit me with what better bands I should be listening to with my one example you have for reference being GBV. Given the general trash music taste of goons I think this will be funny to hear.

I will suggest Skinny Puppy's Too Dark Park. Great from start to finish with none of their more popular songs on it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

:lol: hit me with what better bands I should be listening to with my one example you have for reference being GBV. Given the general trash music taste of goons I think this will be funny to hear.

You seem like a huge douche and GBV isn’t much to go on but here’s some bands across several genres whose discographies are pretty consistent:

Fugazi
Led Zeppelin
OutKast
Bomb the Music Industry!
Blue Oyster Cult
Converge
Immolation
Dinosaur Jr.
The Roots

Obviously when you get into stuff with huge discographies there are gonna be some clunkers but if you find 80% of every album to be bad then maybe you just don’t like the band!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m half joking, I don’t know why you guys are shocked I’m giving you poo poo back when you are talking smack about my unpopular opinion.

Tbh of those bands you listed, the ones I like are ones where I cherry pick songs all the time. I was actually just listening to a fugazi playlist I made last night that’d I’d much rather listen to than full albums anymore.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Stardew Valley needs a sequel, not multiplayer.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are no new exercises any more. Any new fitness fad is a scam that repackages the same routines everyone else has already known for 200 years. Maybe something like Pilates is new but the benefits are questionable (connecting the spirit to your body or some nonsense) compared to just taking a jog. Exercise should also not be gendered. There's no need for women to only focus on "toning" while manly men refuse to do dance or whatever. It's all good.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 23:18 on May 10, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jogging is garbage exercise for idiots.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The dude who ran the Marathon was not running for fun. It's as if Big Brother season 3000 were renamed the Birkenau Challenge

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

There are no new exercises any more. Any new fitness fad is a scam that repackages the same routines everyone else has already known for 200 years. Maybe something like Pilates is new but the benefits are questionable (connecting the spirit to your body or some nonsense) compared to just taking a jog. Exercise should also not be gendered. There's no need for women to only focus on "toning" while manly men refuse to do dance or whatever. It's all good.

i actually just invented one called the crunchasaur it’s when you do a glute bridge and a crunch at once there’s also a crunchasaur supreme where you add a leg lift and support your weight entirely on your hands.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Caufman posted:

The dude who ran the Marathon was not running for fun. It's as if Big Brother season 3000 were renamed the Birkenau Challenge

I mean yeah the marathon is not exercise it's for people that hate themselves. You actually lose muscle mass from doing it. All you need is to jog like 3 miles a couple times a week to stay relatively fit and add a little weightlifting.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Long distance running (especially in hot weather) is something that humans are amazingly good at so it makes sense to actually have competitions for it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the first Patlabor movie better than the second Patlabor movie

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Canemacar posted:

Stardew Valley needs a sequel, not multiplayer.

What would you add for a sequel? I’d play the poo poo out of it, for the record. I just don’t see it happening soon.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
More felonies, please

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

god damnit. I barely had my new av for a week. I guess I deserved it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

god damnit. I barely had my new av for a week. I guess I deserved it.

thats what happens when nerds have cash, my av's caption makes it for me at least

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I just feel bad for whoever keeps buying me avatars because I don't have avs on so i can actually browse this shithole at work and only really notice when it changes when someone mentions it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Someone bought me this avatar, and I am totally perplexed as to what it means.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Quick, someone buy yeah I eat rear end the butt back. The cats are taking over!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Caufman posted:

Someone bought me this avatar, and I am totally perplexed as to what it means.

I think it was posted in the funny pictures thread but it's an anti-smoking advert that's about smoking not looking cool and features a collage of insanely cool smoking animals.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Holy gently caress those animals are cool as hell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If I ever get a pet frog I'm going to name it Sticks and I'm going to let it smoke as much as it wants.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Some people actually enjoy exercise, for example people who run marathons do it bc they like long distance running and don’t care about muscle mass.

“Powerlifting? Idiot, don’t you know that being huge and lifting heavy will ruin your 20k??”

Caufman
May 7, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I think it was posted in the funny pictures thread but it's an anti-smoking advert that's about smoking not looking cool and features a collage of insanely cool smoking animals.

I recognize the source, but I have no clue about its connection to me. The last avatar someone bought me, the Spotlight poster, was because of my detestable popery.

I'm ambivalent about the smoking animals. Smoking is cool but cancer isn't :confused: What am I to think?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Smoking is cool because it causes cancer. It signals you are a bad boy, and willing to die, kill or gently caress for any reason, or no reason at all. :dukedoge:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Embracing death sets you free

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Just bought Mass Effect: Andromeda...and I'm not hating it. So far premise beach is good, and the rubbery looking people aren't too bad!

Caufman
May 7, 2007

doverhog posted:

Smoking is cool because it causes cancer. It signals you are a bad boy, and willing to die, kill or gently caress for any reason, or no reason at all. :dukedoge:

The thing about the cancer though is that it comes at you when you're old, afraid, and desperate to cling to every last remaining piece of vitality. It's not like playing chicken with no steering wheel, which is how you really show young people that you don't give a gently caress whether you or anyone else lives or dies.

MizPiz posted:

Embracing death sets you free

Unironically true in the most ultimate meaning.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Caufman posted:

The thing about the cancer though is that it comes at you when you're old, afraid, and desperate to cling to every last remaining piece of vitality. It's not like playing chicken with no steering wheel, which is how you really show young people that you don't give a gently caress whether you or anyone else lives or dies.

The wish for death and self destruction is not expressed openly, or admitted to even to yourself. So you only need to vaguely know that cigarettes are associated with death to know that they are cool, the rest is in the fine print.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
But is symbolism cool?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yes.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
:c00l:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I almost forgot about this post. Listen to PJ Harvey and Meshuggah.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Cicero was a fool who couldn't see which way the wind was blowing. And once he aligned against the triumvirate, he lacked the resolve to do more than shitpost about Anthony and get himself killed.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Rome was a trash state and anyone who holds them up as a standard can be safely dismissed

Edit:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Just bought Mass Effect: Andromeda...and I'm not hating it. So far premise beach is good, and the rubbery looking people aren't too bad!

If they didn't try to remind people of the things they liked in the previous games, I doubt it would've bombed the way it did. It's entirely serviceable and even fun when it's not just redoing something the last games did.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 22:38 on May 13, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They are perhaps the most influential civilization in Western history.

Like, that’s not even an opinion I think it’s just straight up factually incorrect

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fruit on the bottom posted:

They are perhaps the most influential civilization in Western history.

Like, that’s not even an opinion I think it’s just straight up factually incorrect

America is easily the most influential civilization in the contemporary world, are you saying it can't be trash?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

MizPiz posted:

America is easily the most influential civilization in the contemporary world, are you saying it can't be trash?

I’m not just talking about Rome at the height of its power. It was such a successful civilization that western civilization has largely spent the last several centuries aspiring to live up to it. Seriously, the Renaissance and Enlightment thinkers had a huge boner for Rome, “Kaiser” and “Czar” are both derived from “Caesar”, and just about every monarchy or dictator has at some point tried to paint itself as a successor state to boost its own legitimacy. As much as the US has done in its short lifespan, it’s hard to top that legacy and if we do manage to do that it won’t be apparent until long after we’re both dead.

Unless of course we’re both dead because the United States has ended the world.

I mean sure, by modern standards the Roman Empire is fairly barbaric but to just dismiss them as trash is some middle-school contrarian edgelord nonsense imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also there’s no such thing as a good state and all civilizations have blood on their hands hail Satan