Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Besides the potential problems of algae blooms, the problem with that is it does nothing to solve ocean acidification.

Neither of these things is necessarily true. Though some are worried about it, it shouldn't cause algal blooms/deoxygenation because iron isn't anywhere close to the limiting factor that nitrogen and phosphorus are. And moreover it's one of the few geoengineering schemes that directly addresses ocean acidification, which is caused by conversion of dissolved CO2 into carbonic acid, by directly pulling carbon out of the ocean.

Thug Lessons fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm loath to engage you even if its a reasonable question... but I guess since you asked twice

- I think the U.N. population estimate is reasonable at 9.7 but doesn't account for what will likely be some real problems (famines/wars/refugee type stuff) so we will probably come a couple hundred million short of that
- peak (light-sweet-crude) oil will have become more obvious in retrospect as shale oil goes through one or two more of its whipsaws of bust & boom cycles causing generally higher energy prices. more importantly, highly volatile ones. total liquids production will climb but at slower and slower trailing-average rates leading to 2030 - 2050 looking very plateu-ish in the 110 ~/- 10mbpd range
- coal will move mostly sideways. while china and developed nations more aggressively wind it down, india and everyone else will take up the slack, figure 8Gt/yr +/- 1
- gas will continue strong growth, probably about doubling, figure 6000 - 8000 Bcm/yr
- wind will continue its rapid growth, but that will still only move it from 2% of the total supply to like 8
- similarly the price of solar will keep dropping and capacity will grow very fast, but that still only means its share will go from <1% to like, 4
- geothermal and hydro will continue to be physically limited to very small impact. wave power is dumb tech blog nonsense.

all of which means carbon will continue its very rapid climb, blowing through any 2C let alone 1.5C budget. we'll basically be on an rcp6 to rcp8.5ish trajectory *minus* the negative emissions genie

that in turn means the "tropic of chaos" will continue to suffer from weather extremes, crop failures, famines, state failures and refugee crises. central american refugees will increase greatly and head north into mexico and the US. north african and middle eastern refugees will continue to flood into southern and central europe. sahel areas like niger, chad, and mali will continue to collapse like sudan and ethiopia, driving more refugges into nigeria, ethiopia and kenya. myanmar and bangladesh will continue to collapse, especially as sea level rise combined with more erratic weather patterns drives flooding, crop failures and farmland destruction via saltwater intrusion. the philippines is pretty hosed. all told this means ~100 - 300M people will either be dying off or on the move.

in the mean time, as the refugee crisis gets ~5x worse, so too will the reactionary fascist response. your trump/farange/orban/duerte types are but leading indicators. poo poo like what australia did with manus island. poo poo like what ICE is doing right now. expect a *lot* more of that.

in the midst of all that, mostly happening "overseas" or "at the border" to us, extreme weather events will continue to just randomly knock out towns, cities, and regions for days or weeks at a time. the body counts will be low but the social displacement, emergency funds and insurance repercussions will greatly add to the economic drag. things like new orleans, california wildfires and puerto rico but like a dozen or two of them.

meanwhile, electric car sales will continue to climb quickly. by 2050 in the US you could easily see them be the vast majority of new cars sold, and nearly half the US fleet, but still probably only a fifth of the global, which has grown greatly in total #. this will impact oil demand, but supply will already be constrained, and every gallon an american doesn't use to commute a guy in brazil will happily burn in his generator or a tajiki will do a few more truck routes.

li-ion battery sales will continue to soar and overall smart and micro grid stuff will bloom, but absent some order-of-magnitude near miracle breakthrough storage still won't be a meaningful solution to intermittentcy, it will just help mitigate at the margins. rich people and larger buildings will buy them for backups and poor people will just get used to somewhat more frequent brown and short black outs. the overall carbon mix of the electric grid will be substantially better, but like, by a quarter or a third. it will still produce ludicrous amounts of carbon.

nuclear will, god willing, show some major advancements in smaller safer more mass producible plant designs. but it will be tens of plants getting built in the 2020 - 2040 range and only just getting to the point where people make up their mind if they've proven themselves by 2040. so even if it goes great and kicks off a big mass rollout, still no meaningful impact on the overall numbers by 2050.

in short:
- first worlders and upper middle class types will be fine, unless they randomly live somewhere a storm destroys their house. overall though the economic drag of all the problems will feel not unlike the last few decades have, where everybody says the numbers are going up but it sure doesn't feel like it
- people in the marginal states and climate regions are super hosed and it will be* a humanitarian crisis greater than we've ever seen before
- increasingly harsh measures will be taken to insulate the former from the latter

* already is

edit: i focused this on climate stuff and didn't get into automation/inequality stuff medicine or vr stuff

StabbinHobo fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 14, 2018

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I guess I thought there might be some kind of giant sci-fi carbon scrubber machine that had been proposed? I guess not though.
These guys are doing basically exactly that. It makes way more sense from a process perspective to do capture at the source since the concentrations are so much higher. Meaning it is easier (less capital expense and lower ongoing energy requirement) to get a stream at 5% CO2 down to 300ppm than is it to take 400ppm ambient air down to 100ppm.

e: original numbers didn't make sense.

spf3million fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 14, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spf3million posted:

These guys are doing basically exactly that. It makes way more sense from a process perspective to do capture at the source since the concentrations are so much higher. Meaning it is easier (less capital expense and lower ongoing energy requirement) to get a stream at 5% CO2 down to 200ppm than is it to take 400ppm ambient air down to 200ppm.

The problem of carbon capture at emissions sources are threefold:

1. That only works as long as we keep emitting, we need negative emissions not just reduced emissions.

2. That rarely comes without large parasitic loads on your emission source, often a power plant. So we're talking about having to burn 3x as much coal to reduce the emissions 1/3, which is great if you're a coal mine but not so great for everyone else.

3. They're expensive systems that either mean we're locked into the emitting technology or we have to write off the investment we've made as soon as we tear down the plant in 10 years or less.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Batteries are going to continue getting better. Li-ion I think will go the way of nicad and we'll be using safer electrolytes that allow manufacturers to go back to lithium metal batteries.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

Batteries are going to continue getting better. Li-ion I think will go the way of nicad and we'll be using safer electrolytes that allow manufacturers to go back to lithium metal batteries.
And how much of an impact would that make?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Cingulate posted:

My problem is, it seems you're much more invested in convincing some observer that OOCC is a terrible person who should be shunned and despised, than convincing anyone, in particular OOCC, to do things better.

There's actually an SA quote for exactly this occasion

quote:

A better analogy would be if someone walks into a championship tournament, says "GEE I THINK I MAY HAVE TRANSCENDED THE UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF YOU GRANDMASTERS HERE, WANT TO JOIN MY NEW SCHOOL OF CHESS STRATEGY?", then loses by scholar's mate twice in the first round.

This person then refuses to leave his seat, claiming that he needs additional proof that the queen in f7 actually ontologically exists before he will admit defeat, and that the rules of the CHESS ESTABLISHMENT were unfairly biased against him by disallowing the possibility of his king being able to leapfrog pieces.

Then he pulls out an ancient shopping list from 1905 and claims that "1. Eggs" means 'The King', "2. Butter" means 'can', and "3. Milk" means 'leapfrog'. This is admissible evidence for his case because he has lived according to the dictates of this list since he was a teenager, and it has drastically improved his quality of life. When the referees tell him that this makes no loving sense, he drags them into a three hour debate over the precise meaning of the words 'makes', 'no', 'loving', and 'sense'.

When people point out that there is more than enough evidence to suggest his list is just a scrap of paper from some long-dead housewife's purse, he rather proudly points out how close-minded they are in dismissing outright the possibility that the list was in fact a secret coded message on the best way to live life, originally formulated by Atlanteans and passed down through the ages disguised as everyday documents. After all, if one starts with the presupposition that such a document exists, then it would be very fair to argue that it is indeed in the form of his shopping list.

Never mind that his previous interpretations of the list led to three convictions and time served for robbery, hate crimes, and murder. These were just unfortunate misinterpretations on his part of the list's true intentions, he says. The list itself is blameless. In fact, the Atlanteans deliberately obfuscated the true meaning of the list in this way, so that it would require multiple failed misinterpretations before one would happen across its TRUE meaning, and in doing so appreciate it all the more.

In fact, he does have some evidence to back up his claims. Why, just last week during his daily meditation on the list, he felt it telling him that something good was about to happen in his future. And yesterday, wouldn't you know it, he found a twenty dollar note on the sidewalk! Evidence of the list's prophetic powers if I ever saw one. And believe him, he has many more stories where that came from.

By now, the debate has splintered off into innumerable tangents, with the one man against literally every other player and referee present at the tournament. Finally, he graciously accepts the possibility of defeat in some of the myriad topics now being covered. OK, maybe the tallest player doesn't always get to go first. Fine, I will concede that there isn't much evidence to support my third-invisible-knight hypothesis. But that's all irrelevant. What he wants to concentrate on, and what nobody has yet been able to disprove, he adds, is the ability of the king to leapfrog over other pieces.

The argument drags on for weeks. Finally, one afternoon, the beet-faced referee exhausts his last reserves of decency and throws his arms up in frustration and despair. "YOU loving RETARD, HOW CAN YOU LAY CLAIM TO KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT CHESS STRATEGY WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GRASP THE MOST BASIC RULES!?" He shouts, just as a new entrant walks through the door. "I'm sorry," replies the man calmly, "I simply cannot discuss the rules of chess with such an 'official' if you insist on using such strong and uncouth language. Please retract your insults or I will be forced to plug my ears whenever you say anything from now on."

Seeing only this last exchange, the new entrant pipes up. "He's right, you know. If he did something wrong, then you as the referee have every right to tell him he is so, but it should be done with a patient and thorough explanation of the details of his error. Hurling ridicule at him solves nothing and won't change anyone's mind."

The lazy eye of the retarded List-following, King-leapfrogging man twitches almost unnoticeably, as he cranes his head towards the source of this new voice. A welcoming smile cracks, inch by beaming inch, across his face. He licks his lips. He clears his throat.

"So glad to know decent people like you still value a polite discussion. Care for a game?"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

One of the problems I heard of with increasing electrical vehicles is that li-ion batteries are selected because the materials are so light, but the raw materials are pretty rare. Are there technological breakthroughs in the pipeline that would be able to replace rare earth materials like kobalt in the production of batteries with materials that are more abundant and equally or almost equally lightweight?

(disclaimer: obviously replacing fossil fuel vehicles with electrical vehicles needs to be paired with a massive increase in renewables and nuclear)

(also it'd be nice if the new materials weren't self-iginiting, which is a major risk if the power cells rupture in a car crash)

double nine fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 14, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

One of the problems I heard of with increasing electrical vehicles is that li-ion batteries are selected because the materials are so light, but the raw materials are pretty rare. Are there technological breakthroughs in the pipeline that would be able to replace rare earth materials like kobalt in the production of batteries with materials that are more abundant and equally or almost equally lightweight?

(disclaimer: obviously replacing fossil fuel vehicles with electrical vehicles needs to be paired with a massive increase in renewables and nuclear)

(also it'd be nice if the new materials weren't self-iginiting, which is a major risk if the power cells rupture in a car crash)

We've been waiting of actual new battery-tech for the better part of the last decade and yet here we are.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so it'll arrive around the time as commercial fusion energy technology, ok.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

There's actually an SA quote for exactly this occasion
The short version: https://youtu.be/PPDOgycPcus
He makes his deck into 2 piles, so 2 different cards can be the top card of his deck.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Trabisnikof posted:

The problem of carbon capture at emissions sources are threefold:

1. That only works as long as we keep emitting, we need negative emissions not just reduced emissions.

2. That rarely comes without large parasitic loads on your emission source, often a power plant. So we're talking about having to burn 3x as much coal to reduce the emissions 1/3, which is great if you're a coal mine but not so great for everyone else.

3. They're expensive systems that either mean we're locked into the emitting technology or we have to write off the investment we've made as soon as we tear down the plant in 10 years or less.
1. Agreed. I was just talking from a process perspective. Current sources are low hanging fruit and a good place to prove out the technology.
2. The various CCS schemes being brought to "market" are certainly energy intensive but they are carbon negative. In a market based system their economic favorability will depend on their process efficiency (how little energy can they do it with) and the relative delta between the energy cost and the value placed on reduced CO2 emissions (cap and trade or straight carbon tax). And of course minimizing the upfront capex to get someone to actually build the thing on what they consider a reasonable payback. Or just have the government/taxpayer build them. Not saying we're anywhere near that point just how it could be done.
3. Agree here too. I was thinking more along the lines of heavy industry emissions rather than power plants. Things that are more difficult to replace with low carbon energy such as cement plants, steel mills, oil refineries etc. Of course with oil refineries their product is still a major source of emissions but reducing their source emissions would buy more time to for battery cars and to work out the bugs in the CCS system. Plus aviation fuel.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

double nine posted:

Well, people are always coming up with ways to reduce material cost. Last year I was hearing a lot about a method to replace the graphite anode in Li-ion batteries with cheaper sulfur-graphene; more recently I've heard about replacing the cobalt with iron. And of course people are trying to replace Li-ion entirely. Whether any of this stuff actually makes it to market is anyone's guess.

The thing is though, battery prices have fallen steadily even while costs of cobalt and lithium have soared. It would certainly be nice if they weren't necessary, but there are plenty of less sexy innovations and efficiency gains that can push down prices.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Yet, time and consequences march on...
https://twitter.com/ZLabe/status/995847852029952000

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Thisisfine.jpeg

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If you still have kids when even the laypeople most educated on this issue can't even agree that anyone should do anything to mitigate climate change, ur dumb

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Ssthalar posted:

Thisisfine.jpeg

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I like the part where the colors turn from blue to red.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

:perfect:

... Except, y'know, that our planet´s dying.

Tyrgle
Apr 3, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I hadn't heard of BECCS. Cool I guess, though I can't imagine it making that much of an impact. Biofuel power plants don't generate that much energy, from what I know of them.

I guess I thought there might be some kind of giant sci-fi carbon scrubber machine that had been proposed? I guess not though.

There have been a lot of sci-fi carbon scrubber ideas floated. For example: http://climatechange.medill.northwestern.edu/2016/11/29/artificial-trees-might-be-needed-to-offset-carbon-dioxide-emissions/

From a purely technical angle, building a machine where you put air and electricity in one side and you get air with less CO2 and some carbon blocks out the other side isn't some sort of impossible thing. The question pretty much ends up being entirely about :
  • How much electricity are we talking about exactly?
  • Where does it come from? Coal? Oops.
  • How much do the machines cost?
  • Do we need eleven trillion of them?
  • How is this more cost-effective than growing plants and dumping them in a pit?

BECCS is basically just the last item, for certain definitions of pit.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I don't like how those colors go blue to red because I can read the key of a chart.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Clearly, because they colors go from cool to warmer mapped with blue to red, it's almost #fakenews

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah, people really underestimate "grow forests and bury them" as an alternative, but it both uses up a bunch of potentially surplus labor while also being really quite efficient. You just dig trenches, cut down trees and bury them forever. Get a big enough forest and you can do it sustainably & indefinitely.

But people don't like the idea that their "retirement" might involve digging ditches for food (which is all and all, not a bad life in the grand scheme of things).

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah, people really underestimate "grow forests and bury them" as an alternative, but it both uses up a bunch of potentially surplus labor while also being really quite efficient. You just dig trenches, cut down trees and bury them forever. Get a big enough forest and you can do it sustainably & indefinitely.

But people don't like the idea that their "retirement" might involve digging ditches for food (which is all and all, not a bad life in the grand scheme of things).

Thank you, I'd never heard of this. This was the first article I found while doing an Internet search

https://newrepublic.com/article/41734/burying-trees-brilliant-or-crazy

New Republic, 2008 posted:

But that's just the theory. There are some huge potential problems here. As Zeng himself concedes to New Scientist, burying wood in the wrong types of soil could generate methane—an even more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. In some areas, termites could start munching on the buried wood and release the carbon back into the atmosphere. Not to mention the fact that you're taking key nutrients out of the ecosystem. Even worse, clearing dead wood away from forest floors on such a large scale could, if done clumsily, wreak havoc on a number of habitats. That's probably my biggest worry: This isn't mass deforestation, but a forest-management scheme of this sort could very easily be abused, and almost certainly would in practice.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

This poo poo combined with Israels bullshittery is pissing me off.. again!
I think I need to get my happy pill dose upped... again... :smith:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

galenanorth posted:

Thank you, I'd never heard of this. This was the first article I found while doing an Internet search

https://newrepublic.com/article/41734/burying-trees-brilliant-or-crazy

Yeah the underlying paper is open access and a pretty interesting read: https://cbmjournal.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/1750-0680-3-1

Obviously, just a hypothetical at this point, but I think we need to be willing to consider possibilities like this.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Good news guys

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/05/young-republicans-are-slightly-more-liberal-on-climate-change/560312/?utm_source=feed

quote:

Younger Republicans Are Slightly More Liberal on Climate Change

Millennials in the GOP want more government action on environmental issues than the older generation.

the poll offers two new noteworthy insights.

First, it asks Americans how they feel about solar geo-engineering
Democrats were more likely than Republicans to see promise in geo-engineering, the poll also found.

More than a third of Millennial Republicans agree that the “Earth is warming mostly due to human activity,” as compared to 18 percent of Boomers and older generations. Almost 60 percent of young Republicans say that climate change is having “at least some effect on the United States,” and 45 percent see it active in their community. Nearly half of millennial Republicans say the government is doing too little to “reduce effects of climate change,” as compared to 27 percent of Boomer Republicans, the study found. (In comparison, 89 percent of Democrats say the government should do more.)

this is sarcasm

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 14, 2018

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why would a millennial even be a Republican? If they want low taxes and oppressed people they can just vote D right?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

call to action posted:

Why would a millennial even be a Republican? If they want low taxes and oppressed people they can just vote D right?
Have you never felt like being allowed to say the n word in public is what's truly missing in your life? Be honest.

Alternative answer: Democrats' recent branding for working-class white men seems so terrible that it almost appears intentionally bad.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

call to action posted:

Because openly labeling yourself further right is still a bit risque in polite society.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So where is a good place for me, a Portuguese citizen to escape to? I currently live in the Netherlands which will likely end up underwater and apparently most of Portugal will become desert. As mentioned earlier in this thread, most of Europe will become fascist so one single mention of my name will be enough to send me to a camp. What are my options?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

AceOfFlames posted:

So where is a good place for me, a Portuguese citizen to escape to? I currently live in the Netherlands which will likely end up underwater and apparently most of Portugal will become desert. As mentioned earlier in this thread, most of Europe will become fascist so one single mention of my name will be enough to send me to a camp. What are my options?

The Netherlands has absolutely kick-rear end water control measures, you're better off there than most places, and everywhere will get fashy when the constraints are on, make all the connections you can with both locals and immigrants.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Car Hater posted:

The Netherlands has absolutely kick-rear end water control measures, you're better off there than most places, and everywhere will get fashy when the constraints are on, make all the connections you can with both locals and immigrants.

Unfortunately I'm quite the shut in. Hope my therapist can fix it in time.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

You’ve been posting for like months that they’re going to round up all the Portugese into camps any day now. It’s not going to happen dude. You’re insane

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

You’ve been posting for like months that they’re going to round up all the Portugese into camps any day now. It’s not going to happen dude. You’re insane

Not "any day now", I am thinking long term here. Yes, as a white person I am definitely safer than many others but is it really that crazy to assume that once the more "obvious" (read, browner) minorities are dealt with they won't simply keep looking for scapegoats? I definitely heard one or two mention of "those lazy Southerners" in my time here, that poo poo can morph into something far worse. Not saying it will happen in 5, 10 or even 20 years, but I think it likely will.

EDIT: Also, I'm not afraid of "camps", more like being beaten on the street.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 15, 2018

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

if you are this insecure about your own safety you should move somewhere that allows you to buy and open carry firearms to protect yourself from the boogeymen.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Take up iaido instead, most people won't have any armor whatsoever in a modern apocalypse

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I've been reading a lot about how insecure europe's food chain is - is it really one bad/worse season away from mad max, or will we get to go full fash first via a slow collapse? My BFs hippy sister has a farm in Wales, and it's feeling more and more like the 'best thing to do' is move over there and roll around in sheep poo poo forever.

If personal action is basically pointless, and government action is 'blame the forrins', then is there anything much to do except try to disengage and minimise the harm I cause (and also not loving breed)?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lofi posted:

I've been reading a lot about how insecure europe's food chain is - is it really one bad/worse season away from mad max, or will we get to go full fash first via a slow collapse? My BFs hippy sister has a farm in Wales, and it's feeling more and more like the 'best thing to do' is move over there and roll around in sheep poo poo forever.

If personal action is basically pointless, and government action is 'blame the forrins', then is there anything much to do except try to disengage and minimise the harm I cause (and also not loving breed)?

Food production has been growing faster than population for many decades now across the world, and Europe produces way more food than they eat, which is why they are a net exporter of basic food goods (excluding stuff like coffee/spices, which they import massively). A disruption of food supply would require a political event (see: Venezuela); droughts and floods occur all the time in Europe without major disruption.

I think of greater concern than your extremely negligible impact on the planet would be your proneness to conspiratorial thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lofi posted:

Define food-chain. Like Arkane elaborated on the EU (due to our comically sized agricultural subsidies) is a huge net producer of food. Most of the food-stuffs we import are the food-stuffs that are not really that important.