Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Oh Snapple! posted:

not stupid enough to think giving access to mental health records over to police was a good idea.

did do this tho, but at 20

... for his senate race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
never voted for obama, personally

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

Same.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean think how stupid you were at 18. i dunno why these kids are held to higher standards

because people who are much older are going to weaponize it?

I mean if they can't help it, fine, but that doesn't mean I can't express regret at what happens afterwards

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 04:21 on May 14, 2018

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why do they think that Bernie is responsible for making Gun Manufacturers harder to sue?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Why do they think that Bernie is responsible for making Gun Manufacturers harder to sue?

That Sandy Hook bullshit.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hemingway To Go! posted:

he voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in 2005

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The bill passed 65-31-4, by the way.

Definitely Bernie's fault, tho.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

extremely normal thing for 33 year old straight women who worked on both Hillary Clinton campaigns to do.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

how does one dress like a gay rbg

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

quote:

Even though ryan said not to blame anyone
We can't just blame republicans, we can't just blame democrats
The republicans take some money from the NRA, there are some democrats that take money from the NRA for example like Bernie Sanders... doesn't, but what he has done has made it way harder for gun manufacturers to be sued.

Lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

dead honest i stopped taking these kids seriously when their stuff went in the direction of "only the police should be able to gun down scores of people effortlessly"

they are the chosen ones because of their parents and political views. they were the ones given the platforms for a reason.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
liberals want to win on guns and trump bad and nothing else lmao

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
They can also run on their heroic efforts to deregulate small neighborhood banks with $200 billion in assets.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

They can also run on their heroic efforts to deregulate small neighborhood banks with $200 billion in assets.

they did that poo poo in an election year too, loving lmao

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

That might not be so much, considering their neighborhoods.

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise
There's also no such thing as "mental health records," the march for our lives folks just want cops to have access to your complete medical history on a whim, like looking up your vehicle registration. Also they wanted more cops in schools, which is great, because they're used 99% of the time to hassle non-white students and look for drugs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

eyeballing that drat dinner egg

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

hell i hear tell this clown didnt even vote on election day in 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
why should gun manufacturers be sued for someone shooting someone with a gun they made? That's like suing a car company for someone intentionally running people over with a car

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GodFish posted:

why should gun manufacturers be sued for someone shooting someone with a gun they made? That's like suing a car company for someone intentionally running people over with a car

cuz their products are designed only to kill people and they literally directly profit off mass murder events and, well, frankly gently caress 'em

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tortoiseburger posted:

There's also no such thing as "mental health records," the march for our lives folks just want cops to have access to your complete medical history on a whim, like looking up your vehicle registration. Also they wanted more cops in schools, which is great, because they're used 99% of the time to hassle non-white students and look for drugs.

I was at a City Council meeting in Wilmington, DE. I guess it was "kids day" or some poo poo, because kids were up there discussing their policy ideas. One eight year old babby chud said he wanted to arm teachers, and everyone applauded lol

I whispered to some people I know that he was a baby chud and they looked at me in horror that I dared to dispense with :decorum: and say something vaguely rude and out of earshot.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

anime was right posted:

liberals want to win on guns and trump bad and nothing else lmao

MaxxBot posted:

They may run on those things, but they're gonna win on vague promises of solving racism quickly and easily, while not addressing the underlying structural issues that perpetuate racism in any way, shape, or form.

For you see, comrades, this is my fight song. Take back my life song. Prove I'm alright song.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

GodFish posted:

Supply chain liability. They could supply guns to outlets that have a particularly high rate of transfer to the illegal market. As an example in other industries, there are ongoing lawsuits concerning how liable corporations such as Nestle and Costco should be for products manufactured with child slavery. I think that the special protections for the gun industry are too broad if it means immunity from lawsuits such as those.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GodFish posted:

a general reminder that this is expressly over an incident in which a dude murdered his mother and stole her guns. suing the manufacturer is literally the dumbest loving response to that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mind u my feelings on gun laws are mostly based around infuriating owners of multiple guns out of pissy babby vindictiveness and im obviously behind the woke curve given that im only just now finding out the parkland kids are Apparently Bad, so take my positions with a ton of salt

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

paranoid randroid posted:

cuz their products are designed only to kill people and they literally directly profit off mass murder events and, well, frankly gently caress 'em

it's like catnip

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

then just ban the guns. the lawsuit path is like the most convoluted and least likely path to gun control success

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

a general reminder that this is expressly over an incident in which a dude murdered his mother and stole her guns. suing the manufacturer is literally the dumbest loving response to that.

yep. nailed it. a big part of this smear originated with good ole Chris Murphy of CT. a Clinton lapdog and centrist shithead.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if there was some way to open the NRA up to lawsuits every time some disaffiliated privileged failson hit his limit break all over his classmates, id be more in favor of that than suing Smith and Dumbshit, but that seems like even more of a gray area

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Maybe we should hold the police, DAs, and judges criminally and civilly liable if too many gun stores in their jurisdiction are breaking the law without consequence.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Majorian posted:

They may run on those things, but they're gonna win on vague promises of solving racism quickly and easily, while not addressing the underlying structural issues that perpetuate racism in any way, shape, or form.

For you see, comrades, this is my fight song. Take back my life song. Prove I'm alright song.

im not even sure theyre gonna even win a house anymore. theres still 6 months till voting day, 6 months for republicans to campaign on trying to turn out their base, and 6 months for dems to campaign on trying to demoralize their base.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Maybe we should hold the police, DAs, and judges criminally and civilly liable if too many gun stores in their jurisdiction are breaking the law without consequence.

krasners ears just started ringing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

then just ban the guns. the lawsuit path is like the most convoluted and least likely path to gun control success

i mean dont get me wrong id love for every gun in this benighted nation to be melted down into a heap of slag but unfortunately nobody is even hinting at proposing that so *stretches out suspenders* whaaayyy-elp

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Demoralizing your base to chase after suburban #NeverTrump Republicans is the only path to success

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

FuriousxGeorge posted:

powerful people are not to be incovenianced

more secret federal watchlists

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm actually for arming the teachers

while they're on strike.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i mean dont get me wrong id love for every gun in this benighted nation to be melted down into a heap of slag but unfortunately nobody is even hinting at proposing that so *stretches out suspenders* whaaayyy-elp

yeah but your plan B is still finding a case that will overcome armalite's team of highly paid lawyers and won't get overturned or reduced to nothing on appeal

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a knock on effect of my Melt All Guns plan would be demilitarizing the police as they wouldnt have to be "afraid" of every Hank, Albert, and Cletus pulling a hand cannon out of their glove box during a traffic stop

vote for me in 2020, ill be running on the Never loving Ever ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah but your plan B is still finding a case that will overcome armalite's team of highly paid lawyers and won't get overturned or reduced to nothing on appeal

"if u will it, it is no dream" - waltre sobchak

• Locked thread