Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Hey, can anyone find those awesome panels where Iron Man kicked the poo poo outta some Elves? I wanted to show them to a friend of mine, but an image search yields nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

Hey, can anyone find those awesome panels where Iron Man kicked the poo poo outta some Elves? I wanted to show them to a friend of mine, but an image search yields nothing.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

VolticSurge posted:

TwoPair posted:

Iron Man #25: When last we left Tony Stark, he was trying to capture the rings of the Mandarin, which were being stolen by the dark elf Malekith (villain of the previous arc of Thor God of Thunder and also villain of the new Thor movie) but his plan to just use a stealth suit and sneak into Svartalfheim backfired hard. So instead of saying "gently caress it" and getting out of there, he said "gently caress it" and called in his back up plan: A big-rear end armor that is composed entirely of iron (note for those not big on mythology: elves are basically deadly allergic to iron)

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 14, 2018

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The iron filings and fans bit is just inspired.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

VolticSurge posted:

I know some of this was already quoted, but I like the part before the fight the most, so here's the complete bit:

Setup: When the Madarin's rings gain sentience and go on the lam, Tony Stark must track them down across the world, and apparently the Nine Realms, as well. Enter Malekith, the antagonist from Thor: the Dark World, and the Elves of Svartalfheim. Tony goes on a black ops mission the the Realm of the Dark Elves in order to retrieve the rings, but he's exposed, injured, and his armor damaged. As the Dark Elves hunt him down, he calls in for backup.

For those who aren't up on their Fae lore, cold iron is the bane of the Fae, especially the Dark Elves.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

First impression: Awesome!

Second impression: How loving heavy would that suit be?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What is Iron Man's suit made of usually? Titanium and carbon nanotubes?

Maybe he's using repulsor technology to get it to move better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's definitely not made of titanium.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In modern times? Nanonmachine tech magic bullshit usually.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

It's definitely not made of titanium.

And if he ever even considered being dumb enough to use titanium, that went away after he straight up murdered a dude in a titanium fire.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's made of transistors.

Nothing else, just transistors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Proteus Jones posted:

And if he ever even considered being dumb enough to use titanium, that went away after he straight up murdered a dude in a titanium fire.

:thejoke:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I know some of this was already quoted, but I like the part before the fight the most, so here's the complete bit:

Setup: When the Madarin's rings gain sentience and go on the lam, Tony Stark must track them down across the world, and apparently the Nine Realms, as well. Enter Malekith, the antagonist from Thor: the Dark World, and the Elves of Svartalfheim. Tony goes on a black ops mission the the Realm of the Dark Elves in order to retrieve the rings, but he's exposed, injured, and his armor damaged. As the Dark Elves hunt him down, he calls in for backup.

For those who aren't up on their Fae lore, cold iron is the bane of the Fae, especially the Dark Elves.

Reminds me of the iron power armor Xanatos made to fight Oberon. He also had an "Iron Clan" robot though Gargoyles was still a kids show so no guns firing iron bullets.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

MH Knights posted:

Reminds me of the iron power armor Xanatos made to fight Oberon. He also had an "Iron Clan" robot though Gargoyles was still a kids show so no guns firing iron bullets.

That's the funny thing. Even though it was a kids show it had guns. Like in the early episode, all the bad guys used guns. Eliza had a gun since she was a cop.
They made an entire episode explaining why the mob had lasers, which was treated as a really bad thing and not hand waved away to get around censors.
And they even did an episode where Broadway accidentally shoots Eliza when he was playing around with her gun.
For a kids action show, it did a lot to tackle real world issues about firearms.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Proteus Jones posted:

Murder implies intent though and Titanium Man was clearly an accident.

:colbert:

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Wheat Loaf posted:

When I was 10 the "Vader vs Maul" story was the coolest thing ever.

"What could you possibly hate enough to destroy me?"
"Myself."

There was something like this in one of the recent injustice comics as part of a nice little plot/character development.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Thor #606:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm pretty sure Thor is just an excuse for writers to write the most :black101: lines they can conceive of

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think it was in Simpson's run but maybe before that Marvel realized that Thor is basically the god of metal and as such Thor's best whenever things are just metal as gently caress.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 16, 2018

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

I think it was in Simpson's run but maybe before that Marvel realized that Thor is basically the god of metal and as such Thor's best whenever things are just metal as gently caress.

I feel like Thor approached it before, particularly with the latter half of Lee's run (which extends past Kirby) and the second Thomas run where he goes, "Why the gently caress have we been screwing around in space and haven't been using all this awesome Norse mythology stuff!" But it's really Simonson who takes it and runs with it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

David D. Davidson posted:

Poor Val Hallen, always forgotten about.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure Thor is just an excuse for writers to write the most :black101: lines they can conceive of

This is as good an excuse as any to post this panel:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Zil posted:

Poor Val Hallen, always forgotten about.

I say thee nay, friend! Val Hallen be the Viking god of rock, not metal!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So uhm, I picked up the thor god butcher saga because the volumes were all on sale.

...why's Gorr wearing only a thong and pasties.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

So uhm, I picked up the thor god butcher saga because the volumes were all on sale.

When you're able to commit deific genocide you can wear whatever you want.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dredd!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That last panel looks less like a headbutt and more like he's accusing her of eating the last ice cream sandwich in the freezer.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Why is Dredd headbutting Halo Jones?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angrymog posted:

Why is Dredd headbutting Halo Jones?

Halo Jones was involved in war crimes.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey, if you can build a God Bomb that can kill every god in existence and in every point in time, you're gonna wear whatever the hell you want.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Alhazred posted:

Halo Jones was involved in war crimes.
And this is meaningfully distinct from Dredd how? :v:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They were *illegal* war crimes!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe that's just how Dress kisses people, he's not exactly a romance expert

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He is the law.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe that's just how Dress kisses people, he's not exactly a romance expert

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Who's the artist for that one? Style's familiar but the name escapes me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If I had to guess I'd say Dave Gibbons, but I could be wrong.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yo nerds. Check this out.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

too long; didn't read. Post a baddass panel of gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Herr Tog posted:

too long; didn't read. Post a baddass panel of gently caress off.

Literally turn on your monitor.

e: tag yourself, I'm either the 8-foot-tall thurible-swinger who is also wearing one on his head, or the four-armed demon stealing three bags of gold and one grey housecat.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 26, 2018