Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

TETRIS IS FREUDIAN ART AND MARIO IS ABOUT CLASS CONSCIOUSNESS AND *chokes on own farts*

e: snipe, but no dogs because you people don't deserve them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

T-man posted:

The hell they don't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-man posted:

TETRIS IS FREUDIAN ART AND MARIO IS ABOUT CLASS CONSCIOUSNESS AND *chokes on own farts*

Tetris is clearly Marxist art, dumb rear end, it was made in the Soviet Union.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Reminder that the last time god of war came out there was a scene where you use a half naked concubine to hold open a gate before she gets crushed under its weight.
Or the one with an achievement titled bros before hoes for killing female enemies.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why ending the age of fire is the objectively best option for everyone, post 1 of 63.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

T-man posted:

I'm so glad I've never gotten the first post on a new page because there's no way I'd remember to post a dog

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Reminder that the last time god of war came out there was a scene where you use a half naked concubine to hold open a gate before she gets crushed under its weight.
Or the one with an achievement titled bros before hoes for killing female enemies.

Yeah, all those posts ignore that the articles are being written in the context of all the previous games in the series being about shock sex and violence and teenage ideas of what cool is. The new one is about fatherhood and has a more grounded story, so of course that's how the articles are framed. The contempt "gamers" have for games journalism is very tiring.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yeah, all those posts ignore that the articles are being written in the context of all the previous games in the series being about shock sex and violence and teenage ideas of what cool is. The new one is about fatherhood and has a more grounded story, so of course that's how the articles are framed. The contempt "gamers" have for games journalism is very tiring.

The new game relies heavily on the previous ones so ignoring them is kind of dumb and none of those articles really do anything other than lip service to them.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They were a failure because they were immensely popular with the wrong people.

Exactly. The people who grew up on Star Wars wanted adult Star Wars with more violence and mature themes and Lucas was all like, "nah nah it's a kiddie movie". I think Jar Jar being so terrible set the trilogy up for failure and people just found excuses not to like stuff from there. Like remove Jar Jar and the diner scene and maybe NOOOOOOOOOOO and the films get immensely better.

My kid loved the movies. She had a vague notion of the original Star Wars and knew that Darth Vader was a real bad guy, but didn't know his origin story. So she had genuine shock when Anakin became Darth Vader and was angry about it. Like a real emotional response. So I guess they weren't as bad as my nerd rage likes to believe they were.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Games journalists absolutely deserve contempt

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It's kind of funny to see people insult the older games for being "teenage ideas of cool" for drawing inspiration, themes and tone from Greek mythology, while lauding the new one because it's about Being A Dad (And Not Murdering Your Child In Rage This Time).

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 13:09 on May 13, 2018

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Kill all gamers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hihohe posted:

Kill all gamers.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Truly, gamers are the heroes of our society.

Thank you for your service, xXx_VVstrawberrygashesVV_420. :911:

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
I watched Phantom Menace as a kid and I loved Jar-Jar :downs:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Monglo posted:

I watched Phantom Menace as a kid and I loved Jar-Jar :downs:

SA qualifies as social media, right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/shpend_rashiti/status/993850271628488705

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Monglo posted:

I'm mentally ill

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My favourite part of AotC is the big lizard with the feathery mane that Obi-wan rides around on for a while.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

INCEL -> involuntary. Meaning "you're too ugly" or "you're too stupid" or "you're too angry" or "you're too ____ (blank) where ____ (blank) is something females don't like. It's really preying on a fundamental entitlement of females: which is even if your'e an ugly, stupid, angry, ___ female, there is ALWAYS someone that will F you. That's just a fact. If a woman wants sex, regardless of those factors, she can get sex. It won't be with brad pitt but she can have it if she wants it.

One cannot say the same of males. It's the opposite. It's very difficult for males to have sex, any male really. This idea is that even if your'e brad pitt, you say one stupid thing, or do one slightly wrong thing "to turn her off" or "make her upset", and "you're in the doghouse" or "you're on the couch"

Sex is always on female terms.

So INCEL is really a term that brings that difference to the fore and hammers it home. Its actually quite mean, when you think about it. It's a kind of female-domination or "fem dom" type of S&M made public through the magic of 'social fracture' ideation and 'social fracture' creation (provocateuring)

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Welcome back LoB

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RoboRodent posted:

My favourite part of AotC is the big lizard with the feathery mane that Obi-wan rides around on for a while.

You mean the chicken horse Ben Larry Kenobi hallucinated to the tune of Star Trek TNG in Auralnauts: The Revenge if Middle Management?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

People wouldn't hate you if you didn't try to meddle in other people's culture. Keep to yourself and the pogroms will stop. It's because you are a parasite that latches on to a civilization and exploits it's people through usury. Why do all of your elite work in law, media, and banking at a disproportionately over represented level?

Usury is the reason your people are hated. The parasitic nature of your race is your downfall. Learn a lesson from you neighbors. Plant an olive tree instead of burning one down.

I guess pattern recognition is anti Semitic.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

MizPiz posted:

Games journalists absolutely deserve contempt

Not saying they're all great, but the level of pure hate they get get from the community they're supposed to be writing for is just astounding.

Byzantine posted:

It's kind of funny to see people insult the older games for being "teenage ideas of cool" for drawing inspiration, themes and tone from Greek mythology, while lauding the new one because it's about Being A Dad (And Not Murdering Your Child In Rage This Time).

I'm not saying the new one is better for being more "mature" or anything, just a bit different. And the older games took from Greek myth, but they were definitely aimed at 00's teens. Yeah, the myths were violent as hell and filled with sex, but the tone generally wasn't "this is all loving awesome! Now do it again but wearing a cow suit and skateboarding!"

And "be a dad while trying not to murder your child in rage" sounds like the most Homeric poo poo ever.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RoboRodent posted:

same. Whenever I want to see good StarWars action, I turn on the coliseum scene in AotC.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Not saying they're all great, but the level of pure hate they get get from the community they're supposed to be writing for is just astounding.

I'm not saying the new one is better for being more "mature" or anything, just a bit different. And the older games took from Greek myth, but they were definitely aimed at 00's teens. Yeah, the myths were violent as hell and filled with sex, but the tone generally wasn't "this is all loving awesome! Now do it again but wearing a cow suit and skateboarding!"

And "be a dad while trying not to murder your child in rage" sounds like the most Homeric poo poo ever.

I'm not sure what the audience is for most those articles anymore. It just seems to be for other writers.

Maybe they're winning the "War" since I never ever hear anything good about game journalists. With the exception of people working for youtuber or maybe making content for youtuber on behalf of the publication. (I really like Here's A Thing from Eurogamer)

Lottery of Babylon posted:

People wouldn't hate you if you didn't try to meddle in other people's culture. Keep to yourself and the pogroms will stop. It's because you are a parasite that latches on to a civilization and exploits it's people through usury. Why do all of your elite work in law, media, and banking at a disproportionately over represented level?

Usury is the reason your people are hated. The parasitic nature of your race is your downfall. Learn a lesson from you neighbors. Plant an olive tree instead of burning one down.

I guess pattern recognition is anti Semitic.

Jesus that person is hosed up.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

OvertonWindow.txt*

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

doesn't gammon refer to ham or something?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've heard the phrase 'gammon-faced' referring to your typical automatically-enraged dickhead, and to David Cameron's former lover, but that's about it. It hasn't got anything to do with skin colour or age, just to the pinkness of one's cheeks when you're mad about poo poo. Or if you're David Cameron's former lover, in which case I guess that is your skin colour. And also a descriptor of your flesh.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Context for those outside of N.Ireland - the political party she represetnts is full of gammon.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

While you are catching up with my chess play I have already unfolded a game of backgammon. And you will quickly understand, Mr. Chapo, that we have been 'gammoning this entire time.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Question Mark Mound posted:

Context for those outside of N.Ireland - the political party she represetnts is full of gammon.

Her main electorate are literally called Orangemen, so I dunno what she's complaining about.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's re-rail from Star Wars, please. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Here is a list of potential baby names for all you lovely expecting folk out there. Happy Mother's Day! :love:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Here is a list of potential baby names for all you lovely expecting folk out there. Happy Mother's Day! :love:

I kinda want to meet little Dudeson and Dudesona

Poor Pimpley though :sigh:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Bridget means Bridget

Pookah posted:

I kinda want to meet little Dudeson and Dudesona

Poor Pimpley though :sigh:

My dudesona has a totally radical skateboard

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The menendez brothers make a lot more sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Absurdly stupid hot takes! Getcher absurdly stupid hot takes heaaah!

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995282532286517248

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995285745119236096

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995288737495027712