Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Duct tape is still good loot in New Vegas as you can never have enough weapon repair kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Glass jars of brightly colored paste. The true food of all advocates of SCIENCE!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Happy Mother's Day! Now enjoy an update about book-cleaning, dish-dismantling, and toaster-worshipping!

Chapter 28: Sun Vulture and the Cull of Personality

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 10, 2019

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Taking in account that Borous had Gabe since he was in high school, I'm assuming Gabe was pretty old when he got robotized, since getting enough doctorates to become one of the chief researchers of Big MT should take at least until your mid to late thirties

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
On Wild Wasteland, that doghouse where Gabe lived also contains a good reason to not take the Wild Wasteland trait: Stripe - a miniature Deathclaw that is effectively two regular-sized deathclaws stapled together.

You should definitely take Wild Wasteland anyway, but just bear that in mind.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
waaaaitwaitwaitwait...that drat toaster is The Brave Little Toaster?! :psyduck: holy gently caress what a tonal shift between the two. Not that I'm complaining, mind, that toaster is loving awesome.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The key to Borous's basement is in the bird cage, so you didn't need to cheat!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

eating only apples posted:

The key to Borous's basement is in the bird cage, so you didn't need to cheat!

Yeah. Crap. Oh well, the deed has been done.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I really like Borous's voice work when you give him Gabe's bowl back. It's incredibly well done.

And the toaster is a thing of glory.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

ApeHawk posted:

Happy Mother's Day! Now enjoy an update about book-cleaning, dish-dismantling, and toaster-worshipping!

Chapter 28: Sun Vulture and the Cull of Personality

Wait, how do we know that this is a portrait of Mr. House?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

David Corbett posted:

How do we know 0 hates House? Apehawk never showed that part of the convo

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

David Corbett posted:

I admit, that's a bit of a goof on my part.

But Doctor 0 has only shown actual spite towards that one person, and that one person has a giant robot in the background of his picture, and Robert House is known to have made almost all the robots in the Fallout Universe; it isn't too much of a stretch that his face would be seen in the remnants and ruins of some of the buildings out in the wasteland, nor is it that a traveling courier such as Sun would have run across some knowledge about all this.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Kemix posted:

waaaaitwaitwaitwait...that drat toaster is The Brave Little Toaster?! :psyduck: holy gently caress what a tonal shift between the two. Not that I'm complaining, mind, that toaster is loving awesome.

I had to look this up, doesn't look like the same actor or anything. Can't complain though, seeing the Brave Little Toaster image made me giggle, was worthy of a quality LP like this one.

Also there were apparently two more Brave Little Toaster movies. I had no idea, and wonder how I managed to miss them, the original was a staple of my youth.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I don't know about y'all, but The Brave Little Toaster movie was pretty horrifying at times when I watched it back when I was a little Chimp-Chick.

Just felt appropriate.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't the a/c straight up commit suicide in that movie?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Randaconda posted:

It's strongly implied.

Anyway, I just finished recording for Chapter 30 and boy is it special.

That's right, THREE WHOLE GIFS!!!

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 14, 2018

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That IS exciting!

Randaconda posted:

MAYBE I LIKE BEING STUCK IN THIS WALL!!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Randaconda posted:

Technically the toaster did too. It's just that the wizard he dedicated his life to happened to practice technomancy, and thus he was reborn.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Oh boy who likes cheese?

Chapter 29: Sun Vulture and the Suite Upgrades

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 10, 2019

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
RIP Snakey dogs. They got their revenge in the end against their evil scientific captors beating them and zapping them.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Doesn't animal friend affect Nightstalkers? I don't remember Sun's CHA but I'm guessing it's not high enough for that.

And I thought the rewards safe for the robot compliance test handed out a Chinese Spec Ops skill book at the end, too?

Loving skeleton jazz hands.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just in case it isn't obvious, the k-9000 and its .44 variant (appearing later) were added to give gunners a way to use their stocks of ammo as the base game has no automatic weapons using .357 and .44 .

E: By the endgame almost all ammo types have a high-ish damage weapon to be used in.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 18, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

aniviron posted:

Doesn't animal friend affect Nightstalkers? I don't remember Sun's CHA but I'm guessing it's not high enough for that.

And I thought the rewards safe for the robot compliance test handed out a Chinese Spec Ops skill book at the end, too?

Loving skeleton jazz hands.

AF does and Sun has the requirements for it, but she still has to learn how to befriend them (I'm not done getting the good perks, yet.)

Don't worry; she'll have her chance to get a dog friend...

As for the skill book, yes it does come as a reward for the final test. Forgot about that! I'll have it amended. Thanks!

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 18, 2018

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator takes up the glasses slot on equipment so can be worn with certain other helmets/hats making it better than it appears. I ended up using it like that in one of my numerous runthroughs.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Just in case it isn't obvious, the k-9000 and its .44 variant (appearing later) were added to give gunners a way to use their stocks of ammo as the base game has no automatic weapons using .357 and .44 .

E: By the endgame almost all ammo types have a high-ish damage weapon to be used in.

Any self respecting .357 person that *doesn't* use Lucky almost exclusively is playing the game wrong, imo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Some people enjoy the spray-n-pray style, friendo.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

And those people are shameful :colbert:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sounds like you need more dakka.
I really should play once as close to a Flashgit as possible.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

In most games I would agree, but the fact that New Vegas favors high DAM weapons over high DPS weapons really puts a dent in your argument.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

With the right perks and the right ammo you can definitely have your snazzgun experience, just hoard GMG ammo for the hardened enemies.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

And yet you can grab basically any Sniper Rifle and go to town.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's clearly un-orky!
Also I never tried this playstyle, hopefully it will help avoid/delay the point where I'm overpowered.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Spray and pray starts getting really bad after you level past a threshold and the game starts handing out good armor to your enemies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not if you switch by this point to GMG and ballistic fist, both of which are orky as zogg.
E:LMG and the Avenger MG with AP ammo is great.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 21, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hey fellers I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a good* video LP of NV with the DLC's ,can you help?

* Minimal to no commentary.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Hrm. Well, the minimal to no commentary breaks the only fallout based YouTuber I care about, Many a True Nerd, who is known to have gone through all of New Vegas and the DLC in a single healthbar, with no healing of any kind beyond the increasing max HP per level. It is amazing, permadestb on steroids.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Happy 30th Update! Enjoy some bug-punchin'!

Chapter 30: Sun Vulture and the Big Empty

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 10, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Siegkrow posted:

Hrm. Well, the minimal to no commentary breaks the only fallout based YouTuber I care about, Many a True Nerd, who is known to have gone through all of New Vegas and the DLC in a single healthbar, with no healing of any kind beyond the increasing max HP per level. It is amazing, permadestb on steroids.

I actually watched his maxhp videos but when checking now I found he also has a more relaxed jsawyermod run, which is very much my thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I actually watched his maxhp videos but when checking now I found he also has a more relaxed jsawyermod run, which is very much my thing.

His jsawyer playthrough is pretty much his swan song to the game.