Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

This person obviously didn't watch enough Brooklyn 99. Particularly "Moo Moo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Here is a list of potential baby names for all you lovely expecting folk out there. Happy Mother's Day! :love:

Evalater, alligator!

Also, it's not "bona petite" it's "bone app a teeth." Can't these people spell?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

Games journalists absolutely deserve contempt

https://kotaku.com/5964584/how-diablo-iii-told-me-my-marriage-was-over

Without games journalists we'd never have gotten the saddest article ever written

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
"How game taught me how to be a better x" articles are also in the running for biggest waste of megabytes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Without games journalists we'd never have gotten the saddest article ever written

Man if letting my other half die in coop games was a relationship ruiner we never would have lasted 4 years. She would have given up a month in when we were playing a game and not only did I not save her I was the direct reason she died.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Len posted:

Man if letting my other half die in coop games was a relationship ruiner we never would have lasted 4 years. She would have given up a month in when we were playing a game and not only did I not save her I was the direct reason she died.

My partner and I joke a lot about letting each other die in Diablo and how we're done because of that. That article is so, so bad.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pookah posted:

I kinda want to meet little Dudeson and Dudesona

Poor Pimpley though :sigh:

Pimpley and Pimpleia. Oh hell yeah.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If games journalism is so bad, why don't people just... ignore it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Arivia posted:

My partner and I joke a lot about letting each other die in Diablo and how we're done because of that. That article is so, so bad.

In the Wii mario game I pushed my girlfriend off a ledge on purpose, we had other problems later that ended our relationship, but I'm pretty sure that was the beginning of the end.

Takoluka posted:

Apparently you've never met the internet before.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's a fair cop!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Naming someone prairie just makes me think "Your rear end is grass and I'm gonna mow it" except it's also completely flat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Naming someone prairie just makes me think "Your rear end is grass and I'm gonna mow it" except it's also completely flat.

Have them move to Alberta and there'll be no end of jokes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Takoluka posted:

:confused: What else is there besides bad things, and displaying contempt for bad things?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I don't see anything wrong with naming a boy dudeson.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Runcible Cat posted:

Pimpley and Pimpleia. Oh hell yeah.
Pimp Leia is my fav character in star trek

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I stand by my original statement, but I'm opening up to letting them keep writing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There's a new thread to discuss ethics in video games journalism, so might be wise to take this there

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/vyzeez/status/995403662259294215

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have them move to Alberta and there'll be no end of jokes.

That’s just loving mean. No one should move to Alberta. It should be quarantined, and no one allowed in or out.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bunni-kat posted:

That’s just loving mean. No one should move to Alberta. It should be quarantined, and no one allowed in or out.

Yeah even rats don't live there!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NatureNews/status/995649923130494976

:pseudo:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Someone never played Mario Bros. 2

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:psyboom:

Lots of well-known science publications are pro facebook/Twitter follows just for those comments. Something about it attracts them.
Each of them argues their own separate, disjointed point.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm assuming the replies include all the Mario games in which you can play as a princess

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I wan't to see all the replies

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TotalLossBrain posted:

:psyboom:

Lots of well-known science publications are pro facebook/Twitter follows just for those comments. Something about it attracts them.
Each of them argues their own separate, disjointed point.

Yeah there's some physicists and astrophysicists I follow on Twitter that have their own personal little stalker who is like "You're wrong because (Timecube-level reasoning)" on every single one of their posts. Like, they'll post a picture of their cat sitting in the sun, and their own personal crank will post some ridiculous theory.

Mental illness is a hell of a drug.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Steven Thrasher, you grackle.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i love the flavor of gamer bigotry that ends up arguing against them getting more gameplay options in games they enjoy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i love the flavor of gamer bigotry that ends up arguing against them getting more gameplay options in games they enjoy

Demanding companies give me less to own the libs

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
But what if other people have fun :wrong: with my favorite game?!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
China's proposed social credit system, could it possibly be used for terrifying poo poo like silencing government criticism? No, it's PC gone mad according to imgur!

(one could hope that in this case "political correctness" is used to mean (forced) compliance with government politics but knowing imgur this is very unlikely)

Bonus points for calling it "utopian".

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Skwirl posted:

Specifically I live in the Bay Area, so it's hilarious to call it a food desert. The variety just tends to be more keyed towards incredibly specific geographic areas of Asia.

I'm a little late to the po' boy discussion, but any goons in the Bay Area should go here. It's dope. They serve gator, if that's your thing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is my daughter, Brexit, and my son, Maga.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I found this on Imgur, but I'm afraid to look at the comments.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It gets sadder. She's a Findom personality, apparently. Now we know one of Ricky's kinks.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

The last good game journalists died in the 1990s when Amiga Power folded.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Monglo posted:

I watched Phantom Menace as a kid and I loved Jar-Jar :downs:

Yeah, that was the intent. There was a documentary a bit back that showed that yes, Jar Jar was super popular with kids.

It's everyone else that thought he was annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Wolfechu posted:

The last good game journalists died in the 1990s when Amiga Power folded.

100% correct, friendo