Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
turd

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Tangent:

My wife is watching Scandal and can we hurry up and get Kerry Washington into the MCU?

Yessss. But also Joe Morton so he can monologue forever. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Yessss. But also Joe Morton so he can monologue forever. :allears:

DC snagged him already. That's if Cyborg ever actually gets made.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

DC snagged him already. That's if Cyborg ever actually gets made.

Omg you're right! But tbh I feel asleep during Justice League but woke up in time to see Cyborg say "Booyah!" So I still consider it a success and better than MoS/BvS 🤷🏾‍♀️

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Omg you're right! But tbh I feel asleep during Justice League but woke up in time to see Cyborg say "Booyah!" So I still consider it a success and better than MoS/BvS 🤷🏾‍♀️

Hey it gave us a happy, smiling Superman so it has that going for it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Rhyno posted:

Tangent:

My wife is watching Scandal and can we hurry up and get Kerry Washington into the MCU?

Don't worry by 2023, an MCU role will be a precondition for SAG membership.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

site posted:

No one has listed X-Men the arcade game yet

from 4 pages back but

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DynamicSloth posted:

Don't worry by 2023, an MCU role will be a precondition for SAG membership.

I'm okay with this.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hell I think I was in the stinger scene of Avengers 4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

Hell I think I was in the stinger scene of Avengers 4

I was an unpaid extra for In the Company of Men. I was planning on being a famous actor but I remained short and pimply a bit too long.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

from 4 pages back but

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

This game was the best and we need some sort of actual sequel (could never get into Prototype)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Prototype 2 streamlined a lot of the first issues, it's really good.

Would still enjoy a Hulk: Supreme Destruction tho.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think Michiel Huisman would make a good Wolverine. He's hot as gently caress.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I still think "batman combined with Wolverine" was basically every 90s comic pitch

I thought Dark Claw claw came from someone having an epiphany about "Patches" and "Matches (Malone)" and the cocaine did the rest

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Pretty likely I'd say. BP's still making box office money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers 4 ends up being a lot bigger than Star Wars IX next year.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I was an unpaid extra for In the Company of Men. I was planning on being a famous actor but I remained short and pimply a bit too long.

Stop bragging that you'd make a good Wolverine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lets have a fat Wolverine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Lets have a fat Wolverine

In Hickman's F4 there's a fat Reed, and I want to believe his entire universe is fat superheroes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The new millennial Wolverine is a big fan of, just obsessed with, musician Jean Grae

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

In Hickman's F4 there's a fat Reed, and I want to believe his entire universe is fat superheroes.

Lot of good reeds here. Only uppper half remaining Reed is a close favorite but I still have to go with Mega Man Reed

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lot of good reeds here. Only uppper half remaining Reed is a close favorite but I still have to go with Mega Man Reed

There's a human torch Reed and a Reed made out of rocks. I'm going to assume there's an invisible Reed there, too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where's female Reed

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Where's female Reed

Like Reed wouldn’t have a “No Girls Allowed (even if they’re me)” sign on his clubhouse.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A big plot point of the run was that 616 Reed was the only one who grew up with a father, making him different than the other Council Reeds. I'm sure it's entirely possible there's female Reeds (and I'm sure Female Universe has been shown in some random comic), but a woman growing up without a father is just a bit different thematically than a male, so I can understand Hickman not including any.

Also they all get murdered by Celestials.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also the reason our Reed is the only one with the father is because all the fathers were forced to killed one another.

Comic books are great.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's all ruined, of course, by Reed not bringing along any Mortys to hide him from the Celestials.

(Yes, I know that the Hickman council came first).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey all I saw Infinity War yesterday and my only real complaint with the movie is that Rocket didn't interact with enough of the characters. I desperately want Rocket and Tony to interact. I want the more grounded heroes like Captain America or Black Widow to interact with this talking Raccoon. Those are the scenes I'm here for folks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Hey all I saw Infinity War yesterday and my only real complaint with the movie is that Rocket didn't interact with enough of the characters. I desperately want Rocket and Tony to interact. I want the more grounded heroes like Captain America or Black Widow to interact with this talking Raccoon. Those are the scenes I'm here for folks.

Rocket dunking on Tony is always cool and good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's so weird to see Tony drawn as like a 20 year old when I do closely associate him with RDJ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I think the only instance of Rocket interacting with a more ‘serious’ character was him and Bucky

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Cap and Groot’s interaction got the biggest laugh in the movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rocket dunking on Tony is always cool and good.

It really bugs me when they do stuff like this cuz it just points out the ridiculousness of the idea that marvel earth has like a thousand super geniuses and regular contact with advanced alien civilizations but somehow is still more or less technologically the same as irl

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I think the only instance of Rocket interacting with a more ‘serious’ character was him and Bucky

Which, I adored that interaction. The way he's used in the fight and the little bit right after.

Also in the CindD thread I know a lot of people had a problem with how Thanos' right hand man was killed considering how powerful he was, but man did I love that he wasn't killed by any fancy super powers and literally just because loving Spiderman saw the movie Aliens.

(also I hope it's okay to not use spoiler tags based on the title, I'll put them in if I'm reading that wrong)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

It really bugs me when they do stuff like this cuz it just points out the ridiculousness of the idea that marvel earth has like a thousand super geniuses and regular contact with advanced alien civilizations but somehow is still more or less technologically the same as irl

Tony Stark has power armor that he stores in his bones but hasn't invented a cell phone with better reception.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Macaluso posted:

Also in the CindD thread I know a lot of people had a problem with how Thanos' right hand man was killed considering how powerful he was, but man did I love that he wasn't killed by any fancy super powers and literally just because loving Spiderman saw the movie Aliens.

It was a smart storytelling move to give Thanos suitably powerful henchmen who could still be dispatched as a way to show the heroes making progress but not actually enough to stop him. Thanos walking over everyone for the entire movie would have been boring and redundant, but having the Avengers be very effective against Thanos himself would have made him seem weaker and less of a threat, which would have meant the ending wouldn't have hit as hard and would seem unearned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ashpanash posted:

It was a smart storytelling move to give Thanos suitably powerful henchmen who could still be dispatched as a way to show the heroes making progress but not actually enough to stop him. Thanos walking over everyone for the entire movie would have been boring and redundant, but having the Avengers be very effective against Thanos himself would have made him seem weaker and less of a threat, which would have meant the ending wouldn't have hit as hard and would seem unearned.
Yeah I had some misgivings about giving Thanos henchmen since in the original story he doesn’t have them, but it works in that it helps to build to the final confrontation.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Most of them went out in really memorable and grisly ways too, the only one I didn't immediately remember upon thinking about it was Corvus' death (and I remember it now).

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
While we're on the subject, Spidey killed a guy, right? He definitely planned to kill Ebony Maw like in a movie he saw.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

site posted:

Avengers forever dealt with this plot. In fact it's one of the primary conflicts in the story.

Basically, blame the time keepers and Immortus. They don't want humanity going on to space, because 40% of the time, humanity goes into space and fucks everything up. So they've been manipulating poo poo to ensure that humanity remains stuck on earth.

I do like how Busiek was the only writer I can think of that addressed the issue of why the hell is humanity still stuck on earth despite this ridiculous technology being around.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sesq posted:

While we're on the subject, Spidey killed a guy, right? He definitely planned to kill Ebony Maw like in a movie he saw.

Yeah but he's an alien.

• Locked thread