Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Bring back cbble, make fy_iceworld a comp map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

I am son of the bitch

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 12, 2018

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

one of my favorite gaming memories is some turkish guy telling me he was going to gently caress my mom, my sisters and my dog. Its the little things

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
My favorite recent freak out was during an MM and the guy had been an rear end in a top hat all game. He didn't check a corner that I killed him in and he said "get cancer human being". He rage quit a few rounds later to play Far Cry 5 so he could change difficulty settings to easy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is from last night.

Rage is so good.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I am fueled by the rage tears of my enemies.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
my protip if you want to be fueled by a steady stream of impotent rage is to become good with any weapon that isn't one of the big 4. It's more than enough to make people incredibly upset and all you have to do is just play the game

the beauty of it is that it works just as well against silvers (who will say you will never become good) as it does against globals (who paradoxically call you a silver even after you've owned them)

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 13, 2018

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

Its probably more competitive now than back then.

I miss the time when Nip went 87-0. That was my favorite time in csgo competitive history.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bohemian Nights posted:

my protip if you want to be fueled by a steady stream of impotent rage is to become good with any weapon that isn't one of the big 4. It's more than enough to make people incredibly upset and all you have to do is just play the game

the beauty of it is that it works just as well against silvers (who will say you will never become good) as it does against globals (who paradoxically call you a silver even after you've owned them)

My favorite gun is the SG and man, people hate the COD gun.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Having even the most basic grasp on shooting the first 10 or so bullets of the P90 pretty much guarantees at least one person will start screaming racial slurs every time you mow them down. The only time I play comp any more is when I queue with my friends 4 ranks below me so that I can spray out 30 bombs and get yelled at for half an hour.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I am not a lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt, but the supreme court just unbanned ibuypower basically.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Up Circle posted:

I am not a lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt, but the supreme court just unbanned ibuypower basically.

The problem wasn't them betting. The problem was them betting then intentionally losing.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

The problem wasn't them betting. The problem was them betting then intentionally losing.

sorry are you a lawyer? why would i listen to you

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
N0thing, sgares, fifflaren, shroud, and lurppis are making a team together to play in the next season of Open. Hope they stream a bunch of games because that owns

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Am I an idiot if I prefer the famas to the m4?

I like that I can buy a famas and kit or famas and nades for less than an m4. I started using the famas more recently and now I don't even buy the m4 when I can afford unless I have a ton of money, but even then it seems like buying the famas lets me keep more money in my pocket in case my teammates need a buy, so I still usually go for the famas even if I have like $6k saved up.

Is this a bad thing? Is always going for the famas going to set me up failure at higher levels? I just got to silver 3 recently.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I do OK with a Famas, really like the Galil too, even though it stole some of the Famas' bullets

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

oliveoil posted:

I like that I can buy a famas and kit or famas and nades for less than an m4. I started using the famas more recently and now I don't even buy the m4 when I can afford unless I have a ton of money, but even then it seems like buying the famas lets me keep more money in my pocket in case my teammates need a buy, so I still usually go for the famas even if I have like $6k saved up.

Is this a bad thing? Is always going for the famas going to set me up failure at higher levels? I just got to silver 3 recently.

Youre going to miss out on frags sometimes because the famas requires you to land about 6 body shots after you dink someone to get a kill.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

oliveoil posted:

I don't know how to say it without sounding condescending but the answer is yes, without any doubt.

When people start getting better at higher ranks you need to get kills faster and more efficiently than the FAMAS is really capable of, otherwise you will just always be at a disadvantage to the guy holding the AK (or even an SMG sometimes factoring in the mobility). The range, accuracy, and damage are all considerably worse than the M4/AK and the gun has no other advantages that can be used to make up for that like SMGs/shotguns can in different situations. When the guy holding the AK is a silver it's not as big of a deal, but at higher levels if you don't get the kill with the first few bullets then you're the one who will be dead.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
That makes sense. How do people at higher levels dsal with not being able to afford an m4 and armor, though?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

oliveoil posted:

Yes

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

oliveoil posted:

That makes sense. How do people at higher levels dsal with not being able to afford an m4 and armor, though?

Three options:
1. Save and wait to buy the next round, if you can coordinate that with your team (just buy an upgraded pistol and that's it, if you can afford it, and get in a full buy the following round). This will be difficult to coordinate in silver, I imagine, but it's often the most optimal thing to do
2. If the rest of your team is buying, you can then consider buying a FAMAS/armor, SMG/armor, or pistol/armor, depending on personal preference and the situations you're planning on putting yourself in during that round
3. If you have a weird in-between amount of money you can pistol/armor and a grenade or two

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

oliveoil posted:

the famas is trash but sometimes you gotta use trash. if you need to win the upcoming round and you cant get an m4, sometimes you still need a rifle anyways.

buy stuff based on what you need to do

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Don't buy the famas and get a CZ and sit at the corner while your teamate bates for you. Now you have an AK.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Why buy the FAMAS when the UMP is almost as good

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Famas is a good gun because it laser shoots people in the head. Which is good because it takes 18 shots to kill them.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The good thing about the famas is that when you get second round one deaged in mid because you think you have a weapon for a long range engagement, you've only fed the t's a famas, which'll be more of a detriment than helpful

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mcvey posted:

N0thing, sgares, fifflaren, shroud, and lurppis are making a team together to play in the next season of Open. Hope they stream a bunch of games because that owns

Could be funny. Team of nice, personable players. Except lurppis who is a hateful shitbag.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Also, if T's have a full buy of AKs, don't buy a helmet if you're low on cash.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In general, if you are CT and you need X but you can't have X if you buy a helmet, show your glorious bald head off.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
never buy helmets when t's are on a gun round, common sense

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Hey please stop telling the new player to not buy a helmet. You should always buy a helmet (when you can afford.) especially at your level where people have no concept of money management and will probably be running around with SMG's and galil's more often than they should be.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

the bizon is in fact, both cool and good

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Agreed, I was one kill off an ace in a round with a Bizon yesterday. I always figured it was kinda poo poo based on TDM but using it in lieu of a P90 when I wanted to show off my polished helmet, it was a pleasant surprise.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The bizon is poo poo he was being facetious

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bizon owns. Buy after winning pistol, throw a smoke at a choke, hose that fucker down.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I guess it's all relative to the level of cs you're playing

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
What's wrong with the bizon?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

oliveoil posted:

What's wrong with the bizon?

It's not pro approved

Only smgs allowed are mp9, mac10, ump and maaaaaybe mp7

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

feelix posted:

It's not pro approved

Only smgs allowed are mp9, mac10, ump and maaaaaybe mp7

It's barely acceptable for rounds 2 and 17. If you buy it during any other round then you deserve to be killed immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bizon is the perfect gun.

As long as nobody has armor.