Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I skipped most of GTA 5 thinking I'd eventually get to a fun mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Evilreaver posted:

Time limits have their place. FTL and similar aren't exploration games, they're races against time by setting, premise and substance. (I'm not familiar with your other examples)

Games like Fallout 1 benefit less from their time limits. Yea, the game is premised on the vault running out of water, but the setting and substance of the game is that of exploration and worldbuilding, which is harmed by the presence of a timer.

I didn't mind the fleet mechanic in FTL, since if it catches you it's not an instant game over- you just have to fight a powerful ship while taking potshots from distant cruiser main cannons :v: but it plays into a risk-reward strategy, that you can hit up several nodes or go out of your way for something but weighed against getting caught.

I don't even really dislike the end boss, but it being a brickwall that asks "did you manage to get one of a few specific loadouts that can actually handle/damage this thing" is not so good.

A mode with no rebels/flagship would've been nice. I know there's a mod but I'm lazy and don't feel like setting up a mod so I want the developer to do it for me and have the option to easily switch back to the 'story' mode.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My problem with the new God of War is similar to the one raised, but not quite. It's that they threw away God of War's whole 'thing', in favor of being a Dad Game.

Someone at Polygon described the original God of War games as 'looking like how the band Disturbed sounds'. And that's absolutely true, it's the most nu-metal edgy adoration of ugliness I can think of in the entire medium. And that's not for me, personally, but I can see the appeal and respect that it has an audience. And now would be a really interesting time for more of that, because there's still people who like that--there always will be--it's just not the zeitgeist anymore. That sets it apart!

...so why make it a Dad Game? Why take a series that indulgent of immaturity, and make it about a dad learning how to be a parent? It kills appeal from the original, in favor of adding to a pile of something we've been oversaturated with for years now. I know the answer, that both the original target audience and the developers have grown up and become dads now, but I hate every time that happens because frankly, I find Dad Games to be the most boring trend I've ever seen from the industry.

Also, the game world looks like a more boring version of Skyrim. So they ditched the edgy gore aesthetic and didn't even replace it with anything good or unique.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
God of War isn't a boring version of Skyrim, it's a boring version of Dark Souls, down to the camera, overly health spongey enemies and slow gameplay.

Those things aren't terrible in Dark Souls and you could eventually become powerful and whatever but that never really happens in God of War

The people whining about Kratos being terrible are hilarious though: Congratulations on picking up on a major theme of the game that the character agrees with completely.

The real complaint I have about the game is that you never feel like a loving god of war. In the old games, you tore apart monsters, the bosses were huge, destructive creatures your ripped to hell or literal gods. Wrath of the Gods and Magic felt powerful, especially the former.

here he just punches people like a loving pleb and it doesn't even kill stronger enemies that quickly. Really, if they doubled the number of enemies and halved their health, it would have been a better game. Oh except for the trolls: gently caress the boring loving trolls. I literally cannot believe anyone found it acceptable to throw so many of those incredibly boring fights in

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic posted:

My problem with the new God of War is similar to the one raised, but not quite. It's that they threw away God of War's whole 'thing', in favor of being a Dad Game.

Someone at Polygon described the original God of War games as 'looking like how the band Disturbed sounds'. And that's absolutely true, it's the most nu-metal edgy adoration of ugliness I can think of in the entire medium. And that's not for me, personally, but I can see the appeal and respect that it has an audience. And now would be a really interesting time for more of that, because there's still people who like that--there always will be--it's just not the zeitgeist anymore. That sets it apart!

...so why make it a Dad Game? Why take a series that indulgent of immaturity, and make it about a dad learning how to be a parent? It kills appeal from the original, in favor of adding to a pile of something we've been oversaturated with for years now. I know the answer, that both the original target audience and the developers have grown up and become dads now, but I hate every time that happens because frankly, I find Dad Games to be the most boring trend I've ever seen from the industry.

Yeah, when are Mom Games going to become a thing?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

RareAcumen posted:

I actually can think of games where motherhood is an actual theme. It's not an actual trend, they're just aberrations, but they exist.

Also, everybody rightly hates one of them for its motherhood themes. And with others you have to kinda squint, like Bayonetta.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

God of War isn't a boring version of Skyrim, it's a boring version of Dark Souls, down to the camera, overly health spongey enemies and slow gameplay.

Yeah, the health-sponginess really gets bad later on. I just fought this loving valkyrie queen where my attacks were knocking off literal single pixels of her health bar. It ended up almost feeling like MMO-style cooldown whack-a-mole because the big runic attacks were the only thing that did any noticeable damage.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

glad she is dead posted:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through now, and I think the non-linear chronology is completely at odds with the idea of choice-based gameplay. It just seems that if the order and content of upcoming scenes is pre-determined then it completely destroys any illusion that I'm impacting the plot. In the end you just feel like a bored audience member pressing a button to continue a bad film every so often. I know that all the "your choices matter!" in games like these are bullshit smokescreens for railroading the player through a plot, but at least Telltale and Don't Nod usually camouflage that, at least on the first playthrough.

Honestly choices feeel like they actually matter in the chronological order. Cause you can see like, “oops this guy is gonna lose an eye” and he shows up without an eye in the next chapter, and not in the weird order where it’s 10 confusing hours of game play later where you don’t even remember why he lost an eye.

Quote-Unquote posted:

If you play Beyond Two Souls in chronological order you get tutorials like two-thirds of the way through the game because it literally just chops the original order into pieces and puts it back together.

It still works though, I had absolutely no trouble getting through the game with tutorials coming in later in. The fighting etc training is useless before that chapter so it’s not a problem.

rodbeard posted:

I skipped most of GTA 5 thinking I'd eventually get to a fun mission.

You clearly missed the side missions. Those are fun. At the end you have to steal drugs for your crazy mom. She’s like trash tv in person.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

FFXIII already proved Moms are Tough so the genre is no longer needed

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

RareAcumen posted:

Cooking Mama!

And there's some mom games but it tends to be bad because kind of the big issue is that dad games are like "look men it's ok to have emotions" so with a mom game it would be weird to be like "your emotions are good, you should absolutely have them and be a mom" which is already a thing girls are taught to do.

And Bayonetta was kinda odd in its story and nobody likes the story of Metroid Other M.

The real Mom Game is actually Overwatch where the female playerbase is close to 20%, roughly double that of the average for multplayer games, and playing Mercy or Ana you can actually be a Team Mom.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bewilderment posted:

playing Mercy

Are you still a mom if you hope all your children die

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

1stGear posted:

Are you still a mom if you hope all your children die

As far as I know, that's actually a requirement.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Barudak posted:

I saw a trailer for the movie breaking in and all I could think of was that drat line.

Also from what little I played of FF13 she was my second favorite character with Fro Chocobo being the best.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Triarii posted:

Yeah, the health-sponginess really gets bad later on. I just fought this loving valkyrie queen where my attacks were knocking off literal single pixels of her health bar. It ended up almost feeling like MMO-style cooldown whack-a-mole because the big runic attacks were the only thing that did any noticeable damage.

Valkyries are like, post-game superboss challenges so them being monstrously powerful is kinda the point.

Cleretic posted:

I actually can think of games where motherhood is an actual theme. It's not an actual trend, they're just aberrations, but they exist.

Also, everybody rightly hates one of them for its motherhood themes. And with others you have to kinda squint, like Bayonetta.

I mean more like a mom watching their son/daughter or some other type of child while dealing with the horrors of the world, whether they be zombies, demons, robots, aliens, etc.

Barudak posted:

Wait, so FFXIII was made so no one ever needs to make another one but Asura's Wrath wasn't the end of the dad game genre?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Most importantly how is the crafting in GoW? Is it the game ruiner this thread made it out to be?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Len posted:

Most importantly how is the crafting in GoW? Is it the game ruiner this thread made it out to be?

Nah, it just boils down to multi-currency shopping.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I really liked Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 but I also kinda resent it for starting the dad game trend.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I really liked Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 but I also kinda resent it for starting the dad game trend.

Dad game?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Outlast is so loving scary that I have like, a mini panic attack just thinking about opening the game. I am so tense and nervous and I just saw it on my dashboard or whatever and considered opening it.... I can’t.

I am so like, I don’t even know.

Also that crazy surgery guy with a huge knife is after me (my last save point) and I have no idea how to get past him. I am scared :(

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Valkyries are like, post-game superboss challenges so them being monstrously powerful is kinda the point.

Sure, but there are better ways to do "monstrously powerful" than making them take ten minutes of hacking on their faces to kill them. Not even the most grueling of Dark Souls bosses took so little damage from your attacks, and that's a game where you're supposed to feel frail and mortal vs being a literal God of Killing Things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Triarii posted:

Sure, but there are better ways to do "monstrously powerful" than making them take ten minutes of hacking on their faces to kill them. Not even the most grueling of Dark Souls bosses took so little damage from your attacks, and that's a game where you're supposed to feel frail and mortal vs being a literal God of Killing Things.

Well from your description I assumed that you fought the first one you found. I never felt the desire to fight them, personally, but they're like trying to take on a realm tear on one of those towers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thin Privilege posted:

Outlast is so loving scary that I have like, a mini panic attack just thinking about opening the game. I am so tense and nervous and I just saw it on my dashboard or whatever and considered opening it.... I can’t.

I am so like, I don’t even know.

Also that crazy surgery guy with a huge knife is after me (my last save point) and I have no idea how to get past him. I am scared :(

There should be a gun around in a cabinet somewhere. Have you found it?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

There should be a gun around in a cabinet somewhere. Have you found it?

No, I don’t have a gun. I’m in the air vent.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Maybe your stats are low? When a Valkyrie has a green health bar, the fights take like a few minutes. Just use all the tricks in your arsenal; arrows, summons, Runic Attacks, parries, and rage mode.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was playing the Avernum 2 remake and it reminded me of a problem I have with pretty much all of the modern Spiderweb Software games. To attack an enemy you click on them. But for some reason with this particular engine I find it really easy to accidentally click right next to an enemy instead, which will make your character try to move to that tile. So my archer is constantly trying to dash headlong into hordes of dudes. Also your characters can swap places with no penalty, but the pathfinding doesn't recognize this if you don't do it manually. So if one of your guys is blocking a door or something and you order another one to move past them, instead of swapping places they'll run off on some massive detour you haven't even explored yet aggroing 50 dudes on the way.

Those things aren't terrible in Dark Souls and you could eventually become powerful and whatever but that never really happens in God of War

The people whining about Kratos being terrible are hilarious though: Congratulations on picking up on a major theme of the game that the character agrees with completely.

Making a terrible character isn't necessarily bad writing, but if the terrible character is the PC and I hate all the poo poo that I, the player, am doing I'm probably going to put the game down. My college roommate had all the GoW games so I tried 1-3 and a PSP one (Chains of Olympus?) and I think if you added it all up I probably completed around 4/3s of a game between them. Kratos was just such a piece of poo poo that whenever he stopped killing minotaurs for five seconds and did something with any narrative gravity I just thought "gently caress this" and dropped the game.

I don't think I could come up with a premise for a game I found less appealing than "Kratos is redeemed through dadplot (with crafting!)" if I tried. I guess it would be a pretty awesome fakeout if 98% of the way through the game it turned out he just needed the kid's skull as a key to open a portcullis or something...

Also I haven't played the new one so maybe the writer became the Citizen Kane of video game writers but I hope no one is arguing that original trilogy Kratos is well written. They basically just transmuted some high school death metal lyrics into a videogame character. You don't have to be Shakespeare to come up with "a guy who totally sucks (but get this he realizes he sucks)".

The Uncharted series suffers from ludonarrative dissonance.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 02:31 on May 13, 2018

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

as gen x game designers hit middle age there's been a trend of triple A video games where the emotional beats all rely on the main character being a man who has to protect someone younger, sometimes their own kid and sometimes not

the walking dead, bioshock infinite, the last of us, god of war, witcher 3 sorta and probably others i can't remember offhand

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Making a terrible character isn't necessarily bad writing, but if the terrible character is the PC and I hate all the poo poo that I, the player, am doing I'm probably going to put the game down. My college roommate had all the GoW games so I tried 1-3 and a PSP one (Chains of Olympus?) and I think if you added it all up I probably completed around 4/3s of a game between them. Kratos was just such a piece of poo poo that whenever he stopped killing minotaurs for five seconds and did something with any narrative gravity I just thought "gently caress this" and dropped the game.

I don't think I could come up with a premise for a game I found less appealing than "Kratos is redeemed through dadplot (with crafting!)" if I tried. I guess it would be a pretty awesome fakeout if 98% of the way through the game it turned out he just needed the kid's skull as a key to open a portcullis or something...

Also I haven't played the new one so maybe the writer became the Citizen Kane of video game writers but I hope no one is arguing that original trilogy Kratos is well written. They basically just transmuted some high school death metal lyrics into a videogame character. You don't have to be Shakespeare to come up with "a guy who totally sucks (but get this he realizes he sucks)".

The Uncharted series suffers from ludonarrative dissonance.
You completed a 133% of them? (You meant to put those fractions the other way around)

Like, the whole point of OG Kratos as a character is that he literally blames absolutely everyone around him for the problems that have always and clearly been his fault. "GODS OF OLYMPUS!! WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO THIS!!??" he yells at the sky after he's murdered another couple hundred innocents and shat his pants

He's a teenage power fantasy, down to beating up his dad and loving random ladies and totally one-upping that loser Herakles. It was incredibly edgy and tryhard and it almost never tried for anything really deeper than that, aside from a little bit in the PSP game (Dragging down that game: it had teh best QTE aside from the last one in 3 and nobody played it) and was definitely a spectacle rather than substance game.

The whole concept of the new game is: What happens when that teenage power fantasy grows up? When it gets tired of huffing the smell of its own farts? Kratos thinks the exact same things that the people complaining about him as a character do: he agrees with the complaints that he's a terrible person who doesn't deserve to be redeemed and should just stay alone the rest of his days. The funny thing about the game isn't that it's about you protecting a kid as he grows and matures: it's about Kratos finally up and maturing enough to finally start accepting what he did, what he is, but hopes his son won't be. It's about him loving up as a parent and then realizing "oh maybe I shouldn't repeat the same stupid poo poo that made me into this incredible fuckup I am today"

It's not crazy good storytelling, but it's an interesting idea. Doesn't make up for the combat being criminally meh compared to the other games. Like, the few times I really had the flow it had in the older ones (dodging enemies as I messed them the gently caress up and constantly murdered them) it was great but it had way too many "better shoot a buncha arrows, charge my tepid power attack and then dodge attack poo poo" which is, blegh.

The fact you only get 3-ish weapons and no real magic is also lame because the Runic attacks do not make up for it, especially as switching between them is a loving pain.

Oh and they loving butcher Norse mythology in a way that's even worse than the Greeks but we're used to that from Americans at this point. They should just be glad that most of the modern Norse faithful are super chill; in the old days talking poo poo about the gods was literal blood feud material

Oh and whoever decided to use Icelandic for everything: gently caress you. It doesn't matter that I speak the language because they just pronounce poo poo randomly, with only þ and ð sometimes being correct (I literally blurted out "woah that was almost right!" when Mímir talks about Iðunn)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Brother Entropy posted:

as gen x game designers hit middle age there's been a trend of triple A video games where the emotional beats all rely on the main character being a man who has to protect someone younger, sometimes their own kid and sometimes not

the walking dead, bioshock infinite, the last of us, god of war, witcher 3 sorta and probably others i can't remember offhand

You've also got indirect Dad Themes at play that started cropping up, that mean things to dads and people in that stage of life but aren't explicitly about having a child, like how Uncharted 4 is about settling down and valuing family. I remember Just Cause 3 coming up in this bucket, too, but I don't know exactly how.

Also, you forgot Fallout 4.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Maaaaaaan I put the God of War collection in the ps3 and after using a dualshock 4 the 3 just feels weird. Maybe I'll stop being lazy and hook a DS4 up to the PS3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the wind gimmick in celeste world 4 can get stuffed

the joy in platformers comes from constant fluid forward motion and any mechanic that slows your movement to a crawl makes the game worse for it

i'm not a fan of tropical freeze world 4 for similar reasons

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cleretic posted:

You've also got indirect Dad Themes at play that started cropping up, that mean things to dads and people in that stage of life but aren't explicitly about having a child, like how Uncharted 4 is about settling down and valuing family. I remember Just Cause 3 coming up in this bucket, too, but I don't know exactly how.

Also, you forgot Fallout 4.

fallout 4 is a Parent Game because you can also play a woman :colbert:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Someone at Polygon described the original God of War games as 'looking like how the band Disturbed sounds'. And that's absolutely true, it's the most nu-metal edgy adoration of ugliness I can think of in the entire medium.

Kratos as a character and God of War as a series (until this newest one) is accurate to the themes and general tone of Greek myth. Ever read the Iliad?

"Then Tros, Alastor’s son, fell at Achilles knees,
clutching them, begging him to spare his life,
to capture him alive, instead of killing him,
moved by pity for a man the same age as himself.
What a fool! He did not know there was no way
to change Achilles’ mind—he was not a tender man
with a soft heart, but full of fighting rage. With his hands
Tros tried to clutch Achilles’ knees, desperate
to plead for mercy, but Achilles’ sword struck him
in his liver, which slid out from the wound.
Black blood, pouring from the gash, filled up his lap.
Then darkness veiled his eyes, and his spirit left him.

Next, Achilles moved up to Mulius and with his spear
struck him on the ear. The bronze point, driven in hard,
came out his other ear. Then he hit Echeclus,
Agenor’s son, with his hilted sword right on his head.
The blood made the whole blade hot. Then dark death,
his powerful fate, came down across his eyes.
Next, Achilles hit Deucalion—his bronze spear point
struck him in the arm where tendons meet the elbow.
His arm now useless, Deucalion stood there waiting,
staring death right in the face. Achilles hit him
with his sword blade in the neck, slicing off his head.
He knocked the head and the helmet far away.
From Deucalion’s spine the marrow spurted out,
as his body lay there, stretched out on the ground.

Just as a terrifying fire rages through deep woods
on a parched mountain, burning dense stands of trees,
as the driving wind blows flames to every spot,
that how Achilles, like a god, raged with his spear,
attacking and killing men all through the fight.
The dark earth ran with blood. Just as a man yokes oxen,
big bulls, wide in the shoulder, to grind barley
on a well-built threshing floor, and lowing oxen
quickly flatten all the grain, that how brave Achilles
drove his sure-footed horses to trample on the dead
and on their shields as well. The chariot axle underneath
got sprayed with blood. Blood soaked the chariot rails,
thrown up in gouts from horses’ hooves and wheel rims.
But Peleus’ son pushed on to win more glory,
blood spattered over his all-conquering hands."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

dumb. posted:

Arbitrary time limits are stupid and lazy.

Kinda the opposite of the thread intent, but I love how the older game Tron 2.0 made fun of how lovely time limits are. Bear in mind its been probably a decade since I've played it so I can't remember details:

At some point you have to go through an arena where some tanks are fighting you. Then you have to fight a lot more tanks. Your third time? Suddenly it's timed. As you're bitching about it in your head, some errant commented programming code floats over your vision. Basically, it says "well, doing this thing is fun, and timed missions are fun, doing this thing while it's timed is even better, right?"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Oh and they loving butcher Norse mythology in a way that's even worse than the Greeks but we're used to that from Americans at this point. They should just be glad that most of the modern Norse faithful are super chill; in the old days talking poo poo about the gods was literal blood feud material

ahahaahah this is the dumbest complaint. Who even gives a gently caress about ~*modern Norse worshippers*~.

And the mythology is accurate, its just written from the perspective of all the beings the Norse gods hosed over.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

1stGear posted:

Who even gives a gently caress about ~*modern Norse worshippers*~.

I mean it's pretty douchey of you to blow off pagans as here and there as they may be.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

There's a lot of chaff in GoW that's really frustrating. I still think the core gameplay is rock-solid, and I just wish it wasn't crowded by the frankenstein of popular game motifs they slapped on it. Naughty Dog Dad Plot, with shakey, low angle, cinematic cam... FROM approach to controls and enemy threat level - have been mentioned. Kratos has always been a force of nature, I don't think they really needed to give him the kind of pathos they did; it's like the last thing he needed.

Some things bugging me:

- The tight, over the shoulder camera. This worked in Resident Evil 4, because a claustrophobic camera makes sense for a survival horror game. It also makes sense for any shooter, where your target is at some range, and the tight camera problem is mitigated. 3rd person cover shooters aren't my favorite type of game, but it makes sense with that kind of camera. I think it sucks for close melee combat. They had to give you TWO mechanics to help you avoid getting hit from things you can't see.

- The "Hard" difficulty. This is not as big a thing, because I don't have to play on hard, but it's still kind of a bummer. Dragon Age 1, for example, if I played on Hard instead of Normal, it meant I had to micromanage, and at the beginning I had to use traps and poison and formations just to survive until later in the game. In God of War 2 even, playing on Hard meant you had to use new tactics. On Normal you can button mash and jump, and you'll beat the game - but on Hard, you actually had to change the way you played to get through it. GoW 4 gets it wrong. If you play on Hard, it just means that after you figure out how to beat an enemy or a group of them, you have to just keep doing it for a very long time. It's the exact same strategy, you just have to keep... on... doing it.

IDK, overall the game is great, and I guess it's just a product of its time.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Byzantine posted:

But Peleus’ son pushed on to win more glory,
blood spattered over his all-conquering hands."

What translation is this? I really like the prose.

Content: I am replaying Metal Gear Solid V, and the constant handholding and gated content is increasingly annoying, even if it's still super fun when you get into the mission.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Wanted By Weed posted:

What translation is this? I really like the prose.

I got it from here: http://johnstoniatexts.x10host.com/homer/iliad20.htm

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I mean it's pretty douchey of you to blow off pagans as here and there as they may be.

Without touching on the unfortunate virulent racists who associate with the fath, the oldest of the new Norse pagan traditions is younger than Thor comic books. If new Norse Religion adherents wanted to avoid the incomplete eddas from being used as material for authors of a myriad of other epic stories and adventures, some absolutely butchering their intent in name of earning billions of dollars by featuring an extremely blond haired gentleman as Thor, they are unfortunately very late to the story tradition that birthed God of War and going after the wrong target if God of War is where they start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'
I’ve just started Wolfenstein II after having a blast with The New Order and The Old Blood.

It’s fun and all but it feels like the difficulty is a little... off. I’m playing in the easiest mode but I’ve died more in the first couple of levels than I did in the whole of the last game. The positions of the officers make it a real struggle to take them out stealthily, too.

I’ll admit that I’m an impatient gamer and enjoy blasting through, but surely that’s why they have mockingly-easy difficulty modes!

Captain Lavender posted:

Naughty Dog Dad Plot

Imagine how different the film would have been if these were Citizen Kane’s last words...