Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rhonne posted:

Twice is still my favorite of the Vanguard Action Squad.

Twice is fantastic. I hate him so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just love the fact that they had a name for it and it was Vanguard Action Squad. Even the villains are huge dorks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

Twice is fantastic. I hate him so much.

Heh.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ularg posted:

I just love the fact that they had a name for it and it was Vanguard Action Squad. Even the villains are huge dorks.

That name was totally Shigaraki's idea.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I think you're confusing Shigaraki with Spinner here.

I mean, have you seen that knife sword and the ripoff Stain costume? That's the sign of a collosal dork if I've ever seen one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shigaraki is also a shithead gamer, though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

Shigaraki is also a shithead gamer, though.
It's actually about integrity in video game journalism the hero profession

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

One thing about MHA that's great is how Shigaraki is paralleling Deku's development. As Deku goes from being a crybaby to THE WORLD'S GREATEST HERO!, Shigaraki goes from being a fuckup who nobody respects to an actual supervillain.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

chiasaur11 posted:

One thing about MHA that's great is how Shigaraki is paralleling Deku's development. As Deku goes from being a crybaby to THE WORLD'S GREATEST HERO!, Shigaraki goes from being a fuckup who nobody respects to an actual supervillain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFoQHz9EXM

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wonder what they want it for? Clones seem a bit too simple, so maybe they've got somebody with a blood-dependant quirk like Stain's?

Given that the Nomu have been given multiple quirks, could they be draining blood to try and extract DNA that AFO can use to gain new quirks? I haven't read the manga, so I'm just speculating :shrug:

Oh, wait, I hope they don't try to turn Bakugo into a Nomu :ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bofast posted:

Oh, wait, I hope they don't try to turn Bakugo into a Nomu :ohdear:

...Oh poo poo.

I actually kind of hope that's their intent, because it's way smarter/scarier than trying to force a contrived heel-turn. ...Hope they don't succeed, mind.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

chiasaur11 posted:

Ah, that's why she wanted blood!

It makes sense that, in a quirk heavy society, there would be a need for unusual blood samples at hospitals, especially ones catering to clientele on bad terms with the law.

What a kind and charitable young lady.

with such a lovely smile, too! :3:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Toga just wants to make friends and meet boys! She's a normal high school girl, obviously!

Put me in the "It's a shame the Tokoyami stuff didn't get more budget", he's one of my favourites of the B-cast and this is one of his bigger moments.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Conot posted:

Put me in the "It's a shame the Tokoyami stuff didn't get more budget", he's one of my favourites of the B-cast and this is one of his bigger moments.

I like that it's Bakugou that has the idea to use Tokoyami to take out Moonfish, and is pretty satisfied watching it happen, after being frustrated at how badly he matched up against Moonfish previously.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I felt like they did an okay job with the Tokoyami stuff. The scene in the manga takes place mostly in large super detailed panoramic shots, and rather than copy that they went for something a bit weightier. The biggest issue is that it robs his moment of a bit of the awe inspiring scale.

It's still rad as gently caress.

The anime is giving me a renewed appreciation for Twice. His double dialogue is way sillier when you hear it spoken.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Shere posted:

The anime is giving me a renewed appreciation for Twice. His double dialogue is way sillier when you hear it spoken.

I didn't really "get" Twice's speech gimmick in the manga and having him voiced makes it way clearer.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
gently caress mb

tbp fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 14, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: Let's be safe

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 14, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers, dudes

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Manga readers let not spoil plot details because we forgot we were posting in the Anime thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was trying to be as vague as possible, but better to be safe.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea rip on that spoiler.

Stuff like that should be okay properly labeled with the spoiler tags around it but eh.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
genuinely sorry about that one bros

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Just keep the guy that insists everything is vore from this thread and I think we're good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mordaedil posted:

Just keep the guy that insists everything is vore from this thread and I think we're good.
Is this vore?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not sure what fetish Moonfish counts as, but I hate it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Is this vore?

No, but he'll tell this theory he has about detailed drawings.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

You know that feeling when you bite down on a metal fork with bare teeth?

I imagine that's what Moonfish feels whenever he extends his teeth

Also, does anyone else get a shiver down their spine at the mere thought of biting a fork?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Rhonne posted:

He's just doing a Voldo cosplay, calm down.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

fool_of_sound posted:

He's just doing a Voldo cosplay, calm down.

he's actually just a real big fan of Hellraiser

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Vinylshadow posted:

You know that feeling when you bite down on a metal fork with bare teeth?

I imagine that's what Moonfish feels whenever he extends his teeth

Also, does anyone else get a shiver down their spine at the mere thought of biting a fork?

Not so much biting, but scratching a fork against my teeth gives me the willies.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mulderman posted:

Not so much biting, but scratching a fork against my teeth gives me the willies.

Don't do that
Only villains do that

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Moonfish's first victim was his dentist.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Tekne posted:

Moonfish's first victim was his dentist.

What if he was a dentist?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Maybe it's clearer in the manga, but so far the villains on this show seem underwhelming? Like, they've been shown to be a match for the students and all but...those are kids. Whenever the teacher or older superheroes come to the rescue, they mop the floor with 'em. I think Original Character Teenage Mutant Ninja Spawn Stain, Muscle dude and the Nobus have been the only ones to be a challenge before they get beat up. Plus, hands dude is super "gently caress you dad" and I think that character trait is lame.

The show is fun and the heroes and students are super fun, same with the variety of villains and powers, but they don't really seem that menacing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vincent posted:

Maybe it's clearer in the manga, but so far the villains on this show seem underwhelming? Like, they've been shown to be a match for the students and all but...those are kids. Whenever the teacher or older superheroes come to the rescue, they mop the floor with 'em. I think Original Character Teenage Mutant Ninja Spawn Stain, Muscle dude and the Nobus have been the only ones to be a challenge before they get beat up. Plus, hands dude is super "gently caress you dad" and I think that character trait is lame.

The show is fun and the heroes and students are super fun, same with the variety of villains and powers, but they don't really seem that menacing.

Well, it's important that Shigaraki (hands dude) is meant to suck as a villain right now. Like Deku, he's a rookie without a clear idea how to achieve his goals at the start, and slowly growing into his role.

Meanwhile, several members of the Vanguard managed to hold their own against the pros. But it's a little early in the arc to lay out how everything works, I suspect. Some of them might be more effective than they look.

(Also relevant? Class 1-A and 1-B are basically some of the best of the best students. The best of them can match low level pro heroes at this point.)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Shigaraki a lot and he's one of my favourite villains in shonen but yeah he's not really very effective or menacing.

I think he's a vaguely unsuccessful villain in an interesting way though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The main bad guy can evaporate people on touch and he's best friends with like, I unno, a living void. Also the cat teachers were getting nowhere with their randomly assigned bad guys until Deku torpedoed the both of them. The cliffhanger with scarf teacher magically being fine was a bit lame I'll give you that.

What has even happened concerning our bad guys though? Deku obliterated himself to temporarily stop a serial killer, they unleashed an uncontrollable shadow god to stop a crazy dentist that seems to have eaten a teacher, the couple from class B beat up a school kid, and scarf teacher beat up a clone of a zombie. I for sure got the impression that our heroes were way in over their head at the end of the last episode.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The arm that Moonfish was caressing was one of Shoji's duplicates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The villains serve as a parallel to the students really.
Both teams have inherited something from the former generation and are slowly working towards surpassing their predecessors.

It makes sense that Shigaraki and a few mooks get their poo poo pushed in when going up against pro heroes. He even pointed that out during this arc.
I don't want to get into spoilers, but for now just roll with it, they're a slow burn.
I think the closest comparison to the league of villains are the Phantom Troupe from HXH. And being compared to them is pretty high praise.