Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Oooohhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
this just got real interesting

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
He's still not there.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Sticking to my prediction :colbert:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if this is a draw I am gonna be so mad

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
Pretty awful biased commentary on ESPN but Loma def leading so far

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That jab though

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Constellation I posted:

Pretty awful biased commentary on ESPN but Loma def leading so far

How so?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I have Loma 76-75

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

saying Loma is looking for the low blows is pretty lol

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
If you just listen to the commentary you'd think it's a landslide for Loma. That knockdown changed their tone though

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It amazes me how a righty and a southpaw don’t step on each others lead foot more often.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

boop the snoot posted:

It amazes me how a righty and a southpaw don’t step on each others lead foot more often.

I assume it's because they train for it.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Beat this bitch, Loma.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
FUUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!!

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

:wtf: HOW DI THST HAPPEN DGFDJKBFLDF

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
An entertaining fight.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Linares did better than even Salido imo but in the end he just couldn't take it like the rest.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh shiiittt, this fight is over. Good job Loma

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy gently caress that was awesome

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

holy gently caress that was awesome

Hell yea it was

God he is entertaining to watch

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I didn't even see it live wow

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

gently caress yeah

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I didn't even see it live wow

same, I just thought it was accumulation

watching on the replay and owwwwwwwwww

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
that was like hopkins KOing de la hoya with the liver shot

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
While Loma-Linares was high speed chess the Vargas-Hovhannisyan fight on HBO now is shaping up to be nuts war.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

While Loma-Linares was high speed chess the Vargas-Hovhannisyan fight on HBO now is shaping up to be nuts war.

how are these two even in the same weight class

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Julio Cruz posted:

how are these two even in the same weight class

Rey Vargas is literally a Fight Night create a fighter but it was stuck on 122 and you could only adjust the height.

Also he's not all that good and if Issac Dogboe even looks at him he'll get crumpled.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'd not seen Hovhannisyan before but I'm down with any fighter who'll launch himself halfway across the ring to land a hook.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Munguia v GGG would be pretty good, hes owning Ali

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ali has zero business in the ring against this guy

Edit: welp, rip Ali

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 13, 2018

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick
That...was a mismatch. I respect Ali's heart, but they should have stopped this fight a while ago.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I'm not convinced. I don't even think Munguia is in the top 10 at 154. I mean I guess he would beat, like Austin Trout just due to the size but I doubt he'd do anything to Jermall Charlo, Jarrett Hurd or even someone like Erickson Lubin or J-Roc Williams.

EDIT: Actually I just thought of something. Jamie Mungia-Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Make it happen HBO!

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 13, 2018

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

the size difference in this fight is staggering and Ali's corner did him a huge disservice

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick
My only real takeaway from that fight is that Ali has no business at 154. I can't really call anything else because it was such a mismatch.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Lomachenko should stop moving up in weight, it would be a shame to see him lose to some chud at 140 because of size alone. Even 135 is probably too high for him but it will at least provide us interesting fights instead of one sided shellackings at 126-130.

Bring on Ray Beltran I guess, with hopefully a Mikey Garcia showdown imminently.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if i was mikey i'd have a fully invigorated desire to make the loma match

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Lomachenko should stop moving up in weight, it would be a shame to see him lose to some chud at 140 because of size alone. Even 135 is probably too high for him but it will at least provide us interesting fights instead of one sided shellackings at 126-130.

Bring on Ray Beltran I guess, with hopefully a Mikey Garcia showdown imminently.

Totally agree, really don't want to see him move up. He looked way smaller last night.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

if i was mikey i'd have a fully invigorated desire to make the loma match

Garcia has a shorter reach than Linares and has much slower hands and feet. Obviously his power is something to be wary of but I bet Loma won't let him land, at least if he takes a lesson from the flash knockdown last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
It's hard for me to see Garcia beating Lomachenko, as he doesn't have extraordinary physical gifts and he's not huge for the weight (he's a natural featherweight like Lomachenko). It's still a massive fight that needs to happen, and Garcia is so good in all categories that it's hard to imagine him losing badly, and he absolutely has a chance to win. Then again maybe it looks like Roy Jones vs James Toney with the physical freak dominating the well rounded perfect technician.

Next big fight is next weekend: Adonis Stevenson vs Badou Jack. Should be an interesting one; Stevenson is 40 now and hasn't had a tough fight since Sakio Bika over 3 years ago, but Jack isn't some all worlder and he's also a bit chinny. If Jack can get out of the early rounds, he should win, but Stevenson will still be very dangerous for the first 4~ rounds. Hopefully Jack wins and rescues the WBC title from Stevenson's joke of a title reign, but it's no guarantee.

Also, Sergei Kovalev is fighting Eleider Alvarez in August and Artur Beterbiev has been ordered to fight undefeated Callum Johnson, so the lightheavyweight division should come into more of a definitive focus over the next few months.