Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When amp modelers become real-time SPICE simulation THEN get at me bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I'm picturing a Korg MS-20 flipping the hell out while it tries to make sense of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" being played into its pitch-to-CV converter and honestly that sounds pretty dope to me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Devil Went Down to Georgia but on a Buchla.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I legit want to see a synth bluegrass show now

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Might be just me, but this is some double stupid

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

100% tone-transparent Slender Man

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What am I even looking at lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stupid Music poo poo III: 100% SOUND TRANSPARENT HELL YES!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What am I even looking at lol

Curtains to drape over your stack I guess?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Opening for a quite large not-black-metal-anymore band tonight and my band has scrounged enough cabs to each run a full stack and our bassist has an 8x10. This is going to be stupid as fuckkkkkkk

widefault posted:

Might be just me, but this is some double stupid

Less stupid than bands that have those pop up convention banners with their logos and stuff on stage. They don't look like a band, they look like they're going to cut me a sick deal on some life insurance.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVv8EYlMuyE

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

When amp modelers become real-time SPICE simulation THEN get at me bros.
I thought about trying to make this run a lot faster but then I remembered that A. I'm lazy and B. I hate writing code when I'm not at work

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Playing stoner riffs through modeling gear is incredibly cursed (and not in a cool metal way)

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

linked video for the mixing is making me loving angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjOevix4RU

e:it is a troll and I've been trolled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9YeXtpJr4M

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm gonna loving choke on this Dr. Pepper from laughing so hard

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

field balm posted:

Playing stoner riffs through modeling gear is incredibly cursed (and not in a cool metal way)
Eh, my little Yamaha THR10X is the poo poo and has helped me record ideas much quicker. I'll eat the loving curse.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My THR10X is infinitely cooler than any axe fx kemper tbh

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's insanely convenient, right? :allears:

Like, instead of having to record yourself badly with your phone or having to verify that Pro-Tools + your recording rack is set to go (which nowadays takes me a while, sadly :( ), with the cute little green motherfucker you just turn it on, use the inbuilt tuner, connect it to and turn on the laptop, and finally get Cubase running. 3 minutes, tops, and the idea is still fresh in your mind.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I need to mess with it via usb more. I wasn’t crazy about recording that way before but I’ve never been happy with modeling software either. It deserves more tweaking time.

Used standalone as a normal amp it’s absolutely surreal how good it sounds. Whatever speaker technology Yamaha harnessed for that little thing is magical.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

Eh, my little Yamaha THR10X is the poo poo and has helped me record ideas much quicker. I'll eat the loving curse.

Same, but with a THR10. That little bastard gets me near perfect Fender emulation and a huge bass sound out of tiny, 8mm speakers, and lets me record things faster than ever while sounding like I've mic'ed up a real amp. The THR series is the opposite of stupid music poo poo.

Except for the THR5. Sure I'll pay $200 for an modelling amp with a single tone knob!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol 8mm speakers drat son.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
https://victoria.craigslist.ca/msg/d/beautiful-ball-sack-guitar/6586606108.html

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Welcome to the future!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I normally play through headphones.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Why do drummers who use triggers even bother to use drums? And should they still call themselves drummers? Maybe triggerers?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If I had a drum kit and triggers I’d just be doing 808 boom kicks and claps all day and night.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If I had a drum kit and triggers I’d just be doing 808 boom kicks and claps all day and night.

Play some superfast blast beats on that and your band can be the next Berzerker.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

My submission for stupid music poo poo: bands which have formed like, a month ago making 10 second “teasers” on social media for their forthcoming material.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

massive spider posted:

My submission for stupid music poo poo: bands which have formed like, a month ago making 10 second “teasers” on social media for their forthcoming material.

Yeah I love bands that do this as if anyone gives a poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

massive spider posted:

That’s how marketing works in 2018 honestly. Not saying it’s not a bit stupid but you gotta play the game.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

massive spider posted:

I mean I am not disagreeing with you that it can be annoying but you have to market yourself somehow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Getting people to listen to 10 seconds is a win.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The short 10 seconds of audio approach IS awful though. At least show off 30 seconds of guitar/band play through video.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

massive spider posted:

I have friends in local bands that no one cares about doing this hahahaha

Like how loving important do you think you are?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Kilometers Davis posted:

That’s how marketing works in 2018 honestly. Not saying it’s not a bit stupid but you gotta play the game.

MrSargent posted:

I mean I am not disagreeing with you that it can be annoying but you have to market yourself somehow.
Do you though?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

If you want to give yourself any chance at reaching a bigger audience, yes.

I think it’s possible to do this tastefully though without shoving meaningless content at people. Like, if the 10 second clip had some editing, it would come off way better than just posting a random video.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 17, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

you gotta play the game.

counterpoint: no you don't.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

My favourite is when bands do that, have a perfect promo for their one video single which they put out before their first show, gather thousands of social media follows and then play one show before disappearing forever and ruining all of that momentum.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

counterpoint: no you don't.

If you want to chase every avenue of free hype/promotion you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING